The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-24-2002, 02:54 PM   #41
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Who's imagining? I AM a Hobbit. People can't tell cause I'm diguised as a human girl. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

IMAGINATION ROCKS!!
Old 09-24-2002, 03:21 PM   #42
NazgulNumberTen
Shade of Carn Dûm

NazgulNumberTen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to NazgulNumberTen
The Eye

i like my imagination. thats where i'm a hippo.
Old 09-24-2002, 04:08 PM   #43
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I hate it when people call me "weird" because I use my imagination. I used to be "popular", but the "popular" people shunned me for being "different", so now I've got a lovely group of friends who like me for who I am. I don't care that the blonde cheerleader types don't like me! Actually, I like it better that way!
I'm lucky enough to have a best friend who has as much (if not more) imagination as I do. My brother's got a great imagination, too. About a month ago, my brother, my best friend and I got together and made this huge story and acted it out with Lego people out in the front yard! We got some strange looks, but we couldn't care less! It was fun, and we were having a great time, and that's all that matters. As long as you're enjoying yourself, nothing matters!

Umm... yeah.... This post really makes no sense. Sorry.
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 04:10 PM   #44
NazgulNumberTen
Shade of Carn Dûm

NazgulNumberTen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to NazgulNumberTen
The Eye

i make school projects out of lego. i am their god...
Old 09-24-2002, 06:14 PM   #45
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Losthuniel took the words out of my mouth. Well met!!!!

I ADORE my imagination. and I Love you ppl because you are just like me. YOu do,t tease me. If you feel like a hobb, Elf, ect. BELIEVE IT!!!!

I saw a t-shirt the other day that said "I live in my own little world, but it's ok they know me here. " and that's how i feel!!!! I do lose tough with reality but I ouln't be happer any other way. I AM A HOBBIT!!!
Well, ok some days I wake up feeling like an elf (usually Elrond, don't tell anyone [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) But usu ally I am a hobbit. I love being a hobbit.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
Old 09-27-2002, 04:46 PM   #46
TolkienGurl
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

TolkienGurl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to TolkienGurl Send a message via AIM to TolkienGurl
Sting

I hate it when people judge others about imagination, looks, anything! No one's perfect! Besides, if they call you weird, its actually a compliment even though they don't know it is one. Weird is Good!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
TolkienGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 04:54 PM   #47
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Quote:
Who's imagining? I AM a Hobbit. People can't tell cause I'm diguised as a human girl.
IMAGINATION ROCKS!!
Agree totally. Except I'm an elf girl with extreme clumsiness problems...
Quote:
i like my imagination. thats where i'm a hippo.
Trippo should see this thread...

~Menelien
Old 05-12-2003, 06:01 PM   #48
Aduoreiel

Sting

In school you'll find that a lot of other kids really don't accept imagination that much. I mean, anyone who thinks out of the norm and uses creativity is labeled.
So I don't really care what they say anymore, and continue skipping and singing down the halls with my fellow LOTR fans because I got Lord of the Rings and that's all that matters! muhahaha
Old 05-13-2003, 11:20 PM   #49
GlingleglingleglingleFairy
Animated Skeleton

GlingleglingleglingleFairy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Okay, I don't know if where I am is screwed, but you're almost shunned if you don't use imagination. You even have to conform to the boundaries of imagination, so if what you imagine isn't funny or unique then your imagination doesn't count. Its like political correctness gone wrong, so that no-one regards fantasy as fantasy if it isn't fantastical enough. (get your head around that, teeheehee)

Some people prefer cupcakes. I for one care less for them.
GlingleglingleglingleFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 12:19 PM   #50
Noxomanus
Wight

Noxomanus has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It's definately true people try to put you in a box and think someone with a lot of imagination is weird.I've allways had a lot of imagination and people have labeled me as weird and a person with too much fantasy my entire school-life.Not that I care.It's fun to nearly allways have the funniest stories and such [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But it's a fact I've allways done "weird" things and have had "weird" interests,and even when they knew that,people know little about me.I guess I'm the only person who really knows the real me.
Old 05-14-2003, 02:52 PM   #51
Adamathamariel
Pile O'Bones

Adamathamariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am an elf with some blood of the greek Goddess Athene
Adamathamariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 03:18 PM   #52
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm not imagining.... I AM an elf-witch and I killed Shelob, with the help of my friends...... What... what are you looking at? Why else would I call my accont ElentariGreenleaf? ^-^

But I haven't notcied any discrimination...
Old 05-15-2003, 12:17 AM   #53
Frodo 007
Haunting Spirit

Location: Wellington, New Zealand (Middle-Earth Baby Yeah!!!)
Frodo 007 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am a very elegant and beautiful Elf who helps everybody!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] There's nothing anyone can do about it either!!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2003, 02:51 PM   #54
Annúnlótëiel
Animated Skeleton

Annúnlótëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Many of the things many of you wrote were beautiful and well said.

Imagination is very important to me becuase today we live in a world were everything you do is scrutinized. Stereotypes, there are tons of steryotypes and people feel pressured to follow them. I that I am toatally oppisite from what the stereotype for my race is (Spanish), and yet I see many s every day being something becuase of thier stereotype. don't understand why people cannot be themsleves.

Imagination is a way to escape from reality which all of us need, some more that others, and since we are constantly under the pressures of society to confom to an ideal that no one can fit.

I think it's wonderful that people imagine themselves as something, there is nothing wrong with it. As long as you are happy, really who cares? It's there loss not yours. People just refuse to understand taht some people are diffrent in thier ways of thinking, must we all ahve the same brain?

Imagination is what created what's right in front of you, I mean if soembody told you 100 years ago that they imagined a box with word that you could put in almost instantly, you'd say they were crazy. And yet we have a computer.

I am sorry that people see people like LOTR fans who like to call themselves elves ect. as starnge obbsessive people. We just like to have fun and we want to have a release from this world. They should be happy we are no doing . It's not strange, it's not bizarre, why should peopel vcall it stupid? It's imagining, and if somebody ever calls imagination stupid, well that is a sad thing to say becuase they are very ignorant. Imagination after all created cities and legends, and traditions...

People wast to much time worrying about what other people think then they regret thier life. I know it is important to think about the future, and sure maybe 10 years from now you'll forget you belived you were and elf or perhaps you will find it silly yourself, but it is importnat to live for today as well.

Each day comes ago and each second passes and we can never again(or relive it as we are now, if you belive in reincarnation)and why should we spend it being serious and blatant?

Sorry this doesn't make too much sense...

sigo mi corazón
Annúnlótëiel is offline   Reply With Quote