The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2020, 01:33 PM   #401
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
The only thing that still puzzles me is the accusation of Mac he has made; if Nilp's innocent, that was dangerous at the very least.
I think it was actually a pretty good trap. Accuse somebody in a seerish way, and if you're right, have the wolves come for you and take one down. Bonus points if the wolf that goes down with you isn't the one you accused, since the accused one would sure be toast the next day.

And Shasta, I can't decide how I feel about you either. And you're not the only one, unfortunately.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:34 PM   #402
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
As per usual, I have one person I don't want to execute (Greenie) and I'm okay...

Hmm.

More specific.

Form and Kath are probably my top two choices for execution; Form is my own pick because of the traction thing, while Kath is more a groupthink thing. But there are several others that bother me; Greenie had points about Lommy and Legate that I liked, Mac bothers me for reasons I stated already, and I still feel weird about Brinn's use of the word "risky" D1, even if I can't really articulate why that is.

I don't have that immediate flash of goodness that I got from Rikae last time, either, which probably means we should kill them on general principle.

Still in Pitchcobblerland, and haven't even looked at Sally really. Nilp I recall thinking was trending good, shallowly.

If I forgot anyone, I might just vote them on principle for that.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:34 PM   #403
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Reading through the thread, I'm at... page 3. The painkillers might be numbing the effects of the caffeine as well. One thing that went into my decision matrix to reveal now is that I don't want to accidentally fall asleep and wake up lynched--because then you're definitely entering DAY 4 with all four lycans still alive.

I'll eat something and see if that shakes off the lethargy I'm feeling. If not, I'd probably have to vote early.

(Legate, sorry, but so far, you're it.)
So your plan was literally just to avoid the lynch?

From the rules so I can get a handle on this:
Beast Hunter (1)- The BH sets a booby trap near 1 person's location each night in hopes that the trap will catch and kill a werewolf. The BH may put the trap near themself, but can not set it near themself or the same person 2 nights in a row. If victim of the NW's haunting, the BH receives a PM stating they were frozen by a horrible nightmare and could not set their booby trap that night.

Ok, so revealing before there is a NW is sensible, but revealing at all surely isn't? I can't see that Nilp was that close to being lynched toDay to then basically end up as a non-killable player. Because surely now the wolves won't go for him and so we have a useless Hunter. It's an annoyingly perfect hiding place for a wolf, too.

My instinct is always to believe Gifted reveals because what-if but I don't like it.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:41 PM   #404
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh no I misread it! The trap can be set in front of other people, too! Well ok then assuming Nilp is telling the truth, which I'm now much happier about, this all makes a lot more sense and will be a marvellously dangerous game of Beast Hunter roulette for the wolves.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:48 PM   #405
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Just as I went to pass the time by laying down with a book to read...power kicked back on.

I suppose the world is telling me this is where I need to be and read. So here’s to another eventful final 2 hours.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:53 PM   #406
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
So, let's just envision a scenario where Form is a wolf and Brinn and Mac are innocent, shall we?

Who are Form's packmates? I have a feeling he's the NW and deliberately living dangerously, so I'm not ruling out some intense wolf-on-wolf.

Greenie- Added another name (Pitch) Day 1 when Form was in the lead with two votes (vs Nilp and Hui with one)
Kath - Put Hui firmly in the lead Day 1 with 4 votes, when Form & Nilp had 2. Form suggests she's a packmate of Pitch in #213.
Legate - Kept Form in the running Day 1 with his 3rd vote. Reasoning and vote look innocentish.
Nilp - I'm going to provisionally accept his reveal.
Pitch - Did some silly/bantery cobbler accusation of Form day 1, then ... conspicuously ignores him?
sally - Random looking bantery accusation of Form in her first post, then also, unless I'm missing something, ignores him?
Shasta- Form suggested he was gifted on Day 2. Obviously if he really thought so he could have said it at night. A "slip" to make Shasta look more innocent?
Put Form in the lead day 2 without comment, ahead of Nog (momentarily)
Lommy - Voted for Nilp day 1 tying him with Form, called Form her other main suspect, "Currently slightly leaning "innocent whose brain works in a way I don't understand"" To me this looks somewhat wolfy
Day 2: Pushed Form into a tie with Kath with his 2nd vote

Pitch, Sally, Lommy and Greenie are looking worth looking at, to me.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:56 PM   #407
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Rikae - don't think that's quite true regarding my vote, on account of Mac saying it didn't matter (honestly, that particular wording struck me as performatively dismissive, which is why I remember him saying it.)
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 06-09-2020, 01:59 PM   #408
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Rikae - don't think that's quite true regarding my vote, on account of Mac saying it didn't matter (honestly, that particular wording struck me as performatively dismissive, which is why I remember him saying it.)
That it put Form in the lead or "without comment"?
Old 06-09-2020, 02:01 PM   #409
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I happen to be oddly busy today, so sorry for the lack of chattiness. I'll still be around to vote, and I have a break coming up, so I'll catch up when I can.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:02 PM   #410
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm inclined to believe Nilp, for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Rikae - got an innocent vibe on Day1, but since then they haven't done anything which I'd find reassuring. The nonchalance with which they started the nogwagon and (even if it's a reference to the last game) their glee about Brinn getting endorsed and therefore ordo!Nog getting lynched doesn't sit right with me. Like, they don't seem the least bit bummed that we lynched an ordo again.
Or maybe I'm pleased the seer is still alive?
How's that related to Hui and Lottie empowering Brinn?

You know guys, Nilp is right. The numbers are getting dire. Anyone too cheerful toDay... is likely not too worried about the fact that we haven't caught a wolf yet. Our seer has had two dreams. We can't expect them to win the game for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
You agree with whoever that Rikae and Legate didn't expect Nog to gain further votes and in the same breath call him 'widely suspected'. Where is the logic in this, Doctor?
Touché. Let's put it this way: if Rikae and Legate had wanted to save just one of Kath/Form, surely it would have been easier to jump on the other than introduce Nog. Nog was widely suspected, but at the same time, a lot of people were having second thoughts about their suspicions of him.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:03 PM   #411
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
That it put Form in the lead or "without comment"?
That it put Form in the lead. It tied him with Nog, but wouldn't Nog still have died due to tiebreaker? That's the impression I got from Mac.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:03 PM   #412
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Pitch - Did some silly/bantery cobbler accusation of Form day 1, then ... conspicuously ignores him?
Did you read any of my posts from yesterDay at all? I mean, I questioned him quite a few times, so how you can write this without deliberately ignoring evidence eludes me. *ping*
Old 06-09-2020, 02:06 PM   #413
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
So, let's just envision a scenario where Form is a wolf and Brinn and Mac are innocent, shall we?

Who are Form's packmates? I have a feeling he's the NW and deliberately living dangerously, so I'm not ruling out some intense wolf-on-wolf.

sally - Random looking bantery accusation of Form in her first post, then also, unless I'm missing something, ignores him?
Do you mean that Day or the entire game? Because I think I've made it consistently clear I suspect Form of cobblery at the very least.

Just saw this and wanted to get the clarification while I was thinking about it.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:06 PM   #414
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post

You know guys, Nilp is right. The numbers are getting dire. Anyone too cheerful toDay... is likely not too worried about the fact that we haven't caught a wolf yet. Our seer has had two dreams. We can't expect them to win the game for us.

Touché. Let's put it this way: if Rikae and Legate had wanted to save just one of Kath/Form, surely it would have been easier to jump on the other than introduce Nog. Nog was widely suspected, but at the same time, a lot of people were having second thoughts about their suspicions of him.
I'd be hesitant to jump on something like "cheerfulness", but that second is a good thought - if literally all four of them are evil together. It's possible. Is that where you're leaning, Lommy?
Old 06-09-2020, 02:09 PM   #415
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Form, because I said yesterDay that I'd look at him when I had time.

About Lottie - notes an absence that wasn't actually there. His spreadsheet failing him here. Could be a wolf who thought he noticed that at Night using it in the Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
Frankly, I was Don Quixote against the Day 1 Windmills and then the Mad "What if we lynch no one" scientist (which, once I thought it through over several posts became a hole I was aware I was digging), so a vote for me as I grew more ridiculous over the course of the day seems more justified (even I know it was wrong) than the backlash to that vote became.

If I had the money to wager, I'd lay it all on the proposition that there was a wolf among those who voted to lynch Huin.
So the message here is: Voting for me made more sense than voting for Hui even though I'm innocent and I didn't know his role at the time. But therefore a wolf voted to lynch Hui. I'm not following this ...

Quote:
My gut inclines to say he's not an ordo... but that could just as well mean Gifted as Wolf.
Ah and there's the quote that I missed yesterDay and then Shasta pointed out and which I definitely don't like. He says this about both Shasta and Nog.

Quote:
As to the Shasta-noted Gifted-surmising... call it rust? I mean, I guess it makes sense to not point the wolves to someone you don't want them to hunt... but I don't actually know if that's true of either Nog or Shasta. They each give a vibe... I just don't know which side of the spectrum it is.
If I'm assuming his innocence, then Form thought Nog or Shasta was the Hunter, and therefore pointing them out to the wolves wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. If I'm assuming Form's guilt, this is not a good quote.

Quote:
Anyway, because I have difficulty admitting I can be wrong, I won't. Instead, I'll say I like Kath having a vote, and it's getting to be suppertime, so... alea iacta est.
I'm intrigued as to why I got the vote when he'd earlier said Pitch was his top suspect.

Well, all in all, I can't say I'm finding Form very innocent looking at this point.

Last edited by Kath; 06-09-2020 at 02:09 PM. Reason: X'd since my last at #404
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:12 PM   #416
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:

Nothing, just explains my general cheerfulness.

The Brinn thing was a fun joke after the antics in the dead thread last game.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:14 PM   #417
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I'd be hesitant to jump on something like "cheerfulness", but that second is a good thought - if literally all four of them are evil together. It's possible. Is that where you're leaning, Lommy?
I still think it's weird that you start a bandwagon that eventually lynched an ordo (when we have lynched no wolves yet) and when you post the next time you're not sorry/bummed at all but instead think it was hilarious that it happened? Like, regardless of how funny the dead empowering Brinn was (I don't think it was so funny but I was never big on humour anyway ), wouldn't you at least have mixed feelings about it if it contributed to an ordo lynch? Especially if you yourself contributed too? That's why Rikae gives me the vibe that they don't really care too much about the wellbeing of the village.

As for Rikae-Legate-Form-Kath - that would be a pretty epic wolf pack hiding almost in plain sight. Not impossible, but I'm a bit hesitant to jump on a big conclusion like that. I haven't followed all their interactions well enough but it doesn't sound implausible.

edit: xed with Rik and Kath
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:19 PM   #418
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Do you mean that Day or the entire game? Because I think I've made it consistently clear I suspect Form of cobblery at the very least.

Just saw this and wanted to get the clarification while I was thinking about it.
A suspicion of cobblery is kind of protective, in effect.

Quote:
That it put Form in the lead. It tied him with Nog, but wouldn't Nog still have died due to tiebreaker? That's the impression I got from Mac.
Okay, fair enough. That actually works out to making your vote safer, though ... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Did you read any of my posts from yesterDay at all? I mean, I questioned him quite a few times, so how you can write this without deliberately ignoring evidence eludes me. *ping*
Maybe I didn't. Maybe I had other reasons for saying it. Would that make me a wolf?
Old 06-09-2020, 02:19 PM   #419
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Our seer has had two dreams. We can't expect them to win the game for us.
Actually the seer should have had three dreams by now. But that doesn't mean they are all alive. And so no, we shouldn't rely on the seer.

I find it frustrating that I'm having trouble reading many players. Formy and Pitch stick out as most suspicious. I lean towards Formy, however, if he's the NW as I suspect, then if we lynch him, he can prevent Nilp (assuming he's telling the truth) from setting a trap. But then again, a NW is always better than a non-wolf.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:22 PM   #420
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
I still think it's weird that you start a bandwagon that eventually lynched an ordo (when we have lynched no wolves yet) and when you post the next time you're not sorry/bummed at all but instead think it was hilarious that it happened? Like, regardless of how funny the dead empowering Brinn was (I don't think it was so funny but I was never big on humour anyway ), wouldn't you at least have mixed feelings about it if it contributed to an ordo lynch? Especially if you yourself contributed too? That's why Rikae gives me the vibe that they don't really care too much about the wellbeing of the village.

As for Rikae-Legate-Form-Kath - that would be a pretty epic wolf pack hiding almost in plain sight. Not impossible, but I'm a bit hesitant to jump on a big conclusion like that. I haven't followed all their interactions well enough but it doesn't sound implausible.

edit: xed with Rik and Kath
That seems to be the point of your post, though - if Rikae and Legate had wanted to save just one of Kath or Form, they'd have jumped on the other - but they didn't, they went for Nog. So they didn't want to save just one of them - they wanted to save them both. Which would make them all evil together. Right?
Old 06-09-2020, 02:23 PM   #421
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Actually the seer should have had three dreams by now. But that doesn't mean they are all alive. And so no, we shouldn't rely on the seer.

I find it frustrating that I'm having trouble reading many players. Formy and Pitch stick out as most suspicious. I lean towards Formy, however, if he's the NW as I suspect, then if we lynch him, he can prevent Nilp (assuming he's telling the truth) from setting a trap. But then again, a NW is always better than a non-wolf.
That is an interesting point about the NW and the Beast Hunter but I also agree that it doesn't mean lynching the NW isn't still a good idea. Ideally it would be great if they were the final wolf down, but any dead wolf is a good thing.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:24 PM   #422
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Interesting.

A suspicion of cobblery is kind of protective, in effect.

Okay, fair enough. That actually works out to making your vote safer, though ... ?

Maybe I didn't. Maybe I had other reasons for saying it. Would that make me a wolf?
It might, though I didn't have time to see if I'd be crossing with anyone or not - just barely saw the last tally and went "no!" in my brain. But didn't want you working off something mechanically wrong.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:27 PM   #423
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
I know you like to poke for reactions (much like our deceased Hui), put something out to see who latches on to it, and I'm fine with that on D1, but when it's two Days later and half the village seems to think I'm the cobbler for noticing one I get a bit touchy about being misrepresented. I don't know if it makes you a wolf, but if doesn't, what DOES it make you? You tell me.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:28 PM   #424
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Quote:
if we lynch him, he can prevent Nilp (assuming he's telling the truth) from setting a trap. But then again, a NW is always better than a non-wolf.
I'm willing to be trapless for a NIGHT. The narration will make it clear if he's the NW anyway, and the Ranger could act accordingly.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:30 PM   #425
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
No you don't, but the wolves would knowwhether Shasta or Nog are among them or not, so in case they're not you're narrowing down the choices for the wolves. How do I even have to explain this? (Also why am I bothering?)
This is what I see from Pitch on Form yesterday (and a comment after his vote that he was reconsidering him). Ignoring is the wrong word, but here Pitch is questioning Form on suspicious behavior (openly speculating about gifteds) but treating it as kind of a heads-up-this-is-the-correct-way-to-WW, not a suspicion. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I read it. I get an overall downplaying vibe. Cleaning up a mess, even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Indeed. Although they'll have had four toMorrow in any case (right, Boro)?
Old 06-09-2020, 02:30 PM   #426
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! Double post?

Actually, being trapless and protected would be better because then you'd actually believe me.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:35 PM   #427
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
I know you like to poke for reactions (much like our deceased Hui), put something out to see who latches on to it, and I'm fine with that on D1, but when it's two Days later and half the village seems to think I'm the cobbler for noticing one I get a bit touchy about being misrepresented. I don't know if it makes you a wolf, but if doesn't, what DOES it make you? You tell me.
Someone who would like some leads before the end of the day.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:36 PM   #428
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Indeed. Although they'll have had four toMorrow in any case (right, Boro)?
Correct. Seer has had 3 dreams so far.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:37 PM   #429
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quotes I picked out earlier, in no particular order -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
You agree with whoever that Rikae and Legate didn't expect Nog to gain further votes and in the same breath call him 'widely suspected'. Where is the logic in this, Doctor?[/SPOCK]
As for my vote, well - what do you do when one of your suspects (Formy) votes the other (Kath)? How do you determine which of the two you were wrong about? I didn't feel up to wrapping my head around the question at this (for me) late hour, so I looked for a third option. I had been suspicious of Nog earlier, mainly for his IMHO (pace Nog's ghost!) forced suspicion of Hui and (to me) unconvincing defense thereof, so there I went. I could have gone for Nilp, but didn't have a strong enough impression of him.
I’m flip-flopping like a madwoman here trying to decide if this sounds like an innocent explaining a late night thought process or a bad guy wriggling. I’d be leaning towards the former if it wasn’t for that last sentence. It makes it sound like he even considered voting someone he didn’t have an impression on rather than either of his top suspects because they were suspecting each other. This is weird, though it’s also possible I’m reading him wrong here.

Quote:
Not particularly worried about
Kath - I still think she seems more laid-back than wolf-Kath, and her not being too worried about her own life yesterDay (adding a new lynch candidate when she herself was on the lead) adds to the impression.
Fair point, but more than half the village were still left to vote at that point so she could have figured the situation was likely to change. Also she didn’t actually add a new lynch candidate, Nilp already had one vote so she tied him with herself and Form. Admittedly she could have voted Form, too, but this would have looked pretty fishy for her the next Day if she hadn’t suspected Form previously (I don’t actually remember if she did). I’m trying to just type quick answers so I can get off the computer asap, and my argumentation is seriously deteriorating from not being able to go back and check things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Mac - looking back, he was actually very "happy-go-lucky" at the start of the first Day, later got to a more analytical mode. This all happened with not so much activity. Pitch was one he suspected, ending with voting him. Seemed very convinced that Hui was "at most a Cobbler". I would not think a Wolf-Mac would make such clear statements, but then again, anything is possible.
I’m not sure why not – if anything, wolves can sometimes be more clear and assured and consistent than ordos, given that they know basically everyone’s alignment already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I am now going to sound reactionary because from what I've read toDay I am concerned about Greenie. As I'm her top suspect, that may well be because she's trying to get me lynched, but actually it was what she said to Legate that made me look again.

This looks a lot like hand-washing. I can’t believe I’m spelling this out, but if you don’t like all the action happening literally in the last 10 minutes, how about – vote sooner? It’s not like some force of nature we’re helpless against, and painting it as such is an easy way to take less responsibility for one’s vote.
This just seemed a little harsh! Last minute voting is often an issue and I just don't recall her being so up in arms over it.

How about a Greenie-Legate-Nilp + someone else wolf pack. I've nothing to back that up but I can imagine the logic vs kamikaze battles would be intense.
I wish. That would have been epic. As for the comment about last minute voting, I admit I've been frustrated with it in this game and might have gone on a bit of a tirade there But I do think it's a legitimate concern - I mean, yesterDay all but one vote came within the last hour, all but two in the last half an hour, and more than half the village voted in the last 9 minutes - including the entire bandwagon that got innocent Nog lynched.

Quote:
Not sure if this holds water. First-post-of-the-Day comments on what happened at the end of the Day before (the lynch, the Medium) are not knee-jerk reactions. People’s actual reactions to the events, whether it’s feeling gleeful or bummed, happen behind their screens, 24 hours before they write those posts the next Day. So you might feel really bummed about the lynch, but 24 hours later not feel compelled to say you feel bummed about the lynch. (Personally I almost never do, whatever my role – I just don’t see the point. That doesn’t mean I don’t feel bummed when we lynch an innocent.) What I’m trying to say is, I’d be wary of reading too much into that kind of thing since I think it indicates personality/posting style more than alignment.

Finally, I like that Rikae and Shasta are back and I think they both sound like their innocent selves poking around for reactions (and getting them). Lommy is still worrying me, and Mac is still a headache. I’m voting soon and unless someone gives me a better argument in the next fifteen minutes it’s going to be for either Kath or Legate.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:38 PM   #430
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I've got to go now. I would have liked to look at Greenie in more detail but I'm loathe to poke at someone who I know can't really be around today.

So, given the Form-alysis made me not very happy with him:
++FORM

Nilp, I'm going with believing you, but I would like to ask why Legate is your planned vote? Sorry if you've already answered and I missed it.

Last edited by Kath; 06-09-2020 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Bolding
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:41 PM   #431
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

A thought: if the seer is night-killed the dead thread will have access to info we don't (their last dream, even if they thoroughly hinted the rest), so let's make sure, in that case, to do the fake-vote thing so they can be sure to empower someone who's voting correctly.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:43 PM   #432
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Nilp, I'm going with believing you, but I would like to ask why Legate is your planned vote? Sorry if you've already answered and I missed it.
Nog's Lottie question (if voting for Legate was what got her mistaken for a Seer) and from here:
Quote:
Legate - My other top suspect. Another idea I'll claim to have come up with independently, even if many others have posted about it: this post read like someone rehearsing an alibi in front of a mirror. Sorry for that analogy, but that's how I felt.
My reading of DAY 1 (still at page 4) has added nothing significant to my notes so far.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:44 PM   #433
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
A thought: if the seer is night-killed the dead thread will have access to info we don't (their last dream, even if they thoroughly hinted the rest), so let's make sure, in that case, to do the fake-vote thing so they can be sure to empower someone who's voting correctly.
I forgot that was a thing, so thank you for the reminder.

I'll probably vote for Form, unsurprisingly. I still have concerns about Kath, Legate, and Mac, and Rikae's posts toDay have piqued my interest in them, but I'd rather stay on track rather than having surprises this late in the day.

Also, I'm talking on the phone as I'm typing this post, so I hope it makes sense.

x'd with my beloved Nilp
Old 06-09-2020, 02:46 PM   #434
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
This is what I see from Pitch on Form yesterday (and a comment after his vote that he was reconsidering him). Ignoring is the wrong word, but here Pitch is questioning Form on suspicious behavior (openly speculating about gifteds) but treating it as kind of a heads-up-this-is-the-correct-way-to-WW, not a suspicion. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I read it. I get an overall downplaying vibe. Cleaning up a mess, even.
Oh for crying out loud, you do realise that this was in answer to him basically saying "Yeah, well, but what does it matter, I was only speculating?" and I tried to explain how & why it does matter? How is that 'cleaning up a mess' rather than explaining why the mess is a mess in the first place?
If you're saying I should have given more weight to this when deciding my vote, that's a valid criticism. But that's it.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:49 PM   #435
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
But unless the seer dreamed of a wolf, how would they know for sure if someone is voting correctly? Or what if no one votes for a wolf the seer dreamt of?

Maybe if the seer is killed the Dead Thread empowers a known innocent?
Old 06-09-2020, 02:51 PM   #436
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Silmaril

Quote:
But unless the seer dreamed of a wolf, how would they know for sure if someone is voting correctly? Or what if no one votes for a wolf the seer dreamt of?

The way I'm thinking, we can ask, if X is an innocent, empower Y. Or if M is a wolf, empower N.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:51 PM   #437
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, I was going to take a close look at Legate, but I guess Shasta wants to go first.

He posted a lot, and since it's difficult to summarize one-liners, I'm sticking to what he said about others.

On Day 1 he

says Pitch looks like the cobbler since he looked like hinting it at the wolves
says he likes a post of Legate, but still thinks it might've been wolfish
says that posts of Form and Hui look strange, and does that again for Hui a while later, and then suggests he's the NW since he thinks Hui is trying to get lynched.
says he's unsure about Kath due to difference in opinion on NW tactic
starts to suspect Brinn because of "risky"
and then he votes for Hui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
While I liked his answer to me re: pushing buttons, I don't have anywhere else I'm comfortable voting.
What he says makes sense to me, though I'd disagree on the Brinn thing. The reason for his vote still doesn't sit right with me, but I don't want to open that can of worms again.

Day 2 he

noted that Form does not get the same scrutiny for discussing gifteds as others did.
still thinks Pitch is the cobbler
complains to me about misrepresenting his vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I was honestly a bit surprised to see the Huin-wagon happen
Yet the day before he says that Hui is actually trying to get lynched. Even if he felt like at the time of his vote the risk of a waggon had become less, it was very apparently still there. This one does not sit right with me.

votes for Form right at the deadline

ToDay he

is surprised that the village went for Nog and lists Pitch, Kath, or Form as more likely.
suspects wolves among Nog's voters (something he didn't point out after Hui's death)
thinks Form not dying makes him more suspicious and he thinks he keeps getting saved*
can't make his mind up about me since I can't make up my mind about him
doesn't want to lynch Greenie
still has Form and Kath atop his list
also is unhappy with Lommy, Legate, and me
doesn't get good vibes from Rikae
doesn't know about Sally
feels better about Nilp

I also keep being mentioned in posts between him and Rikae and I'm confused about what's going on there.

Again, I can't really find any fault with the points he raises, except for where I mention it above. And while I don't even necessarily disagree, the fact that he repeats again and again that Pitch is the cobbler feels weird. There's also a touchiness to him, but maybe that's just me.

In conclusion, I'm not super suspicious of him, but I'm not at ease either. So essentially he stays in the middle, and he's just gonna have to live with that.

*Shasta is not the only one I remember saying things to that effect, and for all of my own suspicion of Form, I'm really not sure how valid that is.

Last edited by Macalaure; 06-09-2020 at 02:52 PM. Reason: crossed with I don't know how many...
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:52 PM   #438
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:

Correctly, as in voting for a wolf ideally, but at least not voting for a (dead thread known) innocent.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:58 PM   #439
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
++ Legate

Again somewhat meta, but Kath's confusion about the BH rules is enough to give me vague second thoughts about her. Meanwhile, I'm still suspicious of Legate for a) the Lottie kill, b) his weird reaction to the Lottie kill that I agree looks rehearsed, c) his role in the Nog lynch, d) woefulness about late voting without effort to actually change it that essentially amounts to less accountability for votes, and e) general feeling of Mr Agreeableness (sorry Pitch, I know it's a trigger word ) or something not quite right - I recall innocent Legate being bigger on grand theories and generally giving more of an active vibe rather than mournful witness of unfolding last-minute chaos.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #440
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

A quick tally

Kath > Form
Greenie > Legate

1 hour to go.

Edit: Crossed with Greenie.