The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2007, 08:58 AM   #81
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Thoringuriel, I don't like your vote... Dorimor is contributing and isn't suspicious enough to be lynched on day1, he does feel too mysterious... More on him later.
I don't like your vote...

Gloanna is too aggressive without being aggressive, she is added to the list, of many, I guess.

Another name I feel evil is Filia, she hasn't said anything interesting, except that she doesn't trust Duriel. Her vote for Gloanna came straight after Dancing Dwalin's post about Gloanna. As if they're a team... And by looking at Filia's post times, she seems to have had enough time to contribute more.

EDIT: X:d with Nogrod and Boromir88

Last edited by Volo; 01-09-2007 at 09:00 AM. Reason: X:d with Nogrod and Boromir88
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:59 AM   #82
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Nari made quite exactly the same thing earlier on... going for then favourite Glóanna.
That is quite weird, I mean, I did notice that, but it didn't really make me raise eyebrows. When Menel did the same, I was instantly finding something wrong with it. Maybe Naria is just such a charming personality...

I have to vote soon, and I'm not yet sure who I will vote. Most probably Glóanna or Kathin, unless rereading gives me some new, splendid idea or a I notice something remarkable.

edit: xed with Volo
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:01 AM   #83
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. I think it's about time for an upgrade...

Eomer --> Spawn
Kitanna --> Naria
Durelin --> Rune
Naria --> Kitanna
Kath --> Farael
Rune --> Farael (Spawn1, Naria1, Rune1, Kitanna1, Farael2)
Menel -->Kath (Spawn1, Naria1, Rune1, Kitanna1, Farael2, Kath1)
Holby --> Spawn (Spawn2, Naria1, Rune1, Kitanna1, Farael2, Kath1)
Anguirel --> Boro (Spawn2, Naria1, Rune1, Kitanna1, Farael2, Kath1, Boro1)
Boro --> Kitanna (Spawn2, Naria1, Rune1, Kitanna2, Farael2, Kath1, Boro1)

That leaves Lommy, Valier, Spawn, Volo, Nilp, Farael and me to decide this.

Of these Nilp probably won't appear, possibly Valier neither. And if Farael had his timing right in his last post he will not make it in time...

So the Finns are going to decide this!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:07 AM   #84
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
And here I thought that I had pretty much just insulted everyone today, but it's good to know that I still come across as befriending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomburlass
It seems that Kitanna(Gloin) is acting highly suspicious but what are the odds that she be afflicted twice in a row? But that would be delving into the inner workings of The Necromancer and her ways. Would she be totally random in which GloKit would have a 1/17 chance of being a wolf just like the rest of us or would she tweak the roles for evil amusemsent? We can't know now.
Actually, a 3/17 chance. It seems that Bomburlass is disregarding Glóanna's "highly suspicious acting" just based on odds which makes me wonder. There's also the ever so useful 'we can't know' statement. Are you two in cahoots, eh?

Well, I'll decide my vote soon.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:08 AM   #85
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
So the Finns are going to decide this!
Maybe we should then hold a council in Finnish before voting? I'd love to see the others trying to analyze it the next day....

edit: xed with Spawn
Old 01-09-2007, 09:10 AM   #86
Volo

*cough*+Ukrainian*cough*

I actually don't like this going at Balth (Kathin). Her second post isn't that bad or I'm too blind to see the evil. The only thing that I note to be pointless, is about you, Beornomien. Voting Duriel is also a bit radical to me, but Balth did explain, that actually being her most valid point.

EDIT: X:d with Spawn and Lommy. (Good idea, let's finish this in Finnish)

Last edited by Volo; 01-09-2007 at 09:12 AM. Reason: X:d with Spawn and Lommy
Old 01-09-2007, 09:10 AM   #87
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I might go for Kathin, Glóanna or Eomi. I have started getting some doubts on Glóanna's guilt even though I think Dori88 had a point in his post about voting the one that looks and acts like a wolf. And Eomi is hard as there is so little to take grip of (and maybe that's just the reason why he should be lynched?).

TIME-CHECK EDIT: showing 5 minutes too early in the thread compared to my PC...
Old 01-09-2007, 09:15 AM   #88
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Ten minutes...

Anyone for Eomi or do we choose from Glóanna and Kathin? Other good last minute ideas?
Old 01-09-2007, 09:17 AM   #89
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Maybe we should then hold a council in Finnish before voting?
Haha! Hyvä idea!

Well, I'm a bit wary of Eomi, but Glóanna and Kathin make me uneasy, too.

I'm a bit confused, what with my cell, computer and BD showing all different times, so I'll vote in a minute.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:17 AM   #90
Volo

Hmph, our wizard lady didn't make too much sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier the Grey
Oh what a mess...I seem to be a little under the weather (RL) and may not be able to participate as much as I would like today. I will be on frequently to read, but don't expect much from this here old Wizard today.
Why would she be frequent to read and not even vote, this might be a small matter on day1, but I don't like it...

Ah, I'll five the flower to ++Eomi...
Old 01-09-2007, 09:19 AM   #91
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Has Moddwen specified what happens if there's a tie? Is the first one to have reached the most votes killed? Or is Moddwen choosing it at random?

I don't like this throwing votes at all directions, though it doesn't matter so much this late anymore. In case the death is to be chosen randomly, I'd rather not have a host of people with two votes, especially not if the host includes such persons as spawn, who is very helpful and by no means (in my opinion) very suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Her second post isn't that bad or I'm too blind to see the evil.
I agree with you. It isn't generally too bad, but that thing she says about me really worries me.

I'm quite at loss. Kathin and Glóanna don't seem as suspicious to me as they seemed before (though I still think they're both a bit suspicious), but I don't particularly suspect anyone else either.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:21 AM   #92
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

You ladies decide then...

++ Eomi

Making:
Glóanna 2
Eomi 2
Kathin1

PS. Beornómien: Let's not make this a tie on two...
Old 01-09-2007, 09:21 AM   #93
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Argh, I don't know what to do. I could vote any of the three: Eomi, Kathin or Gloanna.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:22 AM   #94
Mischievous Candle

You know what, anything's still possible, so to keep the options open (and because I suspect him, duh) I'll go with

++Eomi

Good Night.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:22 AM   #95
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Well, then: Glóanna has contributed more than Eomi.

++Eomi

edit: xed with spawn
Let's hope he's a wolf then!
Old 01-09-2007, 09:23 AM   #96
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Go for someone to possibly gather more than two (Spawn and Durin have two also...).

EDIT: X'd with the votes...
Old 01-09-2007, 09:24 AM   #97
Volo

Well, I feel like you Finns can be trusted, do as you see right. I'd suggest Eomi or Gloanna, Balth just doesn't feel as confusing and might be of more help...

EDIT: X:d with three posts.

Last edited by Volo; 01-09-2007 at 09:26 AM. Reason: the word "feel" added between "doesn't" and "as", x:d with three posts
Old 01-09-2007, 09:26 AM   #98
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I wonder what Voloin's trying to tell us with the flower motif. Just a mysterious running gag?

When is our official deadline, I wonder? No doubt I'll be castigated for not being on the ball again, oh dear...

How on earth did Dwalin get two votes? I agree with the skinchanger; baffling and worrying...
Old 01-09-2007, 09:27 AM   #99
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
VOTING IS CLOSED

death to follow shortly

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:27 AM   #100
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Missed the votes. Not the decision I'd've made. Kili is a sad loss to our communal wit.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:28 AM   #101
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
When is our official deadline, I wonder?
I think it's four minutes over by now. At least it should be...
Old 01-09-2007, 09:48 AM   #102
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The first day of their quarantine was awkward, as most first days are. Brother turned against brother, sister against sister, sister against brother, brother against sister, dwarf against hobbit, hobbit against dwarf, dwarf against wizard, wizard against hobbit, hobbit against wizard, wizard against dwarf, and the skinchanger accidentally accused herself in the confusion.

In the end, it was decided that a dwarf should die; Eomi, brother of Nari, kinsman of Thorin Anguirelshield.

"But I don't want to die," he protested.

"But you have to," the others told him. "It's The Rules."

"Sister, would you let me die?" he pleaded with Nari.

"Yes," she said. "I have to."

"Fear not kinsman," consoled Thorin. "I shall not let a son of my brother die by any lesser hand."

So saying, they knelt him onto a stump-seat for beheading.

Thorin lifted his gigantic magnificent axe, and with a cry of "Khazad ai menű!" let it fall against Eomi's hairy neck. His head, by some chance, did not roll or lay facedown, but stood upright blinking surprisedly and looking about it.

"Eww!" said some. "Cool!" said others. Some ran outside to be sick.

"If I had use of my arms," the head mouthed. "I'd flip you off." Then the eyes closed for the last time, and stood still.

Nothing happened.

Nothing happened again.

Nothing continued to happen.

"Well," said the dwarves furiously. "Now there's one less dwarf around!"

They buried Eomi under some very pretty looking striped rock that they found nearby, and his grave stood there for some ages, until the breaking of the world.

Living:

Beornomien
Valier the Grey
Meneltarbo Baggins
Thorin Angurielsheild
Kathin
dwancing spawn of fundin
Gloanna
Voloin
Dori88
Runi son of Bjarne
Orilin
Nari
Bifur Fegalund
Bofgrod
Bomburlass
Farael the Deathless

Dead:

Eomi of the Rohirrim (innocent), beheaded on DAY ONE.

-----------------

DAY one is now ended, NIGHT two has begun.
Wolves may PM, Twins please to stop.
I please need names from the Seer, Wolves, Hunter, and Protector.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:50 AM   #103
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

They awoke next morning early and looked around fearfully. What had the Wolves been up to in the night?

They discovered their answer in the beheaded body of dwancing spawn of fundin. Nari screamed and threw herself upon the body.

"No no no!" she cried. "No! O dwancing, my sister!"

"But," they all muttered. "Shouldn't she be mourning her brother, Eomi?"

But no, Nari kept cradling the headless body of dwancing, and sobbing. Suddenly, she stood up.

"Without my sister," she said. "What else is there?" She drew her axe out of her belt, and threw herself onto it. They all jumped too late to save her, and she smiled as she drew her last breath.

"Drat it all," muttered Valier the Grey. "Now we've lost our decidedly sherriff-like twins. We must do something about catching a wolf."

They buried dwancing and Nari under the same cairn, and started deliberating.

Living:
Beornomien
Valier the Grey
Meneltarbo Baggins
Thorin Angurielsheild
Kathin
Gloanna
Voloin
Dori88
Runi son of Bjarne
Orilin
Bifur Fegalund
Bofgrod
Bomburlass
Farael the Deathless

Dead:
Eomi of the Rohirrim (Innocent), beheaded on DAY one
dwancing spawn of fundin (Twin), beheaded on NIGHT two
Nari (Twin), died of sorrow on NIGHT two

-----------------------------

NIGHT under NIGHT is flown, and DAY two is open. Wolves please stop PMing.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:30 AM   #104
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I see that I made a mistake, I thought Thorin said he would probably vote Durelin not Durin and therefor was convinced that the votes would be spread even more. Which they were, but for different reasons.

Nogrod is starting to puzzle me. . .He questions why I point out Menel as innocent and not anybody else. Is it not clear, Menel was the only one I could really relate to. Other people might say things that makes sense, but what Menel said was something that made sense and very like my own thoughts and way of reasoning.

Then there is the whole voting Eomi thing, seriously that was weird. Nogrod pays absolutely no attention to Eomi, until after I mention him and Eomi him self post again.
Quote:
You're quite right. I'd say quite right. All behaviour can be constructed as Wolf behaviour, on all Days - not only on Day1. But that doesn't mean that we only get wolves by chance - even on Day1. I've seen a wolf picked on Day1 with perfectly sound reasoning a couple of times.
Somewhat true, but it is always easier to claim things wolfish on day 1. The following days there will be certain actions that can talk against one being a wolf. And I am sorry to say this, but I am a firm believer that in most cases it is chance when a wolf is caught. I have often heard tales of wolves being lynched for doing the exact same as an Innocent would have done.

Then I guess I am used to not relate to what Nogrod says at all and now it seem that he is suspecting the same people as me. . .I my self was uneasy about Eomi, but decided that I wanted to wait with lynching him.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:53 AM   #105
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I was thinking the same Runi, the last minute voting and train for Eomi looks all too wolvish.

I came back and saw Eomi was the one lynched and had the same reaction as Anguirelshield...why? I was strong against Anguirelshield yesterday, as at first I was getting all caught up in the moment...I honestly wanted Gloanna lynched (and still do). Then I realized no matter what Anguirelshield always votes for me on Day 1...I have no idea why, but any village my ancestors have been in with Anguirelshield, they always get his vote on Day 1. No clue why.

Spawn, Voloin, and Beornomien seemed to be the followers of the Eomi wagon and Bofgrod the ring-leader. Of those 3 people still here, I wouldn't doubt it if one was a wolf. Voloin and Bofgrod look the most suspicious...something Voloin said just doesn't sit right with me:

Quote:
Why would she be frequent to read and not even vote, this might be a small matter on day1, but I don't like it...
I do happen to agree that if Valier was around and could read what was going on she should have voted. If she wasn't around a lot, and if she couldn't read everything to come to at least a semi-informed decision than I think not-voting was the best. Total random voting doesn't sit right with me, and if Valier would have just popped in without reading the situation and voted, that wouldn't have sit right with me. However, Valier if you were around and were keeping up, you should have voted.

Anyway, this comment by Voloin doesn't sit right with me. He makes a comment that would appear to be helpful, one an innocent would make. But it just feels like he's trying to hard to be helpful, he's trying to hard to appear innocent, by pointing out things like that and claiming he 'doesn't like it.'

Bofgrod was the ring-leader of Eomi's lynching yesterday and that is no doubt what a wolf Bofgrod is capable of doing. I don't like the lynching of Eomi yesterday, and I think he who led it all is fanged! It's also clever that he votes to leave the decision up to Spawn and Beornomien. It's like he wanted to stay out of the last votes and be accused of being the one who got Eomi lynched. So he plays it safe, makes an awkward case against Eomi, ties it up, and makes Spawn and Beornomien come up with the decision...very crafty move if he be a wolf. To me, when innocent, Bofgrod has always wanted to take the initiative and wouldn't shy away from making tough decisions...here he plays it safe and makes Spawn and Beornomien do the tough decision making.

Beornomien seems more like a vote of an innocent. She had to reach a decision there as she was put in such a position. I'm inclined to believe of the remaining Eomi voters, Beornomien is innocent.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:02 AM   #106
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Eomer --> Spawn
Kitanna --> Naria
Durelin --> Rune
Naria --> Kitanna
Kath --> Farael
Rune --> Farael (Spawn1, Naria1, Rune1, Kitanna1, Farael2)
Menel -->Kath (Spawn1, Naria1, Rune1, Kitanna1, Farael2, Kath1)
Holby --> Spawn (Spawn2, Naria1, Rune1, Kitanna1, Farael2, Kath1)
Anguirel --> Boro (Spawn2, Naria1, Rune1, Kitanna1, Farael2, Kath1, Boro1)
Boro --> Kitanna (Spawn2, Naria1, Rune1, Kitanna2, Farael2, Kath1, Boro1)
Volo-->Eomi (Spawn2, Naria1, Rune1, Kitanna2, Farael2, Kath1, Boro1,Eomi1)
Nogrod-->Eomi(Spawn2, Naria1, Rune1, Kitanna2, Farael2, Kath1, Boro1,Eomi2)
Spawn-->Eomi(Spawn2, Naria1, Rune1, Kitanna2, Farael2, Kath1, Boro1,Eomi3)
Lommy-->Eomi(Spawn2, Naria1, Rune1, Kitanna2, Farael2, Kath1, Boro1,Eomi4)

No vote Nilp Valier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Beornomien seems more like a vote of an innocent. She had to reach a decision there as she was put in such a position. I'm inclined to believe of the remaining Eomi voters, Beornomien is innocent.
I don't quite agree with you there. She agrees with the points made by Nogrod about eomer(77) then states that says she'll vote for either Kitanna or Kath(82)then changes her position on them(91) cross posted with Spawn's voting.
It's understandable that Spawn was waiting till the last possible moment, she was part of the tye and would want to save herself. Lommy comes across as a bit flipfloppish maybe trying to stick around because a fellow wolf may hve also been part of that tye.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:04 AM   #107
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well Boro I was planning to be around reading yesterday, but good old nyquil kept me good and drugged. I am feeling slightly better today and I will have time to read, participate and vote. My no vote was perhaps for the best? I completely forgot about ww in my sickly state.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:27 AM   #108
Volo

Not a good start... I really felt that Eomi was the wolf, just look at his last post + Nogfur's post here, there is a good point about Eomi's vote, which is suspicious...

That plus the death of our twins is depressing. I already miss Spawlin's analyzes. In the end she decided not to use her analyzes... At least something good in this is that now we know that the twins (and probably wolves) aren't chosen by rhyming names.

At such a loss, I find Duriel more suspicious, though his wolfishness would mean that the louder people are guilty.

Because of the above I feel that Balth is innocent, her post seems truthful.
Runi I won't vote either, he does contribute much more than in my earlier games with him. His suspicion of Eomi is a mistake, but I'm the last one who can blame for that, except for the fact that it was probably Runi who started seriously talking about Eomi being guilty, here. I wouldn't go as far as voting him, Duriel just is scarier.

On Runi's newest post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runi
Then there is the whole voting Eomi thing, seriously that was weird. Nogrod pays absolutely no attention to Eomi, until after I mention him and Eomi him self post again.
Yes, I find you making a good point mentioning Eomi. Actually I feel that I'm the only one who doesn't find Nogfur so suspicous... for once. Every time I find him suspicious he turns out good, so it might be better if I did suspect him, but I can't.
He does point out the reasons to vote people pretty clearly. And Dorimor, here is the first post of suspicion towards Gitalóinna.

Dorimor, should I just stay quiet? Because I am trying to point out some things that have left unnoticed, unnoticed openly, you might have noticed them, but other's haven't. And it's natural to follow somebody who makes sense to you, I think there was enough reason to vote Eomi yesterday.

X:d with Holby and Valier
Old 01-10-2007, 11:48 AM   #109
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

There's no clues about being a twin in DAncing spawn's posts that I see. So why her?
Dancing spawn susp of Kitanna(48) mildly susp of Durelin(50)bit wary of Anguriel (54)feels Eomer Anguriel and Kath are dumbing down-admits that she has "voiced suspicions of some sort of pretty much everyone now"(70) says maybe Kitanna and Holby in cahoots(84)votes Eomer(94)

got votes from Eomer and Holby

Boro says innocent (25)
nogord not vote(30)
lommy says wont vote(51)
volo will follw her for now(75)

She didn't find many highly suspicious and her vote choice is dead. most of the village found her innocent or at least not suspicious with a hand full stating it. She was a safe kill.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:05 PM   #110
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Good to see someone focusing on why spawn was killed, Holby. I was about to ask why no one had yet.

Seems I have a couple of questions to answer from yesterDay so I'll do that first and then move on. Firstly Lommy, I did think you made some good points when I read your post and my opinion hasn't changed. You made fun of the idea that the baddies and Twins had been chosen because their names rhymed, which I'm pretty sure no one else had. That was a bit of Day 1 nonsense but it was still good to see that someone knew it was nonsense. The other thing I thought good was the comment you made about Nogrod and his flip-floppy behaviour. I didn't look at him yesterDay as it wasn't until I read your post that I saw the incongruity but others are now beginning to and so it was a worthwhile thing to say.

Damn must go for dinner, I'll be back a little later.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #111
Volo

On Thilórn.

First post (late, but Lommy doesn't have internet at home, so let's pass that): Nothing interesting, a few opinions on other players without "points".
Second post: Indeed, Balth had little reason to say that Thilórn made good points in her post, as she didn't. I can't deside what to think of this, since to me Balth's post (here by the way) does seem to be reasonable, except for the Thilórn part. It doesn't feel like Balth tries to impress Thilórn with big cute blue eyes...

Third post:
I don't find anything strange agreeing with Bofgrod.
But the part about Gitalóinna is stranger, if Gitalóinna is a skilled player then a change of style might be a good way to cast off suspicion, true, this time it was a really bad idea if she's innocent.
The only really strange part about Milbo Meggins's vote is that he actually voted for Balth. But Thilórn doesn't go too hard on Milbo so nothing I can really say.

Fourth post: (Naria IS a charming personality.) This one is covered as Firlia commited suicide. The only thing that bothers me is Thilórn willing to vote Balth, isn't that contradictory?

Fifth post: A joke.

Sixth post: ...and still she votes Eomi... Strange to me that Thilórn suspects Balth so strongly, as she has only her one weak point against her, unless Thilórn has seen visions...

Seventh post: Doesn't know who to vote. Not strange as many were (and still are) suspicious.

Eighth post: Votes Eomi as Gitalóinna has contributed more.

I don't know what to think about Thilórn, she has made that one point she so strongly kept to, until her vote. She has talked quite a lot. Not too aggressive. I don't know, she doesn't scream wolf, but neither is she too innocentish. More like a skilled wolf...

EDIT: X:d with Holbytlass and Kath

Last edited by Volo; 01-10-2007 at 12:08 PM. Reason: X:d with Holbytlass and Kath
Old 01-10-2007, 12:11 PM   #112
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytlass
There's no clues about being a twin in DAncing spawn's posts that I see.
Actually I found one. In her first
post...
Old 01-10-2007, 12:36 PM   #113
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
...the other thing I thought good was the comment you made about Nogrod and his flip-floppy behaviour. I didn't look at him yesterDay as it wasn't until I read your post that I saw the incongruity but others are now beginning to and so it was a worthwhile thing to say.
Don't you, Balth, find this just as nonsensious as the rhyming talk. (This is about Nogfur talking about all the wolves being non-dwarf.) Nogfur didn't take it seriously, or if you think he did, then read his posts again... If I remember right, he did say that somebody of the "no-dwarf-can-be-a-wolf"-people is probably a wolf.

You're slipping again, Balth, Thilórn will probably try voting you also today...

If anybody has the time, I think another Spawlin research would be welcome. At the moment I don't have time, as it's rather late here.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #114
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
I was thinking the same Runi, the last minute voting and train for Eomi looks all too wolvish.
Bofgrod was the ring-leader of Eomi's lynching yesterday and that is no doubt what a wolf Bofgrod is capable of doing. I don't like the lynching of Eomi yesterday, and I think he who led it all is fanged! It's also clever that he votes to leave the decision up to Spawn and Beornomien. It's like he wanted to stay out of the last votes and be accused of being the one who got Eomi lynched. So he plays it safe, makes an awkward case against Eomi, ties it up, and makes Spawn and Beornomien come up with the decision...very crafty move if he be a wolf.
So a ring-leader! That's nice of you.

But really, give me one decent reason why any wolf would have wished to kill Eomi instead of someone else? It's all nice rhetorics Nori88, but lacks any decent motivation behind those "clever votes" or "ring-leading" my wolf-ancestors might have been "capable" of doing.

Why on earth would a wolf care who gets lynched in the first place? If it's an innocent, whoever, that's good. If a wolf's mate is near lynch, a crafty wolf kills his mate and gets the bonus of being a good guy instead of trying to play brave fellow-helper and risk getting both of them killed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori88
To me, when innocent, Bofgrod has always wanted to take the initiative and wouldn't shy away from making tough decisions...here he plays it safe and makes Spawn and Beornomien do the tough decision making.
Nori88 has got quite an interesting logic indeed. First he accuses me of being the ring-leader and then on the next sentence he says I didn't take the initiative. Now which way should we read this?

Just to tell you what happened. I had suspicions of three people late in the game yesterDay, reasons for which I've gave accounts then and won't repeat them here. When it started to look that there would be four people voting (half an hour before the deadline, about) the situation with those three was Glóanna2, Kathin1, Eomi0 - added with Spawn and Durin both in 2.

With four votes left it was anybody's game here. I shared the angst with Beornómien. I had no way of saying which one of the three looked most wolvish. I tried to ask whether anyone else thought Eomi suspicious (or should we choose from Glóanna and Kathin) to not "waste" my vote on someone who hadn't gather any votes yet. But as Volo voted Eomi, I thought it a good situation to make the voting-ground more even (resulting in Glóanna2, Eomi2, Kathin1). I voted three minutes before the deadline. Indeed thinking that it would be a relief not to be forced to make the very last decision everytime I'm around at deadline. And my relief was even greater when I noticed that both Beornómien and Spawn voted similarily as that meant that some others shared my worry about Eomi and we kind of lynched him together. Unfortunately we were all wrong with him...

Talking of voting safe now as we started... Nori88 voted about an half an hour before the deadline making the exact same thing I did, raising one person (Glóanna) even to the lead. Now should I interpret this as him being crafty and leaving the tough decision-making to others? I surely know wolf-Nori88 is perfectly capable of doping that!

I mean: which one of us was in a tougher position to vote and which one of us played it safe, not bearing the burden of tough decisions? Just asking...

Were I a wolf, I would have voted early enough, safely based on some of my earlier suspicions to look logical and just stayed away from discussion the last hour or a half.

Okay. Enough of this.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:12 PM   #115
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Actually I found one. In her first
post...
I did see that but didn't take it as a clue because I was going to answer Anguriel's question since I had originally asked it on the admin thread, Dancing Spawn beat me to it.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:15 PM   #116
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
I surely know wolf-Nori88 is perfectly capable of doping that!
Maybe my best typo ever!
Old 01-10-2007, 01:33 PM   #117
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I mean: which one of us was in a tougher position to vote and which one of us played it safe, not bearing the burden of tough decisions? Just asking...
first voters
Eomer --> Spawn
Kitanna --> Naria
Durelin --> Rune
Naria --> Kitanna
Kath --> Farael
Menel -->Kath
Anguirel --> Boro
Volo-->Eomi

second voters
Rune --> Farael
Holby --> Spawn
Boro --> Kitanna
Nogrod-->Eomi

3rd and final vote for lynchee
Spawn-->Eomi
Lommy-->Eomi

No vote
Nilp
Valier

There is no one magic number of lynch candidates but spreading the vote so much makes almost every position a safe one. The position deemed most damning, the third vote, is done by a known innocent.

I don't see the ones that are actively trying to get someone lynched as a wolf but rather the ones that aren't so conspicuous trying to point the village in a direction and the ones jumping on board.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:37 PM   #118
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Nori88 has got quite an interesting logic indeed. First he accuses me of being the ring-leader and then on the next sentence he says I didn't take the initiative. Now which way should we read this?~Bofgrod
Oh Bofgrod, you have greatly misconstrued my last post. Being the ring-leader and taking the intiative are two different things here.

When I called you the ring-leader I meant you were the main push behind Eomi's lynching.

When I said you failed to take the initiative, I meant you approached the end of yesterday more tentatively than I would have expected an innocent Bofgrod to do.

See an innocent Bofgrod likes to stay at the end of voting coordinate everything, make sure everyone who is around is all on the same page that way the end doesn't end up in some mass chaos that only benefits the wolves. You did a little bit of that, but it looked like you were too tentative than what I would expect (therefor you didn't take the initiative). You built up a case against Eomi, you did go through who was left and around to vote still, did a little polling to see what everyone who was around was thinking, but still proceeded to vote and as you say 'It's up to you ladies.' Therefor, you played the situation at the end tentatively, and I would expect if you were innocent for you to take more control and co-ordination to make sure no one messes things up. As that is what I am used to.

Quote:
Talking of voting safe now as we started... Nori88 voted about an half an hour before the deadline making the exact same thing I did, raising one person (Glóanna) even to the lead. Now should I interpret this as him being crafty and leaving the tough decision-making to others?
Are you saying that because you truly believe it or are you just saying that as a weak attempt to get suspicion put on me as it just so happens to perfectly describe myself?

Oh, Bofgrod...what do you think about Beornomien?

Edit: x-posted with Holby
Old 01-10-2007, 01:38 PM   #119
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Just a few ideas about Spawn getting killed during the Night and what might follow from it.

First of all, an excellent choice from the wolves. She can be devastating with her analysis later in the game and thence a good riddance for the baddies. With no clear trail left behind she's a perfect target indeed.

But why didn't they chose someone else? I suppose at least partly because they thought someone else, not her, was protected last Night. Some of my ancestors have been furry and in a game including a ranger that's always a big consideration. So there has to be at least one person who's innocent here the wolves thought more likely to be protected...

So as long as our Seer is alive, I will not be focusing on certain people. If innocent, we need them.

EDIT: X'd with Nori88
Old 01-10-2007, 01:44 PM   #120
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Oh almost forgot, and Eomi was an easy target for a day 1 lynch. No offense to the chap, may he rest in peace...but even a chimp could convince people to lynch Eomi.