The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-07-2006, 12:11 PM   #1
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril Survivor : All Star

Welcome one and all to the latest edition of Middle-Earth Survivor: All Star Survivor!

This edition of Survivor will consist of 5 tribes. Each tribe will have 6 members. So 30 characters in total.

The Tolkien characters in this game are the last 3 voted out and the first 3 voted out of all the past Survivor games.

Each round will be 24 hours long, starting and ending at 2pm EST time, look at the time on this post to see what time that is for you (minus about 10 minutes). I do work, so I might have to end a round a little late or a little early, you will be warned the day before if I have to do this. Someone might also have to fill in for me in a couple of weeks for 3 days. (Glirdy most likely)

The Rules

Everyone can vote, but for only one person at a time! Like this:

++Wilwarin

Please bold your votes, and put them on a seperate line, I will still count them if you don't, but this makes it easier for me to spot.

If you wish to change your vote, do this:

--Wilwarin
++Glirdan

I will allow more then 1 character to be cast off at a time, but my limit is 3 at a time. If there is a tie for more then three, I will cast of the first 3 who reached that number.

Please post a reason for why you want that character cast off. It can be funny or serious, but it's not as fun when you just vote for a random character, try and be creative!

These are the contestants:

From the Lord of the Rings Survivor
Merry
Gimli
Hama
The Witch-King
Gandalf
Arwen

From the Silmarillion Survivor
Maglor
Sauron
Elbereth
Osse
Manwe
Ingwe

From the Hobbit Survivor
Smaug
The Bullroarer
Gloin
Durin
Ori
Bofur

From the Second Age Survivor
Tar-Miriel
Celebrimbor
Celebrian
Thorondor
Tar-Aldarion
Ar-Pharazon

From the Minor Works Survivor
Chrysophylax Dives
Goldberry
Alf the Prentice, King of Faerie
Perry-the-Winkle
Princess Pam
Tom Bombadil

You may now start voting! I will tally the votes tomorrow (tuesday) at 2pmEST.

Have fun!

Last edited by wilwarin538; 08-07-2006 at 12:21 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:06 PM   #2
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
++Maglor

Let the elf slaughter begin. Now Maglor's music grows wearisome already. His lyrics are as tired as my arguements too
Old 08-07-2006, 04:25 PM   #3
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

++ The Witch-king

I mean, honestly, the character was nothing more than a glorified puppet.

Away with him, I say!
Old 08-07-2006, 04:40 PM   #4
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

++Celebrimbor

His fancy Elvish rings were pretty much useless. I mean who wants Rings that only protect and preserve? Everyone wants domination and control, that's why they couldn't ever use the Ring's if Sauron was around. I mean does anyone know what Vilya supposedly the 'Mightiest of the three' ever accomplish?
Old 08-07-2006, 08:37 PM   #5
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
+ + Alf the Prentice, King of Faerie

Because, I never did get to vote for him, being the mod for MWS, after all.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:42 PM   #6
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
I think I'll join morm on the Elf slaugher...for now. Besides, why do we want a winner who was won to win again??

++Maglor
Old 08-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #7
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
++ Tom Bombadil

C'mon...

That guy was just a trouble and had no raison d'être to be. His being just confuses and does not settle anything and gives the story no new direction.

Yes we can play with the early ones, but as Tom has no part in the unfolding of the events, then he's just dead weight? Yes, there was lots before the story goes on and it's nice to see the "older entities", but still, why that kind of a pop-singer in the middle of the story that otherwise is so believable?

Bad-pop, no future!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:17 AM   #8
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I second Kuru. The Witch-King is a puppet, and not even an interesting one.

++The Witch-King

PS. Don't you guys dare to kill Maglor! Tsk, tsk. He's a good guy.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:21 AM   #9
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Quote:
I think I'll join morm on the Elf slaugher...for now. Besides, why do we want a winner who was won to win again??
Back to back would be a serious accomplishment...if it is achieved. But, I would encourage for TV rating purposes to hold out on Maglor, all the viewers will be caught up in 'Can it be a repeat performance' hype, and 'How long of a run can Maglor make it...' You want to get rid of an Elf, join me in kicking out Celebrimbor...the guy made some cheap rings to his own profit.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:33 AM   #10
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Boromir, I see your point. I'm ready to switch to your campaign if the situation looks bad for Maglor. He's a brother of my favourite, after all. (Though Celebrimbor is my favourite's nephew... Darn.)

What about Ori? He's useless and doesn't have a personality either. Besides, his name means "stallion" in Finnish. Get rid of this dwarf-horse, I say!

--The Witch-King

++Ori
Old 08-08-2006, 06:36 AM   #11
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

I'll go for Ori, I want interesting match ups, feuds, and storylines...Ori just stands there and is non existant anyway. Plus, he doesn't adds no interest to the series at all

--Celebrimbor

++Ori
Old 08-08-2006, 06:37 AM   #12
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Lommy is making a lot of sense here!

Why to carry a minuscule stallion dragging us down here? The lack of personality or any specialness is a reason for lynching that beats just someone being a teflon-faced pop-star...

-- Tom Bombadil

++ Ori
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:22 AM   #13
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
What exactly does Maglor do except walk around singing and acting all sad and tragic?
Old 08-08-2006, 07:37 AM   #14
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
What exactly does Maglor do except walk around singing and acting all sad and tragic?
Supports his brother (who is lovely) and makes wonderful music!
Old 08-08-2006, 07:42 AM   #15
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
For one age and something: alternately slaying orcs and kin.

For two ages and some more: well, nothing really. But you have to admire the perseverence in it! It takes a lot to sing and act sad and walk by the shores for several thousand years.

How can you even consider eliminating Maglor?!

Having said that, I'm very fine with the ending of the existance of Ori. What did he do on Bilbo's companionship anyway.

++Ori
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:47 AM   #16
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
++Ori

Why do I vote Ori? Well, I agree with the things Lommy has to say, he reminds me of Stargate and I realy want to upset Mormegil. . .

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:58 AM   #17
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Votes so far:

Maglor - 2
Witch-King- 1
Alf - 1
Ori - 5
Old 08-08-2006, 09:04 AM   #18
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Supports his brother (who is lovely) and makes wonderful music!
Ori does all that and more.

Quote:
Why do I vote Ori? Well, I agree with the things Lommy has to say, he reminds me of Stargate and I realy want to upset Mormegil
Past greviances coming to the front eh?

I seem to make more enemies than friends in these.

Quote:
For two ages and some more: well, nothing really. But you have to admire the perseverence in it! It takes a lot to sing and act sad and walk by the shores for several thousand years.
No it creates a very boring character.

Quote:
For one age and something: alternately slaying orcs and kin.
So we want to keep a murderer on do we?
Old 08-08-2006, 09:11 AM   #19
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
No it creates a very boring character.
Are you saying that Maglor is more boring character than Ori? The nobody stallion-dwarf? (And his brother's not lovely, btw...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
And tell me what Ori does with goblins!

And if you're interested in a pacifist campaign, morm, I could support it - but we just have to start with Ori, not Maglor!
Old 08-08-2006, 09:11 AM   #20
Mirkgirl
Haunting Spirit

Mirkgirl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkgirl
(hopefully, some lost souls which havent been seen for years here can still have a vote)

I'd agree about WK being a puppet... I always thought it would be a lot more interesting to see him die from a prophecy, if we have seen like anything of him before
++ Witch-King
"Hobbits! Well, what next? I have heard of strange doings in this land, but I have seldom heard of a hobbit sleeping out of doors under a tree. Three of them! There's something mighty queer behind this."
Mirkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:13 AM   #21
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
Makes him a far more interesting person than Ori.

Quote:
I seem to make more enemies than friends in these.
Don't get caught up in alliances/grudges, like me, being random seems the best route.

Just for a little poll, who's everyone's favorite to win? I mean me personally a Manwe Sauron finale would be absolutely killer, the battle of ultimate good vs. ultimate evil and who will win can't get any more exciting than that.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:18 AM   #22
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Ah!! I just reaslised that there's another Elf on here whom I'd rather see gone!!

--Maglor
++Arwen

She knocked Glorfindel off his horse!! She's a usurper (by knocking him off his horse )!! COME TO MY AID ALL YOU ELF HATERS AND VOTE OFF THIS HORRIBLE USURPER!! LET'S GET RID OF THE....*tries to think of another word other than usurper* well, I can't seem to find another word... So, I'll stick with USURPER!! (Hey! I have a new favorite word in this game! )

That is all.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:24 AM   #23
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Arwen is one of the few ladies here, and probably the only fiesty one...I mean it's not her fault Glorfindel was a panzy and a pushover.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:25 AM   #24
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

I suppose I will vote also:

++Ori

What does he do in the Hobbit? Not much. I'm sure he could have tried a little harder to help out poor Bilbo.

Votes now:

Maglor - 1
Witch-King - 2
Alf - 1
Ori - 6
Arwen - 1 (you never give up do you Glirdan?)
Old 08-08-2006, 09:26 AM   #25
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
1420!

++ Osse, 'cause he's such a changeable water type--oh, and henpecked, to boot.

And 'cause I'm sitting back and watching Diamond be provocative.

Last edited by Bêthberry; 08-08-2006 at 09:36 AM.
Bêthberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:29 AM   #26
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
And tell me what Ori does with goblins!
He doesn't kill his own kin over a jewel!

Quote:
Don't get caught up in alliances/grudges, like me, being random seems the best route
Oh I don't. I get in with an alliance so long as it serves my purpose. I rather enjoy goading people and in return I get this sort of behavior back at me . There are some people who would rather kill off their favorite to save somebody that I want to be booted off. This is what makes this great.

Quote:
Just for a little poll, who's everyone's favorite to win? I mean me personally a Manwe Sauron finale would be absolutely killer, the battle of ultimate good vs. ultimate evil and who will win can't get any more exciting than that
Never! Too many grudges out there to go releasing that info.

I'm not an elf hater per se but there are far too many elf fan boy/girls out there to let them dominate this competition.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:06 AM   #27
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

You're right Wilwa, I never do give up!

Quote:
Arwen is one of the few ladies here, and probably the only fiesty one...I mean it's not her fault Glorfindel was a panzy and a pushover.
Yes, but there are much better females left in here, Elbereth and Goldberry for instance. So I say we be rid of the usurper!! She's really rather annoying too... Good thing Legolas isn't in this, I'd be gunning for him instead!

Oh, and if it's a question of who did what in what time fram or what not, why not get rid of Bullroarer? What did he do in the Hobbit? Hmmm?? Sure he invented Golf, but that was years before the Hobbit took place!! But I'm not changing my vote. Instead of the movie "John Tucker Must Die", I'm changing it to "Arwen The Elf Must Die!!"
Old 08-08-2006, 10:20 AM   #28
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
That just earned you a spot on my list of enemys!

That makes the list look like this:

1. Mormegil
2. Boromir

Old 08-08-2006, 10:23 AM   #29
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Where am I on that list?
Old 08-08-2006, 10:25 AM   #30
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

You are on my "Death Enemy List" and it would be to obvious that I am an elf lover, if I put you on the published list.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:14 AM   #31
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Pipe

45 minutes left!

And I will post the votes so far again, because I'm sitting here at home bored out of my mind with nothing better to do :

Maglor - 1
Witch-King - 2
Alf - 1
Ori - 6
Arwen - 1
Osse - 1
Old 08-08-2006, 11:36 AM   #32
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
++SMAUG

Because by the time we got to know him in the Hobbit he wasn't a proper dragon at all, he was more like a lounge-lizard.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:02 PM   #33
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

The exciting Day 1 of All Star Survivor was a great start to the game. Many votes were cast, and they were spread out nicely, but the fianl votes were for:

Maglor - 1
Witch-King - 2
Alf - 1
Ori - 6
Arwen - 1
Osse - 1
Smaug -1

Ori will be cast off the "island" today.

Ori got up and started to walk away from his tribe of Hobbit Survivors, carrying only his little flute. As he turned around one last time to say goodbye to his tribe, Ori tripped on his grey cloak and fell of a conveniently placed cliff, never to be seen in a game of Survivor again.

Thus ends Day 1!

The remaining contestants:

From the Lord of the Rings Survivor
Merry
Gimli
Hama
The Witch-King
Gandalf
Arwen

From the Silmarillion Survivor
Maglor
Sauron
Elbereth
Osse
Manwe
Ingwe

From the Hobbit Survivor
Smaug
The Bullroarer
Gloin
Durin
Bofur

From the Second Age Survivor
Tar-Miriel
Celebrimbor
Celebrian
Thorondor
Tar-Aldarion
Ar-Pharazon

From the Minor Works Survivor
Chrysophylax Dives
Goldberry
Alf the Prentice, King of Faerie
Perry-the-Winkle
Princess Pam
Tom Bombadil

Day 2 starts now! You have 24 hours to cast your votes!

PS: Day 2 might end a little later tomorrow, it could possibly be extended up to three hours, hopefully not that much, but you never know.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 08-08-2006 at 12:19 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:27 PM   #34
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
+ + Durin

Deathless Durin's doom does dreadfully descend!
Old 08-08-2006, 01:24 PM   #35
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots If at first you don't succeed...

...++ Witch-king, ++Witch-king again.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:29 PM   #36
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Another dwarf eh? No I think we should really strike at the heart of the elf fan boys and that is none other than Maglor. Think of it if you have another favorite to win it's best to eliminate Maglor now so he isn't left near the end.

++Maglor
Old 08-08-2006, 02:05 PM   #37
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
What's so bad about the Witch-King?

++ Celebrían

Once an orc says boo she goes for the Havens. Imagine she lived in the first age...
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:29 PM   #38
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

What, exactly, does the Witch-king do?

His beastie spooked Snowmane causing Theoden's death. He chickened out facing Gandalf. He got snuck up on by a hobbit. He was killed by an opponent he should have crushed. He made a complete fool of himself at the battle of Fornost (in every conceivable way).

I mean, let's face it, the guy was a weenie who was operating on reputation alone. Tolkien himself even said...

Quote:
They have no great physical power against the fearless
(Ha! Managed to work in a quote from The Man himself...beat that! )
Old 08-08-2006, 02:32 PM   #39
mormegil
Maundering Mage

--Maglor (for now)

++Witch-King

I've made cases elsewhere about the Witch-king but the simple fact is that he's a pawn...as it Maglor.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:28 PM   #40
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I think this time I will agree with Tuor and vote for

++Durin

He may be deathless, but that doesn't stop him from smelling majorly.