Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-14-2004, 06:30 AM   #921
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Ok I am not a happy bunny!

I finally got Lespheria's post finished and was about to save it when microsoft works kindly decided to crash on me, a teething problem that I was assured was fixed, I now have to rewrite the last page.

I have put up a save and will see if I can convince my other half to let me invade his online time tonight, if not I will rewrite it tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:05 AM   #922
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Ah, yikes, Nerindel! Sorry to hear about your post. Good luck with the re-write - May it turn out even better than the original!

I will try to get a post up for Kaldir on Wednesday. Ealasaide the Hermit suddenly has a teenager living in her living room and can't seem to find a way to hide long enough to do any writing. Whatever I do will have to be done at work, so please be patient! Aigh!
Old 06-15-2004, 09:58 AM   #923
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
My save is filled for Léspheria and they are now having some much needed sleep, Hilde Vanwe will discover Menecin's disappearance in the morning if that is ok with you.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:09 AM   #924
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
That sounds fine to me, Nerindel
Old 06-15-2004, 10:19 AM   #925
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

ok I will wait for Eala's post for Kaldir, before moving us forward to morning. Does anyone else need to post before we move forward?
Old 06-15-2004, 11:02 AM   #926
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Yes, I need to post before daylight arrives, as I have almost finished a post for both Menecin and Rauthain. I will try to have them up ASAP. Or I could put in a 'save' if you would prefer.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:15 PM   #927
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Nerindel - yes, please wait until I can post with Kaldir before moving into morning! Thanks!

Also... a question... where is the garden where Vanwe and Lespheria are sleeping? Would Naiore be able to see them? If so, I will need to post with Naiore as well.
Old 06-16-2004, 04:10 AM   #928
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Thumbs up

Ealasaide , The garden is to the rear of the halls of the healers, it is a private garden, a memorial garden so to speak and although it has no solid walls it is enclosed by trees and bushes to allow privacy. hope that helps!

Quote:
I will try to have them up ASAP. Or I could put in a 'save' if you would prefer.
Hilde no thats ok, I have a post to do for Dragons and a battle scene in Rohan to finish.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:51 AM   #929
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Thumbs up

Yes, that helps. Thank you! I will assume that they are hidden and hold off with Naiore until the next day. My post for Kaldir should be ready by sometime this evening.

~Later~
Okay, my post is up! As far as my characters are concerned, the time frame may be advanced at any time.

Last edited by Ealasaide; 06-16-2004 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:09 PM   #930
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Well Menecin and Rauthain are up. Sorry that after saying I had nothing more I needed to post for this day I turned around and changed my mind and asked for the sun/moon to stand still to boot!

Also apologies to Everdawn if I have thrown you off track at all. Please let me know if I need to change anything.

Now to read what Kaldir is up to!
Old 06-16-2004, 09:50 PM   #931
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Okay, guys... now I DO have to post with Naiore. That's altogether too much activity outdoors for her to just sit there in her tree and do nothing.

The second I say that she has a clear view of the rear gardens and the stable, you immediately put all of your characters out there in the gardens and the stable. I can't let it slide.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:30 AM   #932
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

I had also thought that it might prove useful to have Avanill and Rauthain spot Menecin, (or rather the other way round), so if needed, Vanwe might find out (via Amandur maybe after 'watching' Avanill) that he is on his own and in the vicinity.

Quote:
she has a clear view of the rear gardens and the stable
Ah so that is what Juta was listening to!

Last edited by Hilde Bracegirdle; 06-17-2004 at 04:41 AM.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:04 AM   #933
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Yeah, well, even so... I have to say it's a little annoying that you guys put SO MANY characters out there and vulnerable (Vanwe, Lespheria, Rauthain, Menecin, Avanill) when you know I can't kill any of you because of the constraints of the storyline. It makes a very dangerous character look rather helpless and oafish if she does nothing.

I was willing to let Menecin slide. Then it was Vanwe and Lespheria. Now with the last bunch, it's entirely too much. Naiore is going to have to take some action. I will try to have my save filled in by Friday, but if I miss, it will probably be Monday before I will have a chance to write again.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:13 AM   #934
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

I would think Naiore would deem it too risky to go near Lespheria and Vanwe.
So sorry, I did not mean to bait her so with Rauthain and his whims, but the stream I thought was in front of the building. Ah well!

But Naiore isn't helpless, she's rather wise to pick the best moment to act.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:48 PM   #935
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Okay, maybe "helpless" wasn't the the best word for it. Ineffectual is more what I meant. At any rate, I just want to mention that I have decided to change direction somewhat. Instead of seeing nothing of anything that is going on, Naiore has seen something and will move on someone. Stay tuned!
Old 06-17-2004, 10:44 PM   #936
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
look! im putting up a save! (Finally) and mid-terms are over.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 06-18-2004, 10:50 AM   #937
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Correction

I've had a change of heart and deleted my save. For the moment Naiore will remain where she is. Time frame may advance at any time.

Everdawn - good to have you back!
Old 06-18-2004, 06:29 PM   #938
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Just wanted to pass along a short quote for inspiration taken from the Silmarillion and about the darkness that followed the death of the two trees (since it concerns the name of our endeavor here).

Quote:
…but the Darkness that followed was more than a loss of light. In that hour was made a Darkness that seemed not a lack, but a thing with a being of its own: for it was indeed made by malice out of Light, and it had power to pierce the eye, and enter heart and mind, and strangle the very will.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:09 PM   #939
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Technical difficulties

Sorry I haven't been around lately. I lost my land line at the weekend and for some reason the public terminal that I tried to use to let you guys know of the problem would not let me login to this site *shrugs helplessly* But my service provider now assures me the problem is fixed, Yay!!!

Everdawn, Ealasaide Are Barrold and Naiore going to hook up and do you both need to post before I wake everyone up?

Last edited by Nerindel; 06-23-2004 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:10 AM   #940
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Welcome back, Nerindel! Sorry to hear of your techinical difficulties! I have had very little computer access this week as well and had not realised that Everdawn had finished her post. I will go read it & let you know about advancing the timeframe. I should have my computer access problems ironed out by Sunday.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:33 PM   #941
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerindel

Everdawn, Ealasaide Are Barrold and Naiore going to hook up and do you both need to post before I wake everyone up?
no one change anything! ill mould my stuff around the rest. Im just having a little trouble finding what to do with sorry old Barrold!

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 06-28-2004, 05:20 AM   #942
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok my post is finished now!!! Yay! Everyone do a dance... or sit.. doesnt bother me what you do...becuase its finished!! (FINALLY!!!)

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 06-28-2004, 08:28 AM   #943
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Thumbs up

Yay, Everdawn! It's good to see ol' Barrold again.

I have ironed out my access problems and will be around again on a more regular basis... probably more regular than anyone would like!
But seriously, I will have more time now to devote to my posts.

Time Frame may be advanced. Does anyone have anything that must happen on the second day? Nerindel - I think you mentioned having Dúlrain wake up on the second day. Hilde Also Kaldir & Rauthain need to have their conversation. Is that everything? Or does anyone have anything else particular in mind?

If not, then we can move on quickly to the third day when all hell breaks loose, once we have a post or two from Dúlrain and Benia; and a post or two from Rauthain & Kaldir.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:33 AM   #944
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sounds alright to me.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:35 PM   #945
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I keep wanting to go into the Land of Darkness thread when im going to come here, its funny!

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 06-29-2004, 03:41 AM   #946
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

funny you should say that Everdawn, twice now I have opened the land of darkness thread meaning to come here!

Hilde, Ealasaide, what about the Naiore, Menecin, Vanwe thing we discussed should that not take place about now? I was going to wake Vanwe then Dulrain, is that ok?
Old 06-29-2004, 04:30 AM   #947
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

That should happen on the third day Nerindel. But I see it might be a little difficult for Vanwe.

I will PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:38 PM   #948
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Everdawn - I will PM you in the next day or so regarding plans for Naiore and Barrold. Sorry for not helping out a bit sooner! I didn't realize that you were kind of stuck.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:17 PM   #949
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nah, thats ok!

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 07-01-2004, 04:59 AM   #950
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Pipe

Thanks for the pm Hilde. As I am still stuck with what to do with Vanwe, I will go ahead and wake Dúlrain and continue I ponder on what to do with the young elf.

Another thing I was wondering shouldn't there be some sort of counsell? perhaps on the evening of the second day, where the rangers (Kaldir included), Léspheria, Avanill? and the Lords of Rivendell can discuss and debate how best to proceed. A carefully laid out plan could be conceived only to fall apart with the planned events of the third day.

Rauthain and Avanill could rely their plans for Avanill's potions?
Kaldir could air his concerns regarding his earlier episode?
Léspheria could offer to help the bounty hunter with that problem?
Vanwe uninvited could walk in insisting that she too should go, stating her reasons for doing so?

In a bit of Irony the elven twins could counsell that they stand together, trusting in one anothers abilities, alone they would be vunrable to the elven ladies talents, but together they may just suceed?

Amandur listening carefully to all sides would then agree with the twins and decide a plan that would suit all, but involve them all staying together, he would also suggest that Benia and the two hobbits remain in Rivendell for their own safety.

Benia and Gilly would not be part of the counsell as they do not hunt Naiore, Dulrain will still be in the care of the healers, so he too would not be present and Toby wants no further part of the elven woman.

just a suggestion let me know what you all think?

Edit:- Dulrain is now awake.

Last edited by Nerindel; 07-01-2004 at 06:23 AM.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:57 AM   #951
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Thumbs up

Sounds like a superb idea to me! I don't know why we didn't plan such a counsel before.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:10 AM   #952
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Thumbs up

Brillant idea! Let's run with it!
Old 07-02-2004, 08:36 AM   #953
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Ok I have some bad news, as from monday I will have little to no internet access as my computer will be in shop being repaired, we have just discovered the Floppy drive isn't working.
My advice to anyone planning to buy a new computer is Don't!
I miss my old system, it might have been an ancient relic and had a connection sped of a snail but at least it worked!

I can keep an eye on the threads using the public terminals at my local library, but the last time I was forced to used their systems it would not allow me to sign into the downs, so I do not know if I will be able to post.

I will also be on vacation from the 20th to 31st July, but I should have a little more internet access in this time.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:55 AM   #954
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Oh, my! That is bad news indeed... and just when things were beginning to heat up around here. Thanks for the heads up. Post when you can! Hopefully, you won't be cut off from us for too long.

PS - I'm hoping to get a post up from Benia today, which will put things back into Dúlrain's court.

Later. - Okay - I've posted with Benia. I hope that's not too steamy!

Nerindel - I hope what I've done is okay with you. I was thinking that if Benia and Dúlrain declare their feelings to one another, Benia will be that much more upset when Kaldir approaches her.

Last edited by Ealasaide; 07-02-2004 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:12 PM   #955
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

*Applaudes excitedly* Wow I loved it Ealasaide. *Wipes a happy tears from her eyes*

the first thing I have had to smile about all day, the prospect of lossing my computer for two whole weeks is driving me mad, I think I need to join netjunkies annoymous or something!
Old 07-02-2004, 01:18 PM   #956
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Thanks, Nerindel! I'm so glad you approve!

I know what you mean about netjunkies anonymous... you might as well throw me in a dungeon as cut off my computer access! It's how I keep up with almost everyone. On that note, I wanted to mention that if you have problems logging in to the Barrow Downs, you can always e-mail your posts to me & I will place them on the thread for you. Or, I'm sure Pio would be happy to help - eh, Pio?
Old 07-02-2004, 04:15 PM   #957
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
As with Dragons:

I can email the posts to you and you can send anything back to me:

piosenniel@barrowdowns.com

So - will all this start this coming Monday?

~*~ Pio
Old 07-02-2004, 04:26 PM   #958
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
-- Wimbledon - The Lingering Darkness match --

Chair ref calls out:

"Advantage, Miz Benia"

Old 07-02-2004, 05:13 PM   #959
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Thumbs up

Quote:
So - will all this start this coming Monday?
it sure will and again many thanks Pio!
Old 07-05-2004, 02:36 PM   #960
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

I've been thinking it over and decided I have been neglecting our Naiore. With that in mind, I have contructed a pair of back posts for Naiore. The first I have already inserted into the RPG thread at the end of my post #256, dated 6-1-04.

The second one I place here in the hopes that Pio can insert it into the RPG thread for me between Hilde's post #262 and Nerindel's post #263. (Please?!?)

Here's the post:

Naiore

As the day stretched on and activity decreased steadily in the vicinity of the back gardens, Naiore let herself sleep, awaking once at a hint of motion over by the corner of one of the buildings. Casting her senses in that direction, she thought she caught the impression of anger... a disturbed mind. Elven?

"Menecin!" she hissed, her back straightening against the rough bark of the tree trunk. "Has my Vanwe delivered you to me at last?" She leveled a piercing gaze in the direction of the perceived motion, but saw nothing further, only the pale green of leaves swaying in the afternoon breeze. The slender figure of Vanwe, leading her dark-haired and tragic father to his doom never appeared. After what seemed to be an eternity of waiting, Naiore felt a flush of rage and disappointment. Realizing that Vanwe was not yet fulfilling her purpose, the Ravenner pushed the flood of emotions away and settled back into waiting. Awake now, she reached out again in search of Vanwe and Menecin. Though she still felt the vague presence of the Bard's consciousness, his madness, she found she could not determine from whence it came. Her clear grey eyes studied the trees, the shadows, the corners of every wall.

Her vigilance continued through the afternoon and into the night as daylight waned and faded into darkness. She waited until the moon rose and, then, with the shadows gathered around her like a shroud, Naiore unwound her long legs and slid down from her hiding place. A restlessness had taken hold of her that was rooted in the continuous feeling she had that Menecin was somewhere nearby. Almost unconsciously, she listened for the sound of his singing, the melliflous tones of his flute. Only silence found her. And then the sound of voices. Two men approached, leading a dirty and illkempt-looking horse along the path that led from the stable to the stream. Instantly, she recognized one of the men as Avanill, the other as a ranger from the Forsaken Inn. Moving like a shadow herself, Naiore trailed them to the stream, taking a few seconds along the way to retrieve her bow and a small clutch of arrows from where she had hidden them earlier, selecting only orcish arrows from amongst the Elven ones. The elves must think her deed the work of a stray orc.

Unaware that she watched them, the two men chatted amiably as the ranger gave his horse a bath in the moonlit stream. Naiore knocked an arrow to the string and raised her bow. The traitorous Avanill, obviously not a prisoner but a willing co-conspirator of her pursuers, would have to die. Though she would have preferred to look into his arrogant eyes and squeeze the life out of him with her silken garrotte, an arrow would do the job. She smiled serenely as she sighted along the shaft of the arrow to his heart. The ranger would have to die, too, his presence an inconvenience, but not an unhappy one. It always pleased her to release a ranger from his mortal condition. Besides, it would not do to have him running about, raising an alarm. Left in the woods, it could be days before the bodies were found. By then, she would be long departed into the west or the south, her objectives accomplished.

But the arrow never left Naiore's bow. Someone else had joined the two men at the stream. Unable to see the newcomer, Naiore froze, straining her ears into the darkness, but the rush of the stream concealed the words. Though she could not make out what was said, the voice sounded Elven. Lowering her bow, Naiore crept closer, reaching out with her senses. Suddenly she stopped short as her mind came into contact with a familiar consciousness. A rush of jumbled emotions - anger, love, and madness - collided with her thoughts. Forgetting Avanill, she melted back into the shadows, her inky leathers blending with the surrounding darkness. Menecin!

She was unable to see him, but she knew with a cold certainty that the newcomer was Menecin. A smile again touched her lips. Perhaps she could achieve her goal without the help of Vanwe. She would wait for the Bard to emerge from the trees with his companions, then she would strike him down and be on her way. Pity it would have to be an orcish arrow to fell her former lover and the father of her child, but she had not the time to retrieve an arrow of Elven make. That he would be destroyed would have to be enough for her.

Patiently, Naiore waited, but when Avanill and the ranger finally finished their business at the stream and departed back toward the safety of the buildings, the Bard was not with them. Her attention now focused on the unseen elf, Naiore let them go and reached out again into the darkness with her mind, but the presence she had sensed earlier was gone. He had slipped away amongst the trees. Naiore hesitated, debating with herself whether to pursue him now or to wait. Cautiously, she glided in the direction in which she had heard his voice. Getting there, she found nothing, only the careless tracks of the men and their horse. Frustrated, she followed the stream bank for a short distance before turning back. Menecin had been a warrior at one time and, at that time, had been possessed of strong skills of woodcraft and concealment. Tracking him by moonlight when he did not wish to be found would be an exercise in futility, even for her. Perhaps she would wait for Vanwe to fulfill her task after all. Perhaps the time for Naiore to wreak her revenge had not yet come.