The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2005, 12:10 PM   #11
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
cue Cole Porter "Mith Alwen regrets she does not agree today..."

Well Bilbo, I am sorry you have voted for me because I think you are innocent but I also think you have effectively signed your own death warrant. Your accusation of me is ludicrous - I was pivotal in deciding both righteous executions - maybe alas in the wrongful one. I wish I had time to post more at lunchtime else I might have saved both our skins..... however you did not care to look at my reasoning.

I genuinely never expected to be making this vote and so once the truth about Primrose was announced, I thought over things and came to a conclusion I did not want to see. I had been seduced by the idea that one of the werewolves would be keeping a low profile. I realised for all my minor suspicions, the final werewolf might have been very vocal. As I said I suspected the phantom, but the Phantom is dead.

So why the

Phantom not me? We both more or less published a rank order of suspicion. Bilbo and Oddwen had little reason to get me out of the way. In these late stages the voting will get random and the Phantom had been more suspected than me.

If Kuruharan were the werewolf, I am sure he would have killed me, he was next in order.
He said something early on about the simplest explanation was the best... at last I agree. This is the instinct I had last night and now I feel events support it. I think when we debated between Fea and Firefoot we debated in effect which werewold to hang first. When we were right about Firefoot, Fea managed to deflect suspicion. Look back, she has jumped on bandwagons with Primrose and Bilbo and Phantom had her second on his list and is now dead.

I think that it was also maybe a quid pro quo for allowing friendship to influence the choice between her and Firefoot. She is so clever.... if you look she has managed to sympathize and support me while also suggesting I am not above suspicion. But I think our werewolves were so enthusiastic about their role they got a little carried away at first - Fea managed to turn it around, but I still think on reflection, that the most likely explanation is that she is a werewolf. As Phantom pointed out Mormegil did not clear her - I think he wanted to bag Firefoot while deflecting Fea's attention.

Of course I may be quite wrong and if so I am sorry - I am not absolutely certain but it is what my head and heart tell me. To pick one of the others would be completely random. If one of them is guilty then I salute you for playing a blinder..... but I will vote with conscience not ease. Reread..... see what the dead have thought....

Phantom - I think you lost your life for mine, and I think this is how you would have voted too ++Feanor of the Peredhil

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote