The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2015, 12:53 AM   #1601
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Anyway, no matter what looking forward to Kuru and Boro explaining everything after the fact. Assuming it can be explained.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:56 AM   #1602
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Sometimes sequels can be a real letdown, but I'm betting this one will be worth seeing.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:58 AM   #1603
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Anyway, no matter what looking forward to Kuru and Boro explaining everything after the fact. Assuming it can be explained.
Well, obviously, Boro used his portable sewing machine to cause the village to drive our UPS truck into the river, thus getting us in trouble with Kuru and the rest of his dwarf cops, all while looking super innocent in his tux.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 01:01 AM   #1604
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

But since when have Werebears worn tuxedos?

Oh, wait...
Old 06-14-2015, 01:03 AM   #1605
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

After bagging McCaber it felt like we won only to wake up and find our victory was a dream.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:05 AM   #1606
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Of course Boro wasn't always this good at killing. When he was younger he made all kinds of rookie mistakes.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:11 AM   #1607
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

At the very least we can say of Boro- when the village was under threat he fought back!

Most would prefer to just run away.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:23 AM   #1608
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Well it looks like Mr 88 is half giving up already!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legato
Do you want to now tell us about your superpower of killing people from beyond the grave? Kuru? Is there something like if both of the Wolf-packs combine into a Mega-Zord, they can kill even a living person? No?
Also, Kuru? Can we have this please? If the 88-plan didn't work out, we could at least end the game with a Mega-Zord!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 01:24 AM   #1609
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
For what it's worth -

++Shasta
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 02:00 AM   #1610
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
There is the possibility, assuming I am now allowed to speak, that he is an ethical werebear. We had a deal and he stuck to it. It would have been relatively easy to get me lynched today.

Oh and I still think you are a bunch of gits for not letting me speak but suggesting I settle down to your version of War and Peace

grrrr
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 02:07 AM   #1611
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Shasta

And may our claws run red with the blood of one who slayed so many of my own.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:05 AM   #1612
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I called it! Legate and Nogrod can testify. One of the last tings I mumbled before crawling into bed last night was that if Boro is cursed, it may just be he gives up because he's the kind of person who hates switching sides in the middle of the game. (I remember something like that happening to him before and relating to his annoyance very much.) So we should all be extra nice to him and give him lots of raw meat once we can communicate with him again. <3

++Shasta

Well done, Mr Champion!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:10 AM   #1613
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
All I wanted to do was sleep peacefully...But Thieves and Murderers plundered my home to play at some sport. I did what any one of you would have if you were as lonely as me. I killed not because I wanted to, but because I had to.
Hahaha. His role is Kuruharan!

++Shasta
Old 06-14-2015, 03:21 AM   #1614
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
I was rather disappointed to see him effectively roll over after he did so well and fought so hard.
I think it's what Lommy just said. He was a "cursed villager" with the superpower of being able to kill people, probably something like that after the last Wolf dies, he switches allegiance. Which sucks, just think about it, his allegiance would literally have changed yesterDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
By the way, I very much enjoyed the Cage and Power Rangers, etc. We're going to have to reread this a couple months from now just so we can get the laughs all over again.
And that's all that matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
There is the possibility, assuming I am now allowed to speak, that he is an ethical werebear. We had a deal and he stuck to it. It would have been relatively easy to get me lynched today.

Oh and I still think you are a bunch of gits for not letting me speak but suggesting I settle down to your version of War and Peace

grrrr
Well now we all are speaking again, since the scheme why we all kept silent is off... hopefully not needed, if others follow Shasta's example, and Boro has more or less admitted being the killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Looks like that Poor house-owner...

For that matter,

++Shasta
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:41 AM   #1615
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
White Tree

++ Shasta

That was a job well done by him and seen to the end. *hatsoff*

Mith: there was also Agan's version of the ploy which would have allowed you to post your thoughts while still keeping the post count intact. And surely we had no idea that everybody would have to stay silent for the whole Day, just the first half or something to send the message. And to top it: it was clear that with Shasta voting Boro and Boro basically giving it up there was no more need to try and control the post count. So please take it easy.

Like everyone...

I mean I understand what morm said about deleting posts - and I found it a bit unhappy idea myself, and would have liked to just make us all stop posting at #1589. But that said, I also think tp is correct in maintaining that the original rule of not editing (or deleting) posts has another intention to enable others to find your slips etc. With everyone known in this thread in this quite experimental game one could say there was no reason to stick into that rule.

But yes, coins have two sides and I think no one should think of this too gravely. It was an experiment which actually fell down pretty soon as a) in a role of a player morm totally legitimately broke it, and b) there was no need to it as the Living Thread took "the right direction".

So let's just be happy we had this superbly funny and totally crazy game to play after such a long time of no werewolf!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:43 AM   #1616
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Seconding what Nog just said...

And thus on the cheery note: By the way, I just realised, in line with what came up yesterNight, that we are in fact emPowering a Ranger!!!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:54 AM   #1617
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Empowering The Ranger!
Old 06-14-2015, 03:55 AM   #1618
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Look at it from my point of view. Small hours dead tired having sweated kittens thinking I had got it wrong and Kath was a wolf. I get killed and what do I find dozens of posts telling me not to post......or I would spoil your beautiful scheme...
You have no idea how infuriating.. but I don't hate you quite so much this morning and by the time I have had coffee and a pig sacrifice I will have probably got over the tourettes and stopped hating you.
bossy patronising dead people. Almost voted Boro on the spot.

l'enfer, c'est les autres.... yeah I quoted a philosopher, Bite me
Old 06-14-2015, 03:59 AM   #1619
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
And thus on the cheery note: By the way, I just realised, in line with what came up yesterNight, that we are in fact emPowering a Ranger!!!
LEGATE!!!!!!! hahahaha!
Old 06-14-2015, 04:14 AM   #1620
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
but I don't hate you quite so much this morning and by the time I have had coffee and a pig sacrifice I will have probably got over the tourettes and stopped hating you.
Good.

Quote:
l'enfer, c'est les autres.... yeah I quoted a philosopher, Bite me
No. I'd rather hug you. Comparing werewolfgame's Dead Thread to Huis Clos is actually pretty neat and fitting. *bows*
Old 06-14-2015, 04:14 AM   #1621
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by legate of amon lanc View Post
seconding what nog just said...

and thus on the cheery note: By the way, i just realised, in line with what came up yesternight, that we are in fact empowering a ranger!!!
:d
Old 06-14-2015, 04:26 AM   #1622
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Nerwen, you were magnificent by the way. Absolutely a bravura performance.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:38 AM   #1623
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Nerwen, you were magnificent by the way. Absolutely a bravura performance.
Thanks. Apparently Tweedlemorm is going to ban me for a year.

But I think this game has really been a team effort. After all, even the villains helped...
Old 06-14-2015, 04:42 AM   #1624
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well having a Butterbur brain, I wouldn't have been able to fix on Mc Caber without virtually all others being eliminated... and the special messages were just plausible enough.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:41 AM   #1625
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
After all, even the villains helped...
And they were just hilarious company and good sports in the Dead Thread.

Nods towards Lottie and Mac especially...
Old 06-14-2015, 07:44 AM   #1626
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots I suppose I can probably speak candidly in this thread now...

Quote:
grrrr
I had a suspicion you were not going to like that, which is why I held my peace and didn't screw with the oooooooh so tempting target yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Fact is perhaps he played slightly too well.
That wasn't his problem at all. His problem was that he disclosed his role virtually guaranteeing this very scenario if he made it to the end. (Yeah, Boro I said that. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Sad thing is one of his big powers never kicked in in the game which I am highly bummed about. I am seriously tempted to refrain from explaining it and asking Boro not to either on the off chance I ever mod a game again and can use it again. I want it to be a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Very close...that might almost have been a more clever idea.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:43 AM   #1627
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I agree, I think Boro should have kept quiet about himself.

Anyway,

++Shasta
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:55 AM   #1628
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
All I wanted to do was sleep peacefully...But Thieves and Murderers plundered my home to play at some sport. I did what any one of you would have if you were as lonely as me. I killed not because I wanted to, but because I had to.

Well get on with it. Lynch the beast. When all is said and done...just think better of me and remember that my claws were sharper and my aim was better than even Smaug the Magnificent.
Of course! He's the pet dragon!

Now I want to let him win because dragons are cool.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:08 AM   #1629
Macalaure
Fading Fėanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Shasta

Boro fought valiantly, Boro fought nobly, Boro fought honorably. And Boro died.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:54 AM   #1630
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

The dragon thing just occurred to me.. I am glad he killed me. I didn't think the dead could get ill but I have been sleeping since I stopped being sick. Sorry probably was a factor in being quite so crouchy just before.

It would have been grim if I had had to try to save myself and the village today. If it won't make a difference I might vote for him just to salute that he kept to the deal.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:54 AM   #1631
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
This is the 2nd Mandos game and neither time have I been able to join the Dead. It's killing me and I know there's no way I'm going to read it now.
I feel bad for him.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:00 PM   #1632
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well, I'd say this thing is over. Kath won't vote for herself, right? The only other choice she has is Boro, and he already has a vote. Then with our vote on top of that, that's the end.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:03 PM   #1633
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Po'boyro!

But yes, that is a sad role superbly played. So kudos for Boro, especially of the way he ended with it. Well worth the game.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:06 PM   #1634
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

And thinking how little we got to know in this game I must say we performed mightily well - well especially Nerwen and Boro, but we others didn't do that bad either.

At least we exercised some logical thinking and didn't make ginormous errors.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:36 PM   #1635
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
Sad thing is one of his big powers never kicked in in the game which I am highly bummed about. I am seriously tempted to refrain from explaining it and asking Boro not to either on the off chance I ever mod a game again and can use it again. I want it to be a surprise.
You do realise that when you mod again, we'll now lynch Boro first?

Quote:
Very close...that might almost have been a more clever idea.
Oh yes I'd forgotten about that pet of yours, never having liked worms whether they spit fire or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Boro fought valiantly, Boro fought nobly, Boro fought honorably. And Boro died.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:04 PM   #1636
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

++Shasta
Old 06-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #1637
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post

I have given you the tools to do so! Once
they are dead Chrysophylax and I will emerge
from hiding and the party will resume!
I had wondered about this line from the first day on the living thread.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:44 PM   #1638
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

So Boro = Chrysophylax?

And with him dead the village loses?

Well anyway... too complicated to be reasonably considered.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:55 PM   #1639
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
At least we exercised some logical thinking and didn't make ginormous errors.
Errrm...no mistakes on the level of discrediting the Seer, I suppose...
Old 06-14-2015, 01:56 PM   #1640
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
You do realise that when you mod again, we'll now lynch Boro first?
Assuming he's not a co-mod...you do that!