Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2002, 06:59 PM   #11
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

An obviously inebriated Barrow-Wight stumbled roughly into each guest as he trudged slowly towards the door of his barrow. His oft-emptied mug made its last journey to his swollen lips and was then cast roughly aside, knocking poor Gimli senseless but saving Elenna from a prank the dwarf was about to pull on her. The lonely wightish arm hung listlessly, its fingers opening and closing as if grasping for its recently lost beer glass. He turned at the stone door of his tomb and looked out the the remaining revelers.

Too many, he thought blearily. Twas a time when I’d have abdu…..I would have sacri…. no…. not tonight.

The ghastly wight raised his hand high above his head and gestured wildly for the attention of the partiers.

“Oh no,” groaned twinkle, knowing the inevitable speech was coming.

“I hope it’s short,” muttered piosenniel to no one in perticular.

The Barrow-Wight spoke.

I have brought you all here for a purpose. Three purposes, really.

First, I am immensely fond of you all, and two years is too short a time to stalk all of you around the Downs, haunting your post with the spectre of deletion. I don’t like half of you a third as much as three-fourths think they deserve, and I think about the same about the remaining fifth of you. So there!

Secondly, to celebrate the birthday of The Barrow-Downs! Yee haw!!! Did I say that? Together we are not 144, but you are all gross. Very.

Thirdly, and finally, I wish to make an ANNOUNCEMENT. I regret to announce that this is the end. I will now sacrifi…..ummm…. I mean, I am going now. Good-bye.

With that final phrase The Barrow-Wight fell backwards into his barrow and landed in a crumpled pile on the floor.

“That is one trashed wight,” said Marileangorifurnimaluim (say that three times fast!)

“Let’s party,” shouted Mithadan.

[ May 20, 2002: Message edited by: The Barrow-Wight ]