The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-07-2005, 06:04 PM   #1241
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Random Titles turning red....

Quote:
So here. The complete set. The one true post that will skewer tham all. Or at least, make you you skewer me. And now,
Even if I had the meanness to skewer, I don't have the luxury since I wasn't included in the uh...interesting post of yours.

Anyways I've wanting to do this for some time, and I hope The Saucepan Man isn't offended by it:

The Saucepan Man: likes to listen to Skillet, whose fans are infamously reffered to as 'pan-heads.' One of his favorite theatrical works happens to be Out of the Frying Pan.

Okay, I have to stop before I embarrass myself. Or maybe I already did....
Old 09-07-2005, 06:14 PM   #1242
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Crombie those are hilarious!

Power to the purple people!

Also, I love Davem's hat.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:16 PM   #1243
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Cool creations, Crombie.

And Morai, you had me laughing out loud there with your idea of Saucey!
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:26 PM   #1244
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Boots Random Title #367

Quote:
And Morai, you had me laughing out loud there with your idea of Saucey!
*blushes*
Really, I'm addicted to puns. I wonder if they have support groups for that....
Old 09-08-2005, 08:44 PM   #1245
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Awsome pics Crombie. The one of Wilwa looks remarkabbaly (?) like her!! Just kidding!! I'd like to see what you all (besides Wilwa) think I look like. I don't really have a good imagination for this kind of thing. Besides, I bet people have already said the things that are going through my mind.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:56 PM   #1246
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
These are probably ridiculously contrary to reality.

Glirdan is in his late teens to early twenties, with an olive complexion and dark brown to black hair. He is tall. His head is a perfect oval, and he wears jeans and a t-shirt at home and for work wears a dark grey business suit. He works (possibly as an intern) at a large brown office building where he performs the most menial of the labor. He lives somewhere on the eastern coast of the US, probably around DC or southwards. Glirdan also has many brothers, but few sisters.

Folwren is a girl in her teens, maybe a bit on the younger side. She has long brown hair, slightly wavy, that extends a few inches past the shoulders. She is between five feet and five feet and six inches tall. She plays either a clarinet, flute, or violin, which she plays in a living room with large windows. She is an only child, but sometimes wishes it wasn't so. She likes to read fantasy and other fiction, and is often found outside. She also lives on the eastern coast of the US, but more northwards than Glirdan.

I might post more later.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:31 PM   #1247
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Noice. Alas, I'm still taking art classes, and haven't completed my ent yet.
I'll get there eventually, and when I do, i'll have others...
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:10 PM   #1248
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alca
Glirdan is in his late teens to early twenties, with an olive complexion and dark brown to black hair. He is tall. His head is a perfect oval, and he wears jeans and a t-shirt at home and for work wears a dark grey business suit. He works (possibly as an intern) at a large brown office building where he performs the most menial of the labor. He lives somewhere on the eastern coast of the US, probably around DC or southwards. Glirdan also has many brothers, but few sisters.
Close Alca, very close!! I guess you can say I'm entering my late teens, in about a year. Me and Wilwa are the same age. You got the hair right and the skin kinda, you'd have to ask Wilwa. The clothing, you're right about, my job, completely off. Paper boy, until I find a part time somewhere's. And if you read the "Where are you from?" thread or my profil (I think), you'll notice that I've stated that I live in Ontario, Canada. As for the siblings, off a lot. I have one sister, that I know of (long story that I'm not getting into). Other than that, good job!
Old 09-16-2005, 02:31 PM   #1249
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots Finally getting round to these people...

Bęthberry can best be described as timeless. An ethereal air is about her. She has long golden brown hair – shampoo advert hair – and shiny bright eyes. She wears expensive coats and scarves at all times, because winter goes where she goes. She is never surrounded by other people because they are awestruck by her. Some suppose that she is a white witch, but they are incorrect. Bęthberry is not a white witch.

Firefoot is intense. She has bone-chilling eyes and a gaze which no mortal can hold; if they try, they break down and weep. She has a shock of jet black hair. Children run from her. She can be seen walking here and there, under the stormclouds, in the darkling countryside. Some suppose that she is a witch, and it is unclear whether they are correct or no.

the phantom is not so much a dark spirit, more a picture of power. His eyes are like inescapable magnets, and one moment in your company is all he needs to take your very soul. He is charming, and is mighty fair to look upon: that is his method. His skills of persuasion are on a par with Sauron's. No-one can ever rightly remember what he looked like; he is more force than flesh.

Gurthang is joyous to behold. He is tall and cheery and his shaggy hair perfectly matches his care-free nature. He is loved by all. When he walks down the street, children flock to him. Even animals surround him, eager for some company. He is rather Bombadil-esque in this regard. Some say that he can speak to the birds and the beasts.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:34 PM   #1250
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe adding to Eomer...

Quote:
Gurthang is joyous to behold. He is tall and cheery and his shaggy hair perfectly matches his care-free nature. He is loved by all. When he walks down the street, children flock to him. Even animals surround him, eager for some company. He is rather Bombadil-esque in this regard. Some say that he can speak to the birds and the beasts.
He is also rather Beorn-esque in that regard. Some say that he can even take the form of a bear.

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 09-16-2005 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:20 PM   #1251
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Eomer: Another thoroughly inaccurate but nevertheless interesting description that I can add to my repertoire.

I'd do one for you but anymore you look like either your pic from the photo page or Snoopy.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:23 PM   #1252
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
thats an interesting thing to bet...do you not know your own height?

Perky Ent: he must have been a real ent since hes been absent for awhile... i guess his old ent habits gotten to him, but i see him as a blonde boy of Scandinavian descent...

Blonde boy of Scandinavian Descent?!?

ewwwww
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 09-16-2005, 04:34 PM   #1253
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Eomer is Pierce Brosnan as James Bond. I just can't make that image (or voice) go away. Maybe it's because I heard that Karl Urban is high on the list of possible new Bonds?
Old 09-16-2005, 04:40 PM   #1254
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I imagined Captain of Despair much like his avatar. Dark and somber. His picture kind of shattered that image. I was going for long dark hair. Not short red hair. The pale skin is on though. I imagined you fairly short, around 5'8" or so with a fairly lean build.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:58 PM   #1255
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.

Thanks, Abercrombie, I was beginning to feel perhaps I was vapor in people's minds! You are definitely spot on with the ears, I like my ears, they're nice.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:37 PM   #1256
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Perky Ent - He's probably about my height, though I don't see him as such, so in my head he's closer to 5'4"-5'5". He has almost-blonde brown hair that isn't really long or short and is never tidy. He's almost always grinning, and most people think he's a little weird but like him anyway. He's usually at least a little out of it. Though he gets decent grades in school, he doesn't care too much.

When I try to imagine him, he becomes somehow inextricably linked with my brother (they're the same age), not because they're alike, really, but sort of because my picture of Perky came from a now much adjusted image of my brother. I can imagine grinning at Perky and saying, "Weirdo" in the same sort of voice I use with my brother. (Perks - that's not a bad thing. My brother's fun to tease, but I like him all right. )

Morai is very pretty, and one of those genuinely nice people.

It sounds right to say Shelob wears a skirt. Even though she seems more of a jeans kind of person.

In fact, most people wear jeans, unless I specifically think otherwise - e.g. Eomer in a kilt, Nilp as a surfer. At least Nilp is starting to look Filipino...
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:50 PM   #1257
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Holby is about 5'7" and has a solid (though by no means big) build. She has longish light brown hair that she usually wears braided back out of her [freckled] face. She wears beat up old jeans with spotlessly white button-up shirts and loafers. She sometimes carries a sword.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:13 PM   #1258
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots Random Title #783

Quote:
Morai is very pretty, and one of those genuinely nice people.
Aw...*blushes*, I think prettiness in general is pretty subjective (PUN!), so in a sense I'm pretty to somebody out there. As for genuinely nice, I'm working on it.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:20 PM   #1259
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe thanks to WW...

Quote:
I was beginning to feel perhaps I was vapor in people's minds!
Never! I imagine you as a twenty-something lady with sandyish hair and no eyes.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:57 PM   #1260
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dűm

Lily Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Great Fluttering Eyelashes!

Well, *flutters lashes like a loser* now that I've seen Gil, I laugh to think that I ever pictured him looking like Michael Palin. Heh... Gotta admit, Gil is quite an attractive sight for sore eyes... Yay! The love of my life just so happens to be (VERRRY) a handsome prince! And I would've settled for nice, caring, intelligent, LotR fan! Good things come to those who wait. My new motto...I guess...
Old 09-21-2005, 06:15 AM   #1261
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dűm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
I imagein phantom in a ghost 24 hours a day.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:04 AM   #1262
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Before seeing the photo page:

Barrow-Wight: wizened older man, very good looking like Sean Connery (as in Hunt for Red October

Eomer of the Rohirrim: in early to mid 30's, dark hair slightly grown out, with light eyes, strong build

Mormegil: girl, early twenties with luxerious long blonde hair and wears pink dresses (because of his avatar with the monkey shooting a gun, wearing a pink dress, but it was a shirt)

TheGuyWhoBeShort and LittleManpoet: were the same person, obviously similarities to the name. They are late 30's early 40's speckled grey, dark hair and laugh lines around the eyes. Tallish, with a bit of paunch to their bellies.

What I still think

Feanor and Shelob: identical twins

Folwren: young, late teens, light brown hair and green eyes. a bit like Pigwidgeon, zooming all around

Anguirel: mid 30's with dark hair and blue eyes, and a very buff body (I'm sorry this is so embarressing to confess) like on the cover of those stupid romance novels. In all fairness to me, this came about when you were the hunter(or was it ranger) in the second WW game. You came across as tall dark handsome and mysterious.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:16 PM   #1263
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
40s? How did I manage that? The "tall" part is also intriguing, to say the least.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 03:38 PM   #1264
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
40s? How did I manage that? The "tall" part is also intriguing, to say the least.
You both are rather witty in your humor, so I imagined you wanted to be funny that way, saying you're short when you're really 6' 6". BTW, a little Holby fact: tall people fascinate the heck out of me.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:27 PM   #1265
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Holby is short... maybe 5'4". Which I guess is more average than short, but is still short. She like gardening. She always makes dinner, and there are ALWAYS fresh vegetables.

Don't ask where I'm getting this, it just feels right.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:19 AM   #1266
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Holby is short... maybe 5'4". Which I guess is more average than short, but is still short. She like gardening. She always makes dinner, and there are ALWAYS fresh vegetables.

Don't ask where I'm getting this, it just feels right.
Hee-hee, close, I'm 5'3". I do make dinner 98% of the time (with six of us, even fast food $1 menus get expensive). I like plants but don't garden, so EEHH! on the fresh vegetables, but I do try to get farmer's market stuff.

More Holby thoughts on fellow downers:

Mithalwen:I see her on the tall side, thin with dark shorter hair, quick to laugh but could abruptly turn her steely gaze at you if displeased. Definitely a person who can hold her own!

Firefoot: Her name gives way to a picture of a young gal, thin on the shorter side, but very fast in action and short auburny-red hair that's thick and wavy.

Gil-galad: what can I say? In my mind's eye, I picture him to be about 16, a gangly youth not quite finished growing. He is quite the trouble maker and charmer, he makes me laugh with his antics. Much like Fred and George Weasly from Harry Potter.

Last edited by Holbytlass; 10-05-2005 at 12:07 PM.
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 07:37 AM   #1267
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytlass
Anguirel: mid 30's with dark hair and blue eyes, and a very buff body (I'm sorry this is so embarressing to confess) like on the cover of those stupid romance novels. In all fairness to me, this came about when you were the hunter(or was it ranger) in the second WW game. You came across as tall dark handsome and mysterious.
Well...er...thanks! All the more remarkable as I was an extremely unsuccessful Ranger; tried to hang the Seer and then got shredded pretty quickly. I think I preferred being a Seer...

Here is a poem I wrote describing myself to an e-friend...

Tis Sloth! O Sloth! Thou bind my hands
And manacle my leaden feet.
And so my vocab must suffice-
I’m tall and dark, a bit effete.

I think I can claim most of the adjectives, but handsome is debatable. Allow me to blush. And I don't have blue eyes, though it would be a guid Scots combination if I did...

Oh, and alas I'm 16...which puts me in a rather more depressing romance genre...

Last edited by Anguirel; 09-23-2005 at 07:44 AM.
Anguirel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:05 AM   #1268
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
I imagined Captain of Despair much like his avatar. Dark and somber. His picture kind of shattered that image. I was going for long dark hair. Not short red hair. The pale skin is on though. I imagined you fairly short, around 5'8" or so with a fairly lean build.
Well, I am dark and somber, at least in personality. But, I am sorry to break the image you had in your head. I would never have long hair, though...ever. Oh, and thanks for the short comment. At least someone thinks so.

I would also recommend lynching Durelin, as she sent that particular picture in.
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:13 AM   #1269
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen
Celuien is a happy-go-lucky gal, with short blonde hair and a perpetual smile. She loves the color purple, and wishes to dye her hair the same color.
Oh my, I totally missed this before.

I actually have long and fairly dark brown hair. I'm not quite adventurous enough to dye it purple (my friends can't even convince me to put in highlights). I am, however, known for being the calm, collected, and permanently cheerful member of my class.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:30 AM   #1270
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

I imagine Estelyn and Bethberry as two mighty valar sitting atop Taniquetil, immensed in endless collections of literature with a laptop on their laps

Glirdan is a kid who figured how to get out of the white jackets they keep strapping him into
Old 09-23-2005, 10:58 AM   #1271
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Oh, and alas I'm 16...which puts me in a rather more depressing romance genre...
What?!?!? No you aren't. You're 24. Maybe 30. But a very attractive older. Like... a better looking Antonio Banderas.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:10 PM   #1272
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

If you say so, Fea! Though I'd rather be the young Al Pacino or Alain Delan...(probably spelt him wrong. Very glamorous Tancredi in Visconti's Il Gattopardo)
Old 09-23-2005, 01:11 PM   #1273
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Just thought I'd mention that I now see Feanor of the Peredhil as that Avatar, only as a giant version at a computer!
Old 09-23-2005, 01:20 PM   #1274
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Large, green, shelled, and previously exposed to noxious ooze... it certainly would explain a lot, yes?

Fea pointedly ignores her tan cords, white oxford, and black sweater vest.

Yes... ninja. All shall fear me.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:57 PM   #1275
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Formendacil-40s, grizzled beard, pedantic, (as are the best of us)

This is owed-

Holbytlass-stunning vision of ethereal beauty with fountain of light brown hair, soft, forgiving eyes, dressed in white, with a long train held by ninety-eight adoring suitors...ageless, could be in tender youth or well kept peak of beauty...causes strong, faithful married men to burst into hopeless streams of tears...faultless conduct...marvellous singing voice...
Old 09-23-2005, 02:01 PM   #1276
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Glirdan is a kid who figured how to get out of the white jackets they keep strapping him into
And I owe it all to this admirable Ent who helped me escape. And Perky is not as everyone thinks, a teenager, but a real live Ent with a Balrog mask he uses when he wants to go into evil mode.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:58 AM   #1277
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Bęthberry can best be described as timeless. An ethereal air is about her. She has long golden brown hair – shampoo advert hair – and shiny bright eyes. She wears expensive coats and scarves at all times, because winter goes where she goes. She is never surrounded by other people because they are awestruck by her. Some suppose that she is a white witch, but they are incorrect. Bęthberry is not a white witch.
Shush, Eomer! You'll ruin my reputation as one of the cunning folk and make me think I can give Linda Evangelista a run for her dye jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perky Ent
I imagine Estelyn and Bethberry as two mighty valar sitting atop Taniquetil, immensed in endless collections of literature with a laptop on their laps
The two of us together are immense, Perky, although I have to admit that I do not mount Taniquetil with my laptop. But I would be happy to see Esty's patchwork quilts there.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:22 PM   #1278
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
This is owed-Holbytlass-stunning vision of ethereal beauty with fountain of light brown hair, soft, forgiving eyes, dressed in white, with a long train held by ninety-eight adoring suitors...ageless, could be in tender youth or well kept peak of beauty...causes strong, faithful married men to burst into hopeless streams of tears...faultless conduct...marvellous singing voice...
OH MY GOSH!! If your aim was to get me back for making you blush, you have succeeded! Last night at dinner, Mr. Holby did wonder why there was a grin on my face and a pep in my step. Nothing like a compliment to make ones day. I do appreciate the beautious vision you have bestowed upon me, but do you realize I can never now put my picture in the photopage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor
Quote:
Oh, and alas I'm 16...
What?!?!? No you aren't. You're 24. Maybe 30.
I know what you mean, hey, I could be thrown in jail for this!!
Old 09-24-2005, 01:31 PM   #1279
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Methinks the lady doth protest too much!
Old 09-24-2005, 02:14 PM   #1280
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Oh, and alas I'm 16...
Anguirel as a... peer? Dear Lord! what have you done? Now they'll expect intelligent posts from me too.

Seriously, that's just... odd. Mind-Ang was 30. And since I've started, he had jet black hair and a constant sombre, solemn look, with quite pale skin and therefore visible stubble.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote