The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2002, 11:41 PM   #1
Legolas
A Northern Soul

Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Ring TTT Quotes

Post your favorite TTT Quotes here...

Last edited by Legolas; 11-19-2004 at 09:27 PM.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 01:03 AM   #2
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

This maybe paraphrased but I just gotta post this one....it's from Helm's Deep:<P>Gimli: Toss me.<BR>Aragorn: What?<BR>Gimli: Toss me. It's too far for me to jump. You'll have to toss me.<BR>Aragorn: All right.<BR>Gimli: Just don't tell the Elf!<BR>Aragorn: Not a word...
Old 12-31-2002, 02:15 AM   #3
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

So many good quotes, just can't remember them <P>I enjoyed the ones in Sam's speech in the end and another one of my favorites<P>Legolas: "You're late" (says it in Elvish), "You look terrible"<P>I just love that one, it is just so good natured
Old 12-31-2002, 09:51 AM   #4
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

For Legolas, I believe it went something like:<P>Eomer: I would cut off your head if it weren't so low to the ground<P>Legolas: You would die before your stroke fell<P>(That was one of my favs)<P>But here is my ultimate favorite. The only time in the movie I was actually feeling like crying. <P>Sam: It's me. It's your Sam. Do you not know your own Sam?<P> Ah, I feel a tear coming on. Oh, I have to get a picture of this and change my signature. I just have to.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 10:02 AM   #5
Poppy Fields

Lets see, I have a million qoutes. My favorites involve gimil and frodo+sam.<BR>~Farimier: Who are you....Speak<BR>Frodo: We are hobbits from the Shire. I am Frodo Baggins, and this is Samwise Gamgee<BR>(turning to Sam)Farimier: His body guard?<BR>Sam: His gardener<BR>~Sam: Its not right, needs potatos.<BR>Gollum: Whatss Potatoss?<BR>Sam: Po-ta-toes! boil them, mash um, stick um in a stew!<BR>~(I like the toss me gimil one, but someone already said it)<BR>(Also like the you look terrible one, but someone already said that, too)<BR>(and the dont you know your sam)<BR>~Sam: I wonder if we'll ever been in books and stories. I can hear it now. Can we hear the story of Frodo and the Ring. Yes, I want to hear about frodo. He was very courages dad, wasent he? Yes son, the most famousts hobbit, and thats saying a lot.<BR>Frodo: But your leaving out a important charachter. Sam the Brave. Yeah dad, we want to hear more about Sam. He was very brave. And Frodo wouldnt have gone far without Sam.<BR>Sam: Now dont kid Mr. Frodo. I was being seirous.<BR>Frodo: So was I.<BR>Sam: hmmm...Sam the Brave.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:31 AM   #6
Eruwen

Tolkien

omg, i completely forgot about all of those! The famous Po-ta-toes line and the hmmm....Samwise the brave! Of course!! I love those. But which one do I choose for my signature? Ah, this is getting tough.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:31 AM   #7
Barodir
Animated Skeleton

Barodir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The Dwarf tossing one was good. I like the one with Gimli speaking to Eowyn about Dwarf women, and she looks at Aragorn and he goes "It the beards." Also, when Gandalf yells at Wormtounge was good:<BR>"Keep your foul tounge behind your teeth!"<BR>I forget what he said after that.
Old 12-31-2002, 11:28 AM   #8
the mortal elf
Wight

the mortal elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to the mortal elf
Tolkien

Actually, I think it's "forked tongue" but whatever. Same meaning gets across <P>I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like those great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end, because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s just a passing thing, this shadow. Even the darkness must pass. A new day will come. A new sun will shine, and when it does, it’ll shine out the clearer. Those were the ones that really stayed with you, that meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turnin’ back, only they didn’t. They kept going, because they were holding on to something. [Frodo: What are we holding on to, Sam?] That there’s some good in the world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for. --Samwise the Brave <P>Shall I describe it to you, or would you like me to find you a box? --Legolas<P>Cold be heart and hand and bone and cold be travellers far from home. They do not see what lies ahead when sun has failed and moon is dead! --Gollum/Smeagol<P>The fires of Isengard will spread, and the woods of Tuckburrow and Buckland will burn. And all that was once green and good in this world will be gone. There won't be a shire, Pippin. --Merry<P>You could've picked a better spot --Gimli<P>Nice lovely golden chips, and a fried fish... --Sam<P>(nasty noise) --Gollum<P>Even you couldn't say no to that --Sam<P>Oh yes we could. Spoiling nice fish... Give it to us Raw and Wriggling! You keep nasty chips. --Gollum
Old 12-31-2002, 11:32 AM   #9
My Cat Sasha
Animated Skeleton

My Cat Sasha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to My Cat Sasha
Sting

Ahhh! Where do I start?<P>Sam: Don't you know your Sam?<P>Sam: *Speech at Gondor*<P>Sam: You're hopeless.<P>Sam: PO-TA-TOES!<P>Sam: His Gardener.<P>Sam: *talks about being put into stories*<P>Yes, I'm a Sam Fan. There are some good quotes in the book too.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:59 PM   #10
Sithren
Pile O'Bones

Sithren has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sithren
Sting

ok...i saw this earlier, but they did it wrong...the part where Gimli says "toss me" he doesn't say just don't tell the elf...he says, "don't tell the elf" anyways....maybe i'm wrong but i don't think so
Old 12-31-2002, 01:48 PM   #11
Eruwen

Tolkien

Whoa, Mortal Elf, did you find a movie script that said that quote or something? I would have never been able to memorize that entire quote by Sam. If you did find the script somewhere...where did you get it?
Old 12-31-2002, 02:45 PM   #12
Lomelinde
Haunting Spirit

Lomelinde has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Theoden: "Now for wrath, now for ruin, and a red dawn. Forth Eorlingas!"<P>That is one of the most stirring war cries I have ever heard. I also really liked the little speech by Sam in Osgiliath. Oh, and:<P>Frodo: "You're leaving out one of the most important characters; Samwise the Brave. I want to hear more about Sam. Frodo couldn't have gotten far without him."<P>Sam: "Now Mr. Frodo, don't make fun. I was bein' serious."<P>Frodo: "So was I."
Old 12-31-2002, 03:44 PM   #13
the mortal elf
Wight

the mortal elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to the mortal elf
Tolkien

Eruwen--nope, I've just seen TTT 6 times so far, and the last 4 times I've been working really hard at memorizing it. The last time I saw it, I was able to quote almost the whole second half of the movie!
Old 12-31-2002, 04:33 PM   #14
Jimmy_The_Dwarf

My favorite qoutes in TTT were:<BR>Sam: It's your Sam. Don't you know it's your Sam.<BR>Pot-ta-toes!!!<BR>Boil em, mash em, stick them in a stew<BR>Lembas bread and look more Lembas bread. I don't mind to foreign food. This elvish stuff is not to bad.<BR>I want to hear about Frodo and the ring. That is my favorite story. (I had to laugh at that one when I saw it.)<BR>of course the tear jerking speech at the end of the movie.<BR>Gimili:Breathing is the key.<BR>Dwarves are lateral sprinters.<BR>Couldn't of picked a better spot<BR>People believe that dwarves just pop out of the ground.<BR>Dwarf women are sometimes mistaken for dwarf men.<BR>Toss me Aragorn, don't tell the elf<BR>Legolas: Do you want me to discribe it to you or get box for you(Gimili LOL)<BR>Saying your late in elvish to Aragorn.<BR>The white wizard approaches<BR>Treebeard on't be hasty!!!!<BR>I never heard of a hobbit before.<BR>We have decided that you are not orcs.<BR>It's orc mischtif.<BR>A wizard should have known better.<BR>Gollum/Smeagol:What's taters?<BR>Fat stupid little hobbit!<BR>You can have your nasty chips. I like my fissshh raw and wiggglingg.<BR>You don't have any friends.<BR>Smeagols free!!!!!<BR>Theyr'e nice yes they are.<BR>Go away and never come back.<BR>Gollum Gollum(when he coughs)<BR>We'll let her do it.<BR>Aragorn: Not a word.(When he tosses Gimili)<BR>When he talks to Haldir.<BR>It's the beards(when Gimili talks to Eowyn.)<BR>Eomer:What is a man, a dwarf, and a elf doing a the riddermark?<BR>Dwarf if you were but a little higher I would chop off your head.<BR>Gandalf:I come to you now at the turn of the tide.<BR>When he talks to Grima Wormtounge.<BR>Would you let an old man have his walking stick?(winks at Aragorn)<BR>Merry: Theyr'e might be no shire Pippin.(Telling Pippin after trying to convince the Ents about Saurman)<BR>Saurman: the quote he had about industry(A little nod to Tolkien not liking industry?)<BR>Frodo:Sam your'e missing one of the cheif characters. Samwise the Brave. Frodo wouldn't have gotten far without Sam.<BR>Nothing dampens your spirits Sam.<BR>Look Sam an Oiliphant.<BR>Theoden:The war quote when they rush out of Helm's Deep.<P>
Old 12-31-2002, 05:12 PM   #15
Eruwen

Tolkien

Oh my, well I've only seen it once so I can understand that now. Oh, and another one of my, strangly, favorite quotes. This one also I was so moved over I almost started to cry. <P>Frodo: (To Sam about Gollum) What do you know? Nothing! You know nothing!!<P>Ah, that part made me cringe so much I wanted to run in there and yell at Frodo while a tear runs down my cheek. That part was so sad.
Old 12-31-2002, 06:46 PM   #16
Nenya
Wight

Nenya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Eruwen: I have to admit that I liked that one too. The book-Frodo would never had said it, but still, Elijah Wood handled the line very well. And yes, it made me want to cry...Oh, I'm so predictable. Just give me some weepy-stuff, and there's no way I could dislike it.
Nenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 06:51 PM   #17
Alex Chamois
Animated Skeleton

Alex Chamois has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Then I will die with them!" - Aragorn
Alex Chamois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 06:56 PM   #18
Barodir
Animated Skeleton

Barodir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Let this be the hour that we draw swords together!"<BR>-Theoden
Old 12-31-2002, 07:23 PM   #19
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hmm.. my fave quotes huh? well:<BR>Gandalf: I return to you now at the turn of the tide<BR>Legolas: You're late( in Elvish) You look terrible<BR>Gimli: Keep breathing, thats the key, breathe!<BR>Frodo: So was I (after Sam's little 'if we'll be in stories' speech)<BR>Sam: PO-TA-TOES!! <BR>Sam: Don't you know your Sam?<BR>Aragorn: Then I shall die as one of them!<BR>Pippin: The tree is talking!<BR>Pippin: Don't talk to it, Don't encourage it!<BR>Merry: There won't BE a Shire, Pippin<BR>Sam: Samwise the Brave!<BR>Gollum: We could let Her do it...<BR>Saruman: There will be no dawn, for men
Old 12-31-2002, 09:49 PM   #20
Taure Leafsilver
Wight

Taure Leafsilver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Taure Leafsilver
Sting

Pippin: "The closer we are to danger, the farther we are from harm. It's the last thing he'll expect"<P>you have to admire his logic......<P>Sam:Practicaly every thing he says but I really liked "lembas", his story speeches and "PO-TA-TOES!!!"
Old 12-31-2002, 11:07 PM   #21
ambi
Pile O'Bones

ambi has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

well... <BR>Sam : It's just like the great stories, Mr. Frodo, the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end, because how could the end be happy?<P>Legolas : You are late.<P>Smeagol : Go away and never come back<P>Gollum : Smeagol, why do you cry?<P>Theoden : Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?...<P>Aragorn : Then I shall die with them.<P>Sam : We shouldn't even be here.<P>Eomer : Not alone. Forth Eorlingas!<P>Gimli : Toss me.<P>Merry : There will be no shire.
Old 01-04-2003, 11:42 AM   #22
Haldir
Animated Skeleton

Haldir has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Haldir
Sting

I really loved those lines:<P>Eowyn: leave me alone, Snake !<BR>Grima: Oh, but you ARE alone, who knows what<BR>you have spoken to the darkness on the bitter<BR>watches of the night.<P>Gandalf: Keep your tounge behind your teeth !<BR>Grima: Your staff ?!, I told you to take the<BR>wizard's staff !<P>Sam: We need a nice fish... and some tatos !<BR>Gollum: Tatos ?, what's tatos, precios ?<BR>Sam: Po-Ta-Tos !<P>Eomer: Don't mistrust hope, for it has forsaken<BR>these lands..<P>Saruman: Who now has the power to fight against<BR>the armies of Isengard... and Mordor ?<BR>The old world will burn in the fires of<BR>Industry..<P>Frodo: My name is Frodo Baggins, this is<BR>Samwise Gamgee..<BR>Faramir: Your bodygaurd ?<BR>Sam: His gardener..<P>Frodo: they're here<BR>(I love the way he says it)<BR>Faramir: Nazgul !<P>Gimli: Tell me your name, Horsemaster,<BR>and I shall tell you mine<P>Legolas: Red sun is rising, blood has been<BR>spilled tonight..<P>Treebeard:I told your names to the Ents and<BR>we have got to a decition..<BR>Merry: Yes ?<BR>Treebeard: We have decided... You are no Orcs<P>Treebeard: I like going south, somehow, it<BR>feels like going down the mountain...<P>btw<BR><I><BR>When Legolas tells Aragorn in Helm's Deep<BR>that they're all going to die in Elvish, it<BR>seems to be in Elvish because he didn't want<BR>the fighters to understand him and be nervios,<BR>than I think Aragorn really was dumb to shout<BR>in plain English "Than I should die as one of<BR>them", did anyone else find that idiotic ?</I>
Haldir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 11:49 AM   #23
LOTR_know-it-all55
Animated Skeleton

LOTR_know-it-all55 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to LOTR_know-it-all55
Shield

Here's Eomer,Legolas, and Gimli's conversation on the plains of Rohan:Eomer-what business have a man, a dwarf and an elf in Rohan?<BR>Speak Quickly!<BR>Gimli-Give me your name horsemaster and I'll give you mine.<BR>Eomer-I would cut off your head Master Dwarf, if were but a little higher off the ground.<BR>Legolas-You would die before your stroke fell!!<BR>You remember these things when you've seen the movie 4 times!
Old 01-04-2003, 11:50 AM   #24
LOTR_know-it-all55
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Haldir~I agree that "A red sun rises;blood has been spilt this night!" is a great line!! But no one else seems to agree!!
Old 01-04-2003, 11:59 AM   #25
Eruwen

Tolkien

Hey I like that line! I just forgot about it. And Haldir, why did you find that Aragorn spoke that in English so idiotic? It made the moment more thrilling. <P>I mean, it wouldn't have been the same if he had just shouted it in Elvish. Then the soldiers around him would have just looked at him going, "What did he just say?" "It think it was in Elvish." "Well him and that Elf have been fighting for quite some time now."<P>It just made that scene better. I loved it. But I guess people are entitled to their opinions. And I respect that. I can see where you are coming from there, but I just really really liked that scene.
Old 01-04-2003, 12:59 PM   #26
LOTR_know-it-all55
Animated Skeleton

Shield

I think just about avery line has been quoted!! Oh well maybe I'll find a new one when I go see TTT for the fifth time later today.
Old 01-04-2003, 01:04 PM   #27
LOTR_know-it-all55
Animated Skeleton

Sting

ooo i got one!!<BR>Merry is talking to Treebeard and Pippin says ~"Merry don't talk to it! Don't encourage it!"
Old 01-04-2003, 05:23 PM   #28
Eruwen

Tolkien

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Merry: There won't BE a Shire, Pippin<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>OMG. I was so overwhealmed by that scene. It almost felt like it was a dream to me. I mean, seeing the look on Pippin's face when Merry says There will not be a Shire, it was breathtaking. The reality of it all just felt like a dream. Like it wasn't real. Like the whole journey was fake. <P>I guess PJ really got me into the movie to have me feel like that. I think I almost felt like I was there in Middle Earth watching all of this happen. But that line was one of the best lines in the entire film. I have to give credits to Merry and PJ for that one. {I'm not sure if it's in the books or not, but if it is, I give credits to Tolkien as well.}
Old 01-04-2003, 09:54 PM   #29
Tori

Tolkien

Gollum- "We swears on.. on.. on the precious!"<P>Frodo- "The ring is treacherous. It will hold you to your word."<P>Pippin- "The closer we are to danger, the farther we are from harm. It's the last thing he'll expect"<P>Legolas- "The red sun rises. Blood has been spilled this night."<P>Gollum- "We could let HER do it."<P>Frodo- "I want to hear more about Sam. Frodo wouldn't have made it far without Sam."<P>Sam- "Now don't kid Mr. Frodo. I was bein' serious.<P>Frodo- "So was I"
Old 01-05-2003, 01:13 AM   #30
Armani_Elf
Animated Skeleton

Armani_Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

maar ari...<P>I've got loads...having seen the movie 9 times already.<P>ALL OF GOLLUM/SMEAGOL'S LINES. he ought to win best CGI character.<P>Gimli: "Breathe son...Breathe"<P>Gimli: "Give me ur name horse master, and I shall give u mine."<BR>Eomer: "I would cut off ur head, dwarf...if it stood a little higher from the ground"<BR>Legolas: You will die before ur stroke fell!<P>Gimli talking about the females dwarves....lol<P>Pippin:.0The tree is talking merry..the tree is talking... Don't talk to it merry...don't encourage it!<P>Legolas: Aragorn nad no ennas<BR>Aragorn: Men Cenich?<BR>Legolas: the white wizard approaches...<BR>Aragorn: Don't let it speak to us..he'll put us under a spell....<P>Wormtongue: "Saruman has been but our friend and ally!" (his tongue was really forked man)<P>King Theoden : no parent should bury their child...<P>Lord Elrond: Do I not have ur love, also?<BR>Arwen: You have my love father....<P>Treebeard: we.....have come to a decision.....<BR>Merry: Yes?<BR>Treebeard :You...are not orcs.<BR>Pippin: well that's good news.<P>Legolas: Le ab-dollen..You look terrible.<P>Legolas: Boe a hun...neled herain, dan caer menig? Aragorn man i ndagar...hyn u ortheri...nartha daged aen!<BR>Aragorn: then i shall DIE as one of em!<P>Haldir: We have come to honor that alligance...<BR>Aragorn: mae govennan, u are most welcome.<P>The battle sequence....lethio i phillin!!! <P>Frodo: frodo would never have gone far without sam..<BR>SAm : now master frodo...u don't have to make fun..i was being serious...<BR>Frodo: So am I.<BR>Sam: samwise the brave.... <P>peace
Old 01-05-2003, 02:13 AM   #31
Arwen_RingBearer

Sting

OK, I'm an Arwen_Aragorn fan so... lets begin.<P>Arwen: There is still hope<BR>-<BR>Aragorn: Edra le men, men na guil edwen, haer o auth a nîr a naeth.<BR>(You have a chance for another life, away from war... grief... despair.)<BR>Aragorn: It was a dream Arwen, nothing more, This belongs to you.<BR>Arwen:It was a gift. Keep it! (I loved how "cold" she sounded"<BR>-<BR>Aragon: This is a dream<BR>Arwen:Then it is a good dream<BR>-<BR>Elrond:Ah im, ú-'erin veleth lîn? for those who don't speak the language it means "Do I not also have your love?") (it would be quenya)<BR>Arwen:Gerich veleth nîn, ada. (again "You have my love, father"<BR>-<BR>Aragorn: Minlû pedich nin i aur hen telitha.<BR>Arwen: Ú i vethed nâ i onnad. Boe bedich go Frodo. Han bâd lîn.<BR>Aragorn: Dolen i vâd o nin.<BR>Arwen: Si peliannen i vâd na dail lîn. Si boe ú-dhannathach.<BR>Aragorn: Arwen. <BR>Arwen: Ae ú-esteliach nad, estelio han, estelio ammen.<BR>KISS<BR>I'll translate it now <BR>Aragorn: 'You told me once... this day would come.'<BR>Arwen: 'This is not the end... it is the beginning. You must go with Frodo. This is your path.'<BR>Aragorn: 'My path is hidden from me' <BR>Arwen: 'It is already laid before your feet. You cannot falter now.<BR>Aragorn: Arwen.<BR>Arwen: 'If you trust nothing else... trust this... trust us.<BR>-<BR>This is a piece of cake for all the fans, for this line is in the uncut version which I saw at a private premiere!<P>Arwen: Law, hîr nín, ú dollen i Rîw. Anírach, nui lû, gwannad uin gwaith lín?<BR>Arwen: 'No, my lord, the winter hasn't come. Do you wish, before the time, to leave your people?'<BR>-<P><BR>Hope you liked it. By the way, I'm fluent in quenya and 7 other dialets of middle earth, if anyopne needs anything, message me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2003, 03:38 AM   #32
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Could anyone post the quote that Eomer said to Gimli than what Legolas said after? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Legolas - do you mean this part?<P>EOMER<BR>What business does an elf, a man, and a dwarf have in the Riddermark? Speak quickly! <P>GIMLI<BR>Give me your name, horsemaster, and I shall give you mine. <P>EOMER<BR>I would cut off your head, Dwarf, if it stood but a little higher from the ground. <P>LEGOLAS, in a lightning fast move, points an arrow at EOMER<P>LEGOLAS<BR>You would die before your stroke fell! <P>yeeaaaa that's a pretty sweet line. This film, like the last, is FULL of 'em. I'm taken by this one: "I am Gandalf the White now. And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide." <BR>Gandalf is and ALWAYS will be my favorite character. I CHEERED, cried and clapped during the first scene and when he announced his promotion!
Old 06-26-2003, 10:38 AM   #33
Victoriel

Silmaril

I love the part when Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli meet the Riders of Rohan who are led by Eomer. Especially, the part when Legolas sets that bow and arrow at him so fast! I was about to faint when he said: "You would die before your stroke fell." My eyes enlarged at that moment!!
Old 06-26-2003, 01:45 PM   #34
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Theoden:<P>"No parent should have to bury their child."<P>Eomer:<P>"To the King!"<P>Faramir:<P>"The ring will go to Gondor."<P>My cheers echoed throughout the cinema on hearing that line.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:54 PM   #35
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think the most powerful, and my personal favorite lines in TTT are:<P>Theoden:"No parent should have to bury their child."<P>Pippin:"The tree is talking Merry..the tree is talking... Don't talk to it Merry...don't encourage it!"<P>Gollum:"We could let HER do it."<P>Frodo:"I want to hear more about Sam. Frodo wouldn't have made it far without Sam."<BR>Sam:"Now don't kid Mr. Frodo. I was bein' serious.<BR>Frodo:"So was I"<P>Legolas:"The red sun rises. Blood has been spilled this night."<P>Gollum:"Oh yes we could. Spoiling nice fish... give it to us raw and wriggling! You keep nasty chips."<P>Those are the only ones I could think of off the top of my head.<P>Burzdol<p>[ June 26, 2003: Message edited by: Burzdol ]
Old 08-08-2003, 07:13 PM   #36
Gimli stonesheild
Pile O'Bones

Gimli stonesheild has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

my favroite Quotes are <BR>-Sleep! I feel the need of it. Yet my axe is restless in my hand. Give me a row of orc-necks and room to swing and all weariness will fall from me!"<BR>-I will be dead before I see the ring in the hands of an elf...Never trust an elf! <BR>-Let them come! There is one Dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath.<BR>-Galadriel: And what gift would a Dwarf ask of the Elves? <BR>Gimli: Nothing. Except to look upon the lady of the Galadhrim one last time, <BR>for she is more fair than all the jewels beneath the earth. <BR>-Gimli: I have taken my worst wound at this parting, having looked my last upon that which is fairest. <BR>Henceforth, I will call nothing fair unless it be her gift to me.<BR>Legolas: What was her gift?<BR>Gimli: I asked her for one hair from her golden head. She gave me three
Old 08-08-2003, 07:19 PM   #37
Gimli stonesheild
Pile O'Bones

Gimli stonesheild has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

ahhh how could i forget these<BR>-Nasstey fat hobbitiss you ruensss it<BR>- Gimli: Toss me.<BR>Aragorn: What?<BR>Gimli: Toss me. It's too far for me to jump. You'll have to toss me.<BR>Aragorn: All right.<BR>Gimli: Just don't tell the Elf!<BR>Aragorn: Not a word...<BR>-“you could have picked a better spot”<BR>“Do you want me to discribe it to you or get box for you”
Old 08-08-2003, 08:58 PM   #38
Maeglanthirion
Animated Skeleton

Maeglanthirion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maeglanthirion
Tolkien

Gimli: Give me your name, horsemaster, and I'll give you mine.<BR>Eomer: I would cut off your head, dwarf, if it stood but a little higher off the ground.<BR>Legolas: You would die before you sword fell!<P>Frodo: I am Frodo, of the Shire, and this is my companion, Sam<BR>Faramir: Your bodyguard?<BR>Sam: His gardener.<P>Gimli: What is happening?<BR>Legolas: Would you like me to describe it to you, or shall I fetch you a box?<P>Aragorn: Ladders!<BR>Gimli: Good!<P>Gimli: 2! 2 already!<BR>Legolas: I'm at 19.<BR>Gimli: 18... 19...20...21...22...<P>Gollum: AAAhhh! What's he doing? Stupid fat hobbit! He ruins it!<BR>Sam: What's to ruin, there's hardly any meat on him. What we need is some nice juicy taters.<BR>Gollum: What's taters, precious?<BR>Sam: Po-ta-toes! Cook em! Eat em! Stick em in a stew! Nice lovely, beautiful chips!<BR>Gollum: *raspberry* <BR>Sam: Even you couldn't say no to that!<BR>Gollum: Oh yes we could! Give it to me raw, and (can't understand him). You keep your stupid chips!
"I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails, and we break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. This day, we fight!..."
Maeglanthirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 04:37 AM   #39
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

If you are looking for tTT movie script it's <A HREF="http://www.legomirk.com/lotrscript2002/a.html" TARGET=_blank>here</A> (with some pics!).You can check your quotes there.<P>One of my favourites is Aragorn's: Show them no mercy for you shall receive none.<BR>Great are also Gollum's: "Rock and pool is nice and cool, so juicy sweeeet. I only wish to catch a fish, so juicy sweeeeet!" and Haldir's:we are proud to fight alongside men, once more.<p>[ August 09, 2003: Message edited by: dancing spawn of ungoliant ]
Old 08-09-2003, 02:26 PM   #40
Sauron 666
Haunting Spirit

Sauron 666 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Has anyone seen the TTT trailer on the FOTR extended DVD?? (its one of the easter eggs). There's this really poetic quote by Theoden which i can't recall if it was in TTT or not. <P>other than that, nothing that hasn't already been mentioned. <P>Worst quote: Gandalf: the battle of helm's deep is over, the battle of middle earth is about to begin. (I cringed when i heard that)<P>Why?: quoting Churchill is a dubious exercise at best, Tolkein hated allegory.
Sauron 666 is offline   Reply With Quote