The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2020, 11:14 AM   #881
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
So, going with scenario 3, who do we think Kath's fellow would be?

I would love it to be Boro just because his innocent-playing-seer-getting-two-wolves-lynched show would be so delightful (actually, it's delightful regardless of his role).

Last edited by Rikae; 05-17-2020 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Typo
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:15 AM   #882
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
This is the most fitting description of the whole situation (and the description of my thought processes in every game of Werewolf anyway).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:18 AM   #883
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
So, going with scenario 3, who do we think Kath's fellow would be?

I would love it to be Boro just because his innocent-playing-seer-getting-two-wolves-lynched show would be so delightful (actually, it's delightful regardless of his role).
It would have been a great move for him. I was thinking Lottie could be the Child, but that's largely guessing.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-17-2020, 11:23 AM   #884
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'd think if the child was around and posting they'd have revealed, so Rune or Greenie.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:31 AM   #885
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
I'd think if the child was around and posting they'd have revealed, so Rune or Greenie.
Maybe Rune, since he seems to be doing his own thing, and it would be more amusing that way.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:32 AM   #886
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
So I take a day off for weeding and housecleaning and come back to THIS???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
It would have been a great move for him. I was thinking Lottie could be the Child, but that's largely guessing.
Me too. I mean her panic reaction to Sally hunting her felt a lot like she had a special role; my first guess was the IC, but seer would have made sense too.

FWIW, Kath's post about us clearly knowing something we don't (which I quoted on the last page) has earned her a *ping*. I think the Infected would have more to gain from fostering blind trust in our vote than the innocents.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:47 AM   #887
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Greenie's #1413 - This is so awesome. If Brinn isn't the Seer, she would have been preparing to do a fake gifted reveal at some point right from the start; don't know how likely that is.
And if she is, the wolves probably killed me just to frame Steve, + starting to suspect Ka, + leaving no trail to the others.

Last edited by Pitchwife; 05-17-2020 at 11:48 AM. Reason: typo
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:49 AM   #888
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
I think that's everyone! No counter reveal, so:

I am the Innocent Child.
Ha!
Old 05-17-2020, 11:51 AM   #889
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Okay, since no one in the GT challenged Brinn, I'll trust her. Would have been cool if we had agreed to vote Kath yesterDay!

++Kath

I hope the child reveals toDay so she doesn't dream them tonight by accident. I think the wolves could still win in that case, right?

Edit: crossed, obviously
Old 05-17-2020, 11:53 AM   #890
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Since I might loose service here soon, I'll add my vote:

++Rune
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:54 AM   #891
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Greenie's #1413 - This is so awesome. If Brinn isn't the Seer, she would have been preparing to do a fake gifted reveal at some point right from the start; don't know how likely that is.
Yes. And isn't it actually what G55 said?

I, in fact, checked a few Days back Brinn's posts whether she might not be the Seer, but I didn't reach any conclusion worth mentioning. She's been doing a really good job of avoiding... anything.

Also the initial suspicion (coupled with the votes provided by our beloved G55, Rikae and later Hui) probably provided the best cover for her, ever.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:56 AM   #892
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

So, G55 (and later, G55 & Hui) ended up protecting the seer with their votes? Delicious.

I mean, G55 did abstain, but she always had the power to decide that vote.

Edit: crossed, haha, great minds
Old 05-17-2020, 11:58 AM   #893
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

++Kath
Old 05-17-2020, 12:01 PM   #894
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Got to say, if Brinn's the seer I'm fairly proud of how I handled that day 2 vote situation, but of course I had no way of knowing if I was right or wrong and have been second-guessing it through the whole game
And yeah, G55, you definitely helped with the second guessing with your gloating. Had me second guessing the Lhuna lynch, too. Well cobbled.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:06 PM   #895
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

So, was your vote an attempt to flag her as the seer?

That Greeks bearing gifts thing ... ! I read those early posts so many times, and there were a number of bantery comments that snagged my attention like "hm, what's behind this?", and in that case I did that and didn't stop to answer my own question.

Lesson learned: always answer all my own questions.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:06 PM   #896
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

"Your" = Cobbler55
Old 05-17-2020, 12:09 PM   #897
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Brinniel as Seer... not what I would have expected. I'm a bit confused as to why I was killed, then.

++Kath
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 12:18 PM   #898
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Was like, "wait, what about Greenie"? Then went back and saw her on Brinn's list. Need more coffee.

So, bets on Rune and Boro?
Old 05-17-2020, 12:21 PM   #899
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
At work today, and busy.

++Kath
Old 05-17-2020, 12:26 PM   #900
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

If Brinn really is the Seer, one thing is clear.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:27 PM   #901
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Was like, "wait, what about Greenie"? Then went back and saw her on Brinn's list. Need more coffee.

So, bets on Rune and Boro?
That's a tough one. I think I'd go Rune.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 12:30 PM   #902
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by inziladun View Post
if brinn really is the seer, one thing is clear.
:d
Old 05-17-2020, 12:32 PM   #903
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Boro has been super-clever though. I thought Rune innocent in the beginning, but then we started differing in our opinions... especially concerning Lottie. I wonder whether Runewolf wouldn't go harder after her... but then perhaps his packmates didn't share the idea.

Anyways, occurs to me that through our vote toDay, we could have, y'know, suggested one of the remaining two (as a message to the Living) - but probably too late for that now...
Old 05-17-2020, 12:35 PM   #904
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Me too. I mean her panic reaction to Sally hunting her felt a lot like she had a special role; my first guess was the IC, but seer would have made sense too.
sally, you should have hunted Lottie after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Yes. And isn't it actually what G55 said?
And you thought I was joking.

Quote:
So, was your vote an attempt to flag her as the seer?
Not exactly. I had a feeling she was up to something, but only seriously considered her as a possible Seer mid-game (but only based on her Day 1 posting plus the now revealed roles. I honestly didn't read the GT in enough detail to remember most people's posting since I died). I was 99.9% sure you guys were wrong about Boro being the Seer though. I was kinda surprised that Mac suggested it, because a different role seemed much more likely to me at that time.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:35 PM   #905
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well I'll be....
++Kath

Well at least I got the Innocent Child right

Sorry Eonwe, if you ever read this....
Old 05-17-2020, 12:49 PM   #906
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Boro has been very clever. Question is, is he an absolute rock star of an ordo, in which case I am very impressed (he should probably be considered a gifted regardless of role in the future) ... or is he a wolf who tried a bold plan that backfired, in which case ... I'm still pretty impressed, tbh. I love that kind of stuff.

But at the end of the day, if it was a wolf plan it was a flawed one and I think Boro's too clear thinking to try it. So, Rune. Which makes this a very, very under-reindeer pack.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:49 PM   #907
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Pro forma:

++Lottie

I hope you die, you obnoxious piece of absolute sunshine!
Old 05-17-2020, 12:50 PM   #908
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Boro has been very clever. Question is, is he an absolute rock star of an ordo, in which case I am very impressed (he should probably be considered a gifted regardless of role in the future) ... or is he a wolf who tried a bold plan that backfired, in which case ... I'm still pretty impressed, tbh. I love that kind of stuff.
I am curious - if he is, in fact, a wolf, what do you think was his plan and where has it backfired?
Old 05-17-2020, 12:54 PM   #909
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

On the other hand, if Rune is guilty that means Boro, as an ordo, was right about basically everyone but Eonwe and still managed to not die. What are the odds?
Old 05-17-2020, 01:01 PM   #910
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I am curious - if he is, in fact, a wolf, what do you think was his plan and where has it backfired?
Probably to flush out the seer, and the actual seer remained alive until the endgame, so that's a pretty major backfire.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:03 PM   #911
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

My gut still says Rune is innocent, and I'll feel super stupid if he turns out a wolf.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:20 PM   #912
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Probably to flush out the seer, and the actual seer remained alive until the endgame, so that's a pretty major backfire.
Possible. Though if the reason was "gain trust and steer the village"... I guess the optimal wolf ploy would be to combine those two. You gotta realize though, the longer you live that way the less chance of you actually being the Seer.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:21 PM   #913
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

And now we have to do the obligatory waiting till DL, and then till toMorrow, to find out who the last wolf was. Bummer. I wish we could fast forward.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:21 PM   #914
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I don't think I'm included in this request for a preference. But I prefer Rune

I did provide cover and protect you from the infectors until yesterday. I hope that counts for something.
Why would Ordomir88 plead with Brinn not do dream him? He'd have nothing to fear. Besides, with just him and Rune left undreamed, the result would be the same either way. Nah, he just enjoys messing with everybody now. He's a wolf.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:25 PM   #915
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Possible. Though if the reason was "gain trust and steer the village"... I guess the optimal wolf ploy would be to combine those two. You gotta realize though, the longer you live that way the less chance of you actually being the Seer.
He basically made himself guaranteed to be dreamed by the actual seer, which is why I wasn't worried about it.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:26 PM   #916
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Why would Ordomir88 plead with Brinn not do dream him? He'd have nothing to fear. Besides, with just him and Rune left undreamed, the result would be the same either way. Nah, he just enjoys messing with everybody now. He's a wolf.
Why would wolf Boro either?
Old 05-17-2020, 01:31 PM   #917
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

(continuation of last)

Just banter, if he's a wolf Brinn would get him either way.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:31 PM   #918
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Brinn gave us marching orders for toMorrow if they're selected toNight:

Quote:
If*Boro*is evil the QT vote will be for him. If he's innocent, the QT vote will be for*Rune.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 01:41 PM   #919
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

And you totally mean to stick with that, yes?
Old 05-17-2020, 02:14 PM   #920
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Just came back in... hah, you lot bought it? Delicious, absolutely delicious...

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote