The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-03-2010, 10:18 PM   #161
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
No, not really. Don't you READ!

Iunno maybe because I HAVE TO FNG HOURS LEFT!
I READ what you put in the post I quoted. And having two hours in which to vote is not an explanation of why you aren't willing to vote for either of two persons you say "look bad".

Quote:
The others vote you idiot!
It's also rather poor form to resort to name-calling.

x/d with Morsul and BG.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #162
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Thank you. Now, can someone explain what mistakes I am making so I wont do it again?
I Can, Vote for your own reasons not what others want you to do. It shows a Pack mentality that leads one to belive your, go figure, part of a pack.

Then if you do have a thought process it should be based on who's most suspicious to you Not who makes you look least suspicious. You could have a Fishman in your sights but give them a pass based on your own inhibitions.

though Methinks still your a bit scalley
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #163
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Sorry...
Fair enough, Actually it ironically makes you (A bit, but not aquitted) less suspicious based on my own anger prompted posts in the past.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #164
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
I Can, Vote for your own reasons not what others want you to do. It shows a Pack mentality that leads one to belive your, go figure, part of a pack.

Then if you do have a thought process it should be based on who's most suspicious to you Not who makes you look least suspicious. You could have a Fishman in your sights but give them a pass based on your own inhibitions.

though Methinks still your a bit scalley
What? I'm not voting because I want to see if anything changes. And it is, slowly.
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #165
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Paranoia has just left Hobbiton.
Just a friendly reminder: Phase change is in an hour and a half. The only one currently not required to vote is Nerwen.
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #166
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Quote:
Fair enough, Actually it ironically makes you (A bit, but not aquitted) less suspicious based on my own anger prompted posts in the past.
I hate getting angry! Then I just post hoping someone understands! My biggest fear is being the 'spotlight'. (in RL) I don't know why.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #167
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

no I mean That's wht to do in the future I didn't mean vote this second

Vote when you're comfortable But vote for someone You are comfortable voting for not for who Others are... Am I clear? Because I barely understand that sentence
Old 07-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #168
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
No one wants to be suspected, whether or not you're innocent.
I do. More fun that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I mean when someone says "I'm not going to vote for Eonwe, because I don't want to bandwagon" they're thinking about how a vote for Eonwe would look...right?
Not necessarily. If you bandwaggon, you make the chance that the person you voted for dies much more likely, especially at certain crucial points. A person who is uncertain might not want to pronounce doom even upon the person they suspect most. Also, bandwaggons have a history of going wrong (for some reason, nobody seems to remember successful bandwaggons), so some people shy away from joining and fueling them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
You seem to be implying here we should lynch Morsul to find out his role and then that will give us the most information. Am I accurate?
Nope. Just meant to say that analysing votes is difficult. I don't like lynching people just for information. It's not really fair, and it wastes a lynch, so unless you really know the information is going to help a great deal, it's probably not worth it.

Blind Guardian looks innocent to me. Not exactly very helpful, for certain, but a fish would have to be quite gutsy to openly admit she wants to look good. Her overall tone toDay is also quite earnest, I think.

Morsul is baffling, but probably not evilly so.

Inzil sure is tense toDay.

Something else just came to mind. The fishes killed a Morsul-voter. Considering that his lack of posting was one reason he got under fire, with his one post being suspicious, the fishes could easily assume that Morsul would be able to have a more comfortable Day2 - or at least have every chance to have one such. Killing one of his voters would have been an unnecessary move. (Unless, of course, they thought Autume was the seer, but I don't remember anything about her that seemed that way.) A frame by unthreatened fishes who weren't able to think of anybody strategically better to kill appears most likely to me.

Now I have to make up my mind who to vote for. I have some vague ideas, but nothing good enough.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #169
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Agreed. Still not cool.

As frustrating as it is to know you're innocent BG, and seemingly have everyone bombarding you with supposed "mistakes" you're making, while you beat your head off a wall trying to explain, gotta have a bit more self-control. Remember, just a game, nothing's personal and the people spinning tales about how suspicious you look, could very well be evil ya know. Still uncalled for, happens again, I don't care if I think you're innocent, I'll vote for you.

With that being said, you've said sorry, Morsul's an understanding gentleman and ready to move on. So, let's carry on with something more constructive eh?
Old 07-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #170
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm thinking Boromir is innocent... He's laying into Inzil Way too much to be Wolf on Wolf This early and if Inzil is innocent boro's head would be up on the block faster than a... something fast(12:40Am brain slowing) and if Inzil's a wolf then he gets props...
Old 07-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #171
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
All right, it's bedtime, and I have to vote.

I don't understand BG, but I'm not convinced at the moment she's evil.

I'm not at all convinced Morsul is innocent, but I'm not as comfortable voting him as I am

++Glirdan

for the reasons I gave here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me View Post
You do have a point about Glirdan. He did say something to the effect that Morsul hadn't said anything to earn his vote, then voted Morsul the next post. He also didn't address what I was wondering about here.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:54 PM   #172
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

I think Boro's innocent also. I don't know Glirdan, Izil, or Morsul. Though I don't know if I'd vote for the latter two.

++Glirdan

Just realized TIMES UP!

I am voting for Glirdan because he is the only one that I feel has the most aginst him (her?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Yar har me hearties, what are we doing standing here jabbering like a bunch of mud puppies when we gots murderous Fish on board??

I says that I is in agreement with this here landlubberin' mud pup. Sumtins not right with that there Eonwe. The way hes a splittin' his mind about the little lass Nerwen and that there Guardian o' the Blind feller has me thinking. What if he's a murderous scumbucket who's tryin' to stick w' th' person who bes making the most sense in his mind? Or p'rhap he be one our mateys who be all confuddled in that brain o' his. I be keeping my eye on him....would keep both, but I lost me other one in a fight with some sea critters.

Well tha's no good matey!!

I don't like that. Also there is only 5 or 6 post made by him/her. Weird. That's the only reason why he voted for Eönwë besides a gut feeling. I don't buy it

Last edited by Blind Guardian; 07-03-2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: highlight, why
Old 07-03-2010, 11:13 PM   #173
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Wilwa - not sure what to think of her right now. Just reread her posts and still the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
And yet. Glirdan is looking bad to me. I know, he always does, but it's always for good reason. Both yesterDay and toDay he seems to just be latching on to other people's ideas, looking very agreeable, and then earlier he totally pounced on something I said, and interpreted it very incorrectly. I also find it odd that he suspects Elf-Warrior toDay, then next post says Morsul doesn't look bad enough to vote for, and then votes for Morsul who he says is the only person he is suspicious of.
I understand the part concerning Glirdan's approach to EW and Morsul, but the rest? I don't find him that agreeable toDay nor most of yesterDay. Interpreting something incorrectly is not suspicious unless you have reason to believe it was intentionally so, which I don't see here.
Would I want to vote for her based on this? Not really...

Glirdan - don't like to see him becoming toDay's bandwaggon choice. Even though he ended up being wrong, he seemed very innocent yesterDay before the deadline. Though he went a bit too far, maybe, I can see why Wilwa's analysis irritated him. That leaves his not-so-well reasoned suspicion of EW and his not-at-all-well vote for Morsul. He merits attention, certainly, but I would be uncomfortable with his death toDay.

EW - keeps bugging me, and I don't know why. Nothing he says screams fish, but I can't help myself. Maybe it's the dearth of posts.

Inzil - very industrious and a bit too tense. Looking closer at his posts, however, I don't really find anything suspicious. Watching him, though.

Nerwen - needs to post more. Not a target for toDay, but I'm wary.
Boro - looks innocent enough so far
Morsul - not suspicious
Shasta - not alarmed
BG - seems innocent
Rikae - nothing I've seen so far looks evil

And who do I vote for now? *grumble*
Old 07-03-2010, 11:30 PM   #174
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Not too suspicious of Glirdan, and it seems the others with votes are Morsul and Blind Guardian. I'd like to vote for Inzil, but that doesn't seem to have much support...
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:34 PM   #175
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Inzil? Nah, not suspicious enough at this point. Given the choice between him and Glirdan, I'd rather try my luck with Glirdan.

I wish people were posting more...
Old 07-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #176
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Glirdan->Morsul
Morsul-Blind Guardian
Wilwa-->Glirdan
Inziladűn->Glirdan
BeiGei->Glirdan

It's not a bandwagon. I think everyone is just voting for their most suspicious.

Edit: xed with Mac
Old 07-03-2010, 11:37 PM   #177
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Just recieved word from Shasta, who is unable to access the computer due to a few other issues.

He did, however, fortunately leave me with a vote.

++Blind Guardian

Which gives us the following vote count.

Glirdan->Morsul
Morsul-Blind Guardian
Wilwa-->Glirdan
Inziladűn->Glirdan
BeiGei->Glirdan
Shasta->BeiGei

On another note, just 22 minutes to go, and just a little over half the ship has voted.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:40 PM   #178
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Of the people I listed as possible votes, the one I'm having the most difficulty imagining as a possible innocent is:

++Morsul
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:45 PM   #179
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Why me? And if he didn't have internet how would he know?

Why can you not imagine him innocent?
Old 07-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #180
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Glirdan -> Morsul
Morsul -> Blind Guardian
Wilwa -> Glirdan
Inzil -> Glirdan(2)
Blind Guardian -> Glirdan(3)
Shasta -> Blind Guardian(2)
Rikae -> Morsul(2)

Do I like these options. No.

Where is Boro?
Old 07-03-2010, 11:50 PM   #181
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

10 minutes left. Left to vote other than me: Nerwen, Boro, EW. Present out of those other than me: none. I guess the "good" thing is that at least my vote won't change the outcome anyway...
Old 07-03-2010, 11:51 PM   #182
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Not too suspicious of Glirdan, and it seems the others with votes are Morsul and Blind Guardian. I'd like to vote for Inzil, but that doesn't seem to have much support...
You should know where I stand on that matter, at least when it comes to Blind and Inzil.

Morsul, can't tell, probably never will. He gets a lot of people talking about him, but in this situation, going to agree with Mac. Don't want to vote for someone to try and get info, when that could be completely useless and when I've got some other stronger, suspicions.

Glirdan, I think wilwa is misrepresenting, which makes me uneasy about wilwa. She is probably most familiar with how Glirdan plays, and yeah she always seems to suspect him, but this time feels a bit sinister. As if she's using it for cover to get a lynch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwa
I also find it odd that he suspects Elf-Warrior toDay, then next post says Morsul doesn't look bad enough to vote for, and then votes for Morsul who he says is the only person he is suspicious of.
That's a rather rough generalization of what Glirdan's said. He's been consistant in feeling uneasy about Morsul from Day 1, because of his vote. The two posts from Glirdan I think she's referencing:

Quote:
I'm still quite leary of Morsul, but he hasn't said much today for me to vote him. TEW has made a slightly reasonable argument in his defense for his vote...but I still believe he warrants watching. #110
He actually seems to have been somewhat appeased by TEW's defense. So to say he goes from only suspecting TEW today, then suspecting Morsul but doesn't think it's enough for a vote, but votes for Morsul is "only" suspect, is just not right:

Quote:
Oh I really hate doing this this early, especially since there has been barely any actual chatter toDay, but I have to vote like now seeing as I know I will not be back for DL....So, I'm going to go with the only other person I have any real suspicions on:

++Morsul #116
Possible innocent misread by wilwa, but I do think she's spinning a Glirdan = guilty tale that just isn't correct. He actually backed away from suspicion of TEW, and voted for the person he seems to be the most uneasy about so far. The consistancy and "fall back" vote for Morsul, could be suspicious, but that's not wilwa's reason for voting Glirdan. Her reasons are quite wrong when looking at Glirdan's posts.

Glirdan looked like his typical pressed for time waffling what to do self.

Edit: probably crossed, this post went longer than what I thought when I first started.

Edit 2: Bold is my emphasis.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:52 PM   #183
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Well I guess this will probably mean bye bye me
Old 07-03-2010, 11:54 PM   #184
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Well I guess this will probably mean bye bye me
Do you want to go bye bye? Speak quickly.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:55 PM   #185
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Not at all
Old 07-03-2010, 11:56 PM   #186
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Who do you want to bye-bye, Boro?
Old 07-03-2010, 11:58 PM   #187
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Sting

I'd like to confirm that I changed my mind about Rikae before the turning of the DAY. However, I'm starting to suspect her again.

Here are my thoughts on the other sailors.

Inzy: His arguments against me make sense (mostly.) I'm not sure about him.

Nerwen
isn't raising my alarm bells.

I think BG is innocent and I agree with Wilwa's statement that worrying about how other people will view one's vote isn't necessarily fishish.

Rikae: Seems to have a bit of a tendency for misunderstanding. I wouldn't rule her out as being a wolf. I'm inclined to take Inzy's side over her.

Mac: His lastest post seems genuine.I'm tentatively inclined to call him innocent.

Glirdan
: His attacks against me seem genuine to me. I say he's leaning innocent.

Wilwa
does make a good argument for BG's innocence. However, one can be a fish and still make cogent points. Boromir88 makes a good case against Wilwa.

Boromir: Leaning toward innocent.

Morsul's admission of tunnel vision seems genuine to me.

Shasta: I don't know.

I'm gonna go

++Wilwarin

Last edited by The Elf-warrior; 07-03-2010 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Cross-posted from #184 on.
The Elf-warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:58 PM   #188
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Who do you want to bye-bye, Boro?
++Morsul
Old 07-03-2010, 11:59 PM   #189
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Not at all
If you live you'll have to explain that tomorrow. ASAP.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:59 PM   #190
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Will do
Old 07-04-2010, 12:00 AM   #191
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

++Glirdan

I do suspect him a little, after all, unlike Morsul. Maybe it's the late time, but I suddenly get an impression of wolf-Boro trying to rescue wolf-Glirdan.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:00 AM   #192
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

DANGIT!! NOOOO!!! Get Wilwa, final words and one of the three above is innocent
Old 07-04-2010, 12:02 AM   #193
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Couldn't have gotten Wilwa. She: 1, you 3.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:02 AM   #194
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Glirdan -> Morsul
Morsul -> Blind Guardian
Wilwa -> Glirdan
Inzil -> Glirdan(2)
Blind Guardian -> Glirdan(3)
Shasta -> Blind Guardian(2)
Rikae -> Morsul(2)
The Elf-Warrior -> Wilwa
Boromir -> Morsul (3)
Mac -> Glirdan (Came in after deadline had passed, therefore void. )

~~~~In which there is more (human) Bloodshed~~~~

Another day stuck out at sea.

Another vote for an accursed monster of the deep.

Another dead Ordo.

Something better'll be coming in the morning. Right now I've been sort of looking at this half asleep at the keyboard and half not; probably not the best time to write a story. Unless you want said story to be about magical fluffy bears soaring through clouds and punching Cthulhu in his left eye.

Last edited by Paranoia; 07-04-2010 at 02:13 AM.