Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2007, 04:52 PM   #1921
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry for the delay, everybody. I'll have my post back up there tonight. I was going to try to work on it today at work, but ended up having to work at work. (Oh, horrors! )
I'm revising it a bit, but I'll definitely finish this evening.

Okay... the new version is up.
Folwren -- I hope you don't mind Thornden's taking what would be the equivalent of a hockey check to the chest. It was the only way I could think of to get ol' Ghem out of there.

Last edited by Ealasaide; 07-19-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:12 PM   #1922
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
lmp: could it be that the "madman" on Withold's throat is Harreld as you wrote?

I could write tomorrow how Stigend slips out and gets after Ulric then...
Old 07-20-2007, 03:08 AM   #1923
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sorry I was delayed in my revision. All set now. I seem to have settled the matter perhaps a bit too deftly. Let me know if you want me to change something in reference to your character.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:07 AM   #1924
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Loved your post, Elempi.

I know my post was open-ended, and I could have changed that, but I wanted to see what Harreld would do. Call me whatever you like, but there it is.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 07-20-2007 at 06:17 AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:50 PM   #1925
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Nicely written people! And Ginna sure can provide us with surprises! Nice writing Lhuna!

The overprotective carpenter is having now problems of his own...

It surely is up to Eala whether Ghem is still around and wishes to steal a horse or something or whether he's away for good.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:17 PM   #1926
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Innnn(!)teresting!

Who would have expected it of Ginna?

Good writing, Noggie! One thing you might want to consider, if you're interested in revising your post this way, is that Stigend might have thought about Léof being in the stables; or maybe he didn't. Your call.

I'll write something for Harreld, Falco, and Eodwine tonight. I hope I have enough inspriation.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:37 PM   #1927
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Elempi, I was laughing all over the place reading your post. (Good thing I'm alone, or someone might have placed me in a straitjacket!)

And I just realised that Rowenna's actually a year younger than Ginna! Well, there's no denying that Ginna's a spoiled brat...
Old 07-21-2007, 04:17 AM   #1928
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
One thing you might want to consider, if you're interested in revising your post this way, is that Stigend might have thought about Léof being in the stables; or maybe he didn't.
I might think about that. But also this Elborn-guy is somewhere as well. He might find Stigend - or Stigend might hear him if he is inside the hall somewhere... And pretty soon Harreld and Ginna are coming in too.

So people seem to be gathering inside as well.

Yes, this looks interesting.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:06 AM   #1929
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

I wonder...how would Garreth react to Ginna and Harreld?

But I'm sure Elempi had already thought of that.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:58 AM   #1930
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
I wonder...how would Garreth react to Ginna and Harreld?

But I'm sure Elempi had already thought of that.
What, I keep Falco, Eodwine, Harreld, and Rowenna in mind, and you're not satisfied? You want me to think of Garreth too!?!? Good heavens! I must admit that I only gave him cursory attention. I'll see what I can do.....

....I'm going to wait for a bit and let a few other folks post before I do again. I have to think about all my characters. I have too many. Maybe I should kill off another. Hmmm... which one? Eodwine? No, he's kind of crucial. Falco? Hmmm..... Rowenna? Nah, too new. Garreth? Harreld? Hmmmmmm! That could be interesting! Just kidding. But I do need to make at least one of them travel away, and soon.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-21-2007 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:52 AM   #1931
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Dang it. I have never been so sorry to miss a week here at the Mead Hall.

I'll go read up on the thread. I doubt it'll do much good for me to post now. *sigh*

-- Folwren
Old 07-21-2007, 10:13 AM   #1932
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
What, I keep Falco, Eodwine, Harreld, and Rowenna in mind, and you're not satisfied? You want me to think of Garreth too!?!? Good heavens! I must admit that I only gave him cursory attention. I'll see what I can do.....
Well, it's your fault for creating too many interesting characters. But I was merely suggesting, feel free to ignore me.

Quote:
....I'm going to wait for a bit and let a few other folks post before I do again. I have to think about all my characters. I have too many. Maybe I should kill off another. Hmmm... which one? Eodwine? No, he's kind of crucial. Falco? Hmmm..... Rowenna? Nah, too new. Garreth? Harreld? Hmmmmmm! That could be interesting! Just kidding. But I do need to make at least one of them travel away, and soon.
You know, I think Ginna would only be too happy to get rid of Rowenna for you. (Now where's that evil grin when you need it?)

Foley, I don't think the fun's over. Thornden might be able to do something yet.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 07-21-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:17 PM   #1933
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Well, it's your fault for creating too many interesting characters.
And to think that most of them started out as non-player filler types.

Quote:
You know, I think Ginna would only be too happy to get rid of Rowenna for you.
Wow! To think that such animosity has already developed over my femme fatale! And to think that her original purpose was to get Ginna out of the way of danger! This could be interesting.....
Old 07-22-2007, 01:19 PM   #1934
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Okay.

I've put in one post more as my "writing days" are drawing to a close for this summer. I'll be around of course but the next few weeks will be difficult... I hope I can make one or two in these next couple of weeks.

Now initially I thought it could be Elborn who walked silently in the hall as there is at least for now no explanation where he went and it would fit his character to just come back and slowly look around...

But anyone else may pick this opportunity as well.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #1935
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well, I need to figure out where Leof is. He didn't come out into the courtyard, and if he had been in the stables Stigend definitely would have seen him - Leof wouldn't be hiding.

So... even if it is Elborn in the hall that Stigend hears, maybe Leof could be there too? Perhaps when Thornden ran out into the courtyard, he might have told Leof to check the hallway? Is that okay?
Old 07-22-2007, 03:58 PM   #1936
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
even if it is Elborn in the hall that Stigend hears, maybe Leof could be there too? Perhaps when Thornden ran out into the courtyard, he might have told Leof to check the hallway? Is that okay?
The request of Thornden is a bit hard as Stigend has already consumed some time at the residential quarters.. But it could be quite okay if he'd just alarmed him in general... but if Thornden didn't call for Leof especially he might just be leaning over the hay somewhere in the stables as well? Then it would be as understandable that Stigend didn't notice him... but that all depends on how cognisant of the last events Leof was... MAybe the middle-solution is the best one?

For if he knew there was something wrong and things happening he should be in the hall looking what's the matter (as he was not in the actual fight anyway) but if he didn't realise that at all (which I find a bit unbelievable) then he might have a nap in the stables...

So maybe Leof should be in the hall better than not be there?

I mean if Thornden had given him an order he would have obeyd that and either had been involved in the fight in the ALder court or had been already in the "quarters" and thence met Stigend already... So maybe he's just come in to learn out the things himself - and meets Stigend who's about to kill him before he realises who he is...

That in case you have time to write pretty soon as I think Lhuna and lmp both are pretty active right now and possibly (hopefully) Eala as well...

But do write! It would be nice to have more voices in here!
Old 07-22-2007, 05:32 PM   #1937
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

And anyhow, anyone, do come in the hall!

Everyone's character can be fitted in so do not hesitate!

PS. It's funny though that there's already two posts that say that Harreld will get Ginna out of the Alder court through the kitchen door when it is a real detour, while they could just walk straight in from the Hall-door which Stigend used (and Thornden and Falco earlier) if they were to go to the residential quarters to Modtryth and the kids.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:00 PM   #1938
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Well, Ginna considers the kitchen familiar territory...

If she could read the posts I'm reading from the other characters, she would be feeling extremely stupid and ashamed right now. As such, I'm feeling stupid and ashamed for her.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #1939
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Here's the way I see it:

Leof and Thornden were in the stables when most of the happenings in the kitchen occurred. They hear vague noise and commotion - shortly (perhaps when it doesn't immediately die down), Thornden ran out into the courtyard. Two things could then happen (I'm going to number all points to keep them straight...):

1a) Leof stays in the stables.

1b) Thornden tells Leof to check the halls, since neither of them know what's going on.

2) Question: Does the residence wing have one or two floors? Where do those stairs go - the cellar?

3) At this point, Stigend enters the stables. Now, he walks all the way through them - even if Stigend didn't see Leof, Leof would have seen him - he's pretty in tune to what happens there. This then contradicts point 1a.

4) Stigend enters the residence wing. Leof isn't immediately in sight. Ergo, he must either be in a room or upstairs or the cellar (point 2). The second two make more sense... and if it's the cellar, Leof would then realize that the outlaws have escaped and make the connection with the earlier commotion.

5) Stigend and Leof hook up? Elborn shows up?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:04 PM   #1940
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

The "residential wing" has a floor level and an upstairs.

Harreld would most certainly take Ginna by the quickest way to the residence wing, namely through the door you mentioned. Can any posts with stuff about that please be revised accordingly? Thanks.

Also, there needs to be, at some point very soon, an outburst from Frodides along the lines of "What has happened to my kitchen?!?" For surely she would be relatively near. Kath?

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-22-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:13 PM   #1941
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Harreld would most certainly take Ginna by the quickest way to the residence wing, namely through the door you mentioned. Can any posts with stuff about that please be revised accordingly? Thanks.
Will do, sire.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #1942
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Right, yes, sorry. I sort of lost Frodides and Kara when all this started and have been trying to work out where they'd be. And while I'm admitting my total confusion ... what has happened to the kitchen? Apart from the apparent lack of either Kara or Ginna being in it?
Old 07-23-2007, 05:18 PM   #1943
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Right, yes, sorry. I sort of lost Frodides and Kara when all this started and have been trying to work out where they'd be. And while I'm admitting my total confusion ... what has happened to the kitchen? Apart from the apparent lack of either Kara or Ginna being in it?
Frodides, like Kara, were no doubt with the rest in the Great Hall for the solemn moment regarding Rilef. Having been excused, Frodides and Kara apparently did not go back to the kitchen, so I imagine the most likely alternatives would be, in the case of Frodides, her room, the latrine, getting on with that visit to the market, or some such. For Kara, maybe it was interaction with the Dwarf, or in her room for a moment, or the latrine, or sent by Frodides to market, or the two went together, or for a walk in the paddock, your call.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:00 AM   #1944
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Great post, Foley! A very intriguing read.

Firefoot, are you in hopes of your character running into Eodwine for better orders than Falco passed on, or do you intend any more of an exchange with Falco?
Old 07-24-2007, 06:14 AM   #1945
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
Firefoot, are you in hopes of your character running into Eodwine for better orders than Falco passed on, or do you intend any more of an exchange with Falco?
It doesn't matter. Leof is hoping for a something a little bit more detailed and clear, but he has the gist of the message, so if he runs into either of them (I don't recall where Eodwine is at the moment), great, otherwise he'll just ride on.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:04 AM   #1946
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

I've been without access to the computer for a couple of days & see that I have A LOT to catch up on. I'll see what I can do about getting Elian/Elborn on the move again. And, yes, Ghem, is still lurking about...
Old 07-24-2007, 10:14 AM   #1947
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Folwren -- Nice posts. I do have one small correction to ask of you, though. (Please!) In your last post you mention the guards taking small knives and lockpicks off of Ulric and Withold, but Ghem is the only one who had them. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:48 AM   #1948
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Whoops. That's right. Well, would these fellows have had any sort of weapons on them? Please let me know so I can write about them and not have Thornden be at fault again. :P

-- Folwren
Old 07-24-2007, 11:09 AM   #1949
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Well, would these fellows have had any sort of weapons on them?
Their weapons were taken from them when they were first taken as prisoners - only Ghem's small stuff remained unaccounted for. They took knives from the kitchen as they tried to escape but naturally they're not having them anymore as they lost them in the fight...
Old 07-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #1950
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Yes, Nogrod is correct. In the process of escaping, Withold had picked up a kitchen knife & Ulric had Ghem's little bitty knife, but they lost both of those when they were re-captured. Thornden is on top of things this time!
Old 07-24-2007, 05:35 PM   #1951
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ok, a post is up. I've managed to figure out where Kara and Frodides disappeared to at last! Thanks for your suggestions anyway lmp. Frodides has just confronted Eodwine, also interrupting his conversation with Rowenna.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:28 PM   #1952
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Well here's a curmudgeonly problem! I've just requested of Lhuna to have Ginna escorted by Harreld to the guest rooms with Modtryth and the children, but Kath has Ginna and Harreld in the kitchen. And you know what? It makes more sense to me.

But Eodwine has sent Garreth into the kitchen too, which is NOT in Kath's post, so what shall we do about that?

So I'm willing to change my post accordingly, and sheepishly ask Lhuna to change her post back again. Is that okay with you, Lhuna? Everybody else?

By the way, Kath, it seems that I forgot to answer another of your questions: the kitchen has blood on the floor from Stigend, and the main table probably knocked out of its proper place; perhaps, if you like, there might be nicks in the table's surface or corners, as well as on walls, or wherever Noggie's description of Stigend's fight gives license to. Hope that helps.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 07-24-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:39 AM   #1953
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Sorry about that, I can certainly write in Garreth being in the kitchen too if you're happy with them being there.

And thanks for the information about the kitchen, it does help explain Frodides' annoyance.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:22 AM   #1954
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

No problem, Elempi.

You could probably have Garreld sent off somehow, unless you'd rather let him stay in the kitchen and give you one more character to think about.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:01 AM   #1955
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Eodwine will send Garreth back to the Hall, and Harreld & Ginna. That should pretty much solve everything. Problem is, I can't get to it until later today, and maybe not until tomorrow. Please be patient. I have a long, long meeting tonight, and I'm not sure one of my coworkers will show up.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:04 PM   #1956
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

It looks like things are turning out nicely... and Ghem is still around...

Unfortunately I will be out of the reach of any computer from fri. morning to the wed. next week at least.

I'll see if I can write a short post today / tomorrow.

But feel free to use Stigend meanwhile if he's needed. He's wounded but would do anything if that would help protect Modtryth and the kids.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:54 AM   #1957
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Lhuna, in post # 835 you have Eodwine telling Ginna to go to Modtryth and the boys. Please have him aim her toward the kitchen.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:33 AM   #1958
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Oh, sorry, I forgot about that. My post has been changed.

You and Nogrod should edit your posts after mine, too.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:38 AM   #1959
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I did edit once. Is there something I missed?
Old 07-26-2007, 04:12 PM   #1960
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I had no time to come up with a post - or edit an earlier one.

Please feel free to use Stigend when he could help your writing.

So sad to get off when things actually start happening...

Have fun! I will have fun as well in the countryside!