The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-13-2010, 05:59 PM   #321
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elronds_daughter View Post
Right. Now that I've read everything up to this point, and since I don't have time to draw enough of my own conclusions... Everyone seems pretty sure that a wolf is either Boro or me, and I know it's not me.
Okay, so this is really like - what more to say. Of course probably both innocent and Wolf would save their skin by voting like LRH just did (though I'm not sure if the threat was so imminent...), but just right now seeing it formulated like this, it just strikes me as underlining what I have been thinking about.

Hm, I find it still quite likely that it's going to be Boro who is lynched, but after this...

++Elronhubbard

I am still probably fine with either of those two being lynched. But just right now, I feel rather positive on Hubby.

Good Night, village...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:25 PM   #322
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
I'm debating right now between Boro, Lommy, and Hubby.

For one, I'm a little suspicious of the back and forth between Inzil and Hubby, but I can't help but raise my eyebrow at the voting-vendetta I'm seeing with Boro and Lommy. Boro's been very under-the-radar for a good portion of the game, yet Lommy has been quite assertive and witty in a manner I'd expect from a wolf.

I'll just peruse the thread and see if any new developments occur before I make my choice.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #323
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
The part of your Boro-radar you are missing right now Lommy is the one that says wolfBoro will defend himself ferociously and gets paranoid of the slightest suspicions.

This has been more of, I've had a rubbish game so far, and trying not to make a big scene to be a major distraction but still do what I can to give a non-sinister vote. But I realize I've been a strange enigma, so do what you must and go with my apologies for the rubbish play.

I can assure you to not be too disappointed, Lommy with what you find, because you should know I would go down with more of a fight as a wolf. I mean you saw what I did as a Fenris were-penguin. I still think you're a wolf though, cus I think you would know I don't throw in the towel when I'm an evil wolfy.

++Lommy
Old 12-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #324
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Votes so far,

Greenie -> Boro
Lommy -> Boro (2)
Elronhubbard -> Boro (3)
Legate -> Elronhubbard
Boro -> Lommy

Left to vote: Wilwa, Nessa

Is this the second day that Lommy and Boro have voted for each other? It's really strange the way that the two of them are so adamant about each other's guilt. I feel quite good about Lommy, and just a bit unsure of Boro. He is acting out of character, but it seems likely that that's just due to the fact that he can't be around as much as usual. So I don't really feel comfortable voting either of them. LRH, though some things she's said have been a little off, I think it's mostly just newbiness. So...

I don't know who to vote for. I'm afraid I'm in that weird position I seem to always be in where everyone looks shiny to me. So....I'm not going to vote, because it would either be a throwaway, or for someone I'm not suspicious of, and I would prefer not to do either.

Anyway, I'm off to bed, because I've been studying and doing exams all weekend and I need rest so that I can fully enjoy my day off tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:36 PM   #325
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Shasta's unable to be here and thus asked if I'd be able to close the DL today.

Works out good too, seeing as you've lynched me! And also with the Mod's permission can reveal that this ordo is now dead.

'Tis night.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:00 AM   #326
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sorry for the lateness.

Greenie was killed at night, but Legolas took down no one.

Day begins.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:44 AM   #327
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Oh my Eru...

So now there is five of us (!), still with one Gifted; I think there is no need to point out that we need to get a Wolf toDay.

So now I think every piece of evidence is important. First thing to consider is why Greenie was killed (while Nessa as a known innocent was not, but quite possibly the Wolves assumed she is going to be protected), which has a sub-question, since she was the Hunter and did not kill anybody, she could not have targeted a Wolf last Night (unless she'd forget to send her pick, but I think that unlikely). At the same time, the question is whether the Wolves targeted her knowing, or suspecting that she is the Hunter, because if yes, then it would have been deliberate and the Wolves would have assumed that she is not targeting either of them, otherwise they probably wouldn't dare to take the risk.

The mere fact that she did not get the Wolf is the worst thing, as it raises questions about some things. In her last post, Greenie said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
I will definitely not vote Nessa the as-good-as-known innocent, probably not Wilwa either. Which leaves me with Boro, Hubbard, Lommy and Legate. I would be fine with any of these actually. Least maybe Lommy.
Boro is dead, so if we try to come up with who was on her list, we can go through the remaining names. If her thoughts remained the same, then she did not definitely choose Nessa, probably not Wilwa or Lommy either, and so I would say the person she targeted would be either me or Elronhubbard. If it was the former, then from my part it does not in any way challenge my thoughts, but if it was the latter, then I would have to start doubting and wonder whether the Wolves are not Lommy and Wilwa together, since otherwise Hubby would have been dead by now. That said, I think Hubby would probably not target LG intentionally if she knew she was the Hunter, but that by itself wouldn't say anything about the nature of the Wolves anyway, only about their possible motives (as it might be simply that they targeted Greenie exactly because they thought she was not the Hunter or something...).

Anyway, after the death of Boro, it narrows down my choices a lot. Basically, the options for me (unless Eomer totally screwed up), are that the Wolves are Elro-Lommy, Elro-Wilwa or Lommy-Wilwa. The last of these options sounds the least probable for me, if it's the two of them, hats off; I probably wouldn't have even considered it if there was not this possibility that Hunter would have targeted LRH (although again, one of them it is). Still, I find LRH the sort of "safest" option, the most likely one. It is strange to imagine that Lommy would go after Boro so much if she was a Wolf, as it would put herself under suspicion. With Wilwa, on the other hand, there is the vote for Inzil, which I believe a Wolf would not really cast at that moment.

In any case, I would really like to see people post toDay...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 12-15-2010, 06:31 AM   #328
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

I apologize for my Voteless state yesterDay. I just couldn't decide who to vote, because at this point, it's easier to do more harm than good.

But, with the death of Boro, I'm really starting to look at Lommy. Sure, it would be a bit risky to bring that much attention to yourself with going consistently after one person, but it would also be a great way to be unpredictable-a perfectly wolfish strategy.

I'm going to go back and reread her posts...
Old 12-15-2010, 08:22 AM   #329
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Greenie? Well....I guess they figured Nessa would likely be protected, and so they didn't want to take the risk of not getting their kill. They probably didn't believe Greenie to be the Hunter, with so few people left and the fact that they could win toDay with the proper lynch, I doubt they'd risk the Hunter taking one of them down. So they may have felt she was the Ranger?

Anyway, so this is who's left:

Wilwa
Lommy
LRH
Legate
Nessa

That's 2 wolves, 1 Ranger and 2 Ordos. And Nessa is a known innocent.

So my options for who to vote for are the 3 L's. I am fairly equaly unsure of all 3 of them. YesterDay I know I wasn't really suspicious of anyone, but now that'd be a really dumb way of thinking, considering 2/3 of those people are wolves. So I'm going to go take a closer look at their posts.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:07 AM   #330
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Sting

Argh. Placed my bets in the wrong place last Night, it seems. On the other hand, so did apparently Greenie herself so maybe I shouldn't feel bad. And yes, I'm trying to say:

I'm Aragorn, also known as the ranger.

The successful save was Eomer, as you have probably guessed. I'm not going to say a word about the other picks though, because the wolves shouldn't know if I have protected myself already or not.

So that narrows the possible wolves down to Legate, Wilwa and LRH, which means there are two wolves in those three. Nicely done, guys, but toDay we have 2/3 hitting one of you and once we do, you're going to have tough time with me still alive.

I was rereading the thread yesterday and I made some observations on people, I'm now going to edit my notes to some form which might be readable. Basically I ended up thinking the wolves are LRH and Wilwa, but I was terribly annoyed with Legate and Greenie because I was going to be so mad if they managed to fool me (again). Now I'd be inclined to think either LRH or Wilwa is actually innocent and Legate is guilty because my first reaction was that he'd been the least likely pick by Greenie. Have to check her posts to get a better idea, though.

One more thing. Nessa, you are of utmost importance toDay, because you are, for sure, innocent. So please play as much and think as throughly as you can, because if we fail toDay, we lose the game. I hope I'm not sounding too patronising but this game is seriously killing me with all the pressure...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:05 AM   #331
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay so here come my quotes/points...

Quote:
I haven't played with you before, so I won't be voting for you toDay. Typical newbie pass. Hyper-nerviness is a common wolf-cub trait, however.
Zil to Rondie. Is this subtle advice?

2. Why did the wolves kill Eomer in the first place? Because he suspected Legate or for some other reason?

3. I find it interesting that when Sally died, Legate speculated about her death but failed to mention the most probable reason for her being killed: the wolves wanting to kill an ordo. Would a wolf have the cheek to do this? Wilwa, on the other hand quickly agreed with my thory about the wolves targeting Sally for ordoness. Now I know one of them has to be a wolf, but I'm just wondering which is a more furry approach: avoid mentioning the real kill reason (assuming I and various others were right) although it's obvious or agreeing with the innocent Captain Obvious who points it out. If it helps to know, Zil agreed with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
"Hey, certainly not that! I say that's really the worst thing we could do. If we do this, and the WWs do this, and we do this, and the WWs do this, then the WWs eventually win. Like, imagine the newspaper headlines: "Village lost by intentionally lynching only ordos!" Honestly!!! "
This looks like genuine frustration to me. I mean, a wolf could point the same thing out as it's kind of obvious Nog's suggestion was silly, but would a wolf be so outraged by it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
If so, for that matter, should we "vote" whom we'd like to see Hunted, or something like that? If even just for the record...
Would a wolf suggest this? Could...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
Hmm, I don't see that likely being the case (her [Lottie] being a wolf), the wolves really wouldn't have all that much to gain by doing that. Yeah, they get the Heir, but then the village would know right away that Lottie wasn't the real hunter, so we'd look at her posts tomorrow and maybe be able to narrow down her mates, and we'd still have all 3 of our original Gifteds. Atleast with lynching the Hunter the wolves can hope that another innocent is taken down with them, but if the Hunter is left up for them to kill then they are the only one's at risk.

Plus, I would think if she was lying the real Hunter would have come forward and said something by now, so that they could be sure to be the one lynched instead of the fake one (gosh, that is a weird thing to say, wanting to lynch the real Hunter instead of the known wolf ). Actually, that's another reason Lottie is likely not a wolf. The real Hunter could have easily come forward, been lynched instead, and taken her down with him (giving the Heir to the village, and accomplishing nothing positive for the wolves).

So basically I still think this was a good idea. We just hope Lottie is lucky enough to take a wolf, and then we get the Heir (so we still have all of our Gifteds), then tomorrow we can just start playing like usual.

I don't think I'll be able to come on again, I am so sorry at my awful participation, hopefully Day 3 will be better for me.

++Lottie
This post made me cry wolf. Not that the tone is off, but I find it weird Wilwa is around so little but she still manages to think about the tactical situation quite thoroughly and manages to think from the wolves' pow. I'm not saying thinking from the wolves' pow is criminal - I always do it and for a certain reason have been doing it extra much this time - but the relative amount of Wilwa's insightfulness has come from making smart comments on the wolves' probable thoughts, so it's really making me wonder. This post is a good example.

7. Legate made analyses of Nessa and LRH the Day before yesterDay. Would he have been drawing spotlight to a newbie fellow like that? Seems a little unfair and unlikely. If Legate and LRH are not fellows, Wilwa is a wolf for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondie
I'm finding my first instinct is to agree with Eomer that Inzil feels a tad slippery. Odd as this may sound, he just doesn't seem suspicious enough to not be suspicious. By which I mean, he doesn't seem to be throwing enough blame around. Which may just be coincidence, or may be an attempt to get by under the radar. And by "blame" I mean "large concentrations of suspicion". He's flung little bits and pieces of "it could be you" around at nearly everyone, but, even looking back through everything, I can't find any substantial claims.
Is this wolf-on-wolf? Not sure...

9. So which is more guilty this (including a vote for Zil in the following post) or this (xpost of the other)? Can't honestly say, and one of them has to be a wolf. I think it's more likely Wilwa is furry but I'm not sure at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondie
Still not entirely sure about anyone other than Nessa, but the fact that Legate is worried about my behavior makes me think he could be innocent.
?????

11. Legate wanted to go through Zil's posts himself and not rely on others. Now, I'm often like this as innocent but seldom as wolf. Just wondering if Legate functions by the same logic...

12. Rondie's vote yesterDay was fishy.

13. Absolutely no idea what to make of Wilwa not voting yesterDay...

Now, I have a 5-6 page essay to write toDay but honestly this is such a Day that I just have to devote time to this game - now or never - so I'll be here as much as I can. I want to look through everybody's posts yesterDay because the wolves were obviously trying to avoid the hunter and maybe hit the ranger, so who wasn't picked by them might tell a lot, as well as if we managed to figure out Greenie's pick, because they are innocent.

Btw, while typing this post I realised exactly how important toDay is. One innocent vote gone wrong and game's over because the wolves can just jump on the bandwagon. So please please Nessa and you unknown innocent, be careful. I will be careful too.

Although if I have to say something, I think Wilwa is the safest bet for lynch toDay, both because LRH and Legate don't very much look like fellows, Legate gives me the most innocent vibes out of the three and LRH is the kind of easy lynch victim whom I wouldn't vote at this point without double-checking my own reasoning...

Anyway, far from decided now! As I said, going to do some rereading but first I'll start on the essay, especially as no one else seems to be around.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #332
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Couldn't concentrate on the essay, so decided to have look on yesterDay. Trying to think from the wolves' pow and be objective, but can't guarantee I think the same way they did. Judging hunter picks as if hunters acted straightforwardly (hunted the same people they suspect) which is admittedly not even close to waterproof.

Greenie
probable hunter picks: maybe Elra or Legate not Wilwa or Lommy
giftedish behaviour? impossible to say
good kill for: Wilwa. Kind of good for me. Elra and Legate would've been gambling.

Legate
probable hunter picks: Elra, not Lommy, Wilwa or Greenie
giftedish behaviour? gives failry ungifted vibes if you ask me. (Now I know that sounds pretty mean but it was only meant in the ww role sense. )
good kill for: Wilwa, Lommy. Not for Elra.

Lommy
probable hunter picks: maybe Elra or Legate not Wilwa or Greenie
giftedish behaviour? I don't think I was being obvious but I'm not maybe the best judge for this.
good kill for: Wilwa. Elra and Legate in danger.

Rondie
probable hunter picks: not Legate
giftedish behaviour? no...?
good kill for: Legate, others would be very unsure.

Wilwa
probable hunter picks: not Lommy
giftedish behaviour? kind of - it would have been a brilliant move for the hunter not to vote or mention more suspects, I wonder if the wolves thought about this.
good kill for: nobody or anybody, depends how you read it. Best for me, unless she was double-bluffing.

So in total (leaving myself out)
Good kills for Wilwa: Greenie, Legate and Lommy. Elra not a bad choice.
Good kills for Elra: Wilwa. Others suspected her, Legate the most.
Good kills for Legate: Elra. Wilwa totally random, Greenie and me slightly dangerous.

So:
Good kills for Wilwa+Elra: None. Okay kills: Greenie, Lommy (but Legate would've been in danger).
Good kills for Elra+ Legate: Best kill undoubtedly Wilwa because Lommy & Greenie bot suspected them both
Good kills for Legate+Wilwa: I say Elra would've been the best bet since she trusted Legate and didn't say anything about the others. Okay kills: Greenie, Lommy (but Legate would've been in danger).

Greenie probably hunted Elra or Legate, so at least one of them is innocent. Ergo, Wilwa is a wolf.

If you look just at suspects, Greenie would've been the best kill for a team of Wilwa+Rondie, other teams would have probably gone for someone else. I think this logic is fairly valid because the wolves definitely wanted to avoid the hunter taking down one of them, especially as (as far as I see) there were not any special reasons that would make killing someone especially beneficial or especially harmful kill (ie clear ranger or hunter) universally.

Of course, Elra and Legate were probably the most suspected ones yesterDay, so it would have kind of made sense to leave them around to gather votes. But then again, it might have been smart not to attack Wilwa too (dangerous hunter because lack of opinions) or me or Greenie (likely-ish lynch material after Boro proven innocent), so I would regard the suspicions better proof.

Currently quite positive Wilwa is a wolf. Elra and Legate don't look like fellows (if they are, hats off!), and Wilwa looks the least innocent out of the three (although she has been marvellously unsuspicious all along, I have to say). Like I said, the kill points more towards Elra being the other wolf than Legate (and so does my common sense) but I'd prefer lynching Wilwa toDay to lynching Elra because I feel more sure about Wilwa and (sounds so mean to say!) I'd rather meet the wolf cub Elra in next Night's gamble than Wilwa who is an experienced player.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #333
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Still no one else around, huh? Not the best Day to be quiet... Then I guess it's timezones. Anyway, I'm going to stop flood-posting for now and since I now know where I stand until new evidence appears I can maybe concentrate on the esaay without being agonising over this game all the time... I'll be online at the same time, though, and refreshing this thread every now and then.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #334
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Unfortunate that toDay is so...momentous. Real life has me writing an entire minuet, due to be performed in less than three hours, and it's not quite half finished.
But I shall take a moment here before I go back to the world of 18th-century counterpoint....

Lommy...I believe you. I think. And I'm inclined to think Wilwa's a wolf. Probably Legate too, if you are who you say you are. (If you aren't, shame on me, but it seems an elaborate lie for this late in the game. So, I think you're being truthsome.)

Right. Now back to channeling Bach.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #335
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

*bangs head against wall*

*curses Legate*

*wants to explode*

That was a darn innocent post. LRH is innocent or then she is really awfully quick to give up her partner in crime. I wouldn't think that so unlikely if she suspected Legate a lot and Wilwa a bit less, but the fact that she suspects Wilwa more - when Legate is not her fellow, just can't be, or I'll eat my shoes - makes me pretty sure she's innocent. Or then she's just very cunning. Aiergh.

Then again, if Legate is a wolf, he's been just brilliant. I mean, wonderful. Argh. The funny thing is, if we lynch Wilwa toDay like I'd strongly suggest, then we (hopefully me and Nessa both still alive ) are still facing the same decision - Legate or LRH - tomorrow.

Anyway, toDay should tell us something. Hmm, I just got an idea how to avoid writing my essay: I could go through Wilwa's interactions with Legate and LRH and see which one looks more guilty.

Okay, okay, I won't, at least not yet. I still have lots of work in the essay and I think I'll just shut up until people show up. I'm most interested to see what Legate and Wilwa have to say. And I miss you, Nessa. Starting to feel paranoid alone, and also getting a superhero complex: I'm thinking I have to save the village alone. (Would be funny if it wasn't so stressful!)

Off to write essay. Hopefully someone appears soon. I'll be checking what's happening every now and then.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:58 PM   #336
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Or then she's just very cunning. Aiergh.
That one. I know you've no reason to believe me, but if you kill me, we lose. Simple as that. Legate and LRH are the wolves, I know that for sure (since I'm inclined to believe you, I can't see a wolf false-revealing right now when they have the oppurtunity to win toDay).

And I don't like that you've become totally convinced of my guilt. Your whole case is assuming that the wolves thought Greenie was a possible Hunter, maybe they had some strong reason to believe she was the Ranger, or a strong reason to believe that someone else was the Hunter (and therefore Greenie was not). You're making a big assumption, and it's taken you to the incorrect conclusion.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #337
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
And I don't like that you've become totally convinced of my guilt. Your whole case is assuming that the wolves thought Greenie was a possible Hunter, maybe they had some strong reason to believe she was the Ranger, or a strong reason to believe that someone else was the Hunter (and therefore Greenie was not). You're making a big assumption, and it's taken you to the incorrect conclusion.
I'm simply thinking they would've been scared of the hunter. Can't disagree, can you?

I have to say I've actually surprised myself with my conviction of your guilt. BUT even apart from the Greenie kill theory you look the most guilty and I feel sorry to say this because you've played so well: but Legate and LRH don't really sound like fellows at all. Take all Legate's spotlighting of LRH and LRH saying to Legate that his suspicion of her makes her think him innocent... it's quite a stretch.

Also, if both LRH and Legate are guilty, it means Greenie hunted me or you last Night. That's possible, but I'd think it slightly unlikely given how she seemed to have "rational" points for our innocence, and if you're innocent it's quite difficult to fabricate rational reasons and not believe in them at all.

Anyhow - call this lommy-flip-flopping or whatever you will - I'm not 100% sure you're guilty. I think lynching you is the safest option we have. However, like I said, my opinion may change, depends on what you and Legate and LRH say before my bedtime. I know I kind of killed the situation by rushing to state my own opinions but I can't play in a more calculated manner even if it makes sense. Well at least now I can see who is the most eager to buddy me up.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #338
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Okay, I think, even though before I had suspicions, Lommy, it'd be ridiculous for a wolf to false-reveal at this point, when they've nearly won already. So, I do believe you.

I'm not sure, however, that I can believe Wilwa to be a wolf. She posted so seldom for the longest time, and that seems extremely strange behavior for a wolf...
Old 12-15-2010, 03:45 PM   #339
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa Telrunya View Post
I'm not sure, however, that I can believe Wilwa to be a wolf. She posted so seldom for the longest time, and that seems extremely strange behavior for a wolf...
Well, she has been busy, I think. That's explanation enough for me. Schedules often matter more than your role.

But I'm not going to brainwash you into voting anyone. If there's something I value toDay, it's your independent thinking because otherwise it's just me and my superhero complex. So tell me what you think, who looks the most suspicious, what looks like the most probable wolf combo etc and let's see if we get any wiser together. Most of all the two of us shouldn't vote hastily, because it's us who actually decide toDay (scary, eh?) because the unknown innocent can't vote wrong (good for them!) unless s/he decides to vote me or you.

I have a few points against each of LRH, Wilwa and Legate in store but I think I'll shut up for a while and let you others talk and think and observe. After all, I still have the essay too.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #340
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Great, so Lommy's revelation makes it all clear at least for me: obviously. The trouble we have is that each of the three of us is going to say the same. Whichever way it ends, though, I am glad that I was right about LRH. Her partnership with Wilwa makes quite a lot of sense when looking at it now.

Nessa and Lommy, in fact you are in the place to save the village, because if you lynch me, then we have lost. Basically, it does not make much of a difference from my pov whichever you lynch, wilwa or LRH, simply don't lynch ME.

That said, I am afraid that we won't be able to get much further from here. I guess we can try to make some arguments and try to see why they are Wolves, but ultimately, this is just what it comes down to.

EDIT: x-ed with Lommy and Nessa
Old 12-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #341
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

I am really suspicious of the Inzil-Hubby conversation on Day 1... It's something to start with right? Trace the other wolves from the one we know. And she's been chipping in at just the right moments to tip the Votes.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #342
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I am really suspicious of the Inzil-Hubby conversation on Day 1... It's something to start with right? Trace the other wolves from the one we know. And she's been chipping in at just the right moments to tip the Votes.
Completely coincidental, I assure you.

Right. Well. I stand firm in my belief that the wolves are Wilwa and Legate.

I have a feeling those two will vote for me. At this point, I'm the only other unknown.

They've already been through the "By the gods, I don't care who you kill, just don't lynch ME" routine, so that's old, so I won't bother with it.

All I ask is that you, Nessa and Lommy, think carefully about who you're sending to the noose.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #343
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I have looked once again at the thread, now when I look at it retrospectively, all of the things stand out in a completely different light.

LRH indeed acted many times in the manner of the sort of basic Wolf, or newbie-Wolf attitude. Her Day 1 "of course now everybody is suspecting me, just because of a little bit of self-preservational instinct" was probably a genuine Wolvish fear, likewise, she seemed to me like using the tactic of "buttering up" players from time to time - I even believe that her yesterDay words that because I suspect her, she thinks I am innocent might have been something like that - I mean, that's a thing you might suppose to throw many innocents off-balance if they are suspecting you. Her way of e.g. suspecting me and Lommy early on was made in the sort of classic "I am suspecting them, but of course I might be wrong" way, to make herself an escape route, if need be. And the Inzil-debate was just the last thing.

Wilwa, on the other hand, was all the time generally subtle, I would say that she was basically avoiding making her own decisions. Her posts early on contain basically no real content, that way, she managed to slip past by and "fly under the radar". Her vote on Day 1 was random, her vote for Lottie was merely one in the crowd, with Inzil, she probably planned to cover herself with a Wolf-on-Wolf vote. Last Day she did not vote at all. She did not make much of a contact with anybody, not really any direct links, except for mentioning the Lommy and Boro business, which however was sort of "in course" back then. I am sure it was all just calculated. Basically, she is the sort of elusive type of Wolf, leaving no direct trace.

That's sort of to do justice to everything - you can see for yourselves.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #344
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Well, is anybody around?

The time is getting late for me. I am going to remain around for some amount of time still, but I need to go to sleep too. Lommy, Nessa, if you are debating between Wilwa and Hubby, simply choose one of them which you think is likely, but make sure you choose the same one. I can follow your vote, just as long as it is one of them. Then we can hopefully lynch the other one the following Day. But simply make sure that it is one of them, or we are finished already now.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #345
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Nessa,

I'm currently thinking our wolves are Wilwa (wasn't her post exactly like a wolf's that has given up?) and probably Legate. There is something that rings false in his manner (but ok I admit I suspect him everytime he takes that tone and sometimes he's innocent). Not exactly sure what to make of Elra's "And I'm inclined to think Wilwa's a wolf. Probably Legate too, if you are who you say you are. (If you aren't, shame on me, but it seems an elaborate lie for this late in the game. So, I think you're being truthsome.)" (emphasis mine). It just seems weird. However, her tone rings the most innocent in total to me. Like I said, Wilwa is giving up too easily and sounds like a cornered wolf (is not contributing etc) and Legate on the other hand seems kind of too quick to assure we're on the same team with him. Elra seems the most honest.

I'm not sure at all about Legate being a wolf, but I'm pretty sure Wilwa is one. That's why I'd feel by far the safest to lynch her and will vote her unless you absolutely forbid me to. I'd love to check the three's interactions with each other and Zil, but it's 3am here and I still have an essay to finish, so honestly I'm not sure if I can.

Do you have any specific thoughts? Anything new?
Old 12-15-2010, 07:16 PM   #346
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

I suppose, if either Hubby or Leggy were a wolf, wilwa would be a logical packmate for either. We should go for whoever has the most possibility, and everyone needs to vote together to be effective.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #347
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I suppose, if either Hubby or Leggy were a wolf, wilwa would be a logical packmate for either. We should go for whoever has the most possibility, and everyone needs to vote together to be effective.
Right. One reason - I know I keep repeating this - I suspect Wilwa above all is that it seems so unlikely LRH and Legate are fellows/ both wolves.

So my preference would be to lynch her toDay and make the decision between LRH and Legate toMorrow when at least I have more time to go through Zil and Wilwa's interactions with them. With good luck (50% chance ) we are both still here to ponder that toMorrow and at least one of us will be.

All of this of course assuming I'm not totally wrong and LRH and Legate are in cahoots. In that case I take full responsibility for the innocents losing (although please still don't neg-rep me, after all I made a save and all ) and say they actually deserved it with putting up such a show.

So, huge objections against lynching Wilwa toDay anyone? I'm considering going to sleep very soon and finishing the essay tomorrow since there's 2h 15min at least between the end of my lecture and the deadline...
Old 12-15-2010, 07:26 PM   #348
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

And haha as a total piece of randomness I get the most wolvish vibes from Nessa atm. Epic fail gut-feelings, eh?

(Eomer would deserve a flogging if Nessa was a wolf.)
Old 12-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #349
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
And haha as a total piece of randomness I get the most wolvish vibes from Nessa atm. Epic fail gut-feelings, eh?

(Eomer would deserve a flogging if Nessa was a wolf.)
Haha, I guess I'm a total creeper. XD

But in all seriousness, I think Wilwa, being the most logical packmate for either of the two, should be our vote.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #350
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Brilliant, just as long as we don't epic-fail toMorrow, but I think if you read the posts toMorrow carefully, it will be clear. So can I count on you voting wilwa? Because otherwise, even if you vote somebody else, we lose, because if I vote wilwa and you vote otherwise, the two of them can simply join and vote me or one of you.

edit: x-ed with Nessa
Old 12-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #351
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Brilliant, just as long as we don't epic-fail toMorrow, but I think if you read the posts toMorrow carefully, it will be clear. So can I count on you voting wilwa? Because otherwise, even if you vote somebody else, we lose, because if I vote wilwa and you vote otherwise, the two of them can simply join and vote me or one of you.

edit: x-ed with Nessa
++Wilwa
Old 12-15-2010, 07:37 PM   #352
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, one, two, three -

++wilwa

It's up to you.

EDIT: x-ed
Old 12-15-2010, 07:40 PM   #353
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

++Wilwa

Huh, now I can go to sleep.

However, even though I sleep tonight, I won't be sleeping toNight.

Have fun, lone wolf. At least I'm giving you almost as much headache as you are giving me.

PS. Let's just hope there will be a Night.

edit: xed with Legate who isn't celebrating so we probably chose correctly... yay... or then he's just really mean! Anyway, going now.
edit2: okay he actually xed with Nessa... eek.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #354
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Oh common. I didn't give up, I had to leave! And then before I have time to beg for mercy you all go vote me all at the same time!

*glares at everyone*

I go the whole game with like no suspicion, and then *poof* when I'm this close, then suddenly everyone hops on me?
Old 12-15-2010, 07:46 PM   #355
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Just because I find great enjoyment in doing this sort of thing:

++Wilwa

Let's just make it unanimous!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #356
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Great! There will be Night.

I just wanted to remark how funny it is when you are simply voting for a known Wolf... I think I actually have never experienced that, like, not from my perspective (it's been always just like some other Seer said it and I followed, but I don't recall that it would ever be me who would be the one knowing it by myself).

Anyway, good Night, and let's hope for a good toMorrow too.

EDIT: x-ed with wilwa...

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 12-15-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #357
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Oh common. I didn't give up, I had to leave! And then before I have time to beg for mercy you all go vote me all at the same time!

*glares at everyone*

I go the whole game with like no suspicion, and then *poof* when I'm this close, then suddenly everyone hops on me?
Sorry darling, I told you you were good, but Legate and LRH kind of sealed your fate by being very un-fellowy and so did Greenie by failing to kill anyone.

Feeling relieved now. Now I can sleep peacefully. Yay.

PS. Wilwa don't be too unhappy, even though I plan to make a save toNight there's still a fair chance your team will win due to a tad too many mislynches by the village and you having a slight advantage of numbers in the beginning.

edit: xed with poor Wilwa and fishy-ish Legate
Old 12-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #358
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Since my dear Pop and Cake enjoy doing this sort of thing, I've decided to provide you with some entertainment.

x'ed Lommy, haha, I don't feel all that awful, I get lynched so rarely as a wolf that it's nice to have a change once in a while

Last edited by wilwarin538; 12-15-2010 at 07:54 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:23 PM   #359
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

<sigh of relief>

++ Wilwa

Now it's unanimous.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:01 AM   #360
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
The site just now came back up for me.

In any case, Wilwawolf is no more.

It is now Night. Last wolf and Ranger please make your choices.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote