The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2017, 05:23 PM   #81
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
sorry not sorry about voting

++Boro

I still think it makes more sense to take a shot at lynching a baddie than not to take it.

Boro seems the most fishy (see: list) so he gets my vote.

I also think innocent Boro would be a reliable dead thread presence and a guilty Boro an entertaining one.

Good night!

ps. Legate if you need a clarification I'll write you one toMorrow unless I'm dead.

edit: xed with Eönwë
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:25 PM   #82
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Also I don't think it's harmful to lynch anyone toDay when it comes to dead thread communication, it's just not as beneficial as it could be.
I agree with this. That's why I'm not throwing any sort of suspicion on the people who still want a lynch - I don't think it's a baddie tactic or anything, just a difference in opinion. Do we want to take an informal poll, maybe? In favor of lynching vote lynch, in favor of no lynch vote no lynch, like so: ++no lynch, just to get a feel of where the village is at?

EDIT: xed with Lommy
Old 07-11-2017, 05:28 PM   #83
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
- I DO think that Boro is a goober and that Nerwen is gorgeous.
Awe, thanks . That means a lot coming from you.

Quote:
++Boro

I still think it makes more sense to take a shot at lynching a baddie than not to take it.

Boro seems the most fishy (see: list) so he gets my vote.

I also think innocent Boro would be a reliable dead thread presence and a guilty Boro an entertaining one.~Lommy
You know what...I'm not even flustered by that. Usually, I'm fighting tooth and nail for revenge, but that's well reasoned. You've halfway convinced me that I should vote for myself.

Edit, crossed with Lottie. Fixing quote tags
Old 07-11-2017, 05:31 PM   #84
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
It's really worrying me how much I'm finding myself agreeing with Lottie. If you're the Evil Wizard...
Old 07-11-2017, 05:34 PM   #85
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
It's really worrying me how much I'm finding myself agreeing with Lottie. If you're the Evil Wizard...
Promise I'm not
Old 07-11-2017, 05:35 PM   #86
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I don't know of anyone not knowing about the gamev5 starting. I just assumed, and thought better to message them just in case. But I agree we shouldn't draw any conclusions based on that, or take "I didn't know the game started" at face value.

edit: xed with Brinn
That was all I meant. I took your words as speculation. It is only that in this game it happens to have significance so important just to be wary.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:42 PM   #87
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I have to vote too - this deadline time and my bedtime are not a good combo.
I don't have strong suspicions yet but a non-lynch/non-vote feels like a cop-out.
I'm going to with
++Nerwen
Because she's been a bit enigmatic toDay, because if she's bad she's scary and if she's good she'll be an asset to the dead thread.

Last edited by Lalaith; 07-11-2017 at 05:48 PM.
Lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:43 PM   #88
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

We have twenty minutes until DL, so it's time to start making decisions. We can still not lynch anyone (ties = no lynch), but we'd have to be very clear about who is voting and how. We can also stick with Lommy's Boro vote. I don't necessarily want to see Boro dead, but I don't have a better candidate, so if we want to play it safe and be sure we don't lynch someone else trying to tie it, I could see adding votes there. What do people want to do?

EDIT: Highlight it, Lalaith!
Old 07-11-2017, 05:43 PM   #89
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well I guess there it goes for the no-lynch option, although I guess the potential option to nullify it is still there if we could make sure to agree on a counter-vote or something.

That said, I also want to go to sleep. It is like 2:40 here. And the DL is fast approaching anyway.

The ++no lynch would still be something I could back up, even though if I had to choose and vote a person, Boro would actually be among those to consider. I just wish this hadn't happened like this with the sort of sudden rush because I honestly would have prefered to go to sleep and leave it at that.

EDIT: x-ed with Mith and onwards
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:44 PM   #90
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Lalaith highlight your vote if you want it to count.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:45 PM   #91
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
I have to vote too - this deadline time and my bedtime are not a good combo.
I don't have strong suspicions yet but a non-lynch/non-vote feels like a cop-out.
I'm going to with
++Nerwen
Because she's been a bit enigmatic toDay, because if she's bad she's scary and if she's good she'll be an asset to the dead thread.
Btw is that an actual vote? You should highlight it ( writing [highlight ][ /highlight] without the spaces there)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 07-11-2017, 05:47 PM   #92
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
++Lottie

Right out the gate she was giving strategies for wolves and wizards. I'm also interested in her mentioning wolf and wizard not being in contact. So the wolf has to find the wizard? If that's the case another reason to go for a wolf right? Keep the wizard isolated.

Edit X'ed since Boro vote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:48 PM   #93
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Kuru, are you counting Lal's vote?

Edit: Well, looks like it's a tie anyway.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:48 PM   #94
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Kuru, are you counting Lal's vote?

Edit: Well, looks like it's a tie anyway.
So long as no one else votes
Old 07-11-2017, 05:49 PM   #95
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Gotta love how these early Day deadlines always turn out.

This is exciting.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:49 PM   #96
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
It's ok I've sorted it sorry. Half asleep and voting via phone. Good luck everyone and goodnight.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:49 PM   #97
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Just to keep things clear for future Days, see the following post.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:50 PM   #98
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Dead Thread System

1. Each Night, vote to find out the role of the person who has been around in the Dead Thread longest whose role is unknown. For special cases, see addendum below.
  2. Each Day, take an alphabetical list of the full usernames of the living. On odd Days, order them A->Z; on even Days Z->A.
  3. If the person whose identity was checked was good, empower the vote of someone in the first half of the alphabetical list (one of the known innocents should state who at the beginning of the Day), if they were evil, empower the vote of someone in the second half. For the purposes of this vote, if there is a username exactly in the middle, it counts as if it were in the first half.

Addendum - special cases
Night after a Wizard's Duel: Test the identity of the person whose full username appears first in the alphabet.
Night after a Hunter kill: Test the hunted. The hunter is a known innocent.
A visitor is present: We will assume the usual. Obviously if the Visitor returns with new rules then we can implement those.

Note: If there has been a 'mutiny', i.e., voting has been overrun by the wolves at any point, continue to vote as if the correct information had been transferred at the appropriate time. This will mean that at least all future information will be correct. The responsibility of the Visitors is to inform the Living Thread of any such 'mutinies' when they return to the Living Thread.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:50 PM   #99
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Last game I was lenient, but since we've had a number of people asking for a highlight in the past few minutes, I'm going to disallow Lalaith's vote this time around.

Carry on.

Never mind...she was highlighting as I was typing.

Her vote now counts.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:52 PM   #100
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Back later than I expected, and having to try and catch up quickly. I guess we're voting? I see Lal put in a vote for Nerwen. As I was driving back, it had occurred to me that I might do the same, as Nerwen has seemed maybe a little more guarded than usual, and if innocent, would be a great asset in the Dead Thread.

But I'm open to another if someone else jumps out from the flurry I missed.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:52 PM   #101
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Will the bloodlust take me? Will I break the tie?
Old 07-11-2017, 05:55 PM   #102
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
]++Loslote

Money where mouth is

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:55 PM   #103
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Gotta love how these early Day deadlines always turn out.

This is exciting.
Only why does it always have to be at some unearthly hour

Also, my brain isn't in the mode to fully appreciate Eönwë's precise-talk worthy of Wittgenstein, but I am sure it will come handy. Anyway, if there's any problem with that, it can always be amended on the future Days. (Just not in the middle of anything.)

EDIT: x-ed with three
Old 07-11-2017, 05:55 PM   #104
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I do not want to lynch Boro or Nerwen OR Lottie.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:55 PM   #105
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
  1. Each Night, vote to find out the role of the person who has been around in the Dead Thread longest whose role is unknown. For special cases, see addendum below.
  2. Each Day, take an alphabetical list of the full usernames of the living. On odd Days, order them A->Z; on even Days Z->A.
  3. If the person whose identity was checked was good, empower the vote of someone in the first half of the alphabetical list (one of the known innocents should state who at the beginning of the Day), if they were evil, empower the vote of someone in the second half. For the purposes of this vote, if there is a username exactly in the middle, it counts as if it were in the first half.

Addendum - special cases
Night after a Wizard's Duel: Test the identity of the person whose full username appears first in the alphabet.
Night after a Hunter kill: Test the hunted. The hunter is a known innocent.
A visitor is present: We will assume the usual. Obviously if the Visitor returns with new rules then we can implement those.

Note: If there has been a 'mutiny', i.e., voting has been overrun by the wolves at any point, continue to vote as if the correct information had been transferred at the appropriate time. This will mean that at least all future information will be correct. The responsibility of the Visitors is to inform the Living Thread of any such 'mutinies' when they return to the Living Thread.
sure thing

Xed a bunch
Old 07-11-2017, 05:55 PM   #106
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I do not want to lynch Boro or Nerwen OR Lottie.
Yeah, I would rather not die thanks
Old 07-11-2017, 05:56 PM   #107
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'll take the plunge.

++Nerwen

Don't have the time to consider more.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:57 PM   #108
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Vote tally:
Lottie - 2
Nerwen -2
Boro - 1
Old 07-11-2017, 05:57 PM   #109
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

D'uh?

++Boro

Now that should either be a tie, or... well, whatever people will start to cause chaos?

EDIT: x-ed with a few. Okay, well?
Old 07-11-2017, 05:58 PM   #110
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++Lottie

I do not think she is the evil wizard. This vote sucks.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:58 PM   #111
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

++Boro

To hopefully break the tie

EDIT: And by break, I mean cause
Old 07-11-2017, 05:58 PM   #112
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I don't want to spread the votes out too much so..

++Loslote

She has worked very hard to be helpful, which could go sour for us if she's evil. I can't help but think how clever it would be for a baddie to be the first one to come up with the idea of a no-lynch toDay in an attempt to avoid suspicion. I know I'm grasping at straws, but for Day 1, that's all I've got.

If I'm wrong however, I do think her helpfulness will be good for us in the Dead Thread.

EDIT: X-ed with multiple posts

Last edited by Brinniel; 07-11-2017 at 05:59 PM. Reason: EDIT: X-ed with multiple posts
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:59 PM   #113
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Can we get one more ++Boro for a no lynch?

EDIT: Thanks, Boro!
Old 07-11-2017, 05:59 PM   #114
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Lommy's convinced me now 51%

++Boro

Sorry...had to go to the halls of my forebears and in their inexplicably odd company I hopefully will not disappoint.

I've yet to have the fortune of being carefree ghostly observer...I never seem to die in these types. I'm not going to deny my heart has greatly desired this since the 1st appearance of a dead thread.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:59 PM   #115
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, now this is off the rails... entropy in practice, seriously!

EDIT: will this never end
Old 07-11-2017, 06:00 PM   #116
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Deadline

The deadline has come.

Please stop posting.

Narration(s) to follow.

Maybe a little delayed because my wife wants to eat dinner for some reason.

She doesn't get the value of a good werewolfing...
Old 07-11-2017, 06:49 PM   #117
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots NIGHT Two

(Somebody should do a tally and comparison of crazy ends to DAY 1...I'd have to think this is one of the more frantic...my compliments.)

~~~~~Our Tale~~~~~

"I refuse to participate in this," cried one. "Let's behead Kuru!"

"Agreed," shouted the rest.

This proved fruitless. Kuru didn't seem to be around...and they still couldn't find a way out.

"I still refuse to participate in this ridiculous, pointless lynch mob!" said one. "We still have no proof that anything nefarious is afoot...except for Kuru kidnapping us and stranding us here!"

"Yeah!"

"I agree!"

"What will we do now?" asked one.

"Well, there seems to be nothing else to do except move in to our little chambers for the moment," replied another.

"Whatever we do, let's stay away from that awful guillotine!" said yet another.

"Yes, I won't participate in a pointless lynch mob," declared a speaker.

"I will," one said suddenly.

"Me too, no problem," said another.

"So will I!"

"And me!"

"Don't leave me out," said one of the previous speakers who said they didn't want anything to do with the guillotine.

"Me either!"

"Or me!"

"That's it!" cried one. "I've had enough of this! It seems the only way out of this situation is for me to use the guillotine on myself! Don't try to stop me! I shall invoke the traditional sacred cry of one embarked on this hallowed action!"

"Nilpaurion Felagund!"

The party was hushed in reverent awe.

"But...that leaves us with a tie," noted a sheepish voice.

"Oh...I guess I can't do that, then."

Everyone retired to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~

It is now NIGHT 2. Those with NIGHTly business may now conduct it.

The Ordos sleep now.

Living
Nerwen
Inziladun
Loslote
Boromir88
Shastanis Althreduin
satansaloser2005
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Morsul the Dark
Thinlómien
Lalaith
Legate of Amon Lanc
Mithalwen
Eönwë
Nogrod
Pervinca Took
Brinniel

Last edited by Kuruharan; 07-14-2017 at 09:51 AM.
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:58 PM   #118
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots DAY Two

~~~~~Our Tale~~~~~

The NIGHT was quiet.

Mostly.

Except that as dawn began creeping over the horizon there was a strange buzz.

It went on and on growing louder and LOUDER and LOUDER!!!!!!

The guests huddled in their rooms, terrified.

bzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BANG *fizzle* POP

Absolute silence.

As the sun rose over the horizon everyone slipped out of their rooms into the canyon.

They stood staring at each other around the guillotine.

All except for one.

Blood poured out from under the door of the chamber of Morsul the Dark.

Turns out Kuru was right.

What to do now?

I think an excellent place to start is to focus on how Kuru was right.

~~~~~~

DAY Two has begun. Morsul the Dark was killed in the NIGHT.

You may all post.

Living
Nerwen
Inziladun
Loslote
Boromir88
Shastanis Althreduin
satansaloser2005
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Thinlómien
Lalaith
Legate of Amon Lanc
Mithalwen
Eönwë
Nogrod
Pervinca Took
Brinniel

The Dead
Morsul the Dark

Last edited by Kuruharan; 07-14-2017 at 09:52 AM.
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:14 PM   #119
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I must be cursed.

Quote:
Can we get one more ++Boro for a no lynch?

EDIT: Thanks, Boro!~Lottie
Erm...you're welcome. I guess? Just so we're clear, I didn't do it for you.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:25 PM   #120
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Craziness. So...Morsul was the Night-kill. Conventional wolf-wisdom says he could have been seen as a Gifted, or they had no real idea and just wanted to do something to make us obsess. I don't recall anything from him that might have marked him as a target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Just so we're clear, I didn't do it for you.
Then why?