The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-24-2007, 10:58 AM   #1001
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I spray coloured my hair pink for a Breast Cancer fund raiser. It was fabulous.... made me feel so happy. Wish I had done it when I was at college and it didn't matter .... but a girl in the office I am now has pink streaks ... but she is a lot younger

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:46 AM   #1002
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar
(3) learning to spin my head completely around might sound like a good thing, but, as a parent, sometimes it's better not to turn around and to just keep walking.
Oh, but it so comes in handy for surprise pictorials. Even planned ones, come to think of that.

I'm suddenly reminded of this Calvin and Hobbes cartoon - Calvin's dad pretended that a disembodied hand (his own under his shirt, actually) was trying to strangle him, just as he was about to tell Calvin a bedtime story about it. The poor boy dropped asleep promptly.

Before the chat skwerlz come out to get me, let me say that a second look at that photo makes me think that Fea's trying to reach her nose with her tongue, but doing it wrongly somewhere. Maybe her eyes should be looking down instead of up.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:35 AM   #1003
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dury
Love it, Fea...it reminds me of when my friend dyed hers a sort of dark turquoise recently, and I was surprised how good it looked... I’m now considering that colour myself. XD
Do you know what sort of dye she used? I'd love to play with shades of blue...
Old 07-11-2007, 03:41 PM   #1004
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Since it's been a while, here's a rather recent (2 days ago) photo of me. You can even see my guitar on my bed in the background! My flat cap is about in the bottom left corner, see if you can spot it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 080720071291.JPG (73.7 KB, 432 views)
Old 07-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #1005
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
I've sent this to Tigerlily, but she hasn't posted it yet. It's a more recent picture with better background.

Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:03 AM   #1006
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
It's been a while and the family has changed a bit. Well no new kids yet but those two I do have grow quickly so I figured I update the picture.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:40 AM   #1007
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ah morm you have a gorgeous family.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:14 PM   #1008
Beleg Cuthalion
Wight

Beleg Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
That pic of you makes me think of Brett Hull.

Quis ut Deus
Beleg Cuthalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:59 AM   #1009
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Wow nice spot Beleg. That is pretty close..
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:04 PM   #1010
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Your daughters are just adorable Morm!

Mine are a bit older already but I remember when they looked that pretty, fragile and innocent...

Enjoy your days now as the times will change!

It will get better by the years, though...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:25 AM   #1011
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Mine are a bit older already but I remember when they looked that pretty, fragile and innocent...
Dads.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:48 AM   #1012
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I don't think he actually means that you are ugly, depraved and excessively solid now..... but fathers are just impossible...

Old 07-19-2007, 12:33 PM   #1013
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Just another impossibly proud dad...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dadof4.jpg (70.5 KB, 407 views)
Old 07-19-2007, 12:40 PM   #1014
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Well, I've thought of posting this. I went to the Doctor Who museum in Blackpool recently and I got a photo or two that I'll share with you Downers here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 032 I cannot fly the TARDIS.JPG (93.5 KB, 423 views)
File Type: jpg 002 me and TARDIS console.JPG (71.8 KB, 411 views)
File Type: jpg 039 Sonic Screwdriver.JPG (58.5 KB, 414 views)
Old 07-28-2007, 10:54 PM   #1015
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
002 is the best.

~ Casa Azul Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #1016
obloquy
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

obloquy has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to obloquy
A current photo of my babies: http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...lausresize.jpg
Clementine (silver) and Klaus (blue/gray)
When Clem was tiny and Klaus first fell in love with her: http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...karly/sibs.jpg
Another one when Clem was really little: http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...aus2resize.jpg

Last edited by obloquy; 08-03-2007 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Sorry, pictures turned out huge.
obloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:39 AM   #1017
obloquy
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

obloquy has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to obloquy
A relatively recent one in which Klaus' neck is recovering from the effects of a nylon allergy: http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...aus3resize.jpg
A fantastic but blurry action shot: http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...tionresize.jpg
and finally, me and my wife: http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...y/tkresize.jpg

Last edited by obloquy; 08-03-2007 at 02:19 PM.
obloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:47 PM   #1018
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by obloquy View Post
A current photo of my babies:
Clementine (silver) and Klaus (blue/gray)
For a moment there, Clementine's and Klaus' pose and poise made me think of Galadriel and Celeborn. Then I dismissed the thought as unfair to your gorgeous dogs. RAWR!

You and the Mrs. are pretty good looking dawgs too.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:27 AM   #1019
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well, guess it's time for a little update, since I have cut my long hair two months ago and I didn't upload any new picture.

Anyway, here's me in Spain:

The vacation was really fun, and I very much enjoyed their beer. (if you don't know Spanish, then I can tell you my T-shirt says "Save water, drink beer"
Old 07-30-2007, 03:14 PM   #1020
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Hmm, I was going to say that you look completely different without the long hair, then after a while, interestingly, I came to a 180° turn and came to the conclusion that you actually don't look as differently.

You probably could do a commercial with the beer, at least the photo gives the feeling that it's a shot from a TV commercial... only it cannot be seen what beer is that which you are holding... (though whatever it was, I don't believe it will hold up to Gambrinus... or Radegast, for that matter!)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:11 PM   #1021
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Obloquy: They're so adorable!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:09 AM   #1022
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by obloquy View Post
and finally, me and my wife:
Cool pictures. Note that you remind me of the 'American' (Matthew McConaughey) in the recently seen "Reign of Fire' movie.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:43 PM   #1023
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!

Posts that do not pertain to the photos and/or photo site will be deleted without notice.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:18 PM   #1024
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Recent pictures.

BTW I really like yours, Hookbill! Looks like you were having fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28July2007_7.jpg (72.3 KB, 401 views)
File Type: jpg 28July2007_1A.jpg (66.1 KB, 386 views)
File Type: jpg temptattoo_1.jpg (85.6 KB, 383 views)
Old 08-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #1025
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Gosh, scrolling back I find I missed alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
Well, I've thought of posting this. I went to the Doctor Who museum in Blackpool recently and I got a photo or two that I'll share with you Downers here.
Hook, I am green with envy (not that we aren't all already green here anyway)--a Doctor Who museum!!! Do the proceeds go towards paying for better sets and special effects? Did you get to cosy up to any of the companions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar View Post
Just another impossibly proud dad...
al, I see that the tye dye colours were omitted this year. Nice variation and do you always manage to get your kids to line up that way for dinner or do they do that just for the photographer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
It's been a while and the family has changed a bit. Well no new kids yet but those two I do have grow quickly so I figured I update the picture.
morm, you've got yourself a bunch of sweeties and I love your pink shirt.

I can't think of anything to say to Knight of Ni, er, ah, Gondor and Sleepy Ranger and TM, so I'll leave it at 'keemo sabe' (and that's a real trademark) until I know you better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar View Post
Cool pictures [about Oblo's pictures]. Note that you remind me of the 'American' (Matthew McConaughey) in the recently seen "Reign of Fire' movie.
Actually, I had thought that it was Ancalagon from chat who reminded me of Matthew McConaughey, esp because of the dragons in "Reign of Fire." You don't suppose that oblo and anca are doppelgangers do you? Do virtual doppelgangers exist? Maybe they've cancelled each other out and that's why they're not in chat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18 View Post
Recent pictures.
Di, Di, my lovely, your necklaces are always unique. And honestly for real I was expecting a Daffy Duck tat.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:32 PM   #1026
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Di, I really like those set of pictures...you look very nice. Also, I look forward to seeing your real tattoo, when you do get it.

Speaking of tattoos, about time I show off mine, which I've had for over a month. The other pics are of me after I had my hair remodeled:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tattoo.jpg (67.3 KB, 387 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 153 copy.jpg (30.0 KB, 380 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 170.jpg (32.6 KB, 391 views)
Old 08-02-2007, 09:33 PM   #1027
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I have a few pictures that I took a few weeks ago and am fairly happy with - thought blast them 'round the graveyard.

Here and Here.

Also, here are some cute duckies.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:12 AM   #1028
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Although this picture is rapidly approaching one year old, it's still much more accurate (and flattering!) than the last one I posted of myself. It was taken by my best friend's aunt last fall for my senior picture. Unfortunately, it got lost after I submitted it for the yearbook, so I ended up with the picture from my ID card in there instead.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n1606620287_30077209_5058.jpg (43.3 KB, 385 views)

Last edited by Orominuialwen; 08-03-2007 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Lack of typing skills!
Orominuialwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:31 PM   #1029
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
This summer I was in Berlin and I saw penguins there.

That's not a particularly good picture of me, but the penguins are, of course, the main thing. (Though, I see, my sister failed to zoom at them... )
Old 08-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #1030
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
I have a few pictures that I took a few weeks ago and am fairly happy with - thought blast them 'round the graveyard.
My favorite of those was the one where you looked like the apathetic model...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oro
Although this picture is rapidly approaching one year old, it's still much more accurate (and flattering!) than the last one I posted of myself. It was taken by my beast friend's aunt last fall for my senior picture.
I really like that picture. Wasn't it your Facebook default for a while?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
That's not a particularly good picture of me, but the penguins are, of course, the main thing.
There couldn't be a more fitting backdrop for your picture. Also, your expression says, "I'm a wolf and nobody knows it!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth
And honestly for real I was expecting a Daffy Duck tat.
That's not a bad idea actually, I'll keep it in mind. I'm getting a real rose tattoo sometime this month (that's the plan anyway). Then, a cat, and then, Daffy, then a map of Middle-earth all over my back and a Silmaril on my stomach. You may decide for yourself where I stopped being serious there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
The other pics are of me after I had my hair remodeled:
I don't think I've seen that third one before, it's cute!
Old 08-04-2007, 01:12 AM   #1031
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Pipe

Lommy, I'm definitely using that for a Newspaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry
Hook, I am green with envy (not that we aren't all already green here anyway)--a Doctor Who museum!!! Do the proceeds go towards paying for better sets and special effects? Did you get to cosy up to any of the companions?
I think the proceeds go towards building a TARDIS for Rustle T Davis to use and bring back all the old Doctors for some random reason.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:13 AM   #1032
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommy
This summer I was in Berlin and I saw penguins there.
The excitement on your face! You lool like your going to explode. Penguins really have an odd effect on you...
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:24 AM   #1033
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Lommy's picture reminds me of a recent TV advert where this little girl (much younger than Lom, probably about 4 years old) has a beloved toy penguin and when her parents ask her what she wants to be when she grows up, she replies "a penguin".

Old 08-04-2007, 01:59 PM   #1034
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

White Tree

Check it out:

LOMMY AND THE PENGISH ARMY OF DOOM!

Old 08-04-2007, 02:26 PM   #1035
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Caption: Soon I will rule the world!
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:16 PM   #1036
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

But other leaders there were too, who offered help to Gondor; Thinlómien of the Far South, with her penguins, was one, though the histories speak not her name.

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 08-04-2007 at 03:16 PM. Reason: +
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:39 PM   #1037
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I just read all the comments and I tell you I laughed aloud.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:27 PM   #1038
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Hmm... Tigerlily doesn't seem to have been around for a while and I'm not sure if she's really still up-dating the page... but I finally have a picture I'm happy enough with to submit. So I'll just put it here for who's interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (16.6 KB, 405 views)
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:19 PM   #1039
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Firefoot! How lovely! I'm glad you posted a picture. I've been wondering lately about how you looked.

You have lovely eyes and hair.

-- Folwren
Old 09-01-2007, 04:32 PM   #1040
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Here are a few pictures of my sister Finduilas and myself. It is up to you to guess which is which.

Have fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg One of us.jpg (62.2 KB, 391 views)
File Type: jpg The other of us.jpg (89.1 KB, 403 views)