Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2007, 05:19 PM   #1201
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Looks fine, Pio!

Maybe I can do one more little follow-up post later this evening.
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 12-30-2007, 05:23 PM   #1202
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I've been out of town this last week, but I'm glad to come back and find things moving here! I'll be able to write something up tomorrow.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:20 AM   #1203
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Just so everyone has a reference for the Orkish words I used:

Orkish & the Black Speech from the Ardalambion site.

Looking forward to seeing how this situation works out.
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 12-31-2007, 02:01 AM   #1204
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tevildo -

I used Azhar just a little. Let me know if anything should be changed. I'll try to get something up for Aiwendil tomorrow.

Tevildo or Folwren...feel free to use Gwella as needed. She's trying to help the kids but presumably gets stuck herself. We need to develop this thing slowly so that the other side of the plot --the incident involving the orcs and Rog--- has time to play itself out. At some point presumably, someone has to go and ask for help....

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 12-31-2007 at 02:14 AM.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:48 AM   #1205
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Nogrod - In the last paragraph of your last post, you have Grask running and hiding himself in one of the female Orcs' laps - would you mind changing this? Having never known a maternal figure, he wouldn't see this as the same source of comfort that most children would. I'm writing my post to have him run around behind the females and shield himself there. (Otherwise I really like your post though.)
Old 12-31-2007, 10:11 AM   #1206
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
Nogrod - In the last paragraph of your last post, you have Grask running and hiding himself in one of the female Orcs' laps - would you mind changing this?
Sure. No problem.

Great to see all this posting!

And the thing going on in the pit looks interesting indeed. I've already fallen in love with Gwella!
Old 12-31-2007, 10:17 AM   #1207
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yes, it does look interesting. Pity Athwen's the one coming - she's one of the smallest grown-ups that could possibly have come to help...
Old 12-31-2007, 11:09 AM   #1208
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Alrighty, I posted under the assumption that the pit was carved out of rock. I remember in earlier posts when Kwell and Azhar were kept captive there that they were surrounded by stone. If this is the case, the people down there should have something to cling to. Once all of them are at the wall, the danger will quickly become the water rising and filling the entire pit up to the ceiling.

We need help, that means.

-- Folwren
Old 12-31-2007, 11:20 AM   #1209
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
We need help, that means.
I think the way I ended up my last post would give an incentive for many people to go back there and check the situation.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:19 PM   #1210
Child of the 7th Age

Tevildo,

I just got a note from Hilde. I believe help is on the way in the shape of a dwarf. Could you possibly have Azhar run into him and ask him to come back to the pit. Remember that one of the girls is still trapped by a rock.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:57 PM   #1211
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
After a week and a half of no internet, I've finally returned to the BD. I admit, I'm surprised to see so much activity here. Thank you Nogrod for getting this RPG going again. I was worried it would completely die out just like one of the last RPGs I was in.

Anyways, I did manage to read everything, though rather quickly. I can't say how soon I'll write my next post, though I will be sure to do so once I get the opportunity. My winter break has been busy with travel disasters and family stuff thus far, but I'm home and aside from making preparations for next semester, I should have enough time to do some writing. I'm studying abroad starting mid-January, so I'm afraid my time will be limited after that though I cannot say how much so.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:39 PM   #1212
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Telvildo,

Make that the shape of a hobbit if you would. Carl is off alone by the wagon, which I think could be as near the pit as you like. I hope to fill in the save very soon with a short post, so that you know what Azhar is likely to find him up to.

All she need do is ask, and he'll come running.

(Nice to be feeling somewhat human again! )
Old 12-31-2007, 09:46 PM   #1213
Child of the 7th Age

Hilde,

Whoops! My apologies.....calling a hobbit a dwarf. I thought hobbit and wrote dwarf. Actually, I am missing Durelin's Vrór.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:19 AM   #1214
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
A hobbit it is...

My intro is up. Hilde, if you need something changed, tell me.

And happy new year, everyone.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:29 AM   #1215
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Could anyone of you people writing about things going on at the pit consider someone there Azhar, Athwen, Carl... or one of the children calling loudly for help?

That could have interesting consequences as people wittnessing the other drama are right now quite worried about there being more orcs around and scared for the sake of their youth...
Old 01-01-2008, 09:19 AM   #1216
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Thanks Tevildo, it's perfect. I'm hoping to get another post in this morning.

Not to worry Child I'm also missing Vror, and very much wish he could be there to help out.

And Nogrod I have an idea for a bit of noise, if everyone deems it the right timing. I'm wondering if it should happen after Rog's situation/ploy has played out though.

Happy 2008 everyone!

EDIT: The post is up. Please let me know if I need to change anything. I might not be able to peek in again until tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited by Hilde Bracegirdle; 01-01-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:55 PM   #1217
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Let's keep up with the involvement...

This one still needs a push and we have done it nicely the last days. Let's not just think it will go on by itself from now on.

If you don't post I will.

And that's a threat!

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-02-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #1218
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

So, is it pretty much the consensus that you are going to kill those captive Orcs? No one has spoken up about any other sort of deal; that's the sense I get from Nogrod's last post.

If so - then I need to figure out something to do with Rôg and Undómë will need to do something with her 2 characters.

Was Lindil or Aiwendil going to chime in?
Old 01-03-2008, 07:47 PM   #1219
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Pio, his last post (if you're talking about the last one here on this thread) was humorous...almost sarcasm, methinks. His threat was commical. He's not killing any orcs.

I believe that the plan is to have everyone distracted by the kids in the pit, though how that will cure the problem entirely, I'm not yet certain.

Whatever the case, you're right. Things do need to be figured out with Rog and Undome's two characters.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:10 PM   #1220
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel View Post
So, is it pretty much the consensus that you are going to kill those captive Orcs? No one has spoken up about any other sort of deal; that's the sense I get from Nogrod's last post.
Ahh... sorry!

Child wishes to get Makdush killed and a row in the crowd would make a good explanation why someone kills Makdush in sudden anger (someone just jumps on one of the orcs and that happens to be Makdush) before anyone can stop the act.

I should have said that...

Other orcs should stay alive I believe.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:18 PM   #1221
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel View Post
that's the sense I get from Nogrod's last post.
If you refer to my last post in the actual thread then I think I need to explain it shortly.

It seemed that everyone (our characters) would be for letting the orcs live - and why not as it's our aim in the end. Now just a moment ago they were ready to kill them. There needed be some credible opposition so I tried to bring that forwards in my last posts in the thread so that our characters could argue against an openly spoken "let's kill them" mentality.

I've never wished for the orcs to die (I even opposed Child's decision to kill Makdush - well I lightly protested to her about it - but surely it's her character and she can do with him whatever she wishes). On the contrary. Writing the orcs has been one of the most interesting things of this game!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #1222
Child of the 7th Age

I've put up a save for Aiwendil and Lindir, which I'll try to fill late tonight. Tolkien quite clearly states that, if an orc ever begged for mercy, the free peoples would be obliged to extend that mercy. Perhaps my two characters can be very clear about that.

Yes, I would like Makdush to die at some point, but not now..... I can think of several ways that his death could contribute to the story line. We'll just see how things play out. My guess is that, even if the orcs and uruk agree to travel with the larger band, they will not be in total agreement on the wisdom of so doing. Not that ANY of the orcs would be %100 enthusiastic about travelling with a group of humans, but some may be more or less hostile.

I've spoken with Regin about his characters. He sees no way he can participate in an RPG before the summer. I agreed to carry Ishkur, and I feel he is more central to the plot than Makdush.

My personal preference is that the group decide, with some misgivings, not to execute the orcs. However, I also think that the decision to travel together would not come at this time. Surely, the fact that Gwella, of her own free will, offered to help the children would have some bearing on this.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #1223
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

The exchange of the captive Orcs for Rôg would offer the humans at least one way of saving face about letting the perceived enemy go. Saving one of their fellowship would take precedence over letting him be killed, don't you think?

Or it's at least a credible point to start in making that decision . . . or so it seems to me.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #1224
Child of the 7th Age

Undómë -

I could definitely live with that. I'll try to take that into account as I do my post.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:40 AM   #1225
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Quote:
Child wishes to get Makdush killed ....
Aww darn, I really enjoy reading about Makdush!
Old 01-04-2008, 12:05 PM   #1226
Child of the 7th Age

Ah, but his death will mean something, and I won't kill him off unless this is so.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:03 PM   #1227
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

I could do a post where Azhar runs over to tell everyone what's happened to the children, but before that would anyone like to do any further posts in response to Lindir on the release of the orcs and/or Rog? Or shall I just add a sentence or two at the beginning of my own post, mentioning that the orcs are now free?
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.

Last edited by Tevildo; 01-05-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:15 PM   #1228
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Hey Tevildo!

I just put up a SAVE - I'll try to get something up a little later that leaves the Orcs freed and Rôg back with the fellowship.

Does that sound alright?

~*~ Pio
Old 01-06-2008, 12:16 AM   #1229
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Meow....meow!

Sounds good to me.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:04 AM   #1230
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Tevildo

I've left a lead in for Azhar or someone to bring the news of the children's plight.....

Old 01-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #1231
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'll write a few lines for Gwerr (and possibly some of the other male orcs) to put things a bit forwards on that front as well.

The pit-scene looks great!
Old 01-08-2008, 06:50 PM   #1232
Child of the 7th Age

Quote:
“Yes, hobbits are infinitely more frightening then goblins!”
A true classic!

I'll try to get something up for Gwella and maybe Regin's Ishkur late tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 01-08-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:09 PM   #1233
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Thanks, Child.

Nogrod, I wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading your latest installment. I found Gwerr's reasoning to be very believable!
Old 01-17-2008, 12:45 PM   #1234
Child of the 7th Age

OK, OK...we don't want thisstory to grind to a complete halt again. I will try very hard to get something up for Gwella and Ishkur in the next day or so. If anyone else wants to go before me, however, please be my guest!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:26 PM   #1235
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'd like to see something happening with the orcs and men as now my post is last in there and I wouldn't like to carry that scene alone. So I'll wait for you Child at least to post first.

Anyway Lommy and A Little Green will be here the weekend so I will not post a lot until Sunday evening.

I might consider also making Hadith pull back from the scene with orcs as he might be too baffled to follow it and to make him notice there's a trouble at the pit... I'm not too sure, looking at his character, if it's believable (as I think he would stay and see the end of the matter between the orcs and men but I could come up with something). I mean if we need helpers at the pit Hadith might be just the right person...
Old 01-17-2008, 09:17 PM   #1236
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I will try to post something this weekend. As of now, I have nothing planned going on. Not only that, but it's supposed to be extremely cold these next few days, so I highly doubt I'll be much tempted to do anything outside. Therefore, I'm hoping for a chance to sit down and catch up to all three of the RPGs that I'm behind in.

-- Folwren
Old 01-28-2008, 08:42 AM   #1237
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

It looks like I need to either open the situation with the exchanging of prisoners or to find out a reason why Hadith would leave the scene to find the trouble at the pit... Unless someone comes up with better ideas.

Let's not kill this off now as we just got it going again!
Old 02-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #1238
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Do I need to post something drastic enough you all will oppose enough to start posting again?

Maybe I will make a few humans (those who were ready to slit the throats of the captured orcs in the beginning added with a few others) to attack the orcs while there is the change going on and turn it to a bloodbath? And who would be alive after that? Well, no one can tell...

Or maybe I should write Qat coming to see the problem at the pit and rescuing the children - and killing the nasty orc-child who complicated the things too much with his bare hands?

Or do you have better ideas?
Old 02-01-2008, 08:40 PM   #1239
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

lol!! Less drastic means might be used. I suggest PMs first of all. Patience secondly. And motivation, third. I need the motivation...I will try to post for Athwen this weekend.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:27 AM   #1240
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
lol!! Less drastic means might be used.

Just testing the waters to see if anyone is still around...