The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2007, 08:53 AM   #1
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
WW XXIIX - Queer Lodgings

Welcome to the twenty-eighth official game of Werewolf. Pull up a noose, cast a few votes and get comfortable.

THEME SONG TIME!!

(apologies to Tool, the String Quartet, and you.)

I am sure you all know the rules by now.

The players are -

Beorn - Thinlomien
Gandalf the Grey - Valier
Bilbo Baggins - Meneltarmacil
Thorin Oakenshield - Anguriel
Balin - Kath
Dwalin - dancing spawn of ungoliant
Gloin - Kitanna
Oin - Volo
Dori - Boromir88
Nori - Rune son of Bjarne
Ori - Durelin
Fili - Naria
Kili - Eomer of the Rohirrim
Bifur - Nilpaurion Fegalund
Bofur - Nogrod
Bombur - Holbytlass
Durin the Deathless - Farael

There are:
Three WOLVES
Two TWINS
One SEER
One HUNTER
One PROTECTOR

(tbc)

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
By the time the wizard had finished her tale and had told of the eagles' rescue and of how they all had been brought to the Carrock, the sun had fallen behind the peaks of the Misty Mountains and the shadows were long in Beornómien's garden.

"A very good tale!" said she. "The best I have heard for a long while. If all beggars could tell such a good one, they might find me kinder. You may be making it all up, of course, but you deserve a supper for the story all the same. Let's have something to eat!"

"She made a lot of stuff up!" squeaked Meneltarbo Baggins, but stopped when Valier stuck out her fake bushy eyebrows at him and scowled him into silence.

"The quintessential adventurer's story," said Thorin Anguirelshield stroking his beard. "You have my thousand thanks for allowing us temporary regenerative repose in your naturalistic domicile, notwithstanding the dubious circumstances of our arrival..."

"Oh no, now we'll never get to eat," moaned Bomburlass. "He'll go on for hours!"

"However, there is something of importance that I feel obligated to tell you Beornómien," said Valier. "While we escaped from the goblin's lair, I fear we may have inadvertantly fallen into something far more dangerous."

"Whatever do you mean?" chorused Nari and Eomi.

Valier, in truth, never minded explaining her own cleverness more than once.

"What I mean is that we are getting rather nearer to the dark abode of the Necromancer. And I, as you no doubt probably did not know, I am highly interested in his movements for secret and important reasons of my own, the reasons for which will no doubt become common knowledge sooner than I would like."

"Indeed, you are farther in than you ever hoped to dare," came a very deep voice. The voice came from a very ancient looking dwarf, whose snow-white beard was looped several times across his shoulders. A gasp came from all of Thorin's company, and they fell to their knees.

"Durin the Deathless!" they cried. "It is an omen, by Mahal!"

"We shall see about that," he said wryly. "It is said that the Necromancer has tried to ensnare dwarves before, and failed. He has slain us, and gotten nothing from it but what was already his. But this time, I fear for the Naugrim."

All the people in Beornómien's house felt chills run up and down their spine.

"Werewolves," muttered Valier.

"Yes indeed," nodded Durin. "This is cursed ground. All who stand upon it are suspect."

"Out of the goblin's lair to be caught by wolves to be rescued by eagles only to be turned into wolves!" cried Meneltarbo, and it became a sig line, but of course he didn't know it yet. "Can't we run away, or eat some medicinal plant, or something?!?"

"There is no cure for Werewolfery," said Valier. "At least, none that even Saruman the White can find. The only remedy for it is death. And we dare not flee - this can be spread."

"However," said Beornómien. "I do happen to know that most people have a strong immunity towards it. I doubt all of us will become lupine."

"Then the only thing that we can do is to wait until tonight," said Thorin. "We will set a watch, who will then alert us to signs of...danger. I elect our esteemable burglar, Master Baggins, to take especial notice to unexpected fangs, hair, and murderous intent during the night, and to take appropriate and immediate action forthwith."

"I'll lend you an axe," said Dori88 kindly.

"No need for such doom and gloom then," said Beornomien leaping to her feet. "How about dinner to cheer us all up?"

But the food only cheered Bomburlass up. The rest of them ate in silence.

"So," began Kathin. "Beornómien...you say you can change into a bear?"

Beornómien glared at her. "I didn't say that. Did anyone hear me say that? I never said that."

"Er," said Dwancing Spawn of Fundin. "Valier did say that..."

"I heard her with my own ears," said Glóanna. Voloin nodded his assent.

"I distinctly heard myself say the same thing," said Valier the Grey, as she stroked her fake grey beard.

"Not a bear," muttered Beornómien. "More...aquatic and avian."

Only Thorin, Valier and Durin appeared to know what those two words meant.

"So...you actually turn into..." said a puzzled Bofgrod.

"A large and fierce penguin," growled Beornómen. "So don't mess with me!"

Runi, Dori88 and Orilin snickered very quietly.

Durin stood up majestically, if a bit stiffly.

"My dear friends," he orated. "We will have a very troubling time of it until we find out if any of us have been infected. I counsel a good night's sleep, for even if we dwarves are the hardiest in all of middle-earth, even we need rest."

The others saw the wisdom of this, and dropped off nearly where they were. But Valier, before she went to sleep, spoke to Meneltarbo.

"Good night, my dear hobbit, and be careful! Wake Bifur Felagund at midnight to take his watch, and wake me first if anything happens, and do not do anything foolish!"

Meneltarbo sat cold and uncomortably, thinking of his dear little hobbit hole. How he wished he was curled up in his own featherbed, nibbling on seed-cakes and half a turkey, while his teakettle was just singing. Not for the last time!

And slowly, slowly he dropped off to sleep...

---------------------------------------

It is now NIGHT one. Wolves may PM, twins may not.
I do not need a name from the Seer or the Protector at this time. The Hunter may PM me a name any time they wish, up until voting is closed at the end of the Day.
The first DAY will begin in 24 hours.

Last edited by Oddwen; 01-07-2007 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #3
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

It was Beornómien who woke them all the next morning with her fierce roaring.

"My animals!!" she cried. "My poor, poor animals!"

Their bodies were strewn about all over the garden, and fence, and sides of the building, and the beehives.

Poor Meneltarbo felt very bad indeed - the animals were really delightful things, and he was sorry they were dead.

All of Thorin's company were grumbling, and he noticed that they were glaring at him.

"Burglar!" roared Beornó. "Burglar! More like a Werewolf than a Burglar!"

"Now now now," said Valier. "We can't go accusing without proof..."

The rest of the company snorted with laughter.

The wizard scowled and waggled her fake grey beard in anger at being interrupted.

"Furthermore," she continued. "There are tracks of three Wolves around. It is highly unlikely that a very small hobbit could go around making three seperate tracks - therefore I think we have some work to do to weed these Wolves out."

The rest of the strange company glared suspiciously at each other. What was the world coming to, when a dwarf couldn't trust his own brother? Or sister?

Durin spoke. "I fear that some of you will not live beyond today. Many songs will be sung of this...provided, of course, that we are successful in weeding these Wolves out."

All eyes sprung with tears. For which of them, after all, didn't have dear family or friends in the crowd?

Thorin stood straight and tall, and said in a great voice -

"WE...SHALL...NOT...FALL!"

--------------------------------

DAY one has now begun. Wolves, stop PMing, Twins may start.
I'll need a name from the Hunter before the final votes are in.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:07 AM   #4
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Dori88 pulled out a piece of paper from his pockets. He addressed the company 'The one thing, I'm sure you're all wondering right now is...are you on the list?'
Old 01-08-2007, 10:32 AM   #5
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Actually I wasn't. . .

Surely you would not consider you friends for wolves? Obviously a dwarf would not have done this! That leaves the burglar, the fake wizard and the big guy. . .

Just look how they are already trying to take the lead of this group, when surely it should be Durin and Thorin making the decitions.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:07 AM   #6
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pretty taciturn lot, aren't ye? Pshah. Lurking and holding your peace does not make you wise, my good Dwarves.

I have forgotten whether the Twins amongst you are out for yourselves or working with us. If you be traitors 'gainst your lord and your company - which I seem to recall you are - remember that the wolves are a greater threat to you than we are, for the knowledge is in their hands.

Hrrrm. I have much planning to do, and also intend to check the laws that govern us in this house.

When I have come to a decision, I will order you, as my vassals, to lynch whoever I wish. I am confident you will obey me, loyal kinsmen.

The King Under The Mountain will come into his own.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:25 AM   #7
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
From what I've heard the Twins are traitors, looking to their own survival only. My ancestors have perished due to their treachery in times not so long ago.

I do feel bad for the death of those animals though. Perhaps I should have been on lookout last night rather than little Meneltarbo, though he has slipped by me before so maybe it wouldn't have done us any good.

I have little to say right now, as there is just so little to make use of yet.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:41 AM   #8
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
How about you who were keeping watch, didn't you see the beasts? What kind of a watchkeeping is that - unless you were running around the yard slaughtering our host's animals yourself.

Well, three wolf trails equal three pairs of muddy feet, no? Pull off your shoes and socks! At least Meneltarbo's feet look quite muddy. And furry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
I have forgotten whether the Twins amongst you are out for yourselves or working with us.
With grief I note that your memory does not serve you as well as some 100 years ago, O Thorin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moddwen
I was planning to make them both [twins] goodies
I haven't seen another comment about that, so I assume that they're not as evil as Kath suggests, but a bit like Shirriffs in the Shire.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:05 PM   #9
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing spawn of ungoliant
How about you who were keeping watch, didn't you see the beasts? What kind of a watchkeeping is that - unless you were running around the yard slaughtering our host's animals yourself.
I say we look at that Meneltarbo Baggins fellow, he's been a bit strange and sneaky lately. He's snuck past our watches before, you know.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #10
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Anyone got any porter?

Voloin, brother? Let's away to find some...
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #11
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Runi, that be good then...you don't want to end up on my wolf list. Yes, I repeat it's MY wolf list.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:36 PM   #12
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Dwalin m'lady, you are as enlightening as ever. Does this mean, though, that these Twins have not infiltrated the Wolves? I am still somewhat bemused.

I hired the burglar, my company, and I intend to answer any attacks on him that I consider to be unjust. He may be incompetent, but we cannot immediately declare him fiendish.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:50 PM   #13
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I would agree with Runi. No dwarf could ever do this. Not ever.

The big one, what was it Valier the Grey said, Beornómien, a shape changer? Looks a clear case to me then. And our master thief Meneltarbo here? He spent time in the goblin mountain by himself! Who knows what he did there? Or what was done to him?

Lord Thorin Anguirelshield, I believe Dwalin, Dwancing Spawn of Fundin is right here as it is quite clearly said that the twins are good.

Let's see our options next...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:52 PM   #14
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
The King Under The Mountain will come into his own.
Yada yada yada... no King under the mountain or over it will be ordering THIS Durin around. Read my name... Durin the deathless.... you know? that fine fellow whom you owe your allegiance to. And for that matter, all of you do, other than the old wizard, the hobbit and the big guy.

How convenient, three of them, non of them dwarves, and three werewolves. I SAY DOWN WITH THEM!!! I know no dwarf would ever do something like this.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:57 PM   #15
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Durin the Deathless...that fine fellow whom you owe your allegiance to
My lord Durin, I'm sorry to break it to you but you are most certainly dead. I am the only King around here.

Hmmm. Who is our enemy again? The Necromancer. What do Necromancers do? Summon up and manipulate the dead.

I smell a rat, or rather a corpse.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #16
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
How convenient, three of them, non of them dwarves, and three werewolves.
And just because of that, maybe a little too convenient? That would be a maddening joke indeed, but as all of this looks like a mad-joke anyway, I wouldn't put it past this Necromancer to make it just like that.

I do not think that we should first run at the non-dwarwes just because of their non-dwarvesness, but if one of them turns out a wolf I might wish to try another one just to make sure...
Old 01-08-2007, 01:07 PM   #17
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I think Dori, Nori and Ori are the wolves. What Countess of Chance could resist placing the curse on the rhyming three. Certainly not I, Kili, and I'm not even a Countess! That can mean only that she was even more likely to give in to that delicious temptation — if my reasoning is valid, which it is not.

But where did logic ever get us before? We set out on a quest with 13 Dwarves. That's not logic; that's suicide!

Hence: Boromir, Rune and Durelin are the wolves. I, Kili, deem it so.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:07 PM   #18
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Surely you would not consider you friends for wolves? Obviously a dwarf would not have done this! That leaves the burglar, the fake wizard and the big guy. . .~Runi
Quote:
I would agree with Runi. No dwarf could ever do this. Not ever.~Bofrod
Quote:
How convenient, three of them, non of them dwarves, and three werewolves. I SAY DOWN WITH THEM!!! I know no dwarf would ever do something like this.~Lord Durin
Ai! Three dwarves insisting no dwarf could ever do such a thing and we look at all the 'non-dwarves.' It may be overwhelming pride but smells like at least 1 wolf behavior to me. Aye, it does.

Of our non-brothers, I'd be the first to call for the lynching of Beornomien. I've seen her rage on the battlefield, she was a demon possessed I say. And can't control herself when she transforms into a bear. But I've seen the wrath, she was even impervious to weapons! There is something evil about that man-bear berserker. Beornomien...'is that your....
ID-ent-TI-TY!?'

I rally behind my Lord...Thorin Anguirelshield. What has little Baggins ever done to anyone here? I'm so ashamed to be in the company of such ungrateful dwarves...I've never felt this ashamed in my life. This little Baggins has risked his neck and saved our skins more than just once. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Edit: x-posted with Eomer and Nogrod
Old 01-08-2007, 01:25 PM   #19
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, if we're using logic here, I say, if Bomburlass doesn't get it tonight, she must be one of the dark creatures. She's got the most meat on her, thus a wolf could not resist.

And Dori, Nori, and I are not the only ones who rhyme, thank you. Fili, Kili, and Bali...Bili...yeah...
Old 01-08-2007, 01:39 PM   #20
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I kind of like this: a game opening this early. Good!

Three nice moves (Runi, myself and Lord Durin), trying to clear the view from the dwarves to non-dwarves in the very beginning. Very nice indeed. But also very much in a tone of in-character (or in-story). Easy to begin with and as such not so serious. Still a good place for a wolf to hide within, or then not. Too much in the open, I think.

Then a nice move by Dori88, making us note it and to give an air of clearheaded and quick-witted innocentness to him. That too is quite light, but a bit more serious.

Then I suggest we look also Dori88, still a light one, but a step more serious again.

With this start I would be keen to look at those not able to take off the in-story stuff early enough. I think you know my ways...
Old 01-08-2007, 02:26 PM   #21
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Voin Good ("I steal from the rich (dragons) and give to the poor (dwarves)."), or Voloin here, at last. I was picking flowers, I'll give a flower to each of you and leave myself one. Each of us can give a flower to the scariest of us and the one who gets most flowers shall be looked at closer. Wouldn't that be a good idea?

I still think that it is a mistake you, Meneltarbo, didn't take your niece, Friko, with us. Although I can't know it yet, as Friko isn't even born, but she's a good lass.

Oh, so sad... But enough of sadness. Little advice can I give, but Bofgrod says true, or so I fear, Dorimor or as you call him, Dori88 has a scary air around him. I fear his words.

Quote:
Of our non-brothers, I'd be the first to call for the lynching of Beornomien. I've seen her rage on the battlefield, she was a demon possessed I say. And can't control herself when she transforms into a bear. But I've seen the wrath, she was even impervious to weapons! There is something evil about that man-bear berserker. Beornomien...'is that your....
ID-ent-TI-TY!?'
Is he trying to give somebody a sign here, why would he say something that way. I have seen him giving, rather misleading, but clues anyway, in a strange manner.

Or is just a joke, I think not...

...I think it's time to sleep.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #22
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
I perhaps am getting old and grumpy, but I think we are all playing too carefully. So I'll be the first one to say

KILL NILP!!! he will thank you for it anyway.

and now I must go to er.... not-die. (I.e: I've got class in real life, be back later on tonight)
Old 01-08-2007, 02:35 PM   #23
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Well, if we're using logic here, I say, if Bomburlass doesn't get it tonight, she must be one of the dark creatures. She's got the most meat on her, thus a wolf could not resist.
Sooo, Durelori, you say this so when I do get it tonight you can claim that someone was setting you up .
While I do agree that I would be a most tender meal, I disagree that I was one of these fiends. I like my sleep too much.

But as to who would do such nasty things in the house of our most esteemed host I haven't a clue.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:39 PM   #24
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Quite much accusing and defending concerning Mr. Baggins here, and yet he hasn't even dared to utter a word after the grisly waking. While waiting for other people to speak their mind, I might as well say a few things.

I wonder, what makes Dori88 advertisese his wolf list so much, and if he was soundly asleep as he was supposed to, when did he have the time to write the list in the first place? Well, you say it is wolvish to accuse our non-dwarvish companions, but you agree that Beornómien seems evil. Indeed, I've heard that wolves can turn against one another to fool the innocents, but if that's the case, we might find out when the conversation gets more lively.

As for Voloin's comment about "ID-ent-TI-TY", well, I thought Dori was implying that our host could transform into an Ent, but then again, I'm not exactly sure how that would prove that she's guilty.

'Nomen est omen', some say, but since no one's name here is simply Mr. Wolf or Ms. Lycan, I think I need more evidence for myself in this matter than Eomi here.

I have to say, though, that Orilin seems to spend more time with the porter than pondering this problem...

Some seriousness is indeed in order as the day keeps growing older. I need to go braiding my beard now, but I'll see you in ten. Hours, that is.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:53 PM   #25
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Hmmm...I think dwarves here are trying to overthink themselves into trouble. Aye, that's what I say.

There's nothing coded at all, just two awful attempts of seeing how creative I can be. There is a common theme of puns/parodies for pure enjoyment and creativity I'm doing in my posts. If no one can see it, there's nothing I can do. Which means no Miss Spawn, I wasn't saying Beornomien can morph into an ent. It was a bad attempt of a play off a person's infamous lines. I was considering doing a 'Deal or No Deal' gag, but that's too obvious and not creative enough.

Before I depart for a brief while, just some general comments here...Lord Durin is innocent and Miss Spawn is innocent. Congratulations, you two are not the weakest link. Good bye.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:13 PM   #26
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Dori88 was rather flatteringly servile earlier. I would be suspicious, but then, after all, I do deserve it, being the King Under The Mountain and all.

As things stand I will probably vote for Durin the Dead because his claims of overlordship and his rotting stench irk me. However, I of course have plenty of time to make up my mind.

Dori's unilateral declarations of innocence may be another mysterious gameshow joke or may be a throwback to the style of the phantoms of old. Either way, I don't like them much, I'm afraid.

I also noticed Bomburlass was quite quick to get back to Durelori about an apparently light hearted joke...maybe I should vote for her, striking down the unclean like a hammer on an anvil...
Old 01-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #27
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Oh, and, goodnight, loyal subjects...
Old 01-08-2007, 03:23 PM   #28
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Quote:
Surely you would not consider you friends for wolves? Obviously a dwarf would not have done this! That leaves the burglar, the fake wizard and the big guy. . .~Runi
Quote:
I would agree with Runi. No dwarf could ever do this. Not ever.~Bofrod
Quote:
How convenient, three of them, non of them dwarves, and three werewolves. I SAY DOWN WITH THEM!!! I know no dwarf would ever do something like this.~Lord Durin
Ai! Three dwarves insisting no dwarf could ever do such a thing and we look at all the 'non-dwarves.' It may be overwhelming pride but smells like at least 1 wolf behavior to me. Aye, it does.
I believe Bori88 makes a valid point with this. Of course chances of all three being are fanged fiends is near impossible, however perhaps one hides among those.

At the moment I rule out Runi. He was the first to say it and I take that as the usual first post in-character jest. Looking at the other two I come up with little to say on innocence or guilt. But perhaps one enemy hides among them.

Quote:
I think Dori, Nori and Ori are the wolves. What Countess of Chance could resist placing the curse on the rhyming three. Certainly not I, Kili, and I'm not even a Countess! That can mean only that she was even more likely to give in to that delicious temptation — if my reasoning is valid, which it is not.
Interesting, but there are also four sets of rhyming names.
Balin
Dwalin
Gloin
Oin
Dori
Nori
Ori
Fili
Kili

So if the Countess of Chance wanted to play that game with us then she could have picked one name from each rhyming group (excluding one) and thus putting yourself in the same catergory as you placed Ori, Dori, and Nori.

Quote:
Dori's unilateral declarations of innocence may be another mysterious gameshow joke or may be a throwback to the style of the phantoms of old. Either way, I don't like them much, I'm afraid.
He's a clever one and make no mistake. I am a bit of worried over his declaration of the innocents, but the fact he used "you are not the weakest link" throws me off. As you said Anguriel Oakenshield, it could just be another gameshow throwback. Bori88 is crafty when evil, yet extremely helpful when innocent.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:31 PM   #29
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh what a mess...I seem to be a little under the weather (RL) and may not be able to participate as much as I would like today. I will be on frequently to read, but don't expect much from this here old Wizard today.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:33 PM   #30
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'm pulling off for some beard-trimming too.

But just a couple of things before it as I seem to be somewhat bad in this in-character game anyhow.

From what has passed this far - and it's early, no question about it - I would say that I would be highly reluctant to help with the lynching of Nori88, Dwalin Dwancing Spawn of Fundin, Durin the Deathless or Voloin as they have actually been playing the game with some openness. And looking at the latest, I should include our lord Thorin Anguirelshield to my list as he seemed to start making points.

Others taking part so far have been very careful indeed and that raises my suspicions, always.

Runi only has made a shielding of the dwarves in-character -style.

Glóanna said we should look for Meneltarbo the burglar in-character style.

Kathin made an erroneous (?) statement about the twins and said she had nothing to say.

Orilin has called for Voloin for a drink and thrown jokes about Bomburlass...

Eomi has pointed to there being no logic and thence given a random list of suspects.

Bomburlass has been quick to defend and telling us she has no clue.

All these I find highly more suspicious than the aforementioned five. But there are also five of us who have not yet opened their mouths, so I'll leave any further judgements to later on...

EDIT: X-d with Kitanna and Valier...
Old 01-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #31
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe

Oh, dear me! This adventure has been one disaster after another. First Trolls, then Stone-Giants, then Goblins, Gollum, and Wargs, and now werewolves?

Why did I ever let Valier push me out of my door like that? I just wish I were back in my cozy Hobbit-hole having afternoon tea, rather than dodging wolves and suspicious Dwarves...

Dori88 does strike me as somewhat odd lately, what with this mysterious "Wolf List" of his and declaring people innocent at random. Plus, he did drop me on my head back in the tunnels, and I'm not too happy about that...
Old 01-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #32
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I've no idea who's accusing who. You're all making up names and it is confusing me. I am going to vote for one of the people who, for some inexplicable reason, called me, Kili, Eomi.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #33
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

++DANCING SPAWN OF UNGOLIANT

Previously, to me at least, known as Dwalin. Let us see what comes of it.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:51 PM   #34
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Just a quick note in referral to Glóanna...

What the wolves would like to do? To jump on any even remotely believable sounding suspicion in the very early on and back it (like she did with the three dwarves stating in-character in the beginning, following Bori88). My forefathers have used that tactics pretty succesfully many times. Or trying to crerate a feeling of random (like she did with going for the rhyme-stuff).

I'm not saying I'm suspecting Glóanna a lot, but surely she has managed to raise my eyebrows with her latest. Even if I hold the overall theory quite plausible. The thing is in the way she seemed so happy to cling into it and even use about the exact words Bori88 used... that sounds a bit suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
I am going to vote for one of the people who, for some inexplicable reason, called me, Kili, Eomi.
You should vote for Oddwen, then...

EDIT: X'd with Eomer
Old 01-08-2007, 04:10 PM   #35
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Dori88 = Bori88 = Nori88 = Sorry88.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:31 PM   #36
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Nofur seems in a hurry to start killing people. But I guess it's kill or be killed.

Hah, I didn't even know Kathin had posted...but that's pretty standard for her. Which is always worrisome.

In an obvious attempt to be mildly helpful, I shall list who we have not heard from yet, in plain old Username Runes:

Nilp
Naria

Aha, two silent N-Wolves... Obviously Nogrod is the third.

Nogrod, from what I know, always gets away with being Nogrod...I say we lynch him for being Nogrod, or for getting away with being Nogrod.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:33 PM   #37
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Add Lommy to that list.

Naturally I forgot her because she was at the top of the players' list.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #38
Kitanna
Child of the West

I'm going to have to vote soon and there is not much for me to go on right now. No one has said anything to truly make me suspect them, the only one to come close is Dori88 and even that doesn't have me overly suspicious of him.
I have about half an hour and then well, I can't really say how I'll vote.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:16 PM   #39
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

**Any name with () is for the help of clearing all the confusion Eomi (Eomer) is having with names.**

I'm sorry Anguirelshield (Anguirel), sir, for being too jovial for your hard-nosed personality.

I see some people are having trouble with what I'm doing here, so let me explain...wait there's not enough time, so let me sum up.

On Day 1 I go by measuring tone and genuinity, and do a process of elimination. It is strictly on a post by post basis (meaning people change throughout the day therefor my thoughts about them may also change). Oh and Meneltarbo Baggins (Meneltarmacil) nothing I do is random. I always have a reason, just because I don't say a reason don't mean I don't got one. I like to keep the workings of my own mind to myself as much as possible. Of course to get anything constructive done we all must share and discuss our feelings...but on Day 1 I don't like to give a lot of info out as to what I'm thinking as that makes it all too easy for the wolves to use and manipulate me down the road. As far as my process of elimination business...if someone seems innocent to me, I mark them off as not going to vote for them on that specific day. So far today, Durin the Deathless (Farael) and Dancing Spawn of Fundin (Spawn) seem genuine, so they're not going to get my vote...and that's all I'm going to say.

Also, Bofgrod (Nogrod) is going to most likely not get my vote today. I see that what he posted earlier today was an attempt to get information on people. And the way he's sounding it looks like he got the information he was looking for. If he be innocent it should greatly help us. If my feeling is correct there shouldn't be any reason for a wolf to come out and try to get information about people. They already know who's innocent and who's not, they don't need to come out and post things to try and figure out who people are. They come out and post to see where the village consensus lies.

Which leaves me to agree with him that Gloanna (Kitanna) looks especially suspicious for the very reasons he has said.

Also Voloin (Volo) worries me for his post saying I'm confusing and I'm giving out coded messages.

Edit: x-posted with Kitanna
Old 01-08-2007, 05:44 PM   #40
Kitanna
Child of the West

I hate having to vote so early, but this will be the only day I will do so.

So now here's the frustrating part for me. I hate random votes and I now whatever vote I cast now will most likely be seen as a "safe vote", but what I hate more than random voting is no vote at all. Sooo... I said before I have no real suspects or at least nothing serious. Anyone I've accussed thusfar is pretty much based on role. I'm uneasy of Dori88, but not enough to vote for him.

I found his post about being sure of Spawn and Farael's innocence unsettling, but with his latest post my mind is slightly (and I do mean slightly) eased when it comes to him. At least for now.

So to vote I am left with little choice aside from picking a number and finding the player who it belongs too.

++ Naria (Fili)