The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #1
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up The Last Days of the Third Age

Hi guys!

I don't normally do something like this but I just discovered something yesterday that is the knees of the bee and I had to share it with you.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the game Mount and Blade (some of you I'm sure). For the past several years (and I do mean several) there has been a Tolkien mod in development called The Last Days of the Third Age.

It has been in development for so long that I'd given up on it and...erm...completely failed to notice that its finally been released.

Here is the link to the thread where you can download the mod.

Here is the link to the version of M&B you need to play the mod.

Due to being based on an older version of Mount and Blade the graphics look a little dated now but in my opinion the art design of the mod makes up for the original graphics.

If you like video games at all I think it’s worth a try!

Here is a link to a let's play video of the mod in case you are unfamiliar with the gameplay and want to see what it is like (even though sometimes his gameplay sets my teeth on edge…).

Now go enjoy some *actual* Tolkien based video gaming.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Although I'm not in a position to properly watch the LP, the thread for the mod sounds fascinating. Makes me sad I lost my copy of Mount and Blade . . .
Old 12-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

The second link I posted is to the download of the version of M&B you need to play.