The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-12-2015, 04:29 PM   #1401
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Although the best would be if I could still see a couple of votes from the Living before it, so that we can be sure we are not causing some trouble with that (e.g. a vote tie...)
True. But looking at how late it got to wait for Lommy's vote the last Day - and her kind of "early voter" now off the list of the living - I'd hate to stand by in alert if something then happened - when the import of our vote probably isn't that big.

I'm not going to sleep exactly now, but as it is 1.30am already, I'm not going to stay awake for a long time either.

So giving my vote to Mith then unless something dramatic happens.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:34 PM   #1402
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Legate - I'm sure the dead had reason to be disappointed in me the Day before yesterDay, but at least it comforts me I've been more useful than you.

As for all this Boro business. Is there really anything we can do about it? If he wins, I daresay he has deserved it. And I still don't think he's evil, unless Kuru keeps changing rules mid-game to keep it balanced, which is not impossible. Incidentally, Nerwen - why did you say you wouldn't get more PMs and the ranger shouldn't protect you?

I suppose we could always ask Nerwen to dream of Boro, but I'm not sure that would be very informative, and we might rather want to check one of the unknowns if Boro can't kill anymore?

As for Mith and McCaber, I'm still undecided...

Last edited by Thinlómien; 06-12-2015 at 04:35 PM. Reason: xed with both dead Europeans above me
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:47 PM   #1403
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
As for all this Boro business. Is there really anything we can do about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by me#1409
But I'm afraid we can't deduce that and it would be even pretty hard to guess - so maybe we then just ignore him toDay unless there is more knowledge?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
And I still don't think he's evil, unless Kuru keeps changing rules mid-game to keep it balanced, which is not impossible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I just hope he isn't something Cursed that turns into a Wolf when the rest of the Wolves die or somesuch (we had similar thing in some earlier game, didn't we?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I suppose we could always ask Nerwen to dream of Boro
I'm afraid she's only allowed to dream of the dead now...
Old 06-12-2015, 04:50 PM   #1404
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
As for all this Boro business. Is there really anything we can do about it? If he wins, I daresay he has deserved it. And I still don't think he's evil, unless Kuru keeps changing rules mid-game to keep it balanced, which is not impossible. Incidentally, Nerwen - why did you say you wouldn't get more PMs and the ranger shouldn't protect you?
I don't think so... because even if they lynch a wolf toDay, and we find out via scry toNight, we won't be able to alert them until the end of the next Day, which would be too late.

We'd sort of need the wolf to actually live through the lynch, and then s/he and Boro to take each other out. Assuming Boro still has kills.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:53 PM   #1405
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Legate - I'm sure the dead had reason to be disappointed in me the Day before yesterDay, but at least it comforts me I've been more useful than you.
Bah! I have been very useful, you'd see how usefull I would have been had I been alive, or even as Dead, had somebody not posted a list for the Dead too late and then changed it into a completely useless one in the last minute!

Quote:
As for all this Boro business. Is there really anything we can do about it? If he wins, I daresay he has deserved it.
Well he (probably) killed a bunch of Wolves, that much I'd certainly give him... But we'll see. Obviously if something doesn't add up and there are like known innocents and him alive, obviously he should be lynched... But even a blind person would see that, for sure...

Quote:
I suppose we could always ask Nerwen to dream of Boro, but I'm not sure that would be very informative, and we might rather want to check one of the unknowns if Boro can't kill anymore?
Can she dream about the Living even now?

Quote:
As for Mith and McCaber, I'm still undecided...
By the way, let's bear in mind that we are empowering now... so if we vote, in this case we vote for lynching the other person than whom we vote for...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:01 PM   #1406
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Silly me, you guys are right about the see dreams of course...
Old 06-12-2015, 05:06 PM   #1407
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I won't be able to read anything until the final hour, so I'll probably just be following whatever you all are doing (so that the Wolves can't mess it up I'll bandwagon).
Old 06-12-2015, 05:20 PM   #1408
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I pretty seriously disagree with this plan.
How am I not surprised?
Old 06-12-2015, 05:22 PM   #1409
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
How am I not surprised?
Not that I think there might not have been better plans, but saying a bit more would be better...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-12-2015, 05:23 PM   #1410
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Not that I think there might not have been better plans, but saying a bit more would be better...
Maybe... in something like the next two hours there will be some decision as to whether they should discuss some other plan or not...
Old 06-12-2015, 05:55 PM   #1411
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, it's really hard. Now basically, I think I want to vote, so... just really depends for whom. Maybe we should not make anything dramatic out of it and just vote for one person, and then we can vote for someone else the next Day. And hopefully it won't be even necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
And Nilp..Mummie loves you no matter what
I just hope this is not a Wolf's genuine remorse.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:57 PM   #1412
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

It seems they are starting to discuss in the Living thread, but my bedtime approaches fast - and I have seen how long these deliberations tend to take.

I tihnk I can see both sides of the issue and neither makes me any more certain x or y is a wolf.

So unless a masterplan comes forwards from somewhere in five minutes, I'm off with one more vote to Mith.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:58 PM   #1413
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I should go to sleep but urgh this is difficult.

For what it's worth, I don't think Sally's point for McC's innocence is very convincing. He could easily be a wolf who took the chance to get a free pass and explained it away later.

Then again Mith's recent interest in the game is kind of fishy. As if she was increasingly in charge about her team winning the game...

Back in 10min to vote.

Just wondering if I voted to empower McC to leave the decision to the dead Americans () would that open too wide a door for the dead wolves to mess it up?

I'm too tired to count.

edit: xed with the two people who are in the same room atm irl
Old 06-12-2015, 06:03 PM   #1414
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
What on earth is Sally thinking? Shaking my head over here...
Kind of nice to know someone level-minded is thinking Sally is wrong - but then again Mith isn't actually making herself look innocent, rather the contrary.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:04 PM   #1415
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Then again Mith's recent interest in the game is kind of fishy. As if she was increasingly in charge about her team winning the game...
Well, to be honest, with the last post, I also started to see her last concerns as possible concerns of a normal innocent who is close to end of the game as well, and does not want McCaber to be accidentally cleared when he might be a Wolf. Just think of yourselves in that situation.

I will probably empower her and be done with it.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:07 PM   #1416
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Mac and Lottie are members of the Grip Pack. It appears Form was the third member, though he hasn't officially admitted this yet.
Is this our best bet this far? So morm and Lalaith might wish to help the last wolf. How about the other pack?

Would you guys help us flush your competition so that they don't get the bragging rights over you?

I mean if we left the voting a bit more close and you guys made sure morm & Lalaith can't save their mate if there is close call?
Old 06-12-2015, 06:09 PM   #1417
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quick note here: Nilp was given the scrying results and has passed them on. We're not votimg to convey information.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:11 PM   #1418
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I'm actually more siding with Sally... why wouldn't McCaber have killed her if he knew she was the lover? If he's the wolf that was a serious tactical error.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:12 PM   #1419
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Btw is our understanding of the wolf packs based on anything else but Lottie and Mac's confession? If yes why are we taking their word for it?

(Please if the answer is "yes", just ignore me. You don't need to waste your time explaining. I can find it out later.)
Old 06-12-2015, 06:13 PM   #1420
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Not killing Sally looks like a tactical error for any wolf...
Old 06-12-2015, 06:13 PM   #1421
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Quick note here: Nilp was given the scrying results and has passed them on. We're not votimg to convey information.
Except they're asking it for Rikae - for what that is worth... It was Nilp's plan.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:14 PM   #1422
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Not killing Sally looks like a tactical error for any wolf...
But did McCaber come to "realise" Sally being a lover before or after?
Old 06-12-2015, 06:14 PM   #1423
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
I'm actually more siding with Sally... why wouldn't McCaber have killed her if he knew she was the lover? If he's the wolf that was a serious tactical error.
Who knows, he could have thought she was protected, or whatever... Or could he? Would he know that she was protected the Night before? (I am leaving this question probably to you to answer, because I am really going to go to sleep now.)

So now just - should I/we vote here now (I think I'd go for empowering Mith after all), or leave it for you folks to decide?
Old 06-12-2015, 06:15 PM   #1424
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:

Just on the off-chance that it would convince the wolves that I wasn't worth killing, that's all- I was pretty sure I'd already been protected.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:16 PM   #1425
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oh no... here we're stuck again at this hour of the Day - things start moving when it is totally too late.

Shall we just vote for Mith and convey the info Rikae is innocent? And just trust the living to do the right thing?
Old 06-12-2015, 06:19 PM   #1426
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Honestly though, as much as I prefer Mith as a candidate, I would be totally okay with tying them and letting the dead decide, assuming we think we can get away with that.
I so hope they don't end up with this idea...
Old 06-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #1427
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Now they're trying to tie the vote for us...
Old 06-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #1428
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Just a sec -

There are now two votes in the living thread for McC.

One for Mith.

Sally and Shasta look like they might vote Mith.

If they indeed do, Kath doesn't appear (fairly likely) and we empower Mith, it's going to be a tie. ARR.

edit: xed
Old 06-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #1429
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot View Post
Now they're trying to tie the vote for us...
That's not a bad thing in the end, we'll then just see if we were right or wrong. The bad thing would be if they make one person lead by 1 vote, and then we empower somebody so the other person gets lynched. So I just hope they either cast votes overwhelmingly for one person, or make it a perfect tie and we decide.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #1430
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Shall we leave it to the late-ones?

We three here in Finland vote McCaber and you guys carry it from there seeing it is not a tie?
Old 06-12-2015, 06:25 PM   #1431
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I forgot Nilp. But he might not be around, or whatever.

Did I mention yet that being dead sucks?

edit: xed
Old 06-12-2015, 06:31 PM   #1432
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Mith just made herself look a tiny bit more innocent by reminding the living of the threat posed by dead American wolves.

Therefore

++Mith

Let's hope this won't end up as a tie. Dead innocent non-Europeans, do your best. <3

Good night!

Fingers crossed the game's over in 1,5h!

Last edited by Thinlómien; 06-12-2015 at 06:31 PM. Reason: fixed highlight
Old 06-12-2015, 06:31 PM   #1433
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay. It's up avoiding a tie - and since there is a majority of wolves in the late-shift here in the Dead Thread, we'll just do the best we can to make one decision and then let's see how the Living fare with it.

++ Mith

Good night and good luck!
Old 06-12-2015, 06:35 PM   #1434
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Basically, MOST IMPORTANT THING NOW:

We HAVE TO vote the way that there isn't a tie in the Living thread. Because if there is a tie, there will be no lynch. And that's the only thing we do not want now. Be it Cab or Mith, whatever, the other one can be always lynched toMorrow.

So might just as well vote Mith and be done with it.

++Mithalwen

The one and only danger now - but we can't do anything with it from here - is if Mith is about to be lynched by the margin of one vote, then we empower her vote against Cab, it's a tie. But we really can't do anything about that. It's up to the Living to realise that they either have to vote so that they create a tie on their side (leaving the decision to our empowering vote) or to have their main lynchee lead by two votes, so that our extra vote won't mess it up even if it's for the other person.

Well, good night. Hope tomorrow is good.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:11 PM   #1435
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

++Mith
Old 06-12-2015, 07:34 PM   #1436
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Sorry so busy today.

Are we all voting Mith?
Old 06-12-2015, 07:54 PM   #1437
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

++Mith
Old 06-12-2015, 07:56 PM   #1438
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Wish I would've had time today to actually look at the various arguments for why so-and-so looks guilty over others. Ah well...

Has Boro said who he will attempt to kill tonight? That would be nice to know.

++Mith
Old 06-12-2015, 08:00 PM   #1439
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
White-Hand Deadline

Votes after this post do not count.

Narration will follow.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:15 PM   #1440
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril The End of the Return

The langour continued this DAY...and yet paradoxically, the denizens were very decided about the appropriate action toward the Living.

The mists stirred and a strangely sad seeming Nilpaurion returned to them.

He was closely followed by McCaber.

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan
Nogrod
the phantom
Rune Son of Bjarne
Aganzir
A Little Green
(Prey)
Macalaure
Rikae
(Prey)
Legate of Amon Lanc (Prey)
Loslote
Firefoot
Lalaith
(Predator)
Nerwen
mormegil
Thinlómien
Formendacil
Nilpaurion Felagund
(Lover)
McCaber

The Living:
satansaloser2005
Boromir88
Shastanis Althreduin
Mithalwen
Kath

Illusion:
Gwathagor
(Ordo)

OCC - As I'm going to a play tomorrow I am going to have to move the deadline up by...probably kind of a lot, but unhelpfully I'm not sure when yet. I will keep everyone posted.

Last edited by Kuruharan; 06-12-2015 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Added note about tomorrow's deadline
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote