The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2005, 06:53 PM   #281
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

I had a dream wher all the hobbits out of the shire were kidnapped then it was up to Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Eomer, and some dude (that's what everyone called him) to save them. So they all took part in the battle for Isengard, but the thing was it was in my kitchen on the counter and the five guys wjho set out to save the hobbits killed all the uraks from my countertop. Then they went into the basement (go figure) of Isengard and it looks a lot like Barnes and Nobles, and Aragorn says "thanks for looking after them Chewie". Then Chewbacca stands up in the middle of all these hobbits and waves. I woke up then and fell back to sleep only to start the dream over from the hobbit's point of view
Old 02-07-2005, 07:21 PM   #282
TomBrady12
Haunting Spirit

TomBrady12 has just left Hobbiton.
wow Kitanna, sounds like you've nearly acomplished one of your life goals now for spontaneous combustion!
TomBrady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:39 PM   #283
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
I once had a dream that one of the LOTR actors got mad at my brother and started chasing him around the yard. What makes this even better is that A) we live in the woods B) our yard is huge C) it was dark out and D) I immediately started helping both my bro and the actor (ah treachery...I love it ). As it is though, I don't remember how that turned out, or who it was chasing my brother...ah well...
Old 02-08-2005, 01:35 PM   #284
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Wow... I just had a dream about LOTR. Handy that this thread happened to pop up again, isn't it?

I dreamed that I got drafted into the army and we were going to war. I suddenly realized that I was just drafted into the ancient Japanese army and that they killed women who joined. (I don't know why. I'm not Japanese and I've never been to Japan. Too many videogames, I guess. CURSE YOU, DYNASTY WARRIORS!) Anyway, I put on a helmet to disguise myself and tried to sneak away.

I ended up running into Legolas, who handed me a bow and told me to hide with him under a bridge so we could attack the invading army when they came through. (I have no idea why the elf army joined forces with the ancient Japanese army, but they did. Maybe this was a reflection of some sort of trauma in my subconcious. Or it could be that I was up till 1 am playing video games last night...) The army arrived and Legolas told me not to shoot until he did. The first horse passed safely under the bridge and no one attacked him. Then Legolas started shooting. I tried to help, but I kept hitting their horses instead of them. Then he stopped suddenly. A man walked under the bridge. He didn't see us at first. I asked Legolas why he wasn't shooting and he said that the man had a dart gun filled with poison. The man turned around and pointed the gun at Legolas. He shot... and I woke up.

What did I eat last night?? Oh... must have been the cookie dough.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:37 AM   #285
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Maybe a year ago I had the following dream:

Boromir is talking with Galadriel. Galadriel sees through him, but she doesn't say anything. Boromir defends himself by saying: "It's not easy to be the only evil among good people. It's not easy to be the only man among women."

Boromir clearly describes there the fellowship somehow. And I think this dream describes Boromir very well... He's after all the most human-like character in the story.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 07:47 AM   #286
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
When reality smacks you in the eye.

Oh no!!!! Are you telling me that I am awake now, and I am not really an Half-Orc from Isengard.......................................... .................
narfforc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 05:33 PM   #287
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nimrodel_9 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Nimrodel_9
Eye

Just thought I'd bring this back to go with Barrow-Down Dreams.

I had a dream last night that Legolas and Merry were on a ship with a lot of people. They were all singing songs from Phantom of the Opera. All of a sudden, Will Turner pops out of no where and Legolas shot him with an arrow! Merry wasn't too happy about it. Now, really I like Will. It was just so funny after I woke up.

No more late night movies.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:47 PM   #288
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

I had a really strange LOTR dream last night. All of Middle-Earth was in my house and Sauron was hiding in my basement demanding we return the Ring to him. I kept screaming "Go down there and hit him with a shoe!" And for some unknown reason Pippi Longstocking (who was a member of the Fellowship) would take off her shoe and run off to hit Sauron with it.
At one point she came back and stated "He's going to be crowned king." After hearing this Frodo took the Ring and returned it to Sauron. I was already pretty annoyed so I grabbed my hairbrush and ran to my basement to reclaim the Ring.
Once downstairs I yelled at Sauron (who happened to be playing music on my computer). Sauron turned around only to reveal that he was infact Johnny Depp. He looked at me and shook his and said, "You're not going to hit me with that hairbrush are you?"
I dropped the brush and shook my head. Then I think I sat in a corner and grumbled the rest of the dream.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:18 PM   #289
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
A short dream from me. I dreamt I was taking an exam, and there was a question in it (surprise, surprise). I can't remember the question exactly, but it was one of those something is to something as what is to what? eg foot is to shoe as... and then lots of options.

Anyway, one of the options to answer the question was as Beren is to Luthien. As you can imagine, my dream-self was happy to be sitting that exam.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 11:47 AM   #290
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
I had another dream with boats...

This time I was in one of those toy bath boats, (you know? Made entirely out of plastic and always sink...) Anyways, I was in a gigantic old bathtub driving this boat through bubbles and such. Then, ahead of me there's some elves in a rubber ducky. They race over as if they are going to ask a question, when a small (but normal size since everyone in the bath is small...) Nazgul comes out of the water riding some sea monster. The sea monster eats the rubber ducky and all the people on board. Then, the nazgul drives over to my boat, pulls over at the side and asks If I have a license. I show him my boat license and he throws a fit. After that a big wave comes and my boat is tossed up into the air, the nazgul falls off the sea monster, who disappears into the tub. I end up helping the nazgul on board as my boat is tossed and turned through the water. Right when I'm ready to ditch my boat I look up and find that it was Galadriel making the waves, sitting on the side of the tub, testing the water to see if it was warm enough...

I really didn't like this dream at all...

~ Waterlogged Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 05:20 PM   #291
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Funny this thread was brought back up....last night I dreamt but all I can remember is Aragorn pulling a stabbed-by-the-cavetroll-face-down Frodo from a modern underground swimming pool. Go figure.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:50 PM   #292
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nimrodel_9 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Nimrodel_9
1420!

A few nights ago I had a dream about one my friends who is kind of a movie fan. She can't tell Merry and Pippin apart (it gets annoying) and in the dream I was trying to explain the difference between them. She still didn't understand which was which so I took her into a forest that suddenly appeared by my house. There was a cave nearby where I knew the two hobbits were currently living. When we got there, Gollum was gaurding the door and wouldn't let us in until I told him how to get to the nearest Wal-Mart. After giving directions and sending him on his way, Merry came out. I began explaining to my friend that this one was Merry and that Pip wore different clothes and looks completely different. She finally understood who Merry was when he suddenly turned into Pippin. This had her confused all over again and I had to describe Merry now. Again she understood until Pip turned back into Merry and it continued. I had the worst headache by the time I woke up.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:36 PM   #293
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrodel_9
A few nights ago I had a dream about one my friends who is kind of a movie fan. She can't tell Merry and Pippin apart (it gets annoying) and in the dream I was trying to explain the difference between them. She still didn't understand which was which so I took her into a forest that suddenly appeared by my house. There was a cave nearby where I knew the two hobbits were currently living. When we got there, Gollum was gaurding the door and wouldn't let us in until I told him how to get to the nearest Wal-Mart. After giving directions and sending him on his way, Merry came out. I began explaining to my friend that this one was Merry and that Pip wore different clothes and looks completely different. She finally understood who Merry was when he suddenly turned into Pippin. This had her confused all over again and I had to describe Merry now. Again she understood until Pip turned back into Merry and it continued. I had the worst headache by the time I woke up.
So, I can agree with the first message of your dream:

Wal-Mart is Mordor

...and your friend will never be able to tell the difference from merry and pippin. (or at least from your prespective, and what you sadly already know...)

Good luck, hope your headache didn't hurt too much...

~ Ka
Old 06-28-2005, 07:28 AM   #294
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I dreamt I was watching a cartoon version of LotR (not the Bakshi one). It was in black and white, but it was so good! I got so obsessed with it, my dream-self made little figures of the characters.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:37 AM   #295
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Last night I dreamt I was acting in the LOTR movies, I was actually Sam. The scene was with Frodo and Gollum at the skirts of Mount Doom, for some reason the landscape was sandy like a beach rather than rocky. The 'feel' of the scene was more like in 'Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit', pressing matters but not the frenzy Mt Doom should be.

What was really cool about this dream, it was on an actual set with actual behind the scenes people, director, producer, make-up, lighting, I think the bestboy was there, too! (I don't think I've ever dreamt a dream with so many people in it.)

Between sets, Elijah and I got to be very chumy, he is a very friendly guy in real-dream life. He told me how he made his audition tape and we talked about the experience so far.

If this is what late night Taco Bell does for a person, I think I'll have another go!!
Old 07-10-2005, 11:47 PM   #296
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
I dreamt I was watching a cartoon version of LotR (not the Bakshi one). It was in black and white, but it was so good! I got so obsessed with it, my dream-self made little figures of the characters.

That sounds like alot of fun! But, I wonder, how did Gandalf the Grey look, or did he just modify to white? Sorry, i'm being lame...

Anyways, that sounds like an awsome dream.

~ Ka
Old 07-11-2005, 12:14 AM   #297
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Turin, Castles and Merpeople oh my!

As the title says, that is what indeed happened...

Anyways, the dream begins and Turin is in some castle that is packed with pools galore, seriously, they where everywhere the coach and fridge wasn't. So, i come in, somehow, and I'm one of what you would call a Merperson, I can't really tell if I was a mermaid or merman, because that wasn't revealed in the dream. Turin is sobbing on a bench, right next to a lap pool. I ask him what his problem was and he said he was depressed because he lost his favorite sword. Then I asked where he might had left it, and he said it was in a pool in the basement. he then asked if I liked coffee, because he just made some and couldn't drink it all. So, I said sure, and we talked about things, mostly about the sword he lost.

So, then we finished our coffee and went to the basement. He didn't want to go in because he said he had something wrong with his ear at the moment. So, I go down and it's really dark and I find a small door, like off of alice and wonderland, but this one is mute, or just swallowed too much water. Somehow, he tells me that the sword is in a clam shell next to an old stack of records. I find it and give it back to Turin, but he's still depressed about his ear. I tell him he should go to the doctor, and have it checked out for infection. He says its a great idea and asks If I want some tea, and since I didn't know how sensitive his emotions were, I agreed. So, we talk some more, and he asks if I have one album by The Cure, and I say that i'm going to go get it this week. All the while, I notice he gives an evil smile as I drink the tea. I ask why he does that, and he said it was nothing, just that the caffine makes him jumpy. Then, he gives me more and more tea. Suddenly, my tail disappears and i have legs. Turin jumps up and yells:

" Ha! Now you have to walk around instead of swimming all day! You can never have your tail back, because i've hid it! Ha!"

I then tell him that my tail would proably get smelly and rot anyway, and he would have to get rid of it. He just says 'oh...' and goes back to drinking tea, while asking what my favorite colour was, or what was my sign...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That dream, I have no idea what it means, except maybe I shouldn't eat fish and chips late at night again... Blast!

~ Ka
Old 07-27-2005, 09:04 AM   #298
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Ooh...

I also had a Turin dream!

I dreamt that I was in the Fellowship, and we ran out of Moria, except that we were all Men! We ran for quite a while, and suddenly, the character I was became Turin, and I became myself sitting on a stage, listening to a woman tell about the Tale of Turin.

The woman started singing Harvest of Sorrow by Blind Guardian, and then I started watching the Tale of Turin unfold, but slightly adapted.

Turin was a horseman with a white horse. After leaving Moria, he robbed three men and gave the money to a peasant girl (probably Niniel) [he was part Robin Hood when he did this].

There was also a witch in a small cottage instead of Glaurung, and she planned their falling in love and used all her potions to somehow make it happen.

That's all I remember, and it was odd.

Ohh, Ka - The Gandalf had white robes with black lines streaked across them.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:36 AM   #299
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Ohh, Ka - The Gandalf had white robes with black lines streaked across them.
Finally, a Gandalf with fashion sense... Pinstripe Gandalf. Awsomely beautiful.

------------------------------------------------------

I hade proably the best dream of my life last night. Ah! It was awsome...

So, this is how it happens... (AH! This had to be a gift of the Valar!)

Anyways, i'm in Rivendell and Elrond's council area is a stage. On it are Hedwig (Hedwig and the angry inch), Elrond (Looking awfully like Mitzy...), Jack Fairy (Velvet Goldmine), and Thranduil (Looking like david bowie...) and they are playing a buch of awsome songs. I'm in the audience, and who do I turn to see next to me? Oscar Wilde and Bosie!!! It was amazing! We talked, danced and threw glitter on stage. So, everyone is having a great time then Legolas comes in with a wig exactly like Hedwig... Only thing is, it's not a wig, it's his actual hair. Then, everything goes really, really quiet, not even the trees are making a sound. he comes and marches up on stage, asking to sing.

Thranduil says that if he doesn't wait his turn, he will shave his head and take away all of his shampoo and makeup. Legolas looks like he is going to cry, then he walks sadly down into the audience area and sits down. Oscar, Bosie and I talk to him, telling him it would be alright and he could help throw glitter everywhere. He just sits there and gives us a bad look, so we ignore him and keep partying.

So, in the end, I never got to find out if legolas sings, or why everyone was there (especially those not from middle earth), but it was indeed an awsome dream...

Ah... It was an awsome dream of Glam...

~Ka
Old 07-27-2005, 03:40 PM   #300
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka
Elrond (Looking awfully like Mitzy...)
Haha, fabulous!
Old 07-29-2005, 05:52 AM   #301
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I dreamt that the Snowmen of Forochel were attacking my house, but they were actual snowmen (i.e. made of snow).

When your face was turned, the Snowmen would creep forward a few inches. They'd keep doing it until they got to the house, and then they started bashing the doors and windows! Luckily, I turned into a wizard and flew my broom over them, then dropped boiling water over them to melt them.

Yes, that has very little to do with LotR - but they were definitely the Snowmen of Forochel! My dream-mother said so.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:42 AM   #302
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

So I had a dream the other night that Aragorn, Eowyn, and a few other assorted members of the books were out to stop World War 2. And they went into France to crush the Nazi stronghold. Aragorn and Eowyn broke through a concrete wall to get into the building (with their will power!) and attacked everyone. Then a friendly blue alien, roughly the size of Paul Bunyan, came along to help.

So the moral of all this is no reading LOTR and no eating before bed.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:48 AM   #303
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Then a friendly blue alien, roughly the size of Paul Bunyan, came along to help.
I wonder If it was one of those guys from the computer commercials... They look so cool, like blue mimes.

~ Aesthete
Old 08-26-2005, 08:25 AM   #304
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I had a very uncomfortable dream last night...

It was set in Minas Tirith, except the city was a sand castle. Aragorn was in rule, and I'm inside what looks like a really messy hall closet. It's rather long, and there's a window there of all places. Suddenly, some guy with a really bad blonde wig pops out of the junk in the room and says that he's on a mission to steal some rare valuable medallion that's in the closet. As i'm going to walk out because this gentleman is rather weird, Aragorn throws open the door, looking rather crazed and his eyes are red. He looks at the man who's in the junk and says: "YOU...!"

Then they begin chasing each other, except aragorn is much slower due to his crown which he has to keep from falling off his head. I offer to hold while he's running about, so the chase would end and I could get out. He stops and gives me a funny look like I've said 'wear your crown like a shoe!', and throws it at me. I hits the wall, and a medallion pops out from the side. I go to pick it up and give it to them, because I really want to get out of the room, which is too small for three people now and the man with the blonde wig shoots through the air for it. I drop it, but I pick up the crown and dash through the door before i'm attacked.

Then the dream ends. It wasn't a very nice dream anyway, but at least I got a crown out of the deal...

~ Aesthete
Old 08-26-2005, 11:12 AM   #305
Elrowen Tinúviel

Elrowen Tinúviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elrowen Tinúviel
Eye

I've had some really weird LOTR dreams...

Once I was an Elf (not suprising somehow) and I was honing my horsemanship, swordsmanship, and archery skills. My teachers were awesome... Elladan, Elrohir, and Legolas (from the books). They were really tough, but I learned alot - then went a hunting orcs with the twins.

Another time I was in Rivendell... yet it was a log cabin among mountains in winter. (weird.) Elrond was giving instructions to the Fellowship (of whom I was one), when Boromir came in late, stomping the snow off his feet. Everybody turned to look at him, and Elrond reprimanded him for being late - and while Boromir was younger than most there, youth was no excuse for being late. Aragorn watched Boromir walk over to stand with the rest of us, and then informed him that until he learned to walk like an Elf (quietly), he could not join the Fellowship. In fact... everyone had to demostrate that they could move quietly through the woodlands, like an Elf. Fortunately for me... I was a half-Elf, so I didn't have too much trouble.

Like I said... weird. But then again... what fun is there in being normal? Normal is boring and well, "normal".

~Elrowen
Elrowen Tinúviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:40 AM   #306
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I dreamt that I was a member of the fellowship - maybe Legolas - and we were all in some sort of chamber in Moria, like Mazarbul, and yet unlike.

There was a stone table, crumbling, in the middle of the hall. It had a stone bench on either side, and these benches were really in disrepair - one side of one had almost completely fallen off. Pippin sensibly went to sit on this bench, so we all shouted at him for ruining historical artefacts.

Then Gandalf left the chamber to go to the toilet, and Pippin danced around the table a bit.

Suddenly, as people have a habit of doing in dreams, three of the other members of the fellowship transformed into acquaintances from school. Mostly from my Further Maths class, oddly enough.

Suddenly, we heard a noise, so we all rushed to the door. Surely Orcs were without! The tallest of my friends went to the door to hold it against the enemy. He applied his force against it to make sure it would not open, his sword held in his hand.

"Grab something sharp," he said to the other three of us that were left. The only item I could find lying around was some sort of duster thing, but with wire instead of feathers. I stood on one side of the door, probably hoping to poke any orcs that came through in the eye or something, as the duster would otherwise be of little use.

Still, my response was better than my other two friends' - they "fell back."

Suddenly, the door started opening, despite my first friend holding it! I became tense, ready to plunge my duster forward at the first sign of orc-flesh.

The door opened - and there was Gandalf, back from the toilet!
Old 03-04-2006, 04:40 PM   #307
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Question

I dreamt that I was in a village being plagued by about three werewolves. One of my fellow villagers, apparently The Only Real Estel in the guise of Aragorn, hands me a paper clip, as proof against the werewolves. I accept it readily. Yeah. A paper clip. Go figure. Not silver, but it is aluminum .... er ... aluminium. Maybe TORE type werewolves can't take alum..... (you know what I mean) .... um any better than silver...... ???
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:39 AM   #308
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I had a weird dream a while ago which I still have not boasted of here. I am not sure if it exactly qualifies as a Lord of the Rings dream, but I had just seen the third movie again, hence the inspiration. Sorry for the less than eloquent and far too lengthy retelling. I will not blame you for giving up halfway.

Some evil being had invaded a college dorm (does this sound like a cheap horror or what?). For some odd reason, I was feeling heroic -I'm always the hero of my dreams- and decided I should be the one to defeat this hell beast. I did not need to go alone, for some strangers were perfectly willing to lay down there lives for me. I now had a fellowship, so we set out on our quest. The dorm was enormous - a world by itself. We first needed to travel through the 'good' part to get to the river that divided the school into two. The lands around the river were a sort of no-man's land and as we walked further, the view got more and more depressing. The river turned from sparkly blue and clear into a wide, dark and smelly stream. The shores were soon crawling with maggots but still we walked onwards.

At the border of the evil lands, there was a small candy shop run by a witch. We knew we needed her help if we wanted to make it through the battle. The old lady was prepared to help us, but warned us not to come too close. We soon figured out why: the candy she sold was not really candy at all, but dark magic spells given power by demons. And those same demons were walking around her store, occasionally pretending to lash out at us. It was quite terrifying. So we bought some 'candy' and as we were planning to continue our journey, one of the scariest demons suddenly appeared in front of us. He was a Hellhound, with enormous fangs and fiery red eyes, called Grunt (oh dear, my dreams are such a cliché). He said he wanted to go with us to defeat the evil overlord - he could show us the way. Naturally, we were hesitant to welcome his company: he was not exactly trustworthy. However, we feared we had no choice and took him along.

Through a gate we entered the evil part of the dorm. The students there seemed all to be engaged in satanic cults and the place was covered in seemingly occult symbols. We rushed through this part, afraid to be discovered - surprise was to be our ally. Then finally we came to a broom closet, which we knew was really the door into the heart of the evil land - which we by then referred to as Mordor. Gathering all our courage, we entered.

The dungeon we were in was divided into several wide and stony chambers. The first few were empty, but we more or less knew what was coming. Suddenly, we found ourselves in a chamber full of immobilised people. We didn't quite trust it and we were right: as soon as we opened the door to the next chamber they started whispering and murmuring amongst each other, threatening and approaching with their swords drawn. We fled through the door and barricaded the entrance, only to find ourselves facing worse enemies. Four monstrous beings were standing in front of us, fully armed and looking like wingless Balrogs. We attacked them, but however hard we tried, they kept coming back. I saw us losing and yelled that we just had to rush on, knowing that once the Big Bad was defeated, all his minions would disappear as well. With all the monsters behind us we entered the final chamber and I started duelling with the Sauron-before-he-became-an-eyeball-like being there. I soon knew I was stronger, but somehow my sword could not touch him. Then Grunt the Hellhound yelled that Big Bad could only be hit if the sword went through an innocent's body first. Before I knew what was happening, one of my friends jumped between us and I struck him in the heart. My sword went right through his back and pierced Big Bad's stomach. He immediately started vanishing and as I knew we had won, I woke up.

Whoever can find all the parallels my subconscious unconsciously makes… well let's just say I am quite insane. Please don't try to analyse me! I'm sure I don't wish to know. Though I must say I love these kind of dreams: I wake up feeling like I have just saved the world.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:09 AM   #309
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
A. I feel sorry for your sacrificial friend...a Freudian slip?

B. That is an awesome dream, and you have such a complete memory of it! You should take elements of it and turn it into a story.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:09 PM   #310
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
I dreamt that I was in a village being plagued by about three werewolves. One of my fellow villagers, apparently The Only Real Estel in the guise of Aragorn, hands me a paper clip, as proof against the werewolves. I accept it readily. Yeah. A paper clip. Go figure. Not silver, but it is aluminum .... er ... aluminium. Maybe TORE type werewolves can't take alum..... (you know what I mean) .... um any better than silver...... ???
It could have been worse - it could have been the Microsoft Office Assistant :"You appear to be trying to catch a werewolf - do you want any help with that?"

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:15 PM   #311
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
Whoever can find all the parallels my subconscious unconsciously makes… well let's just say I am quite insane.
Nonsense. If the innocent sacrificial one is not someone you know closely, then that person is a representation of a part of you. What part depends on characteristics the innocent exhibited. The sword's pretty obvious: your greatest strength. What's rather neat is that you succeed. It's interesting that a hellhound becomes an ally in this. Could represent the "shadow" self, what you're afraid of in yourself. But hey, just guesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
It could have been worse - it could have been the Microsoft Office Assistant :"You appear to be trying to catch a werewolf - do you want any help with that?"
Aiieeee! Nooooo! A true nightmare! Anything but that!
Old 03-30-2006, 02:04 AM   #312
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
A. I feel sorry for your sacrificial friend...a Freudian slip?
I must admit, that is the only part I feel awkward about. It does not really make me look any better. But what Elempi says makes sense, as it was not really a friend. I only met him in that dream.

Quote:
B. That is an awesome dream, and you have such a complete memory of it! You should take elements of it and turn it into a story.
Thanks, dreaming is a talent of mine. But this is a story already written by many different authors - packed with clichés.

Elempi, you make me feel as if you have just poked a hole in my brain, though I usually disregard such dreams as wishful thinking. I have yet to lose a dream battle, by the way - my dream self is scarily accomplished.

Quote:
Noooo! Not the scary paperclip!
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:08 PM   #313
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I did read a very good book on dreams, and scanned through a few questionable books as well. The iconic nature of dreams makes their psychological interpretation rather less than difficult. So it was with yours. The fact that you win in your dreams is a testament to a basically healthy individual psychologically.

Just by way of comparison, for the longest time I had dreams of driving a car that would end up going backwards into a ditch and getting stuck, or slide on ice, or get stuck in snow drifts. Cars are emblematic of the dreamer's personality. Those old dreams of mine were easily interpretable as me being stuck in life. Lately my dreams have had me driving over the speed limit.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:16 PM   #314
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Lately my dreams have had me driving over the speed limit.
Now how long can it be before that rolls into waking hours and you wind up reassigning yourself to Mordor? At least you're not stuck anymore, right?

I hate to think how this dream could be interpreted.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:34 PM   #315
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
I hate to think how this dream could be interpreted.
That is hilarious! And easy to interpret. You're spending so much time doing stuff you have fun with that you're afraid your real life challenges are getting short shrift; and a sufficiently authoritative individual (me! ) is enough to get the message across emphatically. Under the tables and food being tossed are clear images of shame. Namely, feeling ashamed. At least you didn't find yourself standing before a whole crowd unclothed! Well?
Old 03-31-2006, 09:47 PM   #316
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
That is hilarious! And easy to interpret. You're spending so much time doing stuff you have fun with that you're afraid your real life challenges are getting short shrift; and a sufficiently authoritative individual (me!) is enough to get the message across emphatically. Under the tables and food being tossed are clear images of shame. Namely, feeling ashamed.
I'd say that's a pretty good analysis.
Quote:
At least you didn't find yourself standing before a whole crowd unclothed! Well?
Let's leave that dream for Gandalf the Grey.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:01 PM   #317
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
Funny, I dreamt I was in a village being plagued by about three werewolves, & I was disguised as Aragorn. I handed you a paper clip as proof...well, I actually did not dream this I'm afraid.

But I find your's quite funny nonetheless!
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:14 PM   #318
Legolas in spandex
Wight

Legolas in spandex has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

okay then.

I had this poster on my wall of Orlando Bloom making a fist that I saw before I slept. It is not LoTR related in any way , however, in my dream, I woke to find I had pointy ears and was , in fact, an elf. The radio was going mad explaining how my school was basically under attack by Orcs, goblins, and perhaps other wicked things. Suddenly, Legolas came out of my poster in some wierd light and spoke to me. I don't remember his exact words, but they were to the effect of, we gotta go save your school. So, the scenery changes and I am at my school. All the ditsy girls I hate were in a frezy, which was amusing, but my friends were also in trouble. One of the said to be evil teachers at my school was holding her own with the axe rumored to have been at her desk. She was kicking butt I tell you!!!. Legolas was shooting his bow as I bore a sword for fighting and I was doing good. At the end of it all, Legolas and I stood on the red carpet and were handed a soccer trophy. Go figure. After that I believe he kissed me. (yes, tee hee, have your laughs at my fandom) Then, he and I floated back into the poster together as my friends watched in awe and in the poster was a group of huts on a tropical island and my friends were suddenly there and some random native was playing a (ukelailee?) can't spell. Anyhow there's my very random dream.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:55 AM   #319
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
1420!

Seems the Barrow-Down dreams are far more often than LotR dreams (especially thanks to Lommy ). But anyway, I had a LotR, non-BD dream this night, although it had many aspects from RL...
The story was, that the dean of our faculty along with two other professors or who they were came to my house (which looked totally different) to have a lecture on something concerning the book of Job. I was there along with two other people as audience. I don't know who was the first of them, but the other was Sam Gamgee who was a student and this was shortly before his promotion. All the three lecturers came in, and the two professors normally sat with us, as the dean left, went to the nearby forest, took on a mask of a dog and returned. Then he pretended to be dog and attacked Sam, who was sort of nervous and said something in Latin which I didn't understand (in the dream, it had a character of saying some typical quote, like "et tu, Brutus" or "quo vadis" or something like that, but in real it was a complete nonsense, I don't remember it). It turned out, however, that Sam also didn't know the meaning of what he said (he was probably thinking it would make him look clever), since one of the professors asked him and he didn't know, then the profs started to talk to each other that this is quite a problem when a student who is before his promotion doesn't know such a typical thing, and they finally decided that instead of the planned lecture, the dean is going to spent half an hour with explaining what Sam's words meant.

Make of it what you wish. The dream didn't make sense to me at all, not a single thing in it. I have no clue why Sam or our dean appeared there, and the three lecturers also aren't much logical (not speaking of the dog mask). But why Sam? I haven't encountered anything concerning Sam a long time. If you said Arvedui or other folk about whom there was quite a mess in the Quiz Room, but Sam...? Hmmm... now when I think of it... maybe it might have something to do with the little note of Volo's or who it was, yesterday, that in the upcoming WWXXXIII no one wants to pick the role of Sam... but still...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:37 PM   #320
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
A couple years ago, I unintentionaly(sp) set up my own dream. Before going to bed, I was waiting for my sister that sleeps in the same room with me, and I reached over the side of the bed and pretended to help Gollum over the side of a cliff, at the same time whispering that the coast was clear. Don't ask me why I did this, I'm just weird.

That night I had a dream that I was in league with Gollum, but when members of my family were being killed by him I decided it was time for our ways to part. He took it calmly till my back was turned, then he started chasing me, and the dream ended with his teeth in my shoulder. Needless to say, I no longer help Gollum up cliffs before going to bed