Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2003, 12:35 AM   #81
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Annunfuiniel,

A good idea. See your pms for details.

Pio,

When it comes time to set up the game thread, please put the initial posts up (in the order shown above on the list) even before we get any from the other posters. The only one we'll need to hold out will be Tara's.

There may be a slight addition to Annunfuiniel's first post for Rosco. It will come at the very end of the post.

Cami/Child
Old 09-17-2003, 01:05 AM   #82
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The Game Thread is up and closed. You can refer would be players there to see how the first part of the Game looks.

Just put the additional parts of Annun's post on the planning thread - or better yet, PM them to me.

I will also need whatever name it is she wants filled in on her Rosco Woodfarer post.

Taralphiel can place her post when the time comes or one of us can place it for her if need be.

[ September 17, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 09-20-2003, 09:04 PM   #83
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Sting

Character Description Form:

Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES, Hobbit's Gift

How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? None

Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES – The Green Dragon.

For your character please include:

NAME: Rudgar

RACE: Men

WEAPONS: A dull, heavy sword. Some thick leather clothing to protect his body. His fast thinking and equally fast feet.

APPEARANCE: Tall and lanky. He's very stealthy. He has dirty blonde hair. Not dark hair, just dirty from sleeping everywhere outside. He has piercing green eyes and is about 6'5". He wears a dingy pair of brown leather pants. His shirt is grey and his boots are black. He wears a brown leather vest, too. He blends into the landscape when it's dark.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: His strengths are his stealth, his sharp wits and ability to plan ahead. He knows how to get in and out of a situation without getting too badly hurt. He's a skilled thief and knows just the right time to disappear.

His ego is easily his biggest weakness. He knows he's good. He also thinks he's better than he really is. He bites off more than he can chew some times. He can be very dangerous to anyone he's decided to make a victim. But mostly, he tries to get out of situations with his stealth and not have to fight.

HISTORY: He had no family when the village he lived in burned down. He had nowhere to go. His skills made him an outsider when he lived in the village. At first he went his own way with some other thieves who aren't very good. But, in his first post for the game, he will decide to leave these fellows and join up with the scouting party that waits nearby from his own village.

Unlike most people, Rudgar is better off living on the road than he was before in the village where he was scorned. Everyone seems to like him better, since he's the best chicken thief you'll find. He is now on his way to make a better living with their help. He's not an evil person. He is just a smalll-time thief who does what he needs to survive.

FIRST POST:

"Shhhhhh be quiet," Rudgar baited his two friends.

"We are being quiet!" they replied in an angry whisper.

The chicken house was twenty yards away. It was late and the farmer was sleeping, hopefully vary hard. The three companions moved quietly together. "Now you too stay here and watch out for me. Alright?" The two shook their heads in agreement.

All three hunched over trying to hide in plain sight. Rudgar moved without a sound and then entered the little house. There were plenty of fat chickens there. Lots of good eggs. He would have dinner and breakfast in one shot.

Let's see, there you go into the bag. Yes, you too, and you, and you. I'll fill this bag up tonight and come back with another tomorrow if all goes well, he thought to himself.

Now to get out of here safely. He opened the door quietly and saw the face of the farmer there in front of him. "Hello there, sir, and good night to you." Clunk went the flat of the sword on the farmer's head.

It seemed the farmer had slipped past his friends from behind. The man was going in to get a snack of eggs it seemed, since he a sack with him and a frying pan. Yet,those two idiots never even saw him. What were they doing and why had they let him get by?

Rudgar grinned. No eggs for you , Mister Farmer. Just a good solid whack on the head. Good thing I'm a quick clunker. No one ever gets the drop on me.

He chuckled to himself as he walked out. His friends seemed shocked to see him as he turned on them angrily, "That old coot walked right past you. Your eyes must be going bad." He looked at them in disbelief.

When his village had been attacked, Rudgar had gone off on his own and kept away from the main party of the refugees. He had just lent his services to some locals from Bree that had lost their home whom he'd met on the road. Now they almost got him hurt. They would be going hungry if it wasn't for him. Of course, he took most of the chickens and eggs for himself, but that was beside the point. He was hired by these people to get them something to eat.

"You were too scared to take on an old farmer now, weren't you?" He yelled at them.
"You hid behind the chicken house while he came out. You saw the frying pan and got scared, didn't you?"

I've got to get into the company of better thieves, he thought. Maybe I will join up with the party of scouts who are camped out not too far from Bree. I can't go around like this with farmers for the rest of my life. I will join up with my people again. It's just too hard to do things this way.

He walked them back to the deserted shack where they now lived, smiling all the way. "What's got you in such a good mood? What you smilin' about, eh?" they questioned.

"Just the chance of better things with better thieves that I know of around here." Then he walked off into the night, heading for the scout's camp. He wanted a chance at big-time loot and maybe they could get it by all working together.

My next post would be approaching Lothar. He would be asking about joining the bandits. Hes vary quit and vary skilled. Hes just waiting for his chance to get out of chicken stealing.

[ September 20, 2003: Message edited by: Eruantalon ]
Old 02-24-2004, 02:57 PM   #84
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
~*~ To Elvenhome ~*~