The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2014, 06:17 AM   #81
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Hello everyone. I'm so sorry, I didn't remember that we were starting. This weekend is Thanksgiving here in Canada and I am heading out now to travel to see some family I haven't seen in about 15 years. I'm not going to have access to the internet at all, but I will be only gone for a day so I should only miss the first little bit of Day 2, and be here for most of the rest of it. So sorry!!
Old 10-11-2014, 08:42 AM   #82
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hey guys, I'm here. Sorry I'm late. I'll catch up on the first two pages shortly.

Edit: Or Day's over. x_x Shutting up.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:30 AM   #83
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
With Kit’s death and Legate’s subsequent lynching, Agan didn’t feel particularly safe in her home. She barricaded her doors and windows and sat in her kitchen with a giant meat cleaver.

Sometime during her vigilant watch Agan slipped off to sleep, the meat cleaver clattering to the floor. The wolves found her asleep at her kitchen table, head down and snoring.

“Aw, she looks so sweet,” one whispered to her partners. “Do we have to do this?”

“Yes!” the other two hissed in unison.

“I just think maybe we could keep her alive,” the wolf continued.

“We are not in Sleepy Hollow to make nice,” the largest of the three growled. “Now grab that big knife so if she wakes up she can’t get to it.”

Agan came to from her nap to find three furry fiends in her home. She reached for her cleaver, only to find of the wolves had it. Not wanting to be ripped apart like the barkeep the night before, Agan saw a small opening between to of the wolves and darted through it. She knocked her chair into one of the wolves in the process.

She made it to her front door before one of the wolves caught her by the hair. In the moonlight she saw the flash of the meat cleaver before it was brought down on her.

~*~*~

The next morning the village found Agan’s scalp nailed to her front door. The rest of her body had been left out for the crows.

The Living
Inziladun
satansaloser2005
McCaber
Rikae
Nerwen
wilwarin538
Shastanis Althreduin
A Little Green
Macalaure

The Dead
Kitanna – ripped apart Night 1 - Moddess
Legate of Amon Lanc - Brained on Day 1 - Ranger
Aganzir - Scalped on Night 2 - Ordo

Day 2 has begun
Old 10-12-2014, 05:37 AM   #84
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
What the heck is going on in this village?
Old 10-12-2014, 05:42 AM   #85
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I mean, you'd think the person who lynched the Ranger on Day One would be pretty safe on Night Two. Did they think Agan was the Seer, who had dreamed an innocent Zil? Or is this a bluff? Or something else?
Old 10-12-2014, 07:02 AM   #86
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Aganzir

Tally:
Inzil – Mac
Mac – Shasta
Sally – Inzil
Rikae – Inzil (2)
McCaber – Legate

Opening banter.

Banter. Asks if there is a Wildcard. Suggests Mac and Mc might be fellows, as "blatant wolf-on-wolfing" is something she has seen Mac do before, is "fairly okay" with Zil, Rikae and Legate, but notes that she has only skimmed the thread after McCaber's vote (on Legate.)
Comment: could the question about the Wildcard have led the wolves to believe Agan herself had this role? Far-fetched, perhaps- but gifteds do sometimes give themselves away in this manner.

Gives current tally. Disagrees with Greenie's suspicion of Legate, describes her as "too trigger-happy" about him and her reaction to the "Mac-McC-Inzil-Legate camp" as "more off than the thing itself", but also notes that "there's nothing out of the ordinary in this suspicion and it probably has more to do with our ways of thinking than our roles".
Comment: this may have looked like a Seer stressing that her suspicion was not the result of an actual dream.

Suspicious of the way Sally phrased her vote-post. Does not want to vote for Zil or Legate. Might vote Mac, Shasta, Greenie or Sally.

Notes that probably the only further voters will be herself, Legate and Greenie.

Tally:
Inzil – Mac
Mac – Shasta
Sally – Inzil
Rikae – Inzil (2)
McCaber – Legate
Greenie -- Legate (2)

Votes Legate. "Because I like Inzil better."

Regrets the vote because she and Legate "could have negotiated a Mac-Shasta lynch". Asks if she can retract.
Comments: if Mac or Shasta is a wolf, this might have been alarming to the wolves, coming almost out of the blue as it does

Explains that she had believed her vote was the only way to save Inzil, with whom she had most wanted to play; adds that she "completely forgot" what she had said about the other players.

Asked by Greenie, "Why Mac?", replies, "Why not? Why Shasta? Why not? I don't have an opinion about them so might as well take my chances!"

Tells Legate she hopes he is a wolf, but seems pessimistic.

Replying to Legate's "But seriously???", says, "I said I was stupid and sorry!" Adds (correctly) that this will look "hilarious" to people reading the thread later.

Thinks Legate is innocent.

Replying to Legate, who points out that she "should have realised that before voting", says,
"I did! I said I didn't want to lynch you! But I also didn't want to lynch Inzil!"

Comments: Could the wolves have thought that here was a Seer focussed on saving her dreamed innocent to the exclusion of all else? It seems as likely as anything- however, as I originally suggested, it is also possible that this is a bluff (I.e to take the heat off a beleaguered Zilwolf.) As you see, the only explanations I can come up with are "they thought she was the Seer" and "they wanted us to think they thought she was the Seer" and, perhaps, "they thought she was the Wildcard". There may be others, but the thing is, they'd need a really good reason to kill her, under the circumstances.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:03 AM   #87
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I mean, you'd think the person who lynched the Ranger on Day One would be pretty safe on Night Two. Did they think Agan was the Seer, who had dreamed an innocent Zil? Or is this a bluff? Or something else?
What sort of bluff? Agan made a point of saying she wanted me around, but that's pretty thin for a Seer-hint. I guess it's possible.
I have to say too that Nerwen's above has a feel of a wolf saying, 'Gosh, how did that happen? Like I said,just a feeling.

Where did the Legate-wagon come from, anyway? I knew my vote would get me some of my own, but I was surprised to see he got lynched.
Although I'm pretty certain there's a wolf who voted me, odds are there's at least one who went for Legate. It narrows the possibilities at least that one on each bandwagon is gone.

Mac not taking the bait and attacking me, instead casting an easy vote for Shasta does not help him.

x/d with Nerwen
Old 10-12-2014, 07:05 AM   #88
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Reasoning yes (even if I don't agree - Inzil can be a trolling loudmouth whatever his role), phrasing no.
Agan, you hit the nail on the head here.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:09 AM   #89
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Comments: Could the wolves have thought that here was a Seer focussed on saving her dreamed innocent to the exclusion of all else? It seems as likely as anything- however, as I originally suggested, it is also possible that this is a bluff (I.e to take the heat off a beleaguered Zilwolf.) As you see, the only explanations I can come up with are "they thought she was the Seer" and "they wanted us to think they thought she was the Seer" and, perhaps, "they thought she was the Wildcard". There may be others, but the thing is, they'd need a really good reason to kill her, under the circumstances.
Was getting Agan necessary to make me look suspicious? Like I need the help.

And we don't have a Wildcard, do we? I thought that was dependent on having a lot of players.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:46 AM   #90
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Was getting Agan necessary to make me look suspicious? Like I need the help.

And we don't have a Wildcard, do we? I thought that was dependent on having a lot of players.
I guess I wasn't clear enough. Agan, for some reason, went all out to save you, to the extent of casting the kill-vote on another player whom she obviously didn't particularly suspect. To the wolves, this might well have suggested she was the Seer who had dreamed you as an innocent- unless you're *not* innocent, in which case it might be, as I said, a bluff. Or they might have killed her for some other reason- that's why I mentioned a.) her sudden gung-ho attitude towards lynching Mac and Shasta and b.) her Wildcard question. (I'd say we don't have one, but the numbers are borderline.

Quote:
I have to say too that Nerwen's above has a feel of a wolf saying, 'Gosh, how did that happen? Like I said,just a feeling.
I tend to think like a wolf- you should know that by now.

Quote:
Mac not taking the bait and attacking me, instead casting an easy vote for Shasta does not help him.
Ye-es- but Zil, you made a big deal about your vote being early and semi-random.

It really depends on whether or not the following suspicion was meant seriously:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
But, but... I didn't even do anything yet!

Clearly Inzil is trying to look innocent by acting like he always does (i.e., voting for me). Very suspicious.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:01 AM   #91
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
It seems to me that they must have thought she was the seer - I had that thought myself. That, of course, would make Inzil look much better.
But in that case, why is Inzil acting so weird and defensive now? I thought Nerwen's "bluff" theory was far-fetched, but now that I see his reaction, I'm entertaining the possibility.
Now, about yesterday's Legate-wagon - I didn't realize how quickly things could get out of hand in such a small village, either. But really, did you have to go and lynch someone with such a good class participation grade, let alone the ranger!? Last Night I was thinking there had to be a wolvish influence in such a messed up wagon, perhaps an attempt to save Inzil by either Greenie or a cleverly bluffing Agan. With Agan ruled out, I really would like to take a look at Greenie toDay. Her case against Legate seemed kind of trumped-up, and then she dismisses Inzil with:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green
Yes, that's weird. I'm not sure what to make of Inzil, anyway, and his vote only served to confuse me more.
So, a "oh well, Inzil is weird, what can you do? kinda thing. And then later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green
Inzil - Confusing. His interactions with Mac and Cab are especially interesting; he jokingly suspects them both, then actually suspects McCaber, then votes for Mac. Makes no sense unless his vote is a typo.
This looks like she's trying to explain it away, to me. She mentions a reason he's suspicious, but only labels it "confusing" and suggests a typo.

I have a feeling I might be too fixated on the idea of an Inzilwolf and possible accomplices, though - I'm going to have to look more closely at others. I don't agree with McCaber's trust of quiet ones: I've seen many a quiet wolf and even been one. I certainly hope we hear plenty from Wilwa and Shasta toDay. Also, something about Mac's "perky" attitude reminds me of times he's been a wolf before.

Last edited by Rikae; 10-12-2014 at 08:02 AM. Reason: X'd with Nerwen
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #92
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Agan, of all people? Really?

Regarding the possibility of Agan bluffing as seer, I could see her buddying up to Dun for a Day had she dreamt him a wolf. After all, she's a hot candidate for Night kills (as we've just seen), so throwing him off her scent could buy her an extra dream or two so she could....I don't know, man, it's Agan. Frankly, my first suspicions would not have been that she was the seer; she defended Dun to the extreme, sure, but the manner in which she did it does not cry seer to me. I think she was going from what little evidence she had and wanted to keep Dun around because, as she said, she wanted to play with him.

Speaking of which, good show, village. Way to steamroll yet another ranger for essentially no reason. *grumbles* Poor Legate. Where the heck did that come from?

Mistress Kit, could we perhaps get a definitive yea or nay on the wildcard? I'd just like to be able to get a crystal picture of our situation.

No more to say at the moment, as I've a big project to complete today. Fair warning that I will probably be pretty quiet until late this evening, but I'll slip in when I can.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #93
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I guess I wasn't clear enough. Agan, for some reason, went all out to save you, to the extent of casting the kill-vote on another player whom she obviously didn't particularly suspect. To the wolves, this might well have suggested she was the Seer who had dreamed you as an innocent- unless you're *not* innocent, in which case it might be, as I said, a bluff. Or they might have killed her for some other reason- that's why I mentioned a.) her sudden gung-ho attitude towards lynching Mac and Shasta and b.) her Wildcard question. (I'd say we don't have one, but the numbers are borderline.
Ah. I would think it unlikely that she was targeted for entertaining a Mac or Shasta lynch in such a lukewarm manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
It seems to me that they must have thought she was the seer - I had that thought myself. That, of course, would make Inzil look much better.
But in that case, why is Inzil acting so weird and defensive now? I thought Nerwen's "bluff" theory was far-fetched, but now that I see his reaction, I'm entertaining the possibility.
Weird? Always. But if I was a wolf, this 'bluff' would obviously draw this exact scrutiny of me.

Quote:
Last Night I was thinking there had to be a wolvish influence in such a messed up wagon, perhaps an attempt to save Inzil by either Greenie or a cleverly bluffing Agan.
It could certainly be taken that way.
Cab voted Legate first, saying:

Quote:
So with not a lot to go on, let's go with who saw suspicion in me, I would say unnecessarily and prematurely.
So, he chose Legate over me, though both of us could be said to have 'seen suspicion' in him.
Then Greenie followed that vote, of course.

Of the two, Greenie's looks a little worse.

x/d with Sally
Old 10-12-2014, 09:36 AM   #94
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post

Mistress Kit, could we perhaps get a definitive yea or nay on the wildcard? I'd just like to be able to get a crystal picture of our situation.
A disembodied head floats down among the villagers
There is no wildcard in play
Disembodied head floats away
Old 10-12-2014, 09:46 AM   #95
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
A disembodied head floats down among the villagers
There is no wildcard in play
Disembodied head floats away
Spooky, yet informative. Thank you, disembodied head.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:06 AM   #96
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Weird? Always. But if I was a wolf, this 'bluff' would obviously draw this exact scrutiny of me.
Really? Because it seems to me that it is far more likely to make you look innocent. Like I said, if not for your reaction, I would have moved you lower on my suspect list.

As a bluff, it doesn't really make that much sense. Why would the wolves feel the need to base their kill on protecting Inzil rather than hunting the seer? Sure, he came under fire, but day one suspicions are often short-lived. It would take a panicky wolf, a panicky pack, to do that, but that's just how Inzil is coming off - panicky.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:09 AM   #97
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
As a bluff, it doesn't really make that much sense. Why would the wolves feel the need to base their kill on protecting Inzil rather than hunting the seer? Sure, he came under fire, but day one suspicions are often short-lived. It would take a panicky wolf, a panicky pack, to do that, but that's just how Inzil is coming off - panicky.
Well, ok then. I can see how going after Agan could be taken either way. It might also have been just something to lead us in the wrong direction, without any particular path in mind.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:12 AM   #98
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I wonder why we have the same people in the forefront two Days in a row. A couple of wolves at least are lurking in the background out of the fray.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:36 PM   #99
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Just returned home, should be around periodically for several hours, as I said it is Thanksgiving so my family time is going to have to take precedence over this, but I will do my best. The deadline for me is rather early in the morning so I'll have to vote fairly early in the Day

Quote:
To me it simply looked like Agan just wanted to play with Inzil and perhaps voted too quickly without really thinking it through, but I can definitely see how it could have looked like she was a Seer trying to protect an innocent she dreamed of. The wolves may not have had very much to go on either (only 2 pages of posts, a couple players not even present), so this one thing could have simply been better than nothing for them. This theory would make Inzil look very innocent. I can also see how this might look like a potential bluff by the wolves, but I don't know how likely I find that. The whole thing could just have easily been a random kill choice, so I'm not going to decide on Inzil's innocence just based on this.

Also, it took me way too long to figure out who Algae was supposed to be. Any reason Greenie isn't an acceptable nickname anymore, or was it all a plot to mess with my mind?
Old 10-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #100
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, this Day One was certainly terrible, even by Day One standards. Too few people online at the deadline, otherwise we might have prevented this.

Why Aganzir? Her mistake-vote made her look very innocent, I think. Wolves don't panic like that when voting one innocent over the other. Maybe some people were going to suspect her, but I doubt it. There was no way she was going to be the seer either, though I keep reading about that. If Aganseer had dreamt of Legate, her mess-up would have been incredible, and if she dreamt of an ordo-Inzil, she would have been more subtle about saving him. For a seer, it's better to have a known-to-you innocent die than to risk your own life by sticking out like that.
I don't see how her death makes Inzil look neither better nor worse, to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green
I have a feeling that a guilty Mac would be more involved, would more actively try to steer the conversation (or else cause chaos like he did last time he was evil).
An axe through the neck cures one of such behavior. This game I'll be all fluffy and agreeable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan, to Green
You, on the other hand, post an entire paragraph about it.
This was in reply to LG's point against Legate (don't want to quote the whole thing). I noticed this, too: a tiny point against Legate, blown up by a whole lot. Sure, it was day one and there was preciously little else to go on, but still. Odd.

And why is Inzil so eager to have me suspect him? I feel taunted.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:23 PM   #101
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
And why is Inzil so eager to have me suspect him? I feel taunted.
Maybe he's playing a dangerous game and is the third McWolf?
Old 10-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #102
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Maybe he's playing a dangerous game and is the third McWolf?
As epic as that would be, past experience wouldn't lend itself to a repeat.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:31 PM   #103
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I need to go back over Day 1 before I contribute too much, but I did want to let you guys know I'm here this time. Sorry
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 10-12-2014, 03:44 PM   #104
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Well, alright, done that then. There really wasn't much that stood out in particular - the only thing I managed to dig up out of the banter-fest that was Day 1 was an interesting point Greenie (I refuse to call her algae on the grounds that algae is gross and slimy and Greenie is neither one of these things) brought up regarding Rikae's views on McCaber...

Nah, it's probably nothing.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:59 PM   #105
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Well, alright, done that then. There really wasn't much that stood out in particular - the only thing I managed to dig up out of the banter-fest that was Day 1 was an interesting point Greenie (I refuse to call her algae on the grounds that algae is gross and slimy and Greenie is neither one of these things) brought up regarding Rikae's views on McCaber...

Nah, it's probably nothing.
Come to think of it, she is kind of misrepresenting what I said there, since it was a double post and pretty obviously a continuation of the same thought.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #106
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Well, if the wolves thought Agan was the Seer and had dreamed Inzil, they either consider her completely dishonourable or didn't read the thread very carefully. Agan only found out the game had started two hours before deadline yesterDay, so unless she lied about that, there's no way she could have dreamed anybody. Mind you, they might still have thought she was the Seer on some other grounds, but as to what those might be, I've no idea. Or else they just figured that her voting mistake would make her look very innocent and decided to be rid of her for that reason? Then again, targeting anyone but a potential Seer doesn't really make sense at this stage so I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Where did the Legate-wagon come from, anyway? I knew my vote would get me some of my own, but I was surprised to see he got lynched.
Although I'm pretty certain there's a wolf who voted me, odds are there's at least one who went for Legate. It narrows the possibilities at least that one on each bandwagon is gone.
I'm not sure it can be called a wagon, to be honest. I mean - three people voting for Legate, one because Legate voted him, another because of an argument now proven to be completely wrong, and the third because she preferred playing with Inzil to playing with Legate. (Sorry to phrase it so bluntly but I seriously dislike the "I like playing with this guy so I'm not going to vote for him" -argument, even on a Day 1. I was prepared to argue about it with Agan toDay but obviously can't now. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
So you voted for Mac to bait him? Was that it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
This looks like she's trying to explain it away, to me. She mentions a reason he's suspicious, but only labels it "confusing" and suggests a typo.
Incorrect. I said Inzil was being inconsistent (suspecting McCaber but voting for Mac), but that doesn't necessarily equal suspicious. If you have a suggestion as to what an evil Inzil would accomplish by that, please tell me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
Also, it took me way too long to figure out who Algae was supposed to be. Any reason Greenie isn't an acceptable nickname anymore, or was it all a plot to mess with my mind?
Greenie is fine, Agan just got the idea somewhere and is determined to use it, but she's more or less the only one who does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I refuse to call her algae on the grounds that algae is gross and slimy and Greenie is neither one of these things
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green
I have a feeling that a guilty Mac would be more involved, would more actively try to steer the conversation (or else cause chaos like he did last time he was evil).
An axe through the neck cures one of such behavior. This game I'll be all fluffy and agreeable!
Err... Mac? Are you in fact telling us how your wolf tactics this game are going to be smoother than last time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
This was in reply to LG's point against Legate (don't want to quote the whole thing). I noticed this, too: a tiny point against Legate, blown up by a whole lot. Sure, it was day one and there was preciously little else to go on, but still. Odd.
Blown up by a whole lot mostly because I struggled to phrase what I had in mind and didn't manage to do it in a more concise manner.

EDIT: x-ed with Rikae
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:37 PM   #107
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Come to think of it, she is kind of misrepresenting what I said there, since it was a double post and pretty obviously a continuation of the same thought.
Sorry. I must have been unclear in explaining what I meant. What I was trying to get at was that you asked why McCaber is suspicious and added a point against him in quick succession. Obviously might be a simple case of thinking while typing, but it could as well be a case of subtly adding suspicion on a player while keeping your hands clean.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 10-12-2014, 04:40 PM   #108
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Right kiddos, it's outrageously late here so I need to head to bed. I'll be back some hours before deadline to post more and vote.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:04 PM   #109
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
So you voted for Mac to bait him? Was that it?
Pretty much. I couldn't see voting anyone but him or Cab, and I wanted to see how Mac and others would react.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:57 PM   #110
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Incorrect. I said Inzil was being inconsistent (suspecting McCaber but voting for Mac), but that doesn't necessarily equal suspicious. If you have a suggestion as to what an evil Inzil would accomplish by that, please tell me.
A wolf might have wanted Cab lynched, but not to be in the wagon. He might have been wolf-on-wolfing. Could be lots of things. But what I wonder is: why would an innocent Greenie repeatedly bring up such inconsistencies without any intent to either cast, or to answer, suspicion?

As for my posts on Cab, I can't see how it would be unclear to any honest reader: I was surprised by Inzil & Legate's suspicion which seemed disproportionate, and then made a guess as to what they meant: something I had noticed but didn't consider particularly significant myself.

What would be the point of sneakily casting suspicion on someone who was, at that point, the most suspected anyway?
Old 10-12-2014, 06:47 PM   #111
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
As for my posts on Cab, I can't see how it would be unclear to any honest reader: I was surprised by Inzil & Legate's suspicion which seemed disproportionate, and then made a guess as to what they meant: something I had noticed but didn't consider particularly significant myself.
I don't recall saying either Cab or Mac were doubleplussuspicious. On a slow Day, that little bit with Mac seemingly answering your summons, and Cab calling him on it, just stood out.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #112
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Alright, I pretty much just have the time to vote now and then won't be able to make it back on, as I said the DL is quite early in the morning for me. If I'm alive for Day 3 it will no longer be a holiday so I should have quite a bit more time to contribute.

I feel quite good about Rikae and Mac, and just in the chance that the wolves did think Agan a seer for her behaviour about Inzil I won't vote for him today (Nerwen suggested it could be a bluff to protect him from getting votes again, but to me Night 1 is not the time to start worrying about protecting themselves from random votes they got, rather than go after the seer, so I'm inclined to think they thought she could have dreamed him). That doesn't mean I'll never consider him again, but for now I think I'll go elsewhere.

McCaber hasn't contributed yet today, and Shasta not really enough for me yet, so I'll leave out them. So my choices are then Greenie, Nerwen or Sally.

I'll go with this:

++Greenie

I admit, more from process of elimination of who I really don't want to vote for, rather than because I really find her suspicious.

Slight chance I'll be up early enough to come back, but more than likely I won't be on until Day 3, when I seriously hope to have the time to do more.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #113
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
I'm not sure it can be called a wagon, to be honest. I mean - three people voting for Legate, one because Legate voted him, another because of an argument now proven to be completely wrong, and the third because she preferred playing with Inzil to playing with Legate.
May I read "because of an argument now proven to be completely wrong" as "don't look back at what I did there, because it reeks of wolfishness"?

I mean, of course the argument is now proven wrong. That always happens whenever an innocent gets lynched. Why point it out as such while being vague about the detail? It really has a taste of you trying to absolve yourself of making a bad case, and that makes me suspicious.

Unrelated: Shall we call it the Legate band-tricycle?

Last edited by Macalaure; 10-12-2014 at 07:40 PM. Reason: punctuation,.;:!
Old 10-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #114
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Hmm. There's still a distinct lack of activity from some, which is problematic.

I can see Wilwa's point on Greenie, and the latter's vote for Legate still looks off. The fact that Mac appears to be probing toward a possible Greenie vote gives me pause though.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:35 PM   #115
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I'm uncertain as to whether or not Rikae is more or less suspicious based on her response, but I'll leave it lie for not. Have to admit, I'm not seeing where the suspicion on Greenie is coming from, but that might just be that I'm playing from my phone (it's storming) and it's difficult to fully read the thread when I can't make notes.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:44 PM   #116
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I'm not seeing where the suspicion on Greenie is coming from, but that might just be that I'm playing from my phone (it's storming) and it's difficult to fully read the thread when I can't make notes.
I'm still going on the idea that a wolf was in on the Legate-lynch, and coming from Greenie it looked more opportunistic. I don't know she'd be my first choice for a vote, though. I feel fairly good about Wilwa, so there's that.

I wasn't much mollified by Nerwen's response that she 'thinks like a wolf', and she isn't coming across as her innocent wolf-hinting self.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #117
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Man, bedtime again.

I'm reluctant to follow on the Greenie train right now, mainly due to Mac.

So I'll go with ++Nerwen

based on my last.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:15 PM   #118
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Zil's really weird toDay, isn’t he?
Old 10-12-2014, 10:37 PM   #119
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I don't know what to do with Inzil anymore. I'll look at him tomorrow.

Greenie is my best bet for tonight, so here we go:

++A Little Green
Old 10-12-2014, 10:59 PM   #120
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

There's something strange going on between Mac and Inzil, seemingly. If Agan was killed due to looking like the Seer (I can't find another reason for her to be killed so soon after causing Legate's death, anyway) then I tend to lean towards Mac. Plus he voted me yesterday, the cad!

++Macalaure