The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-23-2005, 09:55 PM   #281
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

I'm beginning to wonder why Boromir88, the phantom, and myself have all survived this long. For me, it is truly something of a puzzle because I'm innocent and the wolves know it. Why wouldn't they want to get rid of me? Is it because I've been wrong about everything? I've seriously suspected (at some point or other) practically everybody but Boromir88, so at some point I must have suspected somebody who is guilty. On the other hand, have I been spared because I am such a promiscuous suspector? Or is it because I've been on the right track the whole time and they are afraid of killing me because it would point back to them?

I can readily think of a reason why both Boromir88 and the phantom would both still be alive...perhaps it is time I begin seriously suspecting Boromir88.

Anyway, I recall saying something at some point that if Gil-Galad was innocent we'd want to take a look at Kitanna. Perhaps we should follow the phantom's suggestion and endeavor to put both Kitanna and Marc on the spot today. Of course, if he is a wolf then he is probably trying bump off two more innocents.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be around much toDAY. I have bigwigs in the theater and faire business to hob-nob with. I'll try to check in again in the morning and will probably have to vote then.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:06 PM   #282
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
I'm beginning to wonder why Boromir88, the phantom, and myself have all survived this long.
I have wondered when someone would ask this.

Here is a good reason why we may have survived this long (I'm assuming all three of us are innocent for this hypothesis)-

We are good thinkers and likely to be followed, and since we have yet to catch a wolf we have obviously been leading people wrong. We have pretty good powers of deduction, but we can't use them very well until at least one wolf has been found, so why would the wolves overly fear our powers of deduction at this point?

Also, the three of us (especially you and I, Kuru) are extremely likely to turn on each other when we keep surviving night after night. The wolves figure it is bound to happen- sort of like it is with SPM and I.

In truth, I suspect that you or Boro would've killed me by now if you were wolves, and you two probably suspect that I would've killed you by now if I was a wolf, and yet we are still likely to take a good shot at each other when it gets down to the final day or two, just because... I don't know. I guess just because that's what we do.

The wolves probably bet on us doing this, and now even if we are on the right track they can't just up and kill us all in the night now- it would take three nights to do it. Plus, it would clue everyone in on the fact that they had decided to kill us after all, meaning that we were getting close to the truth.

In addition, they might be afraid that one of us is the Hunter and would make an accurate kill. That is a very strong reason for them not to kill us.

Where is everyone else, though?

Come on, guys- let's hear your thoughts.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:25 AM   #283
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, we now have more proof that Azaelia was the Seer dream. I would say that this absolves the phantom from suspicion; I had been considering a phantom-azaelia wolf-pack should things have turned out differently tonight.

This means, Kuru, that I believe suspicion of him will be more sterile than ever. For now, I think we should listen, hear and obey...

Here's a new list.

Anguirel- I'm heartened to see no one really wants to hang me anymore. If I were you lot, though, I'd be rather suspicious that the wolves haven't killed me yet. But I can't help not being dead. Yet.

Boromir88-Something in Kuru's thesis, it must be said. This is the first day I've suspected him.

Dancing Spawn - implicated in the Gil-Galad fiasco. But can't help thinking she's too subtle to dirty her hands so obviously. Possible though.

Eonwe -has not proved his innocence one jot. Is still my highest suspect. Perhaps, perhaps, people will believe me today. That was no wolf-wolf vote-I'm after him, pure and simple.

Kitanna- Suspected by the phantom! She must be a wolf! Not implicated in Gil-Galad fiasco. Could be as wolfish as not.

Kuruharan-as he himself says, curious that he's still here. Is that a bit of double-bluffing? Still, some of what he says makes sense.

Lalaith- not much on her...inclined to trust her largely because...er...her name is pretty...

Márcolië Lamen-Possible, but as my ally I will not accuse her till we have some wolf-corpses elsewhere

the phantom- Cleared. Seriously, he's been right so far, and if he's a wolf he deserves the game...

That makes me highest triumvirate Eonwe, Boromir, and Kitanna...

Once again I will probably vote for Eonwe.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:14 AM   #284
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
I'm sorry this is so rushed but I'm in a terrible haste right now. I'm sorry to say this but Boromir looks rather suspicious to me right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir
I think after today, if Gil is lynched than you should take into consideration what I said in this post by me...

Quote:
If he turns out to be a wolf, look at Kitanna, Marcolie, and Azaelia.

If he turns out to be innocent, look at Spawn.
This of course I AM basing off the votes from yesterday by those who voted to tie things up with Gil and Wayne, and those who jumped to try a Gil-galad bandwagon.
How is it better to be involved in Wayne bandwagon than Gil bandwagon?

Boromir is practically saying that Kitanna and Marcolie (his wolf fellows?) are innocent (theory proven by the death of Azaelia) and making me look guilty. I understand the suspicion but why to say it twice while he himself voted for an innocent?

I've had my suspicions about Marcolie and Kitanna before and here are some quotes that would support the theory of an alliance between Boromir, Kitanna & Marcolie All three aren't necessarily wolves. There might be two lycans in this trio who are just using the third one. [QUOTE=Boromir]Marcolie, I've found this alliance between Anguriel and Marcolie to be very disturbing. I think one is a wolf, the other is innocent.I doubt both are wolves because it would just be far to suspicious and leave them with no flexibility. I right now am more thinking Anguirel is the wolf because of the no voting from yesterday, and some more reasons I'll mention later. So, either Marcolie or Anguirel is a wolf who is trying to attach to an innocent, this "truce" gets me worried. I'm more inclined to believe Marcolie is the innocent one, but something I'll be watching.]
Quote:
Kitanna, not sure what to think of her yet. She's kind of gone passed my radar which gets me suspicious and I will certainly be taking a closer look at her, though right now I have more strongly held suspicions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcolie
Boromir88-Doesn't seem suspicious, if a wolf a talented one.
Kitanna- Very good at avoiding suspicion. I half need to cast suspision only for this carefulness.
Quote:
a little more suspicious, yet nothing really concrete or definite (#107) Kitanna, Lalaith, Celuien, Cailin, Azaelia, Marcolie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcolie
Least suspicious so far (#166) Boromir88, Kitanna, Kuruharan
Old 09-24-2005, 02:26 AM   #285
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Good morning villagers.
So poor Gil was innocent - but his death has at least made a few things clearer. Azaelia's death sadly tells me nothing - she was an obvious wolf target.
I've looked through what everyone's been saying and it seems Gil's death is not telling us the same things. His being innocent actually makes two of my chief suspects of yesterday, Kitanna and Marcolie look less suspicious to me, not more. They were clearly not trying to save a fellow wolf.
Kuru still looks suspicious, however.
I'm looking at everyone else again as well. There's Anguirel for example, who in post 251 names Gil as one of his "unholy triumvirate" and then a little bit later defends him to the hilt as an innocent. I don't really get his Eonwe obsession, either. Eonwe seems fairly blameless to me.

But I must go now, I will be back in about six or seven hours, (my) late afternoon, when hopefully more of you will be around.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:54 AM   #286
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Spawn's words-despite my not having cleared her-are rather convincing. Her triumvirate happens to coincide fairly nearly with mine, except that I, of course, am blinkered by my "Eonwe obsession..." and my Marcolie pact.

You see, if he had been innocent, I believe Eonwe would have bought it tonight. My last suspect, Celuien, was shredded the night after I voted for her; the fact that this did not recur with Eonwe's outwardly similar situation-lone vote, little support for campaign, off the wall choice-leads me to think that this time I've hit the mark.

The ease of getting me lynched that the death of Eonwe would have ensured would be far more valulable than the death of quiet Azaelia, who could always be dealt with later and was still suspected by those who distrusted the phantom's thesis.

Lalaith correctly identifies my inconsistency yesterday. All I can say is that "the old order changeth, yielding to the new"; Gil-Galad went from a wolf suspect, in my mind, to something approaching a proven innocent, in sharp contrast to Eonwe who only got more suspicious. Hence my "Albatross" appeal.

I'd be ready to compromise on Kitanna or Boromir to test Spawn's theory, though I'd still rather vote for Eonwe. Of Kitanna and Boromir, I now suspect Boromir more (yes, another change of my fickle mind); he's such an untouchable good fella, he's just bound to have fangs.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:18 AM   #287
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
the phantom- Cleared. Seriously, he's been right so far, and if he's a wolf he deserves the game...
Be ashamed to speak such heresy. He has not been right so far and he does not deserve to win. Are you and he in cahoots or something?

Anyway, I'm going to have to be leaving for the DAY in about an hour. I'm probably going to vote for Kitanna or Marcolie. Hopefully something will happen to guide my vote by then.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:47 AM   #288
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Once again I need to vote early or I'll never have a chance to vote.

++ Kuru

He's helpful and intelligent and wolves like to pick off intelligent helpful people yet he has survived. I also suspect phantom for this reason. Both have voted for innocents (whether the innocents were lynched or killed by wolves varies) but they remain untouched. And it seems wherever Kuru casts his supcious, an innocent dies. (the two C's, Gil, Wayne) Now they both seem to want to bring me down. Well I dare anyone in this village to vote for me. I will laugh if I die and then you can all see you've spilled some more innocent blood. Maybe then you'll decide to take a closer look at Kuru and phantom.

EDIT: Notice also that they were the only two to say "I figured Perky was our seer."

Last edited by Kitanna; 09-24-2005 at 07:07 AM.
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 07:05 AM   #289
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
And it seems wherever Kuru casts his supcious, an innocent dies. (the two C's, Gil, Wayne)
A gross exaggeration. And I wouldn't be so stupid to kill people that I have drawn attention to. And even though I voted for Wayne, I cannot recall that I was ever enthusiastic about killing him. Besides this tends to prove my innocence in that the wolves may be trying to set me up.

I'm going to vote for...

++ KITANNA

...if for no other reason that to just be consistent.

Good luck fellow villagers.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:07 AM   #290
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
Uh, that theory of mine I posted above is really badly represented, sorry. Now that I have more time, I've found some more evidence and I try to explain it a little better.

Boromir, Marcolie & Kitanna have all suspected each other just in a way that they don't get each other lynched but also so that it isn't too obvious that they're in cahoots.

These are the votes from the day before yesterday:
Gil-Galad -> Gil-Galad
Eonwe -> Kuruharan
spawn -> Gil-Galad
Celuien -> Gil-Galad
Anguirel -> Celuien
the phantom -> WaynetheGoblin
Lalaith -> Celuien
Boromir88 -> Wayne
Kitanna -> Wayne [Gil 3, Wayne 3]
Wayne -> Gil-Galad
Márcolië Lamen-> WaynetheGoblin [Gil 4, Wayne 4]
Azaelia of Willowbottom-> WaynetheGoblin
Kuruharan -> WaynetheGoblin

Kitanna and Marcolie both made a tie with their votes. All three voted for Wayne. It was very handy to get rid of Wayne first because it was very probable that we'd like to lynch Gil the next day. So, there would be yet another day without catching a wolf.

Boromir made it really clear that he didn't believe that Gil was a wolf but he voted for Gil anyway. The day before Boromir said that those who jump on Gil bandwagon should be watced carefully yet he himself jumped on a Wayne bandwagon. I think that on that day Gil looked really suspicious. On the next day he said:
Quote:
I'm most likely going to vote for Gil-galad tonight. Though I don't think he's a wolf, the longer we keep him around the more troublesome he may become. Though if he turns out a wolf I would suggest looking at Kitanna and Marcolie very hard. They both voted for Wayne, tying the votes each time. Trying to divert suspicion away from Gil-galad? I admit, I think this theory only holds up if Gil-galad turns out to be a wolf.
I took the liberty to bold a few things above that I consider to be very suspicious.
Lo and behold, Gil turned out to be an innocent! It must mean that Marcolie and Kitanna are as pure and innocent as the wind driven snow...

I also find this interesting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
++ Kuru

He's helpful and intelligent and wolves like to pick off intelligent helpful people yet he has survived. I also suspect phantom for this reason. Both have voted for innocents (whether the innocents were lynched or killed by wolves varies) but they remain untouched.
And why isn't Boromir on the list, if I may ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuru
I'm beginning to wonder why Boromir88, the phantom, and myself have all survived this long.
According to my theory: Boromir is a wolf and therefore hasn't been killed. According to phantom: Kuru and phantom will turn on each other -> much quarrelling -> we end up lynching innocents. And according to my theory again (I already said this in my previous post): Azaelia's death was supposed to prove Kitanna and/or Marcolie's innocence.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:37 AM   #291
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Well, I guess it's about time to say a few things...How quickly things can change.

Quote:
I'm beginning to wonder why Boromir88, the phantom, and myself have all survived this long.~Kuru
I think since we haven't been right and are not pointing at the right people they have had not reason to kill us yet.

Also, it's much safer for a wolf to kill someone who doesn't say a whole lot. An innocent who sort of hangs around and doesn't leave a big trail to follow, if lets say myself would be killed by wolves people would immediately look as to who I was suspecting. It would be too dangerous for a wolf to kill someone who steps out and names suspects and if we haven't been right so far there is no reason to kill me. But, if we catch a wolf tonight I wouldn't doubt if I would be one of the considered people to go.

Quote:
Boromir is practically saying that Kitanna and Marcolie (his wolf fellows?) are innocent (theory proven by the death of Azaelia) and making me look guilty. I understand the suspicion but why to say it twice while he himself voted for an innocent?~Spawn
No, you have misunderstood. As you can see I said...
Quote:
This of course I AM basing off the votes from yesterday by those who voted to tie things up with Gil and Wayne, and those who jumped to try a Gil-galad bandwagon.
I'm not disregarding anyone as innocent. What I said about which way Gil turns up, who to look at, was based purely off voting patterns from the night before. How Kittana and Marcolie had tied votes possibly to try to save their fellow wolf, therefor I said if he turned out be a wolf look at those people.

You had quickly jumped on to Gil trying to get himself out of the game, and if he was innocent (which he was) I was beginning to look at you because of that.

Quote:
Boromir, Marcolie & Kitanna have all suspected each other just in a way that they don't get each other lynched but also so that it isn't too obvious that they're in cahoots.~Spawn
On the contraire, no matter what turned out with Gil yesterday I'm still very suspicious of Kittana and Marcolie. Mostly Kittana right now as her early vote for Kuru still puzzles me.

Quote:
Boromir made it really clear that he didn't believe that Gil was a wolf but he voted for Gil anyway.~Spawn
That was because (and I also said this many times making it clear) he would only be a benefit to the wolves. The wolves weren't going to kill him, he wasn't going to provide any help for us, the sooner we lynched him the better. The more and more days we let him get passed the lynchings he would only keep on popping up as a suspect, creating division in the voting and only being beneficial to the wolves. Also, if he turned out to be a wolf we would all feel very stupid. My thinking was the longer we waited to lynch Gil-galad the tougher a decision would be, and if we were going to do it (even if he was innocent) it was because it would be beneficial to the village. I wouldn't think wolves would kill someone who's not being any help to us, and keeps popping up day in and day out as a possible wolf.

More thoughts later, on who I want to view today.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:26 AM   #292
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

If no one is behind my Eonwe campaign, than I shall, with reluctance, vote for Boromir tonight. But I really can't see why my arguments against him (Eonwe) are scarcely being even considered...

I fear death with every approaching eve. This could be my last chance to catch a villager I am convinced is a lycanthrope. Must I outline my denunciation more times?

Boromir speaks with the rational accent of one above reproach, and it can no longer quell my uneasiness; though there is something in his explanation of why the wolves aren't killing loudmouths.

Last edited by Anguirel; 09-24-2005 at 10:29 AM.
Anguirel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 11:05 AM   #293
Mischievous Candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
If no one is behind my Eonwe campaign, than I shall, with reluctance, vote for Boromir tonight.
I have pondered this Eonwe thing for a couple of days and right now he seems sincere. But by all means, vote as you like. I for one will probably have to vote for Boromir if he can't convince me otherwise.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:41 PM   #294
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
If no one is behind my Eonwe campaign, than I shall, with reluctance, vote for Boromir tonight.
I hate to say it, Anguirel, but your vote yesterday for Eonwe was one of my possible wolf-for-wolf voting possibilities, and if you back off now and go after Boro who has come out of nowhere to become a lynching target suddenly- that looks a bit suspicious.

But, of course, if Boro turns out to be a wolf and Eonwe innocent then you'll look pretty smart.

I've got something I've got to do, but I'll be back as quick as I can to say more. If you don't have to vote right away, hold off until I'm back.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:48 PM   #295
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'm sorry, fellow villagers. I realise that today is a really vital day for considered thought and careful voting, but real life events have conspired against me, I'm just grabbing a few seconds to come on here now. Having wanted to assess properly the post-Gil scenario, I now find I haven't the time to give all this the proper thought it deserves.
Anguirel, I'm kind of inclined to accept your explanations - for now. Like I said, I'm feeling more trusting to Kitanna, and Marcolie, too, I suppose, than yesterday. This new Boromir theory looks interesting but I just don't have the time to go back over the posts and so on to consider it, so I'll pass on that for now.
So, as I can't come back tonight, I'm going to go for
++Kuruharan
I'm not feeling as confident as I'd like about this and I really hope I'm not contributing to some new fiasco, but it's the best I can do.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:21 PM   #296
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

phantom, I'm past caring about other people's scrutiny of my conduct, morals, and/or voting habits. The fact is, if we don't catch a wolf this evening we stand on the gibbet's very block. I'm not going to pussyfoot or politick; I will vote for anyone who fulfills these two criteria:

1. I believe they are a wolf

2. I think I can get them lynched

Eonwe currently fills 1, but not especially 2. Boromir fills 2, but not especially 1. Kuru does not fulfill 1 in the slightest and fulfills 2 to the extent that he's in danger whether I vote for him or not. What I do not want to happen is to be forced into voting for a lesser suspect to defend a believed innocent. I am determined that this evening's corpse must transform.

This means that I will hang on to Eonwe as long as his death is viable. I will vote for Boromir or possibly Kitanna if strong and trustworthy parties condemn them.

Oh, and phantom, please post your hinted words of wisdom...I am sorely in need of them. I must have more mulling-over matter...

EDIT: Note that for those villagers used to, er, living in the small island to the east, the Edain of the Brittirim, the sons of Arthu son of Uthu...you know what I'm driving at...the ones who like to insert "u"s into words like honour, valour and armour...well, for us lot, voting in an hour is not an early vote, but the latest possible. So I either get suspected for voting early or not at all, and I'm somewhat sick of it.

Last edited by Anguirel; 09-24-2005 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:38 PM   #297
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, I'm back.

Anguirel, here's what I have to say.

I said earlier that your vote for Eonwe yesterday was a pretty safe vote if you were both wolves because Gil was well on his way.

Now today, there is not a candidate that is quite so likely to win, therefore a vote for Eonwe early on would perhaps endanger him, and you indeed seem less willing to cast your vote for him. Are you looking for a way off of the Eonwe bus? Is he your wolf buddy?

Well, now that I've said that, I will also say that I have less suspicion of you than I have of Eonwe, so I won't be voting for you today.

I suspect Eonwe a bit for the double lynching on Day 1 (which may or may not have been an accident), I suspect him a bit for suspecting me who I know to be innocent, I suspect him a bit for gunning for Kuru who my head tells me is likely to be innocent, and I suspect him a bit for showing such restraint and not going after the person who is trying to get him lynched- Anguirel. His response to Ang seems a bit too cool-headed if you ask me. It's wolvishly cool.

So- I am behind your Eonwe campaign in the sense that I suspect him more than I do some others, but I also suspect you a bit. And though I enjoy your flattery quite a bit, it almost seems like the type of things a wolf would say to an innocent to try to 1) get on his good side so as not to be suspected, and 2) make sure that if he is killed that he is connected with an innocent so that the innocent will be lynched next.

My suspicions of the two of you are high enough that I'd be willing to bet a good little bit that at least one of you is a wolf.

But that doesn't mean I'll be voting for either of you since I suspect everyone else to some degree also. I'll be around for the rest of the day, so I'll make sure a double lynching doesn't happen.

Lalaith popped in and voted for Kuru. This was sort of expected seeing as she didn't seem to take his early finger pointing very well. One of them could be a wolf, but they aren't a pair of wolves. It's too dangerous for her to vote for him at this point if they're both wolves.

Kitanna and Kuru, in a repeat of yesterday, voted for each other. It would be the ultimate bluff if they are both wolves, but I don't see the need for them to have taken such a risk at this point. Only one of them is a wolf (or none- though I think one is likely).

Boromir has quickly found himself in the hot seat. My suspicion is always awakened when someone suddenly and unexpectedly moves into a perilous position, but I must admit that Spawn has made some good points, so it's hard to suspect her for what she's done.

I'm interested to see if Marc will still be willing to vote for Kitanna when she is in danger.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:02 PM   #298
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

phantom, you are trying to goad me into charging ahead and voting for Eonwe, while refusing to back me with a vote yourself. If I were to be led down the path you advice, a wolf might be hung, but it would not be a wolf of my choosing...the wolves won't vote for their fellow-wolf, and those down in my book as non-wolves (as spawn now is) seem reluctant too.

You know, I suppose we are two proverbial hair's breadths from disaster, not one...there is still time to see if we can throw off our shackles. I am now, phantom, strongly tempted to vote for you; but I know it would trigger a Loudmouth War. I must hesitate.

I'm going to do some research in the, ah, village annals, and perfect a strategem.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:22 PM   #299
Mischievous Candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
EDIT: Note that for those villagers used to, er, living in the small island to the east, the Edain of the Brittirim, the sons of Arthu son of Uthu...you know what I'm driving at...the ones who like to insert "u"s into words like honour, valour and armour...well, for us lot, voting in an hour is not an early vote, but the latest possible. So I either get suspected for voting early or not at all, and I'm somewhat sick of it.

Well, it's time for me to vote. Of the Kitanna, Boromir & Marcolie trio I'm most suspicious of Boromir and Marcolie. But is there any chance to get either of them lynched today? Will my vote be wasted if I vote one of them? I don't know. But as a stubborn person I must vote for

++BOROMIR

It's pity, though, that I can't stay up and wait to see some further thoughts from him.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:25 PM   #300
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
phantom, you are trying to goad me into charging ahead and voting for Eonwe
Yes, pretty much. I'm wondering if you are going to stick with what you believed yesterday.
Quote:
while refusing to back me with a vote yourself
Can you blame me?

If it was between Eonwe and one of the people lower down my suspicion list (Kuru, Spawn, Boro, or you) then I would gladly give you my vote for Eonwe, but I think that, at this point, it is likely to be between Kitanna and Kuru, and my vote might be needed to break a tie. Plus, if Eonwe gets only our two votes and is not lynched, I might look like I was "throwing away" my vote.
Quote:
If I were to be led down the path you advice, a wolf might be hung, but it would not be a wolf of my choosing...
Well, to that I would simply say "who cares?"

A wolf is a wolf. If a wolf ends up dead today, that's all that matters. I don't care which wolf. I'd settle for any wolf.

But anyway, the main reason I am unwilling to commit a vote to someone I suspect (Eonwe) is because I'm worried that I won't have my vote when I need it to break a double lynching.

Let me ask you, Ang, should I go ahead and vote for Eonwe right now and just hope and trust that other people won't cause a double lynching?

Are you willing to trust everyone else not to cause a double lynching?
Old 09-24-2005, 02:30 PM   #301
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Spawn, may you be thrice accursed if you have misled me in dark knowledge. The malediction of a Gaurwaith is everlasting, everhaunting, a glint of steel biting into the very stuff of your mind and thoughts, a malaise that seizes your limbs and saps your vigour. Let it be so, if you have played me false!

But if not, thou art holden blessed, and thy safe passage through the marches of the woods of my fellows shall be assured while I and thou breathe.

++BOROMIR88

If this be an ill choice, Eru allow that in it does not lie our destruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
I'm wondering if you are going to stick with what you believed yesterday.
I believe it still. But it is true that I do not stick to it...already I am unsure...but what's done is done.

Last edited by Anguirel; 09-24-2005 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:47 PM   #302
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry about not replying yet today. And I have to go write a paper now. I really feel either Kitanna or Kuruharan is a wolf, but I'm not sure which. Kitanna is my most suspicious. If I wouldn't be able to come back on then I'd vote now for her. However, I'll at least be able to come to vote. Can't promise more though.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:46 PM   #303
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I'm glad I didn't cast my vote earlier- it may be needed.

Marc, Boromir, Eonwe, and I still have to vote.

Since Boromir is one of the front-runners, he will no doubt allow Marc and Eonwe to go first to see who he needs to vote for to save his skin, whether he is a wolf or not.

If Marc and Eonwe both vote for Kuru, then Boromir wouldn't have to vote to save himself and my vote would have no impact.

If Marc picks Kuru and Eonwe goes with Boromir then Boro would have little choice but to vote for Kuru, which would leave me in a position where the only way my vote would matter is if I voted for Boromir to force a double lynching- which I'm not going to do. Once again, my vote wouldn't be of use.

But if Marc votes for Kitanna, then my vote will probably be the tie-breaker.

One possibility after a Marc-Kit vote would be an Eonwe-Kuru vote, in which case Boro could stick his vote on top and put Kuru out of reach, or he could vote for Kitanna, which would force me to be the deciding vote between Kuru and Kitanna.

Or Eonwe could vote for Boro, in which case Boro would choose either Kitanna or Kuru to tie with himself, and once again I would be forced to break the tie.

In tie situations, I would lynch Kitanna before Boro, and Boro before Kuru.

So- now that the remaining voters know precisely what choice I will make at the end should it come down to me, let us see which path Marc, Eonwe, and Boromir choose.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:56 PM   #304
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

This is a surprising change of events, one minute I'm village good guy next I'm wolf lynch me.

I guess I can't blame anyone, it's sorely gone wrong, and can't convince anyone of my inncocence, the best I could have done was give explanations as to what I mean and the way I act, but doesn't seem good enough for some people. My vote will be coming here.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:04 PM   #305
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I just noticed this, by Eonwe-
Quote:
on a side note, i have to work all day tomarrow and won't have access to ye olde net, so i won't be here to defend myself.
Does that mean he won't be here to vote?
Old 09-24-2005, 04:41 PM   #306
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Marc, Boro, Eonwe- are you there?

I'm not going to vote now. Neither of the two in the lead (Kuru and Boro) are one of my top suspects, so I'm not about to break the tie by voting for one of them (unless I have to- in which case I would vote for Boro).

But I also don't want to vote for my suspect Kitanna, because if you guys don't cast your vote then I will have forced a three-way tie.

In the case of a three-way tie- who dies? What are the rules?
Old 09-24-2005, 04:50 PM   #307
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

I'm here. I'm debating who to vote for. I would vote for Kitanna but that would make it a triple tie. Then one person would have a choice of who to kill. If I vote for one of the other ones it'd break the tie, but niether is the must suspicious to me...
Old 09-24-2005, 04:51 PM   #308
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Now, I'm here. I don't believe Kuru is a wolf, voting for myself is not an option. Voting for someone else will be wasting my vote, so I must trust to phantom or marcolie in breaking the tie...

++Kittana

The most wolfish one up there, her quick vote for Kuru I see as an attempt to start a bandwagon against him.

Last edited by Boromir88; 09-24-2005 at 04:53 PM. Reason: bold names
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 04:53 PM   #309
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

I'll break the triple tie and vote

++Kitanna

because all of today that'd have been my vote. It wasn't changed with today's actions.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:56 PM   #310
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Sheesh - you guys were making me nervous. I was starting to get really paranoid about one of you waiting for me to vote and then stepping in to cause an "accidental" double lynch.

But it's settled now.

Just in case Eonwe shows up and tries to tie the score up-

+ + Kitanna
Old 09-24-2005, 04:59 PM   #311
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Hunter and Ranger- good luck in your picks tonight.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:00 PM   #312
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Hunter and Ranger- good luck in your picks tonight.
These picks are going to be really important. Good luck.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:05 PM   #313
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Voting is closed. Sorry its late, I lost track of time. Expect Kitanna's death soon.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:12 PM   #314
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The villagers lead there newest suspect to the town square. All hoping they had cought a wolf.

She begged them to give her another chance. Insisting she was inocent, but they didn't believe her.

The rope was tied around her neck, and after a few more pleas(sp?) someone went towards the lever.

It was pulled and they heard the expected sickening crack of her innocent neck.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Living:

Anguirel
Boromir88
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant
Eonwe
Kuruharan
Lalaith
Márcolië Lamen
the phantom

Dead:
wilwarin538 (mod) - glued in pieces to a wall Night 1.
Cailin (ord) - lynched by villagers on Day 1
Glirdan (ord) - Also lynched by villagers on Day 1
The Perky Ent (seer) - eyes replaced by his own spices on Night 2
WaynetheGoblin(ord) - Coined by villagers on Day 2
Celuien(ord) - croked on Night 3
Gil-Galad(ord) - Fell of a roof top on Day 3
Azaelia of Willowbottom (ord) – Killed and placed on toilet on Night 4
Kitanna(ord) - hung on Day 4

Score:
Villagers: 5
Werewolves: 3

I need a name fro the Wolvs, the Ranger and the Hunter. No need to send them to Alcarillo he won't be covering for me again till monday.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:37 PM   #315
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

(posting it early since the last one was late)

The villagers gathered in the town square as they did ever morning and looked to see who was missing.

But everyone was there. No one had died that night. The Ranger had guarded the right person.

The village started there discussions with hope in their hearts. The ranger smiled in silent victory. While the wolves scowled inside.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Living:

Anguirel
Boromir88
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant
Eonwe
Kuruharan
Lalaith
Márcolië Lamen
the phantom

Dead:
wilwarin538 (mod) - glued in pieces to a wall Night 1.
Cailin (ord) - lynched by villagers on Day 1
Glirdan (ord) - Also lynched by villagers on Day 1
The Perky Ent (seer) - eyes replaced by his own spices on Night 2
WaynetheGoblin(ord) - Coined by villagers on Day 2
Celuien(ord) - croked on Night 3
Gil-Galad(ord) - Fell of a roof top on Day 3
Azaelia of Willowbottom (ord) – Killed and placed on toilet on Night 4
Kitanna(ord) - hung on Day 4

Score:
Villagers: 5
Werewolves: 3

Villagers you may speak. Werewolves stop PMing.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:04 PM   #316
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

holy crap, it is quiet. firstly, nice job to the Ranger for keeping us shire-folk safe in the night. well done!

although i am not really up on the goings on of tinsletown (i hope to catch up promptly), i must say that kitanna was a very poor choice (hindsight is twenty twenty i guess) she was never really on my suspect list at all. i can't make out why she was lynched, unless...

im off to bed, see you tomarrow
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 09:49 PM   #317
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
holy crap, it is quiet
Yes, indeed.

Methinks the wolves are feverishly reworking their strategies to adjust for their failed killing last night- and hoping that their reworked strategy will mesh with their wolf friends, seeing as they are not allowed to pm during the day.

But some of the members of the village (and the wolf-pack) are probably asleep. We are from a lot of different places around the world.
Quote:
im off to bed
Me too. Perhaps it will not be so quiet eight hours from now.

I'll try to get up early enough to make at least one weighty post before I have to rush off to work.

Ranger- well done.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:27 AM   #318
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I logged on this morning thinking there'd be a whole bunch of things for me to read, I was a bit surprised when there were just two posts other than wilwa's....
But I was also surprised, in a very good way, that our Ranger had done his/her stuff. Bravo, sir/madam!

Now, as for suspects...I've decided to not trust anyone today. I'm puzzling together different wolf combinations, to see if they work, logically. (Although of course, it doesn't matter if I, or indeed anyone, can't come up with three wolves, because we only have to catch one.)
Anyway, more later.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:30 AM   #319
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I'm present and correct, but busy this morning...I'll contribute properly in about three hours...
Old 09-26-2005, 06:33 AM   #320
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well, I guess it's as difficult to post on Mondays for everyone else as it is for me.

I am off work at 3 PM EST, so you can expect me shortly after that.

Before I leave, I'll just say that I could make a case for any villager to be a wolf, and I imagine you can to. Right now, my suspects are, in order- Eonwe, Marc, Anguirel, Boromir, Lalaith, Spawn, and Kuru.

But every time I go back over the thread people change positions in my head, because I'll come up with some new theory.

If we can just catch one single wolf, I think that all of our suspicion lists will truly begin to take a well ordered shape.

I will see you in a few hours.