The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-14-2007, 08:55 AM   #41
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Oh hunny... and to think, I'm not even trying.

Trying is telling you that B88 is going to be one of the wolves and to win, you have to sacrifice the mods.

And then reminding you that this is a back to the basics old school game, so I'm obviously just trifling with you.
Ah but surely my personal challenge is to get Bethberry lynched ?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:18 AM   #42
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Ah but surely my personal challenge is to get Bethberry lynched ?
Obviously. But personal challenges aside, the game really is supposed to be simplistic...

So let's see...

Mith will tackle Bêthberry, Nogrod can go after B-W, the phantom has been after Esty for a while now, I believe...

Rune, you should 'take care of' Thenamir.

Who wants Mormegil?

Old 07-14-2007, 09:40 AM   #43
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
But the fundamental rule is that it is all for the amusement of the mods .... we are your labrats....

Old 07-14-2007, 04:34 PM   #44
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Me and Mormegil have always been bitter villagers in the games we play together...
Old 07-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #45
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I suppose morm would be mine given our history! I'd definitely like to play please Fea.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:56 PM   #46
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I really should deal with Thenamir. . .the question is: Should I defeat him with the sword or with song?

Since this is WW I actually think that Mormegil would be the first one I would want to see lynched.

he seems to having a way of making enemies. . .

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:36 AM   #47
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I really want to play but both my car and I are unwell which is limiting my extra curricular activities ...

Old 07-19-2007, 03:40 PM   #48
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
So twelve players out of fifteen? For a second week? Yeah, it's summer and all that. I understand, but still...

Now where are you lurking people?

The set-up looks so promising but sadly I have to say that I'm going to be away from July 27th to August 1st and then from August 5th for a week...

So I possibly need to pull out from this.

Well, that depends... If the game starts asap and we can get it going & you don't mind me being away for a a couple of Days gamewise then it's okay for me at least, but if the game doesn't start soon I will need to pull out...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:38 AM   #49
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I really want to play this game but my car has blown the head gasket (again ) and is B.E.R). Since I can just about make it to work (2hr each way commute!!! for 10 miles!!!!) I am not going to rush the biggest purchase of my life just to play (sorry I know I lack commitment...) 45 mins at lunchtime and perhaps half an hour after work in libraries is not going to be enough. I am hiring a car for the weekend(s) ..so I might be able to do more then ... so don't wait for me ...
I suppose it would be too insane for Nogrod and me to gang up? That might just work logistically even if not game wise

Old 07-20-2007, 06:44 AM   #50
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

You know, we should all club together and get Mith a lap-top and internet connection ...

I really want to play this game too, but may be in difficulties if it doesn't start soon. We are away from 1 to 5 August. I could take my lap-top and hope for a wireless connection, but I am not sure that would go down too well with the family ...
Old 07-20-2007, 06:46 AM   #51
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I have a lap top - it is just that after 4 years I have not managed to get it to talk to the internet ...other than for a month back in the day ... by some fluke

I bought a mac cos it looked pretty and led a teenaged cousin who only really knows about PCs set it up....

Nothing in my house works ...technology is stressfull... and I don't have the time to sort things out .... I tend to lose the will to live after phoning "Helldesks)..and the corkscrew always works....

PS I am taking my god-father car shopping so I don't do something stupid like buy a barbie-pink cabrio on the "It looks pretty theory"

Last edited by Mithalwen; 07-20-2007 at 06:55 AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:19 AM   #52
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Even if we have enough players like... now, right this second... I'm about 120 miles from home. And as of this afternoon, I'll be three and a half hours north of here, deep in the Adirondacks to celebrate a friend's birthday far, far from internet connections, phone reception, and indoor plumbing.

So even if everybody recruits like mad while I'm away this weekend, the earliest I can start is Wednesday morning, the 25th...

Old 07-22-2007, 08:09 AM   #53
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Then I should withdraw from the game. . .

This saturday I will leave for an un-inhabited island in the northern Denmark and I do not think there is any internet for me to use there. . .even if there is I would probably not use it as the reason I go there is to be social.

After that I will leave for the USA.

So many places to be and revolutions to start. . .

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:08 AM   #54
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Why don't we wait for a bit then? It's not been a good time lately what with the school hols, Harry Potter taking up all our time and Mithalwen's Motor Misery (I think you live on some mystic ancient ley line ). Though if we start soon we can maybe prevent Rune from stirring the proletariat and I am aching for some fun now I've finished The Book...
Old 07-22-2007, 11:31 AM   #55
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh Lal don't say that ... I have just bought a car (more specifically a Ka) so I hope my motor misery will be at an end, at the end of the week (I have bought a warranty too just in case.... )..

I am not really in to all that New Age stuff ..I know that the crop circles were manmade ... but the house does have some forest rights (the ponies used to "lane creep" till they introduced cattle grids)... will that do?

Old 07-22-2007, 01:39 PM   #56
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I will be back at "full enthusiasm" at Aug 12th the earliest.

After that I can play as the work begins and thence there will be no holiday trips or others... but before it... it looks very bad indeed now.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:10 PM   #57
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
If we wait a bit, then I'll have to withdraw.

I will be unavailable August 5-17, and while I could still attempt to play afterwards if it is at all possible, I will be rather busy with a wedding followed a couple weeks later with me moving 3,000 miles back to school...
Old 07-22-2007, 03:39 PM   #58
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I didn't even want to pop in, knowing my holiday schedule, and seeing the situation, maybe it even does not have much sense. But if my presence in the game would change anything (and to think that I was planning to give it a break on holidays!), I could sign up, but (of course, there's one "but") like more people here, I'm going away in some time and couldn't play later than to 4th August. And from then on till September I'm totally out. It's up to the Mods to decide - if it is possible for me to play, and if it will help, I'm in. Otherwise, don't bother with me.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:02 PM   #59
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I will be away from August 8th, but then with my recent luck I would be long dead by then so it's hardly a worry!
Old 07-22-2007, 04:03 PM   #60
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

The summer...

How fun it is the summer!

But not ww-wise...

Maybe we just wait until there are enough people back from their summer-camps? As I said, after the 12th of August I'm all in - and before that mostly out. And the same seems to fit many others as well...

EDIT: X'd with Kath... well not all of us in the same schedule...
Old 07-22-2007, 04:54 PM   #61
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm good... any time. XD Wow, I must be boring.

Also, if anyone's interested, I've got my game done (I host next, I think.)
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:02 PM   #62
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I move into college August 22nd, and so will not want to be committed to a WW game around that time...probably not for a while after classes start...

Also, I'm going on vacation nearly right before that....and the weekend of the 11th and 12th or whatever I'll be busy (I'll be busy, but I might be able to post at least once...), so...ergh.

I guess my time is running short...

Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:28 PM   #63
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

So I'm concerned about this game.

Because with everybody's schedules conflicting...
And my schedule looking concerning...

If I knock the cobbler out to simplify and even out good v. bad so we don't need spare players to begin, who can start tomorrow or Thursday morning?

Because if we have to wait any longer, I'm going to have to give up my mod-spot...
Old 07-24-2007, 03:31 PM   #64
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'll try and see who I can drag into it ASAP....

I'd hate to see the Cobbler go, but that might work.

Edit:

You can add CaptainofDespair to the list.

Oh, and he said he could be an 'efficiency expert' for his role, if it matters....

Last edited by Durelin; 07-24-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:49 PM   #65
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
The cobbler is always fun but I'm fine with a smaller game to get it going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Because if we have to wait any longer, I'm going to have to give up my mod-spot...
I think any mod at this time of year will have the same sign-up issues.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:03 PM   #66
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thumbs up

I'm good to start anytime, and we're not going away now, so I'll be here for the duration.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #67
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

If you're starting this now you can sign me out. *sigh*

I will really be back continuosly only after two weeks. I would have liked to enjoy this one but no can do.

Have a good game people!
Old 07-25-2007, 03:34 PM   #68
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"I'm free!"

Sorry, what a perfect excuse to be all John Inman....

No hols for me for a looooong time, so I'm good to go.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:32 PM   #69
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Okay. Here's the deal. I'm going to get the game thread up. I'll send out roles (no cobbler) tonight and we'll start in the morning.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #70
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Roles have been issued. If you did not receive a PM from me, you are an ordinary villager. You'll probably hear from me before then, but if you do not, DAY ONE begins 10:00am EST tomorrow. That's approximately fourteen hours from the time of this post.

Sorry for the short notice...
Old 07-26-2007, 07:58 AM   #71
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

The game thread is now open for play (I'm sorry, three minutes early...).

I'm leaving for a good part of the day, so I rather hope you don't need me.

Good luck, have fun!
Old 07-27-2007, 04:54 AM   #72
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

My apologies but I'm very probably not going to be here for the next Day. I'm up in Guildford til Sunday (it was originally only going to be for one night which is why I didn't bother saying anything in the planning stages) and I'm not sure whether I'm actually going to have a net connection yet. Hopefully I'll be able to get a couple of posts in but I thought I'd mention it just in case.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:05 AM   #73
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Oh %$&£!

Someone called me over and I missed the $£"& deadline by two minutes!!!

And now I've seen the vote if it's any consolation I was going to vote otherwise anyway. Not that it matters *mutters darkly about strangling certain newspaper writers who cause me trouble at work...*

Last edited by Lalwendë; 07-27-2007 at 07:09 AM.
Lalwendë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:07 AM   #74
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

*still laughing at your rotten luck*

B88 will be covering mod duties this weekend, as I'm definately busy tomorrow and probably busy Sunday. Game-related messages should still be sent to both of us.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:26 AM   #75
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Going out of town this weekend so won't be able to participate in tomorrow's DAY, feel free to suspect but know that I can't defend.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:16 PM   #76
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Thrice in a row?

You'd think y'all would've learned by now...

Anyway, who do I send my game to to look over? I think I host next.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:58 AM   #77
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Since the 'Downs has been down for however long over the past 24 hours, I'm giving the wolves/seer an extra 24 hours to do what needs doing.

We'll start the next Day 25 hours from now (our regular time).
Old 08-01-2007, 10:45 AM   #78
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
sorry for missing the last day, i've been rather aloof lately, i will try to remember next day!
Old 08-03-2007, 06:14 AM   #79
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I have some unexpected business to attend to, it came up rather quickly (in fact yesterday!) I don't know if Fea will be around or not, but if neither of us are here. You know what to do, talking/voting stops at 9, and everyone do what they're supposed to do.

I'm going to try and stick around for as long as possible, but the 9am deadline is going to be cutting it close. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:45 AM   #80
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I'm here.