Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2004, 02:09 PM   #201
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Green Dragon Inn Facts:

It is the 4th Age, year 12. By the Shire Calendar it is year 1433 S.R. (Shire Reckoning).

King Elessar is on the throne of the Reunited Kingdom of Arnor and Gondor.

Mirkwood has been reclaimed by the Elves and is now called Eryn Lasgalen.

Paladdin Took, Pippin’s father, is Thain of the Shire. (Thain is an honorary title for the military leader of the Shire. The title has been held in the Took Family since the position was first established in 3rd Age 1979 with Bucca of the Marish as First Thain.) Paladdin Took dies in year 13, and will be succeeded by his son, Peregrin, ‘Pippin’, Took.

Samwise Gamgee is Mayor of the Shire, having succeeded Will Whitfoot in 1427 S.R.

The Innkeeper, in the Green Dragon Inn of this forum, is:
Aman – a young woman from Rohan.

Before her, the Innkeeper was Piosenniel, and before her it was Dwarin, the Dwarf.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Other ongoing characters in the Inn:

Ruby Brown, Hobbit – not married – server and maid

Buttercup Brownlock, Hobbit – not married – kitchen assistant and maid

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Ongoing characters from outside the Inn:

Halfred Whitfoot – local Shiriff and Postmaster; his pony’s name is Dumpling.
  • Only the Innkeeper, Amanaduial, or the Moderators move the timeline for the Inn forward.
  • Visitors to the Inn will need to read the posts that come before theirs to get an idea of what time it is in the Shire, what the weather is like, and what is happening.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

IT IS NOW LATE AFTERNOON HEADING TOWARD EVENING IN THE SHIRE.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 3:10 PM January 11, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-11-2004, 02:14 PM   #202
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

I want to remind Inn patrons of one of the Shire rules from The Red Book of Westmarch:

Chatty-style posts which encourage other players to post in a chatty manner are discouraged.

Be descriptive, and try not to use a lot of dialog.

Communication between players in the Inn is welcomed, but please try to enhance it with some descriptive writing. This is not a television show or a movie where we can see your character and the environment they are in. You need to provide that for us - not just the dialog of the scene.

Posts with excessive dialog and little descriptive prose will be returned to their writers for revision.

Thanks!

~*~ Piosenniel, Shire Moderator
Old 01-11-2004, 03:42 PM   #203
ShadowElf
Newly Deceased

ShadowElf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Thats it?" Maikaalph wondered as he looked around. Suddenly a dwarf appeared and sat at the table.

"This doesn't sound like you Sindahir." he said drinking his ale. "Your tales are normally more exciting."

"Fain what are you doing here?" Maikaalph asked.

"Looking for you." Just then Fain noticed the crowd of listeners gathered around the them. Maikaalph tell them one of your tales.

"All right. Maikaalph began.

I was riding back to my homeland of Lothlorien from a visit in Arnor when I noticed the elves of Lorien prepared for a battle. In my absence Lorien had been attacked. I took my arms and fought alongside my friends to hold back a second assault, and also a third. The third assault almost claimed my life. When I was fighting an orc he knocked me over and was about to kill me when an arrow came out of nowhere and killed him. None of the other elves knew where the arrow came from, or who shot it. He paused to look at Sindahir who looked away. Anyways, we fought long and hard to keep Lorien from falling, and claimed the victory in the end. Later I accompanied Arwen and her company to Minias Tirith. Then I left for Rohan with Eomer. That was the latest that has happened beside my adventures at Weathertop. The listeners apparently amazed started to disperse but a few stuck around to see what was going to happen.

"So thats what you have been up to. Eh Maikaalph. Interesting, very interesting." Fain said.

"When did you come to know this elf Master dwarf?" A hobbit in the crowd asked.

"Well..." Fain began.

"Here's how it happened." Fain began.

I was still at my home in Erebor when Maikaalph arrived. Now just as dwarves mistrust elves, we weren't sure about him but we still let him in. I was quite sure Maikaalph was a weak person and wanted to show him that dwarves are better that any elf. So I challenged him to a fight outside the mountain til he or I gave up. Maikaalph was a lot tougher than I thought, and we battled it out for hours outside of Erebor. After That we were best friends.

The listeners disperesed till Maikaalph, Sindahir, and Fain were alone.

"Thats not the end of the story you know." Maikaalph said.

"Tell me the rest." Sindahir said.

"Later, right now we have things to discuss." Maikaalph said as he walked out the door with Fain...

"Sometimes you have to let them go." Said a voice from behind Sindahir. "I'm a friend of Fain and I know what he is like. always running off with someone or something."

"Who might you be?" Sindahir asked.

"My name is Rose Black, and I'm hoping to get a job here. I must get going now." The hobbit lass said as she ran for the kitchen...

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 7:36 PM January 11, 2004: Message edited by: ShadowElf ]
Old 01-11-2004, 05:57 PM   #204
Melisil
Wight

Melisil has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Melisil slowed to a stop. She walked over to the grass and sat down. She pulled some of her hair towards her face and started to braid it. She called Eruisto over to her. "Eruisto, shall we go back inside? It's getting a bit cold out hear, and I would like to hear some stories." she looked wonderingly at Eruisto, "Do you know when the storytelling starts here?"

"Shall we?" asked Melisil standing up again. Eruisto nodded and they walked inside the Inn.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:56 PM January 11, 2004: Message edited by: Melisil ]
Old 01-11-2004, 07:17 PM   #205
Gorbadic
Pile O'Bones

Gorbadic has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Gorbadic smiles at the bartender and and looks down at the roasted mushrooms with a smile. He lifts his and brings it down upon a mushroom and closes his fingers around it. He brings the mushroom to his mouth and stuffs it in it. Sighing loudly he closes his eyes and nods while chewing up the tasty mushroom. He opens up his eyes and grabs another and eats it and continues to do this. He looks over to the people and narrows his eyes then looks back to his food.

Gorbadic stares at the food and grabs a mushroom but doesnt at it but instead stares at it and thinks. he thinks of his loneliness and about how bored he is right now. He stuffs the mushroom into his mouth slowly and chews it just as slowly as it went in. Gorbadic begins to talk himself. "Why am I like this? Why cant I be on an adventure instead of a Inn? I need more action then this, I mean my goodness im a Hobbit." *He stops talking to himself and continues to eat the mushrooms in the bowl.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:19 PM   #206
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Iris of Bree

Shortly after Niluial left, Iris rushed to her feet and leaped up the stairways, nearly tripping over them in her haste. She stopped at the Finduilas’ closed door. Pressing her ear against the planks, she heard their soft murmuring as the elf and the blind girl talked softly with each other.

Breathing heavily, Iris strained to listen, but she could not catch the words. The strings twanged raucously as Finduilas touched them and Iris cringed. The girl had definitely lost her touch. But she tried the same not again, softer, and it sounded more pleasant. Again and again the blind girl struck the strings, and each time the note rang more softly.

Shuddering, Iris listened and she collapsed when Finduilas played a perfect scale. Her lips trembled, her green eyes were hooded by a frown, she clutched at the door. No! It couldn’t be happening! Why, why did Finduilas experience all joy! Even now when she was blind she was learning to play again. Through a wavering veil of tears, Iris put her eye to the key hole in the knob and watched Finduilas play the scale again. “It’s not fair,” she whispered as she buried her head in her arms.

Old 01-12-2004, 12:39 AM   #207
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Fool Of A Took has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Ehrrr, well... Actually I am from Hobbiton but I have heard that the harvest was good this year, especially the mushrooms." Ferdibrand said. Ferdibrand still wondered who this person was. He took up his own pipe. "But anyway, enough about me, where are you from and who are you?" he said and lighted his pipe. He looked at the stranger beside him. Still he looked into the fireplace and almost seemed like he were sleeping. Ferdibrand drew a deep sigh. Is he a Ranger?, that question came to his mind all the time.

He started to get cold, he didnt know why. He couldnt see that any window were open. He moved closer to the fireplace and so did the stranger beside him. Feribrand drew the coat tighter around him. Maybe the stranger was a bandit!, he thought, and maybe hes going to rob me! Ferdibrand almost started to laugh at his own silly thoughts. Of course he wasnt a robber. Just a stranger. Then the stranger turned his head to Ferdibrand again and Ferdibrand awaited what he were going to say.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:38 AM   #208
Pyroclastic
Haunting Spirit

Pyroclastic has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Romenna looked around the now vacant table and smiled to herself. One moment two people had been here, the next moment they were gone. Romenna jumped and put her hand to the hidden knife on her back as something bumped against her leg. Looking down, she saw Silma the kitten, rubbing against her leg and purring. Bending down and picking her up, she said to the cat, "Hey kitty, it's just you and I now. Niluial will be back for you shortly, have no doubt." She held the kitten close as she thought about her two former table companions. It appeared that Romenna was the only one not having a bad day today. She looked up and saw Niluial approaching the table. "Looking for something?" She said as she held up Silma.
"Oh, thank you!" Said Niluial as she took her kitten into her arms.
"Niluial, will you please excuse me?" Romenna ask, "I must go see about something."
"Oh sure, go ahead," Niluial replied.
"I'll be around if you need me for anything, don't hesitate to come to me." Romenna smiled at her, petted the kitty goodbye, and set off in search of Iris.

Upstairs, she paused as she rounded the corner, seeing Iris crouched just outside of a closed door. Iris has her hand over her eyes, and appeared to be weeping. Romenna stopped to think for a moment. "She's a very withdrawn and angry person. Yet her outbursts would seem to be a cry for help, purposefully or not. I would assume that it has something to do with her blind friend." Watching her, Romenna's eyes softened in compassion. "I know something of the pain of a maimed friend." She thought back upon the memories of her brother Tarol, who had survived the war, but came back only have to fight the battle of the deformed. Yes, she knew something of dealing with permanently injured people, and the frustration sometimes accompanying them. Thus decided, she approached the dark haired lady.
"Iris, I come here not to intrude, but rather to offer my aid."

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:45 AM January 12, 2004: Message edited by: Pyroclastic ]
Old 01-12-2004, 06:51 AM   #209
Er-Murazor
Pile O'Bones

Er-Murazor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Almost evening again... He needed somewhere to stay or he would feel the cold of the night.

A nearby Inn that he could see in the distance was his only option. Step after step, he reached the door and after reading the name of the Inn, the Green Dragon, he opened the door and entered.

He was a big man, six foot three inch and nearly two hundred pounds of meat, with a black and dusty cloak wrapped around him.

He carried an enormous bastard sword which point almost reached the floor and at his back there were a bow and a quiver.

However, he didn't seem menacing.

In spite of coming from the roads, he had shaved that very morning using the waters of the Baranduin as a mirror and his blue eyes looked full of some kind of sadness and sorrow to big to be posible.

He looked around the main hall, trying to spot the Innkeeper but failed to do so. Not knowing what to do, he just waited someone to tell him something, it had been too long since he had heard the sound of a voice but his own.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:17 AM January 12, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-12-2004, 07:35 AM   #210
Angel_Queen
Animated Skeleton

Angel_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Ravon, to see you hurt is the last thing I want to happen." She turned to look at Lewis "I wont let you get hurt," she thought she saw a smile forming on his face. Ravon didn't know what else to tell him. Indeed my life is a sad story, one that I caused to come upon me. I could have had anything, yet I choose a sad life.

Ravon sat there gazing into his eyes. So peaceful it seems. Yet he has so much to look forward to in the future. "Thank you Lewis. I have never had anyone to care about me. You are the only one besides Cree that knows about my sad life. I knew her once, before all this happened. Yet back then I could tell that she was special. Now as I set here and look at you, I see the peace that can come to a person. That is why I'm always saying sorry. For my past is full of sadness and only hate. Hate from other people because of who I am. Now you've changed that."

Ravon looked down at her cup. "Would you like a refill Master Lewis?"
Old 01-12-2004, 08:49 AM   #211
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Sting

Cree looked up to see a figure walk through the door. "Excuse me Lúrëaelda, so we leave in the morn." Cree knew that some how she needed to find her sword she had left outside. By now its bound to be lost. Yet who knows. She turned to him. "Just let me find Avalon."

The bird had perched itself beside the figure she saw walk in. The man was big, and looked to be over six foot to her. "I'm sorry about Avalon." She looked at the bird and motioned for it to come to her shoulder. "So whats your name, you look to be new around here. I'm Cree, this is Avalon."

She turned to look back at Lúrëaelda and Durin. Hopefully I will find my father. Yet I don't know what will happen when I do or if I do. "Avalon go over to Lúrëaelda, we leave in the morning."
Old 01-12-2004, 09:05 AM   #212
Er-Murazor
Pile O'Bones

Sting

"Pleased to meet you, lady Cree. I am new around here. And don't feel sorry about... Avalon, please. I think that the poor bird is a bit nervous, I only hope that I haven't disturbed him", replied the big man.

"By the way, my name is Eradan Durgilon. I have walked for the past three months and I hope that today at the end I will be able to enjoy some food, because I am not exactly a gifted cook. Where may I find the Innkeeper?", asks Eradan looking around in hope of discovering the owner of the local.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:19 AM January 12, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-12-2004, 09:13 AM   #213
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Sting

Cree looked around hoping to find Aman. "Aman should be around here somewheres." She reached to her side and pulled out Lembas. "Eradan I've got some Lembas bread if that might help." She offered the bread to him.

She sat down. "So Eradan where are you from? Avalon will be fine. She can be get in some trouble at times."
Old 01-12-2004, 09:20 AM   #214
Er-Murazor
Pile O'Bones

Sting

"Elven bread? No, thanks. If past experiences mean something, it will probably burn my throat. When one does freely decide to serve the Shadows, there is a prize to be paid", refuses with a hint of dislike in his face Eradan.

"And before somebody decides to expel me from the Inn, I will answer to your second question. I was born among the ranks of the Rangers, but later decided to abandon them. I have lived for the last three years among the ruins of the red valley of Carn Dum".

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:21 AM January 12, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-12-2004, 09:29 AM   #215
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

"Ok then." Cree placed the last of the bread in her pouch. "What a fascinating story."

Cree didn't know what to think of him. Maybe he could serve to be a good friend. Yet she remembered what happened the last time she made friends with someone like him. It didn't go very well. "Well it seems that your not much for elven food. Well then I guess I should find Aman for you."
Old 01-12-2004, 09:31 AM   #216
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Pipe

Ferdibrand got confused by the strangers question. He had just told him that he were from Hobbiton, then he asks him about Buckland. He started to get nervous again, Oh my...! I must calm down! he thought and took deep breaths.

"I am sorry, stranger, I must go.", Ferdibrand said and rose from his chair. The stranger bowed his head for him and smiled. Ferdibrand bowed and ran out of the Common room, he then walked straight to the bar and asked for a glas of water. They will find me now, he thought, I hope that the stranger wasn't sent by them. He sat down and took a breather. He needed to talk to someone he could trust. An elf would be perfect. He liked elves, but most elves are no interested in the halflings problems. He then sighed and looked around himself for anyone that seemd reliable.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 10:42 AM January 12, 2004: Message edited by: Fool Of A Took ]
Old 01-12-2004, 09:47 AM   #217
Er-Murazor
Pile O'Bones

Sting

"Aren't you afraid of the evil Ranger who willingly joined the Darkness? This isn't usual", replies an clearly shocked Eradan.

"And you are even polite with me. Well, its good to be considere a man and no some kind of scum, but you have incensed my curiosity.
Where do you come from, lady Cree? What have you seen to have so much mercy?"

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:22 AM January 12, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-12-2004, 10:01 AM   #218
Gorbadic
Pile O'Bones

Boots

Gorbadic eats his last mushroom for the day and motions for the bartender to come and take away the bowl. The bartender nods at him and walks out an grabs ahold of the bowl. They take it away and leave Gorbadic with nothing to eat on. But he doesnt care he is now pretty full. Gorbadic gets down from his bar stool and walks around just so he could do something. Bored out of his skull, Gorbadic walks over to metal chair that has moved away from a table and is sitting by the doorway all by itself.

He walks over to it and sits in it and smiles to himself. Then he relizes that a few people are staring at him. Knowing they dont care he still doesnt like to be stared at. Gorbadic gets up and takes the chair with him over to a table. he slides the chair under the table and sits on it again. At least no is staring at him. Being stared at makes him uncomfurtable for his own reasons.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 11:02 AM January 12, 2004: Message edited by: Gorbadic ]
Old 01-12-2004, 04:14 PM   #219
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Eruisto

The Inn was comfortably warm after the slight chill outside, and Eruisto felt his body warm degree by degree. There was a low hum that seemed to reverberate inside him, a sweet home-like sound. He pulled up a chair for Melisil, and went around to take the chair across when he was smacked in the shoulder by a young woman running across the common room, clutching her divided green skirt, her braided red hair streaming out behind her. He stared after her for a moment, shrugged to Melisil when she looked at him quizzically, and sat down.

"I guess in an Inn this popular, you get some odd characters," he said dismissively, but took one last look over his shoulder at the girl before turning back to Melisil.

"You mentioned storytelling," he said. "Do they have it a lot around here? Do you tell stories?" His voice was studiously casual. He loved stories, and as much as he liked telling them himself, he liked hearing them better. He tried to keep a nonchalant demeanor, but it was all he could do not to fidget in his seat.

Young red-haired woman

Running at full speed across the Inn, she noticed but didn't let it stop her when she ran into a man who looked indignantly at her. She hiked up her divided skirts and hoped that her thick, rope-like braids didn't hit anybody as she sprinted past.

A big smile spread across her face, seeming to illuminate her light freckles spread across her cheeks, pale from her red-head complexion. Her dark green eyes sparkled and with a cry of "Erulon!" she threw herself into the arms of one of the newcomers.

Her momentum caused her victim to swing her around a few times, and she laughed hysterically. "I missed you so much," Talmérië, better known as Rie, said, still laughing. She jumped down, and, putting her hands on her hips, looked him up and down appraisingly.

"You look good," she decided. "A little worse for wear, but that'll clear right up. Come on, let's get some ale. Tell me where you've been!"
Old 01-12-2004, 05:31 PM   #220
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

"Iris, I come here not to intrude, but rather to offer my aid." Iris tried to still her heavy breathing and wiped the tears from her face. To aid…” why did everybody think that they must help her, that she was a child to be comforted! Savagely wiping her runny nose and stifling a sneeze to slowly raised her head, burning green eyes meeting the eyes of the woman before her. Romenna’s eyes were kind and soft. She held her hand out, but Iris ignored it, rather glaring at the woman. Breaking the stare, she shuddered and, after a scornful gaze, pushed the hand aside and climbed to her feet. “How will you aide me?” Iris asked in an icy, tight voice.

“Why don’t you come down with me, and we will have a bit of coffee,” Romenna suggested, smiling as she took Iris by the arm and nearly pushed her down the stairs.

“I don’t like coffee,” Iris said briefly.

“Then we will have something that you do like,” Romenna said, her eyes twinkling as she drew a chair from a vacant table and motioned Iris into it.

Iris hunched her shoulders and bent her head, her fingers absently tracing the wood pattern. The faint sound of a lyre drifted faintly down to her: Finduilas was still practicing, more than likely under the patient kind teaching of Elentari. A dark frown creased her brow, she gripped the wood, and sneered at the table.

A soft hand touched her elbow, and Romenna asked gently, “Are you alright?”

Iris shuddered again and she rubbed her hand over her eyes, trying to stay the tears that threatened to spill. “No,” she whispered. “Would you be fine if you wished a stranger ill?” Drumming her fingers nervously on the table, she let the sentence hang with no explanation. Let her wonder! It wasn’t her business! But yet a stray thought entered: why was this woman concerned with her? “Why do you want to help me?” she asked, bluntly.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:33 PM January 12, 2004: Message edited by: Imladris ]

Old 01-12-2004, 05:41 PM   #221
Gird
Animated Skeleton

Gird has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Gird looked around the room a bit more, and noticed a small Hobbit, fidgeting somewhat. The Hobbit got up from the stool he was on, and then walked around the floor for a bit, with no apparent aim, and then went over to a chair that was sitting by itself near the door. What an odd little fellow, Gird thought to himself. He then watched as the hobbit picked up the chair and moved it to a nearby table, and once more sat on it. Yes.. very odd indeed.

Gird, feeling sociable this evening decided to see what the hobbit was doing. Gird got up, and walked to the table where the hobbit was, and pulled out a chair. And then he kept pulling it out, untill it was ten feet from the table. He then sat down. Then, he got up, and pushed the chair in, all the way, under the table. Gird looked at the chir realizing that it was too far in to sit down on, so he pulled it out three feet and sat down. He sat for a second as if thinking, and then scooched his chair forwards a few inches, just so he was perfectly comfortable.

Then, remembering why he came over here, turned to look the hobbit and saw nothing. He then looked the other way, and again saw noone. Oh dear, my clever antics have hurt the poor guy. He looked down to the table to think, and there he saw the hobbit, who had been sitting there the whole time wondering what on Earth Gird was doing. "Oh!" exclaimed Gird, "hullo. How are you doing my fine hobbit?"

What a fool am I.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:56 PM January 12, 2004: Message edited by: Gird ]

"I am Ugluk, I command."
Ugluk
Old 01-12-2004, 06:03 PM   #222
Thengal
Haunting Spirit

Thengal has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

"Aye, that's him allright," Breylo said as he whispered to his friend in the corner. He puffed his pipe slowly digesting the situation and coming up with a quick solution.

"We aren't ready for this yet." he decided. He motioned for his companion to follow him out the door. Breylo slipped in between two other Breelanders and made his way out the door, but not before sending a parting glance the hobbit's way. Suprisingly he saw someone talking to him. "Very interesting...." Breylo muttered as they left.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:34 PM   #223
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Sírabel watched Grid with great anticipation as her went under the table beside hers. She did have half a mind to say something to him but ignored her temptation. After all she thought Lanus would be most upset if he were to find out ive not been able to hold my tongue again. "Mind you," she said alous now, "This intolerable ringing in my head does not much to help either!"

She was being caught up having a conversation with herself in her own thoughts when she heard the mentioning of a very interesting subject according to Sírabel.

"Carn Dum" she snapped her head as if it were someone offerig to give away all of their gold. Sírabel found the speaker, a man named Eradan and he was with Cree. Her eyes widened and she decided to Approach them.

"I am so sorry to disturb you sir, but i coudlnt help overhearing you mention Carn Dum, is this correct?" she stopped and realised thats he had quite forgotten to introduce herself. "My name is Sírabel Delone, and im an artist, which is why i ask. I have always wanted to paint there, whats it like. Better still. Am i able to join you too fine people, i should wish for some company, my companion Lanus has gone off on his errands and i have found myself quite alone and with a nasty bump on my head." she guestrued to the cut where she hit her head an hour previous. "But that doesnt matter now does it?"

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-12-2004, 07:14 PM   #224
Fire-Galad
Animated Skeleton

Fire-Galad has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Sindahir watched the hobbit leave.
"Okay," She started slowly. "That was just plain weird." Sindahir sat by herself thinking and remembering.

It was the nineth day since Edoras and Sindahir made for Lorien. Since her mother had come from there, maybe some one could take her in. At least in the Golden Wood Sindahir would fit in, as long as they didn't look too closely at her eyes. The gray wasn't the same shade as the Galadrim. They had soft, light gray eyes like the mallorn bark. Her gray was the kind one would find among the Noldor, her father's people. Sindahir had been there for awhile, but left two days later. Deciding to go to Valinor, Sindahir made for the Gap of Rohan. Before she got far, Sindahir and Snowstar were attacked by Wargs and were forced to flee to the Misty Mountains. Sindahir had left Snowstar to fend for herself. The horse left and Sindahir started her journey in the Mountains. As she neared Caradhras, there was a blizzard. Sindahir had fought hard to stay awake but she failed and fainted.

Sindahir knew that someone had helped her. She never found out who it was. She closed her eyes and remembered the little Elfling that was so different from the others and the Elf she was now. Being in the Wild had forced her to grow up quickly. "I wonder what the guys are up to."
Old 01-12-2004, 09:14 PM   #225
Gorbadic
Pile O'Bones

Boots

Gorbadic watches as As the man moves around with his chair. And when he finaly stops he wonders why did he do that? Gorbadic shrugs his shoulders and looks over at the man. He raises his right eyebrow and says.. "What are doing? That is the question." Gorbadic nods at his own remark and wonders. He walks up to the man and leans on his leg. Gorbadic looks at the man's face and laughs. "You be wanting something from me?"

Gorbadic lifts his right hand into the air and brings it down on the back of his neck and scratches. He puts his hand back down and gets off the man's leg and wonders back over to his own chair. He sits down on it and turns around to face the man once more. "What is your name mister?" Gorbadic crosses his arms and lays hem on the back of the chair and puts his chin on his arms.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:33 PM   #226
Pyroclastic
Haunting Spirit

Pyroclastic has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Romenna looked with concern at the woman across from her at the table. Iris shuddered violently and closed her eyes, attempting to keep from crying. She looked up at Romenna, "Why do you want to help me?" She ask.

"Why do I want to help her?" Romenna ask herself. "Who died and left me in charge of the well being of all others? It's not my responsibility help this woman, it's really not even any of my business if she needs help or not. Who am I to think I can help?" She glanced back at Iris. Iris rested her head in her hand, looking down at the table surface. "What if no one had been there for me? What if the people who aided me had listened to their doubts, and left me on my own?"

Romenna’s expression firmed as she made up her mind. She reached forward and took Iris's hand in her own and said to her, "I want to help you because somebody once helped me when I needed it. But mostly I want to help you because nobody was there to help me when I needed it most. Does that make any sense?" Iris nodded slightly as she wiped away a small tear in her eye. "I don't know this blind girl of yours, I don't even know if that's why you're upset. I do know about anger. If you're angry, it doesn’t matter if it's justified or not, it's enough that you're angry, therefore something has to be done. You'll find a solution to your problem whether you accept my aid or not, but now that I've offered it, there's no good reason that you should turn it down."

Iris looked up at Romenna, "And just what is this aid you're offering?" She ask dryly.

Romenna thought for a moment as to just exactly what kind of aid she did intend to give. "A second pair of eyes, my lady, will see the danger that the first pair did not. I will suggest that we first order a meal, everyone thinks better after they've eaten. If you still trust me after supper, then we'll talk. How does that sound?"

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:36 AM January 13, 2004: Message edited by: Pyroclastic ]
Old 01-12-2004, 10:43 PM   #227
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Sting

Erulon smile and greeted his old friend. She seemed happy to see him again ,and he couldn't help but smile. Only in the shire where people so kind to him.

In all the halls of the lords and Kingships of middle earth he wouldn't recieve a greeting like this. Yet it was only normal in the Green Dragon inn.

"Yes me and Irewnath where on a journey with lots of adventures! I've got a good story to tell you. New songs to sing too. One is a fair song of the blessed realm. I know not who made it. Still it was taught to me by a master of songs. I'll tell more when we get some food and drink!"

Happy to be in the company of an old friend. They found a table and sat down. Irewnath smiled the whole time. His friend seemed to make companions every where he whent. Yet this he knew was Eruantlons nature.

Irewnath was weary from long travels. He enjoyed this time with his friend. Yet he couldn't stop himself from wandering off in his mind. To the gray havens and his peoples passing. He let his long blonde hair fee from his hood. Then took a drink of fine ale.

Erulons lips where greeted by the taste of good wholesome stout ale. He never forgot this taste. A little over a year ago he first entered this place. Through his adventures he never lost the memory of the people or his friends here.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:47 PM   #228
Melisil
Wight

Melisil has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

As she and Eruisto went to sit at a table, a young red-haired woman ran by, bumping into Eruisto. "Are you all right?" Melisil asked. He nodded and continued to seat himself.

"I guess in an Inn this popular, you get some odd characters." said he. Melisil laughed,

"Too true." she agreed, looking around the inn. She didn't feel so odd now, being an Elf in a Hobbit inn. There were many different kinds of people here, and many of different natures.

"You mentioned storytelling," Eruisto said. "Do they have it a lot around here? Do you tell stories?" Melisil nodded.

"Yes, I think they still have storytelling here. I came here once about a year or two ago later in the evening and many were telling stories, or singing a favorite song of theirs. I may tell a story, I'm not sure. I don't think I'll sing, I've already done that today." she added with a smile, "It'll be nice to hear some of the others share their stories though."

The Elf studied the faces of a few of the other patrons, yes, they had stories in them. But who would be wanting to tell theirs first? she wondered passivly.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:21 AM   #229
SonOfBombadil
Animated Skeleton

Location: In a place that is not a place, in a time that never was.
SonOfBombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

"Yes, a refill would be nice" said Lewis, "and while we're at it, we may as well order some food, it's been quite a few hours since my last meal, and I feel a hunger coming." The smell of venison floating in through the kitchen doors, was making Lewis hungry.

Let us hope, that we can leave such times behind us, thought Lewis, who was still thinking about Ravons story. Yes, leave them behind, and look forward to better times.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:33 AM   #230
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Pipe

The man looked down at Ferdibrand and asked "How are you doing my fine hobbit?" Ferdibrand got so scared so he almost started screaming. "Well, I am just fine, I guess...Hehe...Errh, How about you, stranger?" Ferdibrand said and then bowed, he moved his chair closer to the table. The stranger didnt look dangerous, and he didnt seem to know anything about who he really was. Maybe he could trust him. He pulled his coat tighter to his body. "Who are you?" Ferdibrand asked and almost had a whispering voice. The stranger moved closer to the table but then started looking at something else.

Maybe hes sent by them, to catch me and bring me to them, Ferdibrand thought and studied the strangers face, Cause of all this I am almost paranoid, but he doesnt seem to be sent by them, but I will wait and see if I can trust him. He sighed and then ordered another ale. He awaited the strangers answer with excitment.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:46 AM   #231
Er-Murazor
Pile O'Bones

Sting

"Of course you can, lady Sírabel Delone. I am pleased to meet you. My name is Eradan. Anyway, may I see that "nasty bump" on your head? In the time I have spent in the wilderness, I have had time to learn some useful things about the most usual injuries" says Eradan as he approaches Sirabel to have a look at the cut.

"And your ears were correct. I did indeed mention Carn Dum, the old fortress of the Witch King and cursed capital of Angmar. It is a dark valley almost completely sorrounded by sharp mountains and full of the ruins of the buildings of the days when it was inhabited. However, I do not think that you would want to go there. There are foul thing there. The Lord of the Rings has fallen and if we are to believe what has been said will never recover again, but some of his minions still wander the land. Some only want a place to live in solitude, but others want revenger against the light. And the Black Castle of Angmar is full of such creatures" explained the dunadan while he examined the cut.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:38 AM   #232
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Cree looked over to see where Ravon was. Luckily she's still at the fire. "Eradan I come from Eryn Lasgalen. Though your story is shocking I've learned that there is few things that frighten me." She held up her fist, calling for Avalon.

The bird flew through the air. " I have seen too much to not show mercy to some one. After all Avalon seems to show me that there is some good hidden inside you." She turned her attention to Sirabel. "I'm sorry to have to cut our conversation short Eradan but I have to go see to something. Come on Avalon. It was nice talking to you Sirabel. Your cut isn't that serious but it has began to heal. Now if you will excuse me..."

Cree got up from her set and walk towards Ravon. "Well good evening Ravon. I see you have followed me here. Now what are you going to do to me." She looked down to the elf, she knew her words were harsh.

"I'm not going to do anything. You have found peace here and so have I." Ravon motioned for Cree to take a set.

"Who is your friend here?" She looked to the figure setting in the set across from Ravon.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:28 AM   #233
Angel_Queen
Animated Skeleton

Sting

"This is Lewis, from Rohan." Ravon couldn't believe that Cree had confronted her.For the first time since I've known her she has never done this. "If I might ask who's that on your shoulder."

"Oh this is Avalon. She's one of my few friends. Nice to meet you Lewis." Ravon turned to Lewis. Now what should I do?"

"Lewis this is Cree. She's the one I told you about earlier." What has happened to her since I last saw her. She seemed so changed. "I'm sorry Lewis."
Old 01-13-2004, 09:48 PM   #234
Gorbadic
Pile O'Bones

Boots

Gorbadic, aparently bored gets up and doesnt wait for a answer from the man beside him. Gorbadic slowly walks out of the door of the Inn and leans against the outside wall of the building. He notices a couple of squrriels romping around in a nearby tree. One of the squirriels fall from the tree and hit the ground hard making a small bit of leaves and dirt fly up into the air. When the leaves and dirt sttle back on the ground the squirriel appears to be dead. Gorbadic runs over to the poor furry creature and kneels by it's not moving body and stares at it with sadness.

Gorbadic puts his right index finger out and pokes the little mammals head. With great surprise the lifeless looking body jumps straight up into the air a few inches. The squirriel runs up the tree from ealier and meets up with the other squirrel. They begin to play again with great joy like nothing had happened. Gorbadic smiles and walks back inside and walks back over to the man he left by himself. He sits back down in his chair and turns back around to face the man, and hear what he has to say.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:13 PM   #235
SonOfBombadil
Animated Skeleton

Location: In a place that is not a place, in a time that never was.
SonOfBombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Lewis watched as someone came and started talking to Ravon, and then was introduced to him as Cree. This was who Ravon had said she was following. "Oh, hello Cree, nice to meet you." Lewis thought it was odd, as he had not expected to meet Cree, from what Ravon had said before.

Lewis looked at Ravon, and she looked almost as confused as he felt. So this wasn't a regular occurance.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:30 PM   #236
Gird
Animated Skeleton

Gird has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Gird was about to answer the question, when the hobbit got up, and walked outside. Odd. He then watched as the hobbit came back in, a couple of seconds later and sat back in his seat. Gird now noticed that he was company of two hobbits, both the one he had talked to earlier about the tea, and also the odd one who kept walking around. Both seemed rather fidgety, and Gird just figured that that was the way hobbits were.

Gird had now been asked two questions, and he had to answer them both. And, being who he is, he decided to meld them into one answer. "I am doing quite well, and you sirs, can call me Gird." He then held out both of his hands to shake theirs.

Yes, it was a good blended introduction.

"I am Ugluk, I command."
Ugluk
Old 01-13-2004, 10:46 PM   #237
Gorbadic
Pile O'Bones

Boots

Gorbadic looks around and then hears the man answer. "You never told me your name mister." Gorbadic says this with a wondering voice. Also another thing wonder on Gorbadic is his eyes. His eyes were scanning the room and looking at the people in it. Gorbadic shrugs and gives one last look at the man and walks away from him. He walks back to the bar counter and asks for an Ale. The bartender nods and dissapears then in a few minutes they return with a mug of ice cold Ale. Gorbadic takes it and thnsk the person before walking away from the counter with his new drink.

Gorbadic walks back to the guy and the table and sist back down. He takes a chug of his Ale and then remembers earlier when he got a little drunk in the Inn. Gorbadic sets the Mug down on the table and stares at a picture on one of the walls in the room. The item he is looking at looks like a copy of Hobbiton. Who ever made that picture sure was good. Gorbadic drifts away from the picture and shifts his glance at his mug of Ale. Gorbadic lifts up the mug and takes a drink from it then sets it back down. He then lets out a sigh of boredom.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:37 AM   #238
Angel_Queen
Animated Skeleton

Sting

What is she doing. I should talk to her later, nows not the time. "Cree can we talk tomorrow or something? I'm a little busy right now." She watched as Cree motioned for the white crow setting on her shoulder to go back to some elf across the inn.

"Well I'm leaving in the morn. Theres something I've got to look for. I have questions I need answering. But I would like to talk to you perhaps when I return." She's leaving? Why? Where is she going? Well I shouldn't worry after all I'm not following her anymore. Its too much for me.

"Go on Cree, I'm not following you anymore. Its hard to keep up with you. Plus it seems that your crow will watch after you. I don't have to worry about you getting hurt." Ravon was becoming a sick of always chasing after someone like Cree.

"Well then I guess I better get back to my company. Goodbye Ravon, and it was nice meeting you Lewis." Cree walked away and went back to the table with Eradan and Sirabel. No longer did Ravon have to worry about Cree.

This only ment that she could have a life now. Her job here was done."Now where was we?"
Old 01-14-2004, 09:08 AM   #239
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Cree walked away from Ravon and headed back to talk to Eradan. It seemed like she hadn't left at all. "So is the cut going to be bad after all?" She looked at Sirabel.

It seems like Ravon was frighten by what I did. I've changed since she last saw me. "Eradan, is there any reason why I should be afraid of you."
Old 01-14-2004, 09:50 AM   #240
Gorbadic
Pile O'Bones

Boots

Gorbadic now totally bored now stares at his mug of cold Ale and eccasionally takes a drink of it. He spots a piece of lint on the table so he begins to flip it back and forth with his fingers. Being very bored this seems to be very amusing. Gorbadic smiles broadly then relizes it is just a small peice of lint. He quickly flips it one last time making slip across the table and fall to the other side. Gorbadic takes one last drink from his mug and slams the mug down on the table making a loud booming noise to echo through out the Inn.

Gorbadic stands up and slowly walks up to the bar with his feet being shuffled slowly. A couple of minutes later he reaches the bar counter and climbs on top of a bar stool once again. He had done this so many times here that it was becoming a habit. Gorbadic puts the mug on the counter with a loud thud. The Bartender walks into view and shakes their head at Gorbadic. "You gotta relax here bud. Dont get mean because your bored." The bartender says with a voice he could tell was also bored. Gorbadic frowns and the mug and jumps down from the stool. He walks back over to his table but doesnt sit down this time. Instead he just stands there leaning against the table's edge.