Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #3641
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Haha! Good post.
Thanks! I was certainly naughty enough with it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley
I will leave my characters out, unless no one else interrupts. I'd like to see you and your characters interact with other players and their people.
Good idea.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:44 PM   #3642
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Any takers to address the angry, burned little boy?
Old 02-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #3643
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm going to try and post tonight.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #3644
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

If anyone else wants to get involved by having their character be the mysterious pail-bearer, feel free... it just seemed weird to leave the post off with Leof and Theolain sitting there having a conversation. I mean, that's what I always do after a painful injury.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #3645
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'll wait a bit before writing a post to give an opportunity to other characters to react, or get involved, as Firefoot said.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #3646
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Haha, yes, Firefoot, but people do stop and chat with little two year olds after they get hurt...
Old 02-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #3647
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I promise I haven't forgotten this. It's been a pretty lousy week... but it's looking up, so look for a post in the next day or so.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:28 AM   #3648
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It just occurred to me that Laerdil would offer his aid for the healing of the burned hand. He has something stowed away for healing properties. Some leaf or other.

If the mother and boy are still near the hearth, I could start a conversation to that effect, but I won't be able to until Monday.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #3649
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Yeah, they are still near the fireplace, with the bucket. (Incidentally, do you know for how long you hold the burn in water? I never had any serious burns, so I've got no clue about the procedure I'm writing about)
Old 02-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #3650
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

The kid probably won't be seriously burned, to begin with. He might have a blister or two, but it won't be anything terrible, terrible.

As for how long to hold the hand under water - as long as the little chap will be content just sitting there, I guess. Water feels good and it doesn't harm anything.

I'm sorry I haven't posted recently. Student teaching has been somewhat...not so great.

-- Folwren
Old 02-28-2012, 06:16 AM   #3651
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Elempi, Leof isn't there anymore. He's at the kitchen. It's just Ledwyn there. And Theolain, of course.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #3652
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Elempi, Leof isn't there anymore. He's at the kitchen. It's just Ledwyn there. And Theolain, of course.
fixed.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #3653
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

An appetizer for the most *cough*un*cough*pleasant conversation... juicy sweet!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #3654
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I promise I'll post a reply soon, Friday the latest.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #3655
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

How do you folks feel about Theolain's hand being healed when he pulls it out of the water?
Old 03-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #3656
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
How do you folks feel about Theolain's hand being healed when he pulls it out of the water?
MAGIC?!?!

Well, it's your call, I guess. If Elrond could heal Frodo, I can't see why a common Elf couldn't heal a simple burn.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #3657
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Woah...I haven't visited here for more than two weeks and no one has done anything? That's sad, folks.

What needs to happen next?
Old 03-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #3658
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Sorry, inordinately busy lately, and I expect it to stay that way for at least another week. I'll see what I can do.

Seems I could write that post with the "magic" in it...
Old 03-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #3659
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I also have been quite busy the past couple weeks. A bit less now, but still lots of things to do.

Also, I'd like to warn you that I am going to be away the second week of April. There's still lots of time to write before then, but if there's anything important to be finished that involves Ledwyn/Theolain I think it's be best if it's done in advance.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #3660
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

In the next few days I'm thinking of rounding up the burnt hand issue. I'm going away for a week, in a week. I thought I shouldn't leave my characters in the thick of things. I could use a few suggestions of how to tuck them away, though. Especially the tyke; Ledwyn could just continue working in the kitchen.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #3661
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I still can't think of a way to resolve the burnt-hand-thing-issue without getting other's characters in. I have 2 more days before I leave, though.

If you want to use Ledwyn while I'm away, she'd just be the shy, easily convinced person. Theolain would be whatever you want him to be. Feel free to use them.

Elempi? A new PT? 'Grats! Gonna take some time getting used to.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #3662
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Elempi? A new PT? 'Grats! Gonna take some time getting used to.
Huh? PT? What's that about? What have you heard, and where?
Old 04-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #3663
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I have introduced the lord and lady of Scarburg to the hall. Since our fearless leader is fraught with too much RL, might we take it upon our selves to put carefully considered words in his mouth and continue the storyline?
Old 05-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #3664
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Sorry for my very long absence. I think I am back...

Elempi, sounds good. I need to write Nogrod and tell him what's going on here. I promised him something like two months ago that I would.

-- Folwren

P.S. Yeah - how did you get a new PT?
Old 05-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #3665
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Yeah - how did you get a new PT?
I humbly asked for it.

Have you contacted Nogrod?
Old 05-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #3666
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I did, but he hasn't responded, so I'm not sure if he's been around anywhere on the internet.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #3667
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I did, but he hasn't responded, so I'm not sure if he's been around anywhere on the internet.
He's in the Phantasy Football game (though he wasn't very active lately), so I'll slip him a note the next time he'll appear there.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #3668
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Hi there!

I got Foley's "PM" on FB about what is going on in the SMH a few days ago and appreaciated it very much. Being absent a long time makes one quite at loss as to what is going on if one is simultaneously very busy...

But I should now have an idea what is going on.

Yes, my last month or two have been ridiculous... now I've just come back home from my choir's weekend rehersals (we were two days outside town in a camp-center to concentrate on singing only as we have a big concert the next weekend), and need to see tomorrow's school-bussiness before going to sleep. But I will be trying to see through the thread today and do something soon enough - if not today, then tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm very sorry about my absence - and my days will be quite mad the coming two weeks until the summer vacation begins. But I should at least have time to comment on the few issues in a short while. Hopefully more then when the day-to-day pressure lifts off.

And thank's Galadriel for poking. That was a good idea. (if you have a little time you can post something into a thread you know where things are standing)

So with you in a moment.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #3669
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Just two quick ones...

1) Athanar will probably bid the elf welcome and even ask him to join his table to share a discussion... so elempi, do you have any ideas how we should proceed with it? I could write a shortish intro to it today or tomorrow, but should we then try to collaborate a post or would you like to write that post as you'd probably know better what Athanar might ask or react than I can say about this new character? (Eodwine should probably sit at the same table as well - as all the nobility around; so we have many possibilities as to who says and what)

2) Does anyone remember, whether it was Scyrr who was wounded by Groin's characters' escape back then? I mean if he was, that would add an interesting twist into that sub-plot.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #3670
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
2) Does anyone remember, whether it was Scyrr who was wounded by Groin's characters' escape back then? I mean if he was, that would add an interesting twist into that sub-plot.
Scyrr was injured by Erbrand, methinks.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #3671
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Scyrr was injured by Erbrand, methinks.
That's what I thought... So if people loyal to Eodwine jumped on him that gravely, then he'd have his grudge and reason not to look at Eodwine too highly...

And Athanar knows Scyrr is not the nicest man of his guard but he feels the wrong Scyrr was done (I think it was actually quite a severe wound he got) and remembers that Scyrr is one of his veteran soldiers to be sure. But it will be hard to defend his action either - and Athanar doesn't exactly love him as a person... but then again he can't afford to be seen as abandoning his man in this kind of a situation.

So quite a nice nut to crack.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #3672
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
That's what I thought... So if people loyal to Eodwine jumped on him that gravely, then he'd have his grudge and reason not to look at Eodwine too highly...

And Athanar knows Scyrr is not the nicest man of his guard but he feels the wrong Scyrr was done (I think it was actually quite a severe wound he got) and remembers that Scyrr is one of his veteran soldiers to be sure. But it will be hard to defend his action either - and Athanar doesn't exactly love him as a person... but then again he can't afford to be seen as abandoning his man in this kind of a situation.

So quite a nice nut to crack.
And Scyrr also had his conflict the night before with Saeryn and Eodwine. So this will be quite an interesting issue indeed.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #3673
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Athanar will probably bid the elf welcome and even ask him to join his table to share a discussion... so elempi, do you have any ideas how we should proceed with it? I could write a shortish intro to it today or tomorrow, but should we then try to collaborate a post or would you like to write that post as you'd probably know better what Athanar might ask or react than I can say about this new character? (Eodwine should probably sit at the same table as well - as all the nobility around; so we have many possibilities as to who says and what)
Please forgive my unreasonable delay. Since I have absconded with the time you had available to commit, Nogrod, I will take it upon myself to generate something at least passable this weekend.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #3674
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Please forgive my unreasonable delay.
Haha... I don't think you are the person who should say that.

I'll try to bring something on tomorrow, although I'm not too sure if there are any plans you others might have. If yes, then let me know about them, like for instance how pressing this Scyrr-bussiness is? Or is the elf having something to break in storywise or is he just a character we'll see how he will then affect the overall situation if anything? (I mean that last post by lmp kind of ended in a situation where there are no open ends to pick up as such)

And feel free to post today and get things forwards: my "tomorrow" means evening aka something like 20 hours from now...

PS. I'm going to bee quite busy yet one week or so, but then I'm having a vacation and more time in my hands.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #3675
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Tree with legs!!!... *sniggers*

The comparison made me laugh. Good one, LMP!

I'm still thinking about how I could busy Ledwyn and the little troublemaker for the moment. Make use of them if you want.

Oh! I just had an idea! Maybe she will notice some "magic" healing going on with Theolain's burn, but more... casually?... She could then "talk it over" with Laerdil later on, when he's not preoccupied with the high and mighty... How does that sound?

Last edited by Galadriel55; 05-26-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #3676
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Okay. I had time to eye through the thread (not to read it with thought - it's still one week I'll be crazily busy) and realised that the fact that Athanar did not in any way come forwards with all the things going on in the evening in the hall was just impossible, looking at it from the POV of Athanar. Had he been thare he would have really made his mark over what happened and stood out. After all it is his hall and that kind of things wouldn't have gone unnoticed by him - or he wouldn't have just stood back not taking a stance on something like that.

So I had to come up with a reason why he actually was not there when things got more openly heated... and it is funny how these thing go, like how explanations present themselves... so my explanation is: he has migraine and had an attack just then and there and had to go back to his quarters. An interesting feature for a character to carry along after this (and a real nuisance for any real person, I know a few who have it and I have myself had occasional bursts of pain that are not too unlike it even if I have never been diagnosed).

But anyway, let's then see what happens.

Last edited by Nogrod; 05-27-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #3677
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Tree with legs!!!... *sniggers*

The comparison made me laugh. Good one, LMP!
Glad you liked it, G55.
Quote:
Oh! I just had an idea! Maybe she will notice some "magic" healing going on with Theolain's burn, but more... casually?... She could then "talk it over" with Laerdil later on, when he's not preoccupied with the high and mighty... How does that sound?
Sounds good!

Nogrod, I like your idea about migraines for Athanar, poor bugger. But it could come in handy now and then - but sparingly.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:46 AM   #3678
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Hi everyone, I want to do a post featuring Eodwine becoming suddenly aware of Laerdil reading his mind, and see where that goes. But I want to wait until someone else posts first. Any takers?
Old 06-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #3679
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

O-oh! Tempted to have Saeryn somehow involved in this. Don't know how or why...

I don't think I'll have time to post - I'm not at home at present - but I am enjoying reading posts as they come up.

I am so glad you're back and active, Nogrod.

-- Foley
Old 06-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #3680
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Please excuse me from the story construction for a couple days - father is in hospice and I am far from home, my time is not my own. I will post a for Eodwine in a couple days.