The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2006, 04:19 PM   #561
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Why oh why oh why do I never go with my instincts? Oh right, because SPM tries to get me lynched if I do

Congrats SPM, you're one hell of a wolf.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:25 PM   #562
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Flabbergasting.

I was certain as Celuien that Glirdan was guilty...

I wish I'd survived longer to be duped...well, but for the fact that I enjoyed WWJV...

In short...wow.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:29 PM   #563
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
poor Shelob heard my rants and of course didn't reply
^Morm

That wouldn't have been the "I've had this horrible feeling that SpM and Aiwendil are wolves." Night would it? Because that was probably the most amazing thing all game...and if it was how exactly would you expect me to reply, "Interesting thought that, go with it"? As for the PM after that I think I was too busy to respond...or maybe I was laughing too hard, whichever.

Anyway, thanks all. That was more fun than playing in a game...and significantly less detrimental on my schoolwork...
Old 03-07-2006, 04:31 PM   #564
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Well done, wolves!
In my VERY short seer career I dreamt of Garin first because I didn't know his style.
Then I decided that my plan of action would be to dream of 'quiet' ones first and work my way up, Farael being second, because innocent or not 'loud' people get themselves lynched/attacked fairly quick. And the village is left with quiets who don't leave alot of posting trails. So you see Eomer, Aiwendil and Saucepan being loud folk you all would have been safe from my dreams for awhile!!
So why me that night?

Wonderful job Shelob!! I liked the play style and my death. Shall I get you some Tylenol?

Last edited by Holbytlass; 03-07-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:37 PM   #565
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Shall I get you some Tylenol?
No, but if you want to come clear the pile of plays off my floor that'd be grand...it's probably not a good thing if I can't get from point to point in my room because there's a pile of Shakespeare, or Wilde, or Ibsen in the way...

Also, would there be any interest in a list of what I referenced/used in my Death write ups? I know wolves are usually asked to explain their kills but I'm not sure if Mods are ever asked to explain theirs...
Old 03-07-2006, 04:40 PM   #566
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Heh. After I "poofed", it suddenly hit me: if SPM is a werewolf, everything that's happened suddenly makes sense. Well done, SPM. I kinda knew it from Day One, don't ask me how. I should have paid more attention to my gut instinct too. There was too much that was just a little different about the way SPM played, but with SPM playing on Morm's suspicions of me, shee! Well played, well played. That's the last time I let my feelings get the better of me in werewolf.

We do need to have a little chat about anagrams, acronyms, and what-not though....
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:41 PM   #567
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelob
^Morm

That wouldn't have been the "I've had this horrible feeling that SpM and Aiwendil are wolves." Night would it? Because that was probably the most amazing thing all game...and if it was how exactly would you expect me to reply, "Interesting thought that, go with it"? As for the PM after that I think I was too busy to respond...or maybe I was laughing too hard, whichever.

Anyway, thanks all. That was more fun than playing in a game...and significantly less detrimental on my schoolwork...
I didn't actually expect a reply but I needed Boromir around. And yes it was that night that I had "an awful sinking feeling that both Awiendil and SpM are wolves". It's so frustrating to look back on things like that and know that you had it correct at a time but failed to pursue it. Aiwendil was good at convincing me of his innocence. I TOOK THE BAIT!!!!
Old 03-07-2006, 04:42 PM   #568
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Excellent modding Shelob, I enjoyed the shakesperean/play set up .

Quote:
Boromir, it was great working with you and I felt the lack of your companionship my last day. I really needed somebody to talk to, so poor Shelob heard my rants and of course didn't reply .
Thank you, I can certainly see the same. It is too bad what happened because once you were knocked off I began to seriously think Sauce was the last wolf.

Well done to the wolves and to those innocents left. I was having a fit how the lynchings turned up...I mean I don't know about you but the night of my death it seemed pretty clear to me that Celuien and Tar were innocent, though great job by the wolves in getting them lynched.

I'll opt to never be the ranger again lol.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #569
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
See!! See!!! Told you I was innocent!! Ha!!

SpM, you really duped me!! I could have sworn Farael was the Wolf, but then, it hit me when you said the "juicy, tender flesh" bit. Either way, you won and you knew it!! You kiniving little....GRRRR!!!

I'm sorry Farael. Let's call it even. How about we go with morm to properly lynch SpM??

Awsome writing Shelob. Loved it. May I ask how brutally mudrdered I was???
Old 03-07-2006, 04:52 PM   #570
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
May I ask how brutally mudrdered I was?
Well the Play I stole that scene from (everything from the "look not so fierce") Christopher Marlow's Doctor Faustus ...in which the three scholars who come to visit Faustus (three villagers) find Faustus' limbs scattered across the stage...here I just said "inhabitants", rather than "limbs" ...but arguable you were torn to pieces...
Old 03-07-2006, 05:05 PM   #571
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Congrats SPM, you're one hell of a wolf.
I think we all knew this already. (In theory anyway, I think this was his first time...)

Good thing for him I wasn't playing...he'd never have gotten away with it.

Last edited by Kuruharan; 03-07-2006 at 05:10 PM.
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #572
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
I SAW IT COMING!

I've been lurking, and I KNEW Sauce was a wolf...(no inside information, just seemed...obvious...)

And Farael, I have thus been laughing hysterically at pretty much everything you've said all day... You got me some weird looks at work
Old 03-07-2006, 05:16 PM   #573
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
AHHHH. SPM! Didn't see that coming. At least not until you voted for Farael today. I bow in awe of your magnificent deception of the village.

Brilliant wolfing. All three of you.

And cheers to Shelob for a great set of narrations.

And great game all around.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #574
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well done, my dear Saucepan Wolf! I was afraid that by the last DAY, you'd stick out like a sore thumb, still being alive and all. But apparently the two wolf sacrifices did the trick.

It really was peculiar, though, how un-suspected SPM was throughout the game. If I'm not mistaken, the heaviest attacks against him came from me.

Mormegil wrote:
Quote:
How did you guess Holby was the seer? Don't tell me it was dumb luck!
Afraid it was. Actually, after DAY 1 we rather suspected that either Tar or Farael was the Seer, given Tar's "random" vote for Eomer and Farael's vicious attack against me. We seriously considered killing one of them that NIGHT, but then we thought that this would draw too much attention to either me or Eomer. Holbytlass was chosen largely because no one was suspicious of her so far and her death left no obvious trail.

Mormegil and Boromir, on the other hand, we had pegged. I believe we started to suspect that one or both of you might be Gifted on the NIGHT we killed Spawn. By the following NIGHT, we were sure that Boromir was the Ranger and Mormegil the Hunter.

Quote:
I hunted Aiwendil the 2nd to last night and came very close to changing my vote
We almost killed you one NIGHT earlier but we went for Boromir instead because we feared he might be protecting you (actually, I believe we had some fairly far-fetched idea that you might be setting us up in some way). And Saucepan and I hesitated a great deal before deciding to kill you when we did - for fear you'd be hunting me. What made up my mind in the end was the fact that most likely you were only going to get more and more suspicious of me on subsequent NIGHTs, so if we didn't kill you then, we might not have another chance.
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:54 PM   #575
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
That's it man of the many pans, I am joining the "Let's Lynch SPM Even Though The Game Is Over" bandwagon....

You are a cold-blooded, calculating monster.... please OH PLEASE be werewolf with me some day

I had a feeling that you might be our remaining wolf for a while but I kept ignoring it as I thought it was a bit of "werewolf paranoia" that we all suffer from time to time. Good game, really.

The only thing that keeps me happy is that I was right about Aiwendil

Anyway, at least I survived to the very end... and Glirdan, don't worry about it... I would have made the same mistake (but the other way about) should I had gotten a chance to vote first.

I'm already licking my paws for the next game... Given that Nilp is mod, I'll play Nilp =D with a fair dose of Farael, of course.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:56 PM   #576
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiwendil
We almost killed you one NIGHT earlier but we went for Boromir instead because we feared he might be protecting you (actually, I believe we had some fairly far-fetched idea that you might be setting us up in some way). And Saucepan and I hesitated a great deal before deciding to kill you when we did - for fear you'd be hunting me. What made up my mind in the end was the fact that most likely you were only going to get more and more suspicious of me on subsequent NIGHTs, so if we didn't kill you then, we might not have another chance.
Actually we were setting you up. We believed that we left enough hints that we should be known and I was believed innocent and therefore likely to die. Boromir wasn't going to protect me. I didn't want him to and I was ready to die...I'm so mad that I didn't get to kill you though. I seriously just want to take the village on my shoulders and win, much to the annoyance of some like Formendacil.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:25 PM   #577
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

At last!

MWAHAHA!

Well, I was delighted to finally get to be a Wolf at last, but I am not sure that I want to be one again. I thought that being an Ordo was stressful! And my home and work life rather suffered as a result ...

I actually thought that I would make a rather poor Wolf, for a number of reasons. My main fear was that I would let something slip in one of my posts which, given that I had to maintain my standard verbosity, meant that each post took ages to create. And I wondered what I would find to talk about when I knew who was innocent and who was not. But my greatest fears were that the Seer would dream of me the first Night or that my continued presence would eventually arouse suspicion (thanks to Aiwendil for heading that one off).

Still, it was great fun, and I must first thank my fellow Wolves, Eomer and Aiwendil who were great team-mates and most gracious when ruthlessly sacrificed for the greater cause. I was mightily impressed when I first saw the line-up, and I was not proven wrong. We actually didn't start off with a Wolf sacrifice strategy, but were all alive to it as a possibility if it would be to the benefit of one or more of us. I was perfectly prepared to be sacrificed myself, had anyone ever seriously suspected me. I was just lucky that no one really did, apart from a few murmurs.

Those Wolf-on-Wolf votes were the most difficult decisions that I had to make all game, and the timing of them was crucial. Lucky that I have internet access at my desk. On both Days, I had calculated it more likely than not that each would be lynched, even without my vote.

Credit must go to dancing spawn and Farael, both of whom proved to be persistent and worrying thorns in our collective sides. Mormegil, Boromir88 and Formendacil also proved rather tricksy to us. I am sorry about the little tomfoolery on my part at the end there Farael, but I could not resist. You had been such a pain to us with your persistent pursuit of Aiwendil, that I felt a little sport was in order.

Thank you too to all those who participated, for contributing to such a fun (albeit nerve-racking) game. I must admit to feeling a little guilt concerning my deception of Nilp, but it just goes to show that hidden messages are no more reliable than open statements (but more of that later, on the admin thread). I also felt rather guilty about turning Celuien against Aiwendil and then using it against her the next Day. But deception is, I suppose, the name of the game when one is a Wolf.

As for those kills, well Holby on Night 2 was indeed pure luck. We just went for a villager who was under no suspicion and who had not suspected any of us. We actually thought that Farael might be the True Seer for his attack on Aiwendil, or even tar-ancalime, for her random vote for Eomer. We did not kill either because that would lead back to the Wolf whom each had suspected.

Anguirel (Night 3), we thought might be a Gifted. And, even if not, he can be a tricksy customer. And yes, Ang, you may take it as a compliment.

On Night 4, we agonised over whether to kill dancing spawn, given that it would point straight to Eomer. We resolved to do so on the basis that it might be portrayed as a frame-up, but kept in mind the possibility of a sacrifice. I also thought she might be the Ranger, because of Nilp's reference to her as the Hunter Princess, but then I had her village role pointed out to me!

By Night 5, we were sadly depleted, but coming round to the view that mormegil was the Hunter and Boro the Ranger. Morm's reference to giving the Wolves death had caught our attention, while Boro's White Tree icons suggested he might be the Ranger. We would have killed morm (before he became too suspicious of Aiwendil), but thought it better to try for the Ranger first.

Night 6, we agonised over killing morm, as we thought there was a good chance that he would be hunting Aiwendil. But we took the risk, thinking he was more likely to be after either Farael or Kath. It was a big gamble, but happily it paid off (even though Aiwendil was taken down the next Day).

Nights 7 (Formendacil) and 8 (Nilp) were obvious choices, and easy ones for me to make alone.

Well, as usual, I have wittered on for far too long.

So I shall now depart, but not before thanking, last but most certainly not least, Shemod (and also SubmodOfRohan) for an excellently modded game. The Shakespearian theme and associated narratives were a delight to read, even when signifying the demise of my pack-mates.

Fantastic game all round, although I think that I may now need to take a break from Werewolf for a while ...

Edit: Cross-posted with Aiwendil, Farael and morm.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:33 PM   #578
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Actually we were setting you up. We believed that we left enough hints that we should be known and I was believed innocent and therefore likely to die. Boromir wasn't going to protect me. I didn't want him to and I was ready to die...
Aiwendil's recollection is correct. It was my crazy paranoia!

Wen you dropped the hint about being the one to give the Wolves death, you mentioned Farael and tar-ancalime as your main suspects, in addition to Eomer. I thought that Boro might protect you. Then, if you survived and no one else was killed, you and Boro would have a strong indication that neither of them were Wolves since, if they were and they took the hint, they would not have dared attack you. On the other hand, if someone else had died, then Farael and tar would be looking very Wolfish to you.

Crazy, huh?
Old 03-07-2006, 08:16 PM   #579
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Quote:
while Boro's White Tree icons suggested he might be the Ranger.
That's just my typical icon I use...sorry but wasn't an intended clue, I'm much more blatant than that.

Day 2 I slipped the first clue to Anguirel..."For once I'll be watching my own back."

Then they kept getting more blatant with things like "Garin I'm sorry your suspiciouns have led you off track." and "Nilp that way of thinking could leave you off the wolves trail."

I actually was convinced by Sauce's innocence, I even told morm "I think he's caught onto my hints, I mean if he can find anagrams he should be able to spot my blatant hints." Which, I thought he did on day 2, but guess I was wrong. Then once morm was knocked off I had a bad feeling.

Rangering's tough, silly me I protected Eomer on night 1. I felt like that would be an obvious wolf target (if he wasn't a wolf that is), one of those more influential yet low-key type spawn person. So then night 2 I protected Spawn, alas one day too early. Night 3 it was nilp, I figured if the village was pretty much convinced of his innocence he would go. Then night 4 I had the ominous task of deciding either Formendacil or Sauce (I think I protected more wolves than innocents ). I protected Form, figuring being a known innocent now he'd be whacked, eventhough he being the false seer.

Anyway, nice weaseling by the wolves (especially Eomer at the end...sorry Celuien but you following him just got me cracking up).
Old 03-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #580
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Anyway, nice weaseling by the wolves (especially Eomer at the end...sorry Celuien but you following him just got me cracking up).
I must say that I felt pretty stupid after the outcome of the vote. Panic over possible gifted death and the threat of the imminent loss of your computer access is not a good combination when trying to make a decision about who's a wolf and who isn't. Especially when dealing with a very, very clever wolf like Eomer.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:29 PM   #581
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
I must say that I felt pretty stupid after the outcome of the vote.
This reminds me that I was rather irritated by the timing of Formendacil's False Seer revalation. We had planned that if Eomer looked certain to be killed, he would pull a False Seer impersonation. Of course, things probably would've turned out the same way - Form would have come foward and, given the choice between them, Eomer would look like the liar. But I would've liked to see it.
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:30 PM   #582
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
I noticed one big difference in how I played this game, and I hope some of you might have noticed it as well. I've never played more boldly then I have this game and I must say that I quite like it!! So expect my game style to change...slightly. Great game everyone!!
Old 03-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #583
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I actually was convinced by Sauce's innocence, I even told morm "I think he's caught onto my hints, I mean if he can find anagrams he should be able to spot my blatant hints."
Nope. I completely missed them.

What put us onto you really was working out that morm was the Hunter. There were only a few candidates, and I was swayed by the White Tree.

I must say that I was astounded that I did not attract more suspicion, particularly as I remained in the village towards the later stages. I was lucky on the timing with the kills on Nights 5 to 7, the reasons for which were obvious once their roles were known. My greatest fear was a sudden realisation on Day 8 that my continued presence looked mightily suspicious. Glirdan and Farael did voice concerns in this regard but, luckily for me, their suspicion of each other was the greater.

My argument, had it come up seriously, would have been that the Wolf had avoided killing me precisely because my continued presence would make me look suspicious, thereby ensuring three suspicious villagers at the end, rather than two and a very innocent-looking Nilp.

And I must say that I am rather proud (albeit slightly amazed) that I did not receive a sigle vote.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #584
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
This reminds me that I was rather irritated by the timing of Formendacil's False Seer revalation. We had planned that if Eomer looked certain to be killed, he would pull a False Seer impersonation. Of course, things probably would've turned out the same way - Form would have come foward and, given the choice between them, Eomer would look like the liar. But I would've liked to see it.
But then you can't forget about the wonderful (yet irritating for mormegil) Abercrombie pulled. When morm declared he was the hunter, abercrombie (wolf) said morm was lying and was the wolf. Of course we all believed abercrombie, because why would a wolf do such a thing? But it was just a ploy used to drag out the hunter. Pretty wonderful, yet I felt bad for morm as no one believed him. He must have been ripping his hair out.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:38 PM   #585
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
I must say that I felt pretty stupid after the outcome of the vote.
We also had to do some quick thinking on how to encourage suspicion of you after it, as it did make you look rather innocent.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:09 PM   #586
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
I must say that I was astounded that I did not attract more suspicion, particularly as I remained in the village towards the later stages.
You did attract all kinds of suspicion..... but we suspectors were already removed from the village by then....
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:24 PM   #587
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Problem with SPM is that the voting record talked loudly in his favour and even though suspicious, after six game days EVERYONE is suspicious. I was afraid of going after SPM out of WW paranoia.... but heck, I should follow my instincts blindly. I nailed Aiwendil since day one thanks to them.

To explain my insanely focused behaviour I figured that since I think none of us was in his/her first WW game, whoever got to be lupine would have developed good ideas on how to avoid the normal kind of suspicion... and so I tried to do things that had not been done before. My idea was that, even if my behaviour brought suspicion upon me, once I was dead and proven innocent it would have helped others to find a wolf (hence my suicidal turn). It was fun, but a little stressing... specially when I got serious about Aiwendil and no-one believed me.

Anyway, I have to go back to studying, I'll post some more tomorrow (RL) hopefully.

Oh, by the way SPM, don't sweat about the leg-pulling at the end.... right then it made me want to pull my hair off, but right now it's quite amusing to read back to it.

Well villagers, we were THIS close.... next time I say we lynch SPM even if he proves without a doubt he's the seer =P
Old 03-07-2006, 10:34 PM   #588
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril The royal invader girl rises from her grave.

Eomer, SpW, and Aiwendil, you wimps. Why kill me early?

Well done, SpW, by the way. Very well done. And here I was hoping we'd be werewolves for the first time together...

There's not much to say for me, really. Oh, except this: You have every right, Elempi, to say "I told you so."

P. S. I'm sorry, but this simply begs to be done:
++FORMENDACIL
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:55 PM   #589
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Holbytlass was chosen largely because no one was suspicious of her...
Well, the universe has flipped on its head (or maybe karma) -my being unnoticed has finally bit me in the rump and at a crucial time. SpM is finally wolf and everyone stops immediately suspecting him. Also it's pretty cool that Shelob got killed first (aftermod) in my game and I get killed first in her game!
Old 03-07-2006, 11:03 PM   #590
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Quote:
littlemanpoet: You did attract all kinds of suspicion..... but we suspectors were already removed from the village by then...
Precisely, I had a hankering SpW was not beyond reproach but since I am Captain Wolfie, I lived a short life. While taking in the final rounds, I constantly thought Sauce was the wolf. (Half applauding, half kicking myself.) He had to be... to live so long.... and no one picked up the destined to be an Ordo remark he made.

I did find it hard to believe that the other wolves accepted their sacrifices, yet, when I'm a wolf I am more than willing to give my life to the pack.
Sauce is so more cunning and I hold my allegiance to my cohorts too strong to hurt them. (former socialist be me)

In the future, maybe refrain from lynching from the true-hearted Garin. Nonetheless, I shant change my personality. Tis mine and I should be proud of it.

Post-death, I felt so cheated not to be a villager, not that I would not have succumbed to the charm of Sauce.

I see future wolves mimicking his strategy.

Accolades to all, and if I don't rep you, I either can't or you should remind me.

All give a hand to Shelob, a very imaginative and original mod.

Also, hats off to Abercrombie.

I have more to say but I want to check out the debate on the original WW site.

EDIT: Nice to see the regression to the old avatar, Magnificent Bastard.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"

Last edited by Garin; 03-07-2006 at 11:12 PM.
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:35 PM   #591
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
Double Post:
My last life as a wolf..
We figured that Sauce living for so long would indict him, it didn't. He rode it all the way to victory, this time.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:22 AM   #592
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Shelob, the playscript dialogue was completely inspired...

Saucie, your comment on Glirdan's tender flesh was one of the best wolf-gloats I've ever seen.

Never has the turquoise smiley with all the irritating teeth seemed so terrifying...
Old 03-08-2006, 01:44 AM   #593
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garin
Double Post:
My last life as a wolf..
We figured that Sauce living for so long would indict him, it didn't. He rode it all the way to victory, this time.
That's why you can never really rely on the lifespan of SpW and the like of him to judge their innocence or lycanthropy, which I for one tend to do.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:05 AM   #594
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Ack! I knew it!

Well... at the time of my death, I didn't. Various persons can attest that I thought Celuien the last wolf. I honestly didn't think that Eomer, Aiwendil, AND SPM could ALL be Werewolves. That's worse than the trio involving me that someone mentioned in-game.

However, I DID have suspicions of SPM. After Aiwendil was killed, I was sure of Nilp's innocence, but that started to give me vague suspicions of SPM, and he was my second choice after Celuien.

I was groaning, agonising in sympathy with the villagers this last day, remembering my first game, when it was me, Alcarillo, and Azaelia: two villagers and a wolf, and it was my rockheadedness that gave Alcarillo the victory.

Well-played game, everybody, and especially to SPM. I guess the old question of "Why is SPM still alive?" is one we ought to have asked ourselves more often.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:21 AM   #595
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Unbelievable. Unbelievable!!! Just yesterday I said that no way Sauce is the last wolf, and if he is, that's quite a way to start a werewolf career. Well, congratulations on the victory. You do realize, though, that after this your chances to survive Day 1's lynching are slim to none...

Eomer and Aiwendil, you played your parts well (obviously since you won). I wonder if I had ever spotted Eomer if we hadn't been heroes together in WW15.

Shelob, it was an excellent idea to write the narrations in a script form. Great job modding!

Villagers, we just can't win twice in a row... But it doesn't matter, it was wonderful to play with you all! When I first saw the players list, I was sure that this would be a great game - and it was. I wish I had lived a bit longer, though.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:45 AM   #596
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Also, would there be any interest in a list of what I referenced/used in my Death write ups?
Shelob, as a mere spectator, I'd love to see the list...
Old 03-08-2006, 03:41 AM   #597
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thumbs up I knew it!

Quote:
I must admit to feeling a little guilt concerning my deception of Nilp, but it just goes to show that hidden messages are no more reliable than open statements (but more of that later, on the admin thread). (The Saucepan Wolf)
I was making my case against you in the last NIGHT, dammit! You survived far too long. You didn't respond 'Top me lion' or something like that to my anagram. That Kath and Celu vote especially rankled me!

I had you! I could have avenged Lhuna and spawn! You foiled my revenge in the name of love!!!

*chirp chirp chirp*

Oh, well. Well played. But remember, I got two of you!
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:57 AM   #598
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Ah, Nilp. I still say Eomer's death was for me.

Now out with it, mod!

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 03-08-2006 at 04:02 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:42 AM   #599
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Great game, everyone. We were up against three extremely formidable wolves, and they were playing us from Day 1. We did our best, but in retrospect I don't think there was a moment when they weren't in control.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:31 AM   #600
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
You did attract all kinds of suspicion..... but we suspectors were already removed from the village by then....
Aint that the truth, it was good pickings for the wolves on who to kill. I mean bagging the seer on Night 2. Now I wasn't suspicious of Sauce until I was dead, but I certainly was pretty much convinced by Celuien and tar's innocence after Eomer's antics on the day of his death. And I was going to tell morm the same thing, but stupid wolves killed me before I could.

Quote:
I was groaning, agonising in sympathy with the villagers this last day, remembering my first game, when it was me, Alcarillo, and Azaelia: two villagers and a wolf, and it was my rockheadedness that gave Alcarillo the victory.
I remember that game, it was well played by Alcarillo. He was so suspicious looking everyone was like, he can't be a wolf. But I also take part of the blame, I knew I was going to be killed at night, and I was preparing to go after him, I should have left something to you two that I highly suggest looking at and lynching Alcarillo. That was a fun game too.
Quote:
I actually thought that I would make a rather poor Wolf, for a number of reasons. My main fear was that I would let something slip in one of my posts which, given that I had to maintain my standard verbosity, meant that each post took ages to create.
Funny, I can say the same thing, as a wolf it's much more important that you watch what you say, but I even find myself as an innocent going through and making sure I didn't say something totally wrong that would incriminate me.