The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2020, 10:45 AM   #281
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I think I feel like simply going with Boro's suggestion of Lhuna toDay, in the hope that he knows what he's doing.

If it's going to be Inzil or Loslote, I'm not going to complain either though.
How do Sally and Kit feel about it?

I'm only wondering what will happen once we cast our vote. If we cast it for Zil, the village may jump on it, since it's been in the air for a long time, and he might get lynched. With Lhuna, I am not so sure. Do you think people have been suspecting her enough for it to create any popular support, and not simply turn into pointing a big finger at Boro?

That's why I am more for Zil. But I'm listening.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:47 AM   #282
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
How do Sally and Kit feel about it?

I'm only wondering what will happen once we cast our vote. If we cast it for Zil, the village may jump on it, since it's been in the air for a long time, and he might get lynched. With Lhuna, I am not so sure. Do you think people have been suspecting her enough for it to create any popular support, and not simply turn into pointing a big finger at Boro?

That's why I am more for Zil. But I'm listening.
Dun or Lottie have better chances of being lynched toDay in my opinion.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:50 AM   #283
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I see you're looking at a Lhuna vote. Interesting, veeery interesting.

I see you're looking at a Lottie vote. Interesting, veeery interesting.

I see you're looking at a Brinn vote. Interesting, veeery interesting.

No? Well, it was worth a try.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:50 AM   #284
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm just saying, I think the guy who tricked the cobbler (if I'm right) probably thought through the consequences of us voting for Lhuna.

I don't know what the rest of his plan is but I'd like to find out.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:51 AM   #285
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
That's my thought too. Lhuna's gotten some talk, but it doesn't look like enough to get her lynched. Unless it turns into a last hour Huin situation.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:53 AM   #286
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
And maybe they're innocent.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:56 AM   #287
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I'd actually prefer not to vote for someone who's already likely to be lynched. Too easy for wolves to jump on our vote and push it through. Seems like going for someone under more moderate suspicion gives the living more flexibility in the last two hours.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:57 AM   #288
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
And maybe they're innocent.
And maybe they're not. We don't have any way to know unless they get lynched (or killed in the Night), unless Huin wants to turncoat, in which case, I'd just assume he was lying anyway.

I need to go. I'd prefer to vote Zil but I'll go

++Lhuna

Her death could tell us a lot about the theory of Boro-seer.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:58 AM   #289
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Then again, they don't need our help to lynch Inzil or Loslote.

I'm wondering whether Boro, seeing a Lhuna vote for us, will try to drum up a bandwaggon against her. The general amount of suspicion in the air might be enough. And if it's Inzil or Loslote in the end, no harm done.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:02 AM   #290
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
And maybe they're not. We don't have any way to know unless they get lynched (or killed in the Night), unless Huin wants to turncoat, in which case, I'd just assume he was lying anyway.
Uh, yeah.

Well, actually no, they can be seer-dreamed, which is preferable to lynching innocents.

Anyway, let's hope Boro knows what he's doing. And in the case he's evil or misguided ordo, at least I didn't see anything seerish about her (*knock on wood*).

++Lhuna
Old 05-11-2020, 11:03 AM   #291
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
I'm wondering whether Boro, seeing a Lhuna vote for us, will try to drum up a bandwaggon against her. The general amount of suspicion in the air might be enough. And if it's Inzil or Loslote in the end, no harm done.
Yeah, it seems like it could be possible.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:08 AM   #292
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Fair point.

I'm about to disappear for a while, but I'll be back before our DL and will vote then. I'll hold out for now just in case it's needed for some bizarre reason.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:21 AM   #293
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
I'd actually prefer not to vote for someone who's already likely to be lynched. Too easy for wolves to jump on our vote and push it through. Seems like going for someone under more moderate suspicion gives the living more flexibility in the last two hours.
I agree with that. It would be nice if we managed to create a decent option. I was just also worried that we may draw targets to Boro and on top of that the village may lynch someone innocent, which (perhaps) may be Lommy. Then again, something like that will be an issue every Day.

Quote:

But then we need to count on the consequences. Such as him getting hard-targeted.

Also, I did not like the amount of "what ifs" in that chain ("if Boro is a Seer and if he is right/dreamed about Lhuna"). But you, Mac, seem to operate on those this game

I'm okay with Lhuna, I'll just wait until the last moment so that there doesn't came any "I am the Seer" nonsense or such.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-11-2020, 11:25 AM   #294
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm not 100% certain Boro is the seer, but given what little else we know for sure, I think it's worthwhile to go with.

And I actually don't believe that he dreamt of her. But she's guilty-enough looking and it signals Boro a vote of confidence.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:41 AM   #295
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I'm not 100% certain Boro is the seer, but given what little else we know for sure, I think it's worthwhile to go with.

And I actually don't believe that he dreamt of her. But she's guilty-enough looking and it signals Boro a vote of confidence.
Well, let's just hope that it outweighs the minuses. Because the minuses of giving him a vote of confidence are, unfortunately, almost clearer than the pluses: our vote of confidence shows the WWs plain as day that we think he's the Seer - so the village can see we trust him, but what good will it do if he dies next Night. Since he has not revealed himself yet, maybe he would have hoped to stay hidden.
I'd sorta hope that someone else might vote Lhuna before our vote is revealed, because then it won't be all on Boro.
(But anyways, see, this is what I think we should have debated during the Day and not after half of people had to cast their votes. This by the way we should keep in mind on future Days as this thread will become more and more populated.)
Old 05-11-2020, 11:46 AM   #296
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

...but it's true that now that people like Lottie are doubting Boro, a vote of confidence may be appropriate.

But all this with the assumption that we are right and he's not a Wolf.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:46 AM   #297
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Then again, if we vote for Lhuna (whether she gets lynched or not) and the wolves know she's not one of them, they might actually not believe that he's the seer, but only that we trust him, which alone isn't necessarily reason to kill him.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:48 AM   #298
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

If we are wrong about Boro, we will find out soon enough. And the real seer is still out there, too.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:49 AM   #299
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Then again, if we vote for Lhuna (whether she gets lynched or not) and the wolves know she's not one of them, they might actually not believe that he's the seer, but only that we trust him, which alone isn't necessarily reason to kill him.
Unless they think we think he thinks...

But yeah, good point. I guess we'll see. I mean, it isn't like we can micromanage everything in this game. We can only decide what to do with the time... yadda yadda, you know how it goes.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:53 AM   #300
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Here goes nothing!

++Lhunardawen
Old 05-11-2020, 11:55 AM   #301
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
@Cuties If I was going to vote right now, I would vote for one of:

+- Boro
+- Lommy
We may have chosen well!
Old 05-11-2020, 12:15 PM   #302
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I see I have chosen a poor day to be busy with RL. So many developments! I have not even seen the GT yet...
Old 05-11-2020, 12:16 PM   #303
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I have to say, one nice part of this format is the fun the dead get to have watching the living interpret their actions.

Although it could also turn out incredibly frustrating.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:22 PM   #304
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I'm glad everybody is giving us suggestions. That way, following Boro's suggestion is less glaring.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:23 PM   #305
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
I'm glad everybody is giving us suggestions. That way, following Boro's suggestion is less glaring.
Everybody is giving suggestions that look really, really evil to me at the moment.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:29 PM   #306
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Everybody is giving suggestions that look really, really evil to me at the moment.
Indeed. Anyways, did Lhuna just make a slip? The part Lommy quoted.

And looks like I may have to vote from my phone, which is a bit of a pain (but I guess we are okay even without).
Old 05-11-2020, 12:45 PM   #307
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I like it how they are discussing as if I was actually the Seer.

Anyway, pro forma

++Lhuna
Old 05-11-2020, 12:52 PM   #308
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

So be it!

++Lhuna
Old 05-11-2020, 12:52 PM   #309
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
With four votes, that's sealed.

Thank you for your vote.

EDIT: X-d with Sally - it is sealed with 5 votes...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 12:55 PM   #310
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I am just sitting down to read GT, I have no idea what happened since about 9 hours ago. But [i]pro forma[/oi], as Legate said:

++ Brin, for the cause.

I am sorry I missed the action, because by the sound of it after a QT skim the action has already happened (???). Anyways, off to fix the confused state.
Old 05-11-2020, 01:03 PM   #311
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Lol! Nog, you did it!!!

Also, when I came home, Lommy said: "I don't of course know what the QT looks like and what's being discussed there, but regardless of everything let me just say that if the vote toDay turns out to be for Brinniel, the Living Thread would probably go crazy."
Old 05-11-2020, 01:09 PM   #312
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Nog, you are the best mod-god. I love it.

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 05-11-2020 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Formatting
Old 05-11-2020, 01:10 PM   #313
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

ALL HAIL NOG. ALL HAIL NOG.

We love you. <3
Old 05-11-2020, 01:20 PM   #314
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
At your service.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 01:26 PM   #315
Kitanna
Child of the West

Nog! Nog! Nog!
Old 05-11-2020, 01:33 PM   #316
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Fourtified (or whatever)! You're the best, Nog!

But does that mean we had the whole thread and the Mod play cobbler for a bit?
Old 05-11-2020, 01:48 PM   #317
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

1420!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
At your service.
Most excellent and audacious mod! May the hair on his toes never fall out!
Old 05-11-2020, 01:57 PM   #318
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Now taking bets on 'will the last-minute wagon be on one of the five people already voted for, or just come out of the blue?', and also 'will we get a Seer claim (and will they lynch anyway)?'.

hS
Old 05-11-2020, 02:08 PM   #319
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Now taking bets on 'will the last-minute wagon be on one of the five people already voted for, or just come out of the blue?', and also 'will we get a Seer claim (and will they lynch anyway)?'.

hS
Here's a bet: we will get some kind of claim. They will get lynched anyways. There will be a vote for another throwaway but suspicious candidate when the majority have already voted.Lommy will still be alive toMorrow. So will Boro.

Prove me wrong!
Old 05-11-2020, 02:11 PM   #320
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Thought guilty earlier but think better now:
Lottie
Could have looked seerish.