Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2003, 03:11 PM   #241
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Alak,

That would be great. Just to make certain we don't leave someone behind, I'll put a few saves on the thread. We can erase them later if they are not used.

Will the beginning of the luncheon see some reconciliation between the Dol Amroth women and their Gondorian hosts?

Cami

Cami
Old 09-19-2003, 03:32 PM   #242
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Child

So let me just make sure I have this straight.....

It's at the luncheon that Addruran will be playing the little trick of the scroll, and when this spy is leaving Addruran will have him captured, correct? However, is it necessary for Addruran to accompany the guards and prisoner to Ecthelion, or can he stay at the house with Adrama? I was originally intending to have him speak with her and propose immediately after the luncheon was over, but I don't want this to conflict with anything you had planned.

After that Adrama will receive Alethea's note and I'll head right over to where they meet. Does this work for you, Arien? And does anyone else have any objections to that.

Oh yes, Alak, I've been pondering over when Pelien should have the argument with Adrama about Addruran, and I think it might be best if Adrama is stopped by her mother on the way out the door to meet with Alethea. Is that all right? My idea was that you could do a post where Pelien stops her, questions her, finds out, and argues against it, and then I'll do a post in which Adrama will say something (that something is already in my mind) that will win her mother over (probably not a happy agreement, but reluctant consent) and Adrama will leave. Then I'll get to the meeting.

Does all this sound all right?
Old 09-19-2003, 04:58 PM   #243
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Nuru,

OK, I get it. Spilling the beans and reconciliation comes after the lunch. Sorry about my earlier misunderstanding!

Now on to your query.

Quote:
So let me just make sure I have this straight.....

It's at the luncheon that Addruran will be playing the little trick of the scroll, and when this spy is leaving Addruran will have him captured, correct? However, is it necessary for Addruran to accompany the guards and prisoner to Ecthelion, or can he stay at the house with Adrama? I was originally intending to have him speak with her and propose immediately after the luncheon was over, but I don't want this to conflict with anything you had planned.
Yes, you can play it any way you want but that is the gist of what happens. Spy sneaks out and picks up the scroll. Spy reads scroll. Spy either sneaks out or makes an excuse to leave.

Also remember, there is a real live poster playing this character so he could throw you a fastball or two. Just improvise and roll with the punches. Good luck! Just remember that Addruran's future depends on this!

In any case, you can capture the spy at the front door (unless he leaves by the window in which case you'll stop him there!)

I don't think it would be absolutely necessary for Addruran to go back immediately with the prisoner. He can send four guards ahead with the man, and promise to come later to Eckthelion. (That later scene of their meeting will not need to be played out on the thread given our shortness of time.)

Hope this helps.

[ September 19, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 09-19-2003, 08:23 PM   #244
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Dol Amroth Women

I hate to do this, but i am having my first proper holiday in ages, im flying to Sydney tomorrow so for the next 5 days i wont be near a computer. Ill post again before i leave late tonight. I really am kicking myself, so could you guys keep Vieana in as an active character still, id hate for her to miss out on the luncheon.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 09-20-2003, 09:36 AM   #245
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

I'm on vacation as of now and I don't have time to write out a post but if you all could, perhaps it would be prudent to mention something of Rhir's death in your posts? I'm looking for sympathy towards Dryea. She deserves some right about now eh? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]-Maikafanawen
Old 09-21-2003, 10:13 PM   #246
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Everdawn - I will carry Vieana along with Averyll through the luncheon. Have a good vacation!

BTW.. I filled my save in which Averyll reacts to the invitation to the luncheon.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:17 PM   #247
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

Nuru

Quote:
After that Adrama will receive Alethea's note and I'll head right over to where they meet. Does this work for you, Arien?
That is fine, Alethea will be waiting.

Elora, check your PM's please!
Old 09-24-2003, 02:16 PM   #248
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Dryea, Alethea, Ruiel,

Very nice posts!

Luncheon crowd,

I know Nurumaiel still has a save to fill in regarding the placement of the scroll and the women at the luncheon.

Once that's filled in, can we move forward to uncovering the spy, or is there something else that needs doing. Please let me know on the thread or by pm.

Can we get through the luncheon this week and the capture of the spy? The spy part itself should go very quickly so it's more a matter of getting through the preliminaries between the women.

Then we could do the masquerade beginning on Monday.

Is this realistic or not?

Cami
Old 09-24-2003, 02:21 PM   #249
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Apologies for not having posted in - well, a while - but school has been rather hectic, and I haven't really felt Elena was needed in any particular place. Holiday weekend coming up now, though, so I will get something up.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:03 PM   #250
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

SAVE filled! I hope those at the luncheon who have never met Addruran before don't go by first impressions or they will really avoid him in the future. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Child,
Thanks for prompting me to get that SAVE filled in. It only took me about 30 minutes when I actually sat down and did it. I've been spending a lot of time in prayer since Saturday, but I think I would please Him more by fulfilling my duties as soon as possible.

Nova and Dol Amroth Ladies,
I gave your characters some dialog, and hopefully nothing is out of character for them. If it is let me know and I'll edit.

Thanks!

~Nuru
Old 09-24-2003, 03:24 PM   #251
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nuru- your handling of the Dol Amroth ladies looks great. Thanks!
Old 09-24-2003, 04:01 PM   #252
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No one has mentioned the arrival of the "suspects". Are we assuming they arrive while Adrama was talking with the Dol Amroth girls, or should I insert something? It just seems a little strange that Addruran is doing his "act" and we haven't said that the three guards are there.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:26 PM   #253
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Nurumaiel,

I love it!

Alak,

I do think that we need a post where the three guards arrive. I had seen that as part of the save I did entitled: The Luncheon Begins.

I am assuming several things about this post.

First, the three guards will arrive and be welcomed by Pelien and the young ladies.

Second, Addruran's initial rant was to the ladies only, but they will continue to discuss the incident and the guards will definitely hear about it, if only in terms of a young maiden or two teasing the young Addruran for his presumed pomposity!

Thirdly, the lunch itself will begin...

While we might normally like to act this out step-by-step, in the interests of time, we will want a simple narrative now by a single poster describing this.

Alak - Could you do a post like this by Lady Pelien as she observes what is going on and then put it up on the discussion thread? I will paste it into the save spot under your name. Then, if there's anything else I need to do to lead in to the spy's actions, I'll paste my own words up under that.

Please let me know.....

Cami

[ September 24, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 09-24-2003, 05:43 PM   #254
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Child

I apologize; it totally slipped my mind that the guards had not arrived yet. What I think would work is if, when the post where they arrive is finished, I cut the post I just finished in half and move the second half, where Addruran brags about his important papers, to a place after that. I wrote that section thinking the guards had already arrived, and I mentioned how one of the men (the spy), asked him a question about the papers he (Addruran) was talking about.

EDIT: Actually, I take it back. If I just edit out the part of the 'young man' asking Addruran about the note, I could have the pleasure of doing another post. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I absolutely love seeing Addruran act this way.
[img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ September 24, 2003: Message edited by: Nurumaiel ]
Old 09-24-2003, 07:00 PM   #255
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Sting

Cami - I would love to do it, so count the post as in the works, and I will be sure to cover all the points you mentioned.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:11 PM   #256
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Alak and Nuru,

You should both go ahead and do your posts and put them on the discussion thread. I'll be responsible for weaving them together. If necessary, I'll add a transition sentence or two, or edit a phrase or two so they fit together more closely.

Alak - Make sure to say that the guards have arrived and that the ladies are all talking about the scroll.

Nuru - Go ahead and erase the material that doesn't fit into the earlier post and put it here for inclusion in the later one.

Please try to do this as soon as you can. I have a spy who's hot on my tail and sending me pms! We need to move quickly...

Thank you for your help with this.

Cami

[ September 25, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 09-25-2003, 10:57 AM   #257
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Child

I'm a little bit confused. I think I know what you'd like me to do, but I'd like to check and make sure: You'd like me to do a post with Addruran boasting and talking about the scroll with the young gentlemen present?

I'll get that done today, probably sometime in the afternoon.

Sorry, spy, for making you wait so long! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2003, 11:29 AM   #258
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Alak and Nuru,

Yes, my post wasn't very clear.

The best thing would be for Pelien (Alak) to introduce the three guards to the ladies and start the actual lunch.

Then Addruran (Nuru) could start shooting off his mouth.

I will splice the two together and provide any needed transition.

Cami
Old 09-25-2003, 11:32 AM   #259
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Alak,

Please check your pms. Thanks.

Cami
Old 09-25-2003, 11:32 AM   #260
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Alak,

Please check your pms. Thanks.

Cami
Old 09-25-2003, 05:21 PM   #261
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Addruran had remained fairly silent up till the arrival of the other men, but when they arrived it was clear to Adrama that he was preparing himself to tell them about the papers in some way or another. She decided to help him a little. Standing, she gave a graceful curtsey to the men and said, "Good day, sirs. Please, do sit down. You haven't missed much talk, and the luncheon has not, naturally, begun without you." Sitting down, she smiled at Addruran. "We were just talking about Addruran's new position in Ecthelion's court."

Addruran felt relief come surging over him. Adrama had solved the problem as to how to start speaking about the important papers. Putting a smug look on his face, he nodded.

Brigon grinned rather hesitantly at Addruran. "This is new to me," he said. "What happened that gained you this new position?"

"I am in charge of delivering an important message from Ecthelion," Addruran replied. "I don't have it with me to show you; it's near the door on top of my cloak. But I remember what it says perfectly. It is an order to attack the corsairs, to say it shortly."

"Are you sure Ecthelion won't mind you telling this to us?" Athadan asked.

Addruran, in an attitude of extreme carelessness, said lightly, "Oh, he won't mind."

Adrama choked on a biscuit she had taken from a plate while no one was looking, and Pelien looked at her sternly, reprimanding her for taking the biscuit before they'd begun to eat and threatening to give the plan away at the same time. While Pelien wasn't looking, Adrama stretched out to put the biscuit back, but it slipped from her hand and rolled under the feet of Athadan. She paused for a few moments, then looked up, to find with a shock that Vieana was looking at her. But the lady of Dol Amroth smiled reassuringly at her, and Adrama decided then and there that she would be fast friends with the three ladies from that moment onward.

"-very important, yes," Addruran was saying. "If they should fall into the wrong hands, Ecthelion would surely behead me. However, I know I can trust all of you. That is why I tell you all this. If I thought any of you might be willing to sell that note for much money, or even be a spy for the corsairs, I would not tell you."

"It's very flattering that you put so much trust in us, Addruran," Aranarth said sincerely. "I hope all of us shall live up to your expectations, and I believe that none of us will disappoint you. But all the same, are you sure it is wise to tell everyone this?"

While Addruran made a very weak reply, Adrama crossed Aranarth off her list of suspects. He had really meant what he had just said, and he couldn't be the spy. Of course, if he were as good an actor as he were a spy, things could be different. Brigon had acted a little nervous when he had heard of Addruran's new position, but that was foolishness. He couldn't have known that 'new position' was the result of an 'attack on the corsairs.' Please let the spy be found out soon, Adrama thought. And don't let be Addruran be hurt when they're surrounding him. Please, don't let Addruran be hurt. She had suddenly realized how dangerous it was for Addruran to be hunting this spy. If the latter was armed, Addruran could be hurt. He was very brave...

Something flickered inside of her, but she drove it away. That was foolishness, and it couldn't be true.

=========================================

Hope that's all right! Off to edit my other post now and correct the errors in it.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:37 PM   #262
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Pipe

I'm sorry I'm not able to get anything up tonight...I have a paper due tomorrow, but I will have something for you tomorrow afternoon or early evening.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:38 PM   #263
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Thanks Alak for letting us know. And good luck with your work for school. We'll look forward to your post.

Nuru - That looks fine. What a terrible braggard Addruran is. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'll wait till Alak posts to paste them both on the game thread and weave them together as needed.

Cami

[ September 25, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 09-26-2003, 06:34 PM   #264
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ealasaide: Thanks for taking Vieana along! you saved my life!

Wow, this little party that is going on looks very interesting....

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 09-27-2003, 09:00 AM   #265
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Sting

Hi!

I know I haven't been writing lately in this RPG, but just tell me if you want me to post a post for the maid, Betuli.

I've read the RPG so, just give me a 'hint' and I'll do a post.

Thanks [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2003, 06:10 PM   #266
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Sting

Sorry about the time issue, but here is the post. Please let me know if anything needs editing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pelien sat motionless in her high-backed chair listening to the sound of the guards in the next room with her husband. When she watched them filing through the door just moments before, the reality and significance of what was happening in her own home left her in an almost dazed state. Thankfully, Adrama had taken the young ladies into another room, so she didn’t have to hide her nervousness. For the first time, Pelien thoroughly contemplated the possibilities of who the spy might be and what would happen if and when he was caught. What if we can’t catch him? I will be a disgrace in the Steward’s eyes. Her long fingers squeezed the arms of the chair until her knuckles were white. She’d never considered what would happen if they were unsuccessful this afternoon, or what if…What if he lashes out violently? If violence occurred she hoped that Sador would stay out of it. Even though she knew he was a fully capable and respectable soldier, he was her love and she didn’t want him in any danger. Pelien let the air she had been unconsciously holding slowly escape through her lips.

Sador and Addruran returned from the garden and while Pelien’s husband paused next to his wife, Addruran, who looked almost giddy to Pelien, instinctively went in search of Adrama. With one eyebrow raised, Pelien looked up at her husband, but Sador’s only reply was a warm, handsome smile and the gentle squeeze of his hand on her shoulder. As soon as Sador offered his hand to help Pelien up from the chair, Rummel appeared in the doorway announcing that the remainder of the guests was currently coming up the walkway. Pelien inhaled deeply and grasped Sador’s still-outstretched hand. Nodding at one another with the same look of encouragement, Sador and Pelien entered the foyer to greet their guests.

Three young men in full uniform crossed the threshold taking their hats off as they entered. Their faces automatically lifted as their eyes wandered over the décor of Sador and Pelien’s home.

“Welcome to our home, Gentlemen. I’m so glad you were able to join us this afternoon.” Pelien stood proud and tall as she smiled amiably at the young men. Adrama, who must have heard her mother’s voice, led the ladies from Dol Amroth into the foyer to meet their companions for the afternoon. “Oh, good, Ladies, I would like you to meet Brigon, Athadan, and Aranarth.” The guards each nodded respectfully as his name was spoken, and the young ladies smiled charmingly batting their eyelashes. “Here we have the Ladies Averyll, Elen, and Vieana.” Each of the ladies offered her hand, and the young men seemed eager to take them. “Sador, would you mind showing the men to the cloak room, so they can lay down their cloaks and weapons?”

“Of course I don't mind, Dear.” Pelien watched as her husband led the guards around the corner to the cloak room. As soon as they were out of sight, she threw Addruran a questioning glance. He nodded answering her without words…the trap had been set.

In just a moment the men returned. “Now let us proceed to the dining room where we may speak more comfortably.” Pelien smiled the gracious smile of an experienced hostess, and after taking her husband’s arm, she led them to the dining table that was lavishly set for the luncheon. The mannerly men remained standing until the women were seated, and Rummel and her sister immediately began pouring wine for all the guests.

[ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: alaklondewen ]
Old 09-28-2003, 07:29 AM   #267
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Not being really sure what I should post, I just have Elena going to see how Dryea is feeling. Just let me know if it interferes with anything else, and I can edit it.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:53 AM   #268
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Nuru, Alak,

Your posts are up. Now we will wait to see what the spy does.

Cami
Old 09-28-2003, 03:09 PM   #269
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Your spy now has the letter, and is on the loose, and apparently armed with his wits and his blades . . .

~~ Pio [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

[ September 28, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 09-28-2003, 05:52 PM   #270
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Whoops! This wasn't exactly part of my plans. That crazy spy has escaped with the dispatch! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Nurumaiel, please see your pms as soon as possible! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Cami
Old 09-28-2003, 06:19 PM   #271
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Child

Thanks for the save! I'll see if I can finish the post today.

So, at last the spy is revealed, as well as the one who will be playing him! Hello, Pio. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

EDIT: Manardariel, your PM box is full so I'm contacting you this way. What you said sounded absolutely fine. I'd much appreciate if you altered Denethor's dialog, but I haven't a problem with Finduilas. After all, Adrama thought mucht the same thing of Finduilas' sister and her friends! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for your quick response and ready help.

[ September 28, 2003: Message edited by: Nurumaiel ]
Old 09-29-2003, 12:49 PM   #272
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

My post is up! Acting on Pio's instructions, I had Athadan attack Addruran. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Just let me know when you'd like me to do the Addruran and Adrama scene.
Old 09-29-2003, 01:37 PM   #273
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Sting

I have posted too. I thought it was important to get Sador's view of the whole Addruran-Adrama thingy. Anyway, Alak-do you want a scene where Pelien and Sador are together discussing the marrige between the two of them?

This will of course not take place until Addruran has asked Adrama... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks!

*nova* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2003, 12:01 AM   #274
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Eckthelion has now made arrangements for a little something to surprise Dryea at the betrothal party....

One way or another, we need to finish this game this weekend. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I will post the beginning of the betrothal party tomorrow afternoon. I will also include several saves before the party starts in case anyone has unfinished business -- marriage proposals and such.

Please remember that everyone will be told Athedan's arrest was a dreadful mistake. Only Addruran and Lady Pelien and her family will actually be told the truth by Eckthelion. Of course it is possible that others will suspect....

Maika - Get your "party" post ready that we discussed.

Elora - Get your "rescue" post ready.

We could also use a reflection or two by Alethea!

Anyone else is welcome to sneak in with you two cents before the game winds up!

Cami
Old 09-30-2003, 01:07 AM   #275
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Okey Dokey....

Hmmmm, who will Ruiel rescue? Anyone other than herself? :evil
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 09-30-2003, 10:33 AM   #276
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Should I put up a SAVE for Addruran's talk and proposal to Adrama? Alak and Alethea, do you think we can get Pelien's short arguement and the meeting of the two girls done really, really soon? I consider those two scenes rather essential to the game, and wouldn't want them to be passed over in our rush! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2003, 11:21 AM   #277
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Just a general comment....if anyone thinks that they might need a save, go ahead and put it up. If you don't use it, I'll simply erase it before the game is hauled off to Elvenhome.

While we normally like to have saves filled in within 24 hours, I realize this is a special situation, and, if your schedule is busy, you might be completing your posts on the weekend.

Remember too that I can slot posts into any box with your name written in. Just paste the post on the discussion thread with a note, and tell me where you'd like to see it go (date, time, first or last post in the box).

sharon

[ September 30, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 09-30-2003, 02:46 PM   #278
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Is there anything that Emilia could do in the coming up posts? Right now I feel a bit lost. If there's nothing specific that might be her last post.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 09-30-2003, 03:13 PM   #279
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Lyra,

I sympathize. It has been so hard to hold a game this large together with everyone understanding what's going on and feeling part of it.

One thing does come to mind, both for you and the other characters... The betrothal party itself might be a "good time" to make up with Finduilas and/or the women from the "other camp". You allude to this in your post. The latter is true for characters from both sides of the fence.

Since we now have a limited time frame, I would suggest doing this in a single post, having them answer politely. I don't think anyone would object at this point, as long as you don't make someone who's not your character jump off the roof or anything ridiculous! I think this would be possible for all the folk in this story.

It's not required but it would give us more of a sense of closure. The other possibilty would be to go up and welcome Alethea to Gondor. She will probably be secretly relieved that her family has gotten away and she is free to stay.

(The Steward will do a welcoming speech.)

Don't know if this helps.

Cami
Old 09-30-2003, 03:20 PM   #280
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Late tonight I should have the post up opening the betrothal party....

I have saved a few spaces and can slot other posts in as needed. Go ahead and save something if you think you'll need to straighten out some problems prior to the party.

Cami