The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-12-2003, 01:24 PM   #1
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril The Two Towers: Deleted Scenes

Not to complain, but the only time I'll truly be dazzled, awed, and all that by "The Two Towers" is when I see the Extended Edition. I loved the movie, but there are some scenes that I'm really mad weren't included (not the cut end, with the dealing with Saruman and the Palantir, or Shelob). It's some of the little things. <P>Faramir's group was done remarkably well, and apart from the excursion to Osgiliath, it was almost perfect. The method he discovered the ring in was a bit off, but all problems aside, I want to see some other parts. It went too quickly. I wanted to see the "pseudo-trial" of Frodo and Sam in the woods of Ithilien, and especially the meal they all sat down to in Henneth Anun, with Faramir's prayer to the west. <P>The Ents, I am certain, will be elaborated upon greatly, from a Quickbeam cameo to more entmoot, it will probably be helpful in seeing more of entish (and huorn) behavior.<P>And there will be more.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:37 PM   #2
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Shelob will be in the second one. Gollum said at the end that he would 'lead them to Her.'
Old 02-12-2003, 01:51 PM   #3
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

unless Arwen has turned evil, and she is HER. shock, horror, could it be?
Old 02-12-2003, 02:27 PM   #4
Peri
Wight

Peri has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I think they did a terrible job with their portrayal of Faramir. If you read the book, you'll realize that that is not him at all. As for deleted scenes, it doesn't really bother me because I know they will be on the E.V. also, the movies are long enough as it is.
Old 02-12-2003, 02:44 PM   #5
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Amanduila- Shelob will be in RoTK.

"Life is so beautiful"-&gt;Don Vito Corleone
Inderjit Sanghera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 12:18 AM   #6
Alphaelin
Wight

Alphaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Unless Arwen has turned evil, and SHE is her. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ROTFL Elanor! I have seriously considered telling TD who won't read the trilogy that Shelob is a giant hamster gone bad. I like the Arwen theory too, lol. <P>Or perhaps an evil penguin? Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
Old 02-13-2003, 01:22 AM   #7
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

There's one scene that I would love to see in the Extended Version, but rumor has it that it will be in the third film, though I don't see how.<P>It's the murder of Deagol. You can almost sense where it should be placed: when Frodo is speaking to Gollum, and says, "You were once a hobbit..." Then you would see the flashback scene of Deagol and Smeagol finding the Ring. Then at the end of that scene, you would go back to the dialog between Frodo and Gollum.<P>Also it was promised that there would be scenes of Faramir finding the body of Boromir in the Elven boat, but that seems to have disappeared, as well as any reference to whether Frodo knew that Boromir was dead. <P>I am hoping very much that these scenes will be inserted back in the Extended Edition.
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 10:41 AM   #8
Lossentilien
Wight

Lossentilien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

In one of the books- visual companion maybe??- there's stuff about Elrond holding a council to decide about sending Elves to Helms Deep. The stuff with Brego makes sense too, some people got confused and thought that Aragorn had mistaken Brego for Arwen, cause they filmed a scene between Aragorn and Theodin explaining it.
Old 02-15-2003, 04:46 PM   #9
gilraën
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

gilraën has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes I posted somewhere earlier about that book, 'the photo story' I think it's called? As well as those Lossentilien describes, is a scene where Faramir leads Frodo et al underneath Osgiliath, through the sewers, to get back to the other side of the river. It would also explain why they ended up on the 'wrong' side of the river and got past the orcs.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:37 PM   #10
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have that book. It's called "The LoTR, TTT Photo Guide. (It has stickers of the characters too! Must be intended for kids, oh well! )<P>*The Rangers reach Osgiliath, once one of the greatest cities in all of Gondor, but now in ruins after years of war. Faramir intends to take Frodo with him to the city of Minas Tirith and use the Ring in their struggle against Sauron. Sam pleads with him: "The Ring will not save Gondor." <BR>Faramir finally sees the evil in the ring and realizes that it is impossible to use for good. He is persuaded to let Frodo, Sam and Gollum continue their journey to Mordor, and leads them to the old sewers, in which they can pass underneath the patrolling orcs. "Go, Frodo, go with the good will of all Men."*
Old 02-15-2003, 09:05 PM   #11
SteelNazgulS

Sting

It will be interesting to see what was cut out of TTT. I didn't like the way the put Faramir into the story. He wasn't like his character in the book. ANd yes, Shelob will be in ROTK.
Old 02-16-2003, 04:12 AM   #12
gilraën
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

gilraën has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes Liriodendron that's it, I bought it for a 5 year old LOTR fan. <BR>
Old 02-16-2003, 01:19 PM   #13
Lady Iverin
Haunting Spirit

Lady Iverin has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I agree when you say that PJ's(Peter Jackson)portrayel of Faramir was so wrong. He was a very nice person in the book. And the reason why they took out a ton of stuff in TTT is because they put in things that made no sense. That probably means that they won't put everything in ROTK. Oh well...
Lady Iverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 05:30 PM   #14
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Unless Arwen has turned evil, and SHE is her. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Hahahahahahhahaha! "She has turned to the dark side now" hohohoooohooohoo I's like, "I AM your father" or mother, or whatever.
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 07:29 AM   #15
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Arwen: "No, Frodo. I am your mother."<P> hahahahahahahaha<P> Ohhh that was funny! Anyway.....<P><BR> I have been wondering about our dear Faramir. I thought as I saw the movie, "What happened to our saintly wizard's pupil. (yet another reason Denethor had trouble with his second son. He didn't like Gandalf. Denethor AND Theoden were both told by Aragorn disguised as Thorongil to heed Gandalf the Grey but nooooooooooooooo. But that's another story.)<P>As for the murder of Deagol, rumor has it that will be in ROTK. I sorely missed the infamous tossing of the Palantir, let's hope that in ROTK too. <P> Now, in the sneek peek (yes I intentionally spelled it that way) of TTT on the theatrical version of FOTR, Elrond had this line that goes something like this, "If we cannt trust in the strength of men, we must trust in the victory of Sauron." Right after I saw TTT I realized that scene was missing. Another scenen added to the extended version perhaps? <P> Rumor also has it that there will be son entdraghut drinking in the extended version too. So much was cut out of TTT that they are either going to have to stick some of it in the extended version OR put it in ROTK.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:17 AM   #16
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Has anyone heard any rumors about scenes where Gandalf is healed and clothed in white in Lorien, (after his return to M-E from whereever he went)? I'm not saying that I have heard any myself, but it would be neat if they covered some of that in the film. <P>I was thinking that the small scene with Galadriel we did see in TT might have come from an interaction between her and Gandalf.
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 08:45 AM   #17
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

The story of Deagol/Smeagol and the Ring is in the picture book accompaniment to TTT, as are photos like the one of Deagol and Smeagol in the boat.<P>So it seems a pretty safe bet that these scenes will be in the extended version. And Birdland is clearly right. In the Dead Marshes, when Frodo calls Gollum Smeagol, the camera focusses on his (Gollum's) face as though he was going into flashback mode. So that's surely where these scenes will be.