The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2020, 03:54 PM   #721
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
So it's up to the dead?

That makes me feel strangely calm.

They will do what is best.

We can figure out toMorrow to fix our communication (also about toDay) if necessary and if we're still alive.
Unless they go with the plan, in which case it all depends on whether Greenie dreamt of a wolf, and who that wolf is.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:55 PM   #722
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
I found what I assumed was the post you were referring to:

So you, sally and Pitch all voted for Mac. And you said one of them is innocent. I was asking which one you thought was innocent, given I assumed you weren't counting yourself.

Sorry if that wasn't clear when I asked.
Oh. Me, of course. I don't know any other alignments.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:55 PM   #723
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
So it's Shasta unless the dead thread empowers one of the Mac voters?

DEAD THREAD, EMPOWER ME, FOR FLIP'S SAKE.

Not that it will make a difference at this point, but I can try!
Quote:
Originally Posted by list
If Shasta is a wolf, empower Sally.
That would be a mess.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:56 PM   #724
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
But what if Mac is innocent too?
Then the game is on me, and I apologize.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:57 PM   #725
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The dead thread is going crazy. Maybe they're actually mobilizing! Cross your fingers, chaps!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:57 PM   #726
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
This deadline is nerve-wrecking...
Old 06-11-2020, 03:57 PM   #727
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
If Shasta is a wolf, empower Sally.
That would be a mess.
Which list?
Old 06-11-2020, 03:58 PM   #728
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
That would be a mess.
Well, I'm just asking them to empower me because I think my beloved won't come back in time, and even more so I think your actual beloved is a hairy clawed beast, so screw the list and let's try to save the village.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:58 PM   #729
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Since my voters voted first, if one of them is the medium, assuming Nilp doesn't magically appear, I get lynched.
Then if the dead think Mac is a wolf, they should empower him. I have had doubts that he's guilty because my top suspects voted him, but I could be wrong here.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:59 PM   #730
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Well, I'm just asking them to empower me because I think my beloved won't come back in time, and even more so I think your actual beloved is a hairy clawed beast, so screw the list and let's try to save the village.
You were the one railing against changing the list at 3 pm because the dead might have already based their votes on it!

I think we know where to go for shoes.
Old 06-11-2020, 04:00 PM   #731
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
And now I'm thinking maybe I should've voted Mac, but the bandwagon against him rubbed me the wrong way..
Old 06-11-2020, 04:00 PM   #732
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Eye

++Shasta
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 04:01 PM   #733
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

My hero!

Last edited by Macalaure; 06-11-2020 at 04:01 PM. Reason: oops, past the deadline
Old 06-11-2020, 04:01 PM   #734
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Deadline cease posting.

There was a medium chosen. Who that specifically was will be revealed in the narration.

With the previous ruling stated somewhere after Nogrod's lynch about the Medium vote tying it up.

Edit: Nilp's vote came in. It will count.

Shasta is lynched.
Old 06-11-2020, 04:02 PM   #735
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
++Shasta
SON OF A-

x'd for sure
Old 06-11-2020, 04:07 PM   #736
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Leaf Day 4 Narration

In the beginning, things could not have gone much worse for the village. Lynch after lynch turned up just another wrongly accused villager. Then a glimmer of hope, even if it cost the loss of the seer, the Beast Hunter had booby trapped her home, which caught one of the werewolves.

With this new information and knowledge came a new hope. Would the villagers be able to capitalize on this new found fortune? How would they put this information to use?

"Why not spend the day arguing different messages from the dead?" decided many of them.

The dead looked on and waited.

"How about we realize the dire situation and focus on voting to lynch a werewolf?" said Shasta.

The dead looked on and waited.

"No, we need to make sure they get a clear message of what we want." argued others.

The dead looked on and waited. And as the day approached to an end they came to a decision.

It was Shasta's voice that spoke and everyone went quiet. "Isn't it obvious? ++Macalaure"

"What the devil are the dead trying to tell us?" questioned all the villagers. "This puts us in a tie!"

"I think that means I'm lynched?" said Mac "If I'm following this blasted thing correctly."

"++SHASTA!" came Nilp running and huffing and puffing. "SORRY! I fell asleep! But did I make it!"

That was enough for the village, right in the nick of time to let go of Mac and send Shasta to the gallow.

"Welp I tried" declared Shasta.

An ordinary villager was lynched.

The Dead

Boro (Town Recorder) - murdered by pack Night 1
Huinesoron (Villager) - lynched Day 1
Loslote (Villager) - killed by pack Night 2
Nogrod (Villager) - Lynched Day 2
Blind Guardian (Villager) - killed by pack Night 3
Formendacil (Villager) - lynched Day 3
A Little Green (Seer) - killed by pack Night 4
Legate of Amon Lanc (Werewolf) - caught in BH booby trap Night 4
Shastanis Althreduin (Villager) - Lynched Day 4

The Living

Brinniel
Kath
Macalaure
Nilpaurion Felagund
Pitchwife
Rikae
satansaloser2005
Thinlomien

----

It is Night 5. Silence in the town.

Werewolves talk and send kill.

Ranger Protect.

Beast Hunter's trap has been used

Last edited by Boromir88; 06-11-2020 at 04:13 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:00 PM   #737
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Leaf Night 5

Nothing short of a miracle would manage to save the town now. They had their best chances the previous day and still failed to lynch a wolf. Each Day was villager after villager.

In the House of Nilpaurion, he was not able to sleep. After sending Shasta to the gallow he had been pacing throughout his house all night. All his traps and contraptions and devices were destroyed in sorrow and anger.

In another part of town the 3 werewolves plotted who they were going to kill tonight. Was Nilpaurion the surest kill? They were prepared for any of his traps now, but perhaps the Ranger had not protected him the previous night.

"We have to avenge Legate!" growled one of the werewolves.

"We are this close to victory." said another. "Shouldn't we think about if he's protected tonight? We must keep our heads and not think of irrational revenge."

"No he's pretty much a confirmed innocent. And he's already killed one of us, which makes him the most dangerous." said the last. And so it was decided.

The wolves busted down the doors of Nilp's house. They all brought some shields and hid behind them when busting down the door, just in case if that nasty Beast Hunter had booby trapped the door. Nothing happened.

After breaking in the wolves looked around and saw the house was destroyed. Every cup and possible device for a trap was destroyed. They began calling for Nilp. "Oh Nilp? Beasty...beasty...beasty?" they called as if they were trying to summon a dog. "We have a message from Legate we'd like to deliver." They were really hoping to rub it in his face.

All through the house they looked. And when they finally got to the last room. To their shock, Nilp was lying on the floor with a sword in his hand. He had ran on his own sword.

"What the...?" said the confused wolves. "That's plain not fair!"

One of the werewolves picked up the note. on the table.

"I am of the House of Felagund. Though my pride has fallen, I will not allow myself to be taken by the likes of you for your pleasure. May my spirit find peace and rest! ++Nilp

"We've been Nilp'd!" protested the wolves. Though this soured their night, they still knew, their victory was close at hand.

The Dead

Boro (Town Recorder) - murdered by pack Night 1
Huinesoron (Villager) - lynched Day 1
Loslote (Villager) - killed by pack Night 2
Nogrod (Villager) - Lynched Day 2
Blind Guardian (Villager) - killed by pack Night 3
Formendacil (Villager) - lynched Day 3
A Little Green (Seer) - killed by pack Night 4
Legate of Amon Lanc (Werewolf) - caught in BH booby trap Night 4
Shastanis Althreduin (Villager) - Lynched Day 4
Nilpaurion Felagund (Beast Hunter) - Death ritual Night 5

The Living

Brinniel
Kath
Macalaure
Pitchwife
Rikae
satansaloser2005
Thinlomien

----

It is Day 5. Village is in quite a bind and in need of a miracle, but a Fool's hope remains.

With 9 dead members. A vote of 5 is required for a Medium.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:00 PM   #738
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

What was that absolute nonsense?

Try that again. I forgot about the caps thing.

WHAT WAS ALL THE ABSOLUTE NONSENSE?
Old 06-12-2020, 04:01 PM   #739
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
++ Mac

everyone real fast?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:01 PM   #740
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
If it's a tie the medium can still do it, right?
Old 06-12-2020, 04:01 PM   #741
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Nooooo!

Not my heeerooooo!!
Old 06-12-2020, 04:02 PM   #742
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

And I'm extremely sorry for several reasons.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:02 PM   #743
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

You're not the only one who's sorry....
Old 06-12-2020, 04:02 PM   #744
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Nooooo!

Not my heeerooooo!!
Shut up, furry person.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:03 PM   #745
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'm rotating in my own future grave.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:04 PM   #746
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Why is no one else voting?
Old 06-12-2020, 04:04 PM   #747
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

++Rikae

Cobbler, it's on you!
Old 06-12-2020, 04:04 PM   #748
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

After reading through all the previous days again, one person stands out.

One who has not only contributed to, but actively pushed for all four unjust lynchings of innocent villagers!

One who was never useful or productive, who stirred controversy and confusion with every post.

That one must die!

++Rikae

(Besides, do you realize how bad it is for an ecosystem when you kill off all the apex predators? Without our majestic wolves, we would be overrun with prey animals, and Greenwood the Great would turn into a barren wasteland!)
Old 06-12-2020, 04:05 PM   #749
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
++Rikae
Old 06-12-2020, 04:05 PM   #750
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

++Rikae

Cobbler, please report for lunching....I mean lynching.

x'd with the pack and our sweet assistant
Old 06-12-2020, 04:05 PM   #751
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Are you telling me you think Rikae isn't the cobbler?

If that's true, then I'm glad someone else needs to facepalm as hard as me after this game
Old 06-12-2020, 04:06 PM   #752
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Sally? I thought it was Kath!
Old 06-12-2020, 04:07 PM   #753
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh my god.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:07 PM   #754
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Seriously
Old 06-12-2020, 04:07 PM   #755
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Sally? I thought it was Kath!
I could tell.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:08 PM   #756
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

*gets fork and knife and napkin*

Let's finish this like civilized wolves!

Old 06-12-2020, 04:08 PM   #757
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

*slow clap*

That was absolutely insane, wolves. Well done.

Kath, would you like to join me in the idiot innocents' club?

It does comfort me though that why I went so wrong was because I was certain Kath was innocent.

At least I got SOMETHING right.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:09 PM   #758
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is the best!

You should all have listened to Shasta.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:10 PM   #759
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Also SERIOUSLY.

Brinn and Kath. Why did we not make Sally the other lynch option yesterDay. WE ALL SUSPECTED HER GOD[censored].
Old 06-12-2020, 04:10 PM   #760
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Yes, Mac, let us break out the blood goblets and the knives meant for the most tender meat. We are, after all, classy motherwolfers.