The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-03-2007, 02:44 PM   #81
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
However ..there is probably a wolf among us now ... if Xyzzy is a wolf, then saying it is too mean to lynch a newbie no show first day is a good cover....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:44 PM   #82
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Even if I agree with Macalaure with his vote as a reasonable try toDay I somewhat object to his way of playing it. No discussion, no further points or taking part on the discussion... Looks a bit too detached to me. A wolf would do just like that. Have a case and stick to it without surrendering yourself to the discussions too much as someone might start suspecting you (look how Legate decided to start suspecting me out of nowhere as soon as I started to post more... ).

Sorry to be this outspoken now. I mean not to confuse, but as I have been spared of the most suspicions I'm pretty high on the Nightly kill-list and wish to say what I can.

So look closely for Macalaure toMorrow. And Roa too. Her slightly jumping on Gil was something I wouldn't wait from her were she an innocent, I'm afraid. But where she a wolf it was a mistake on her part and she rarely makes them...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:47 PM   #83
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
but i got a little itch from Lommy's post... she just came right out and tried to defend Roa... could be a virtuous villager, but everyone should know that if they are an ordinary, they are on their own
While Lommy's words that Roa is making sense could cause some questioning, I do not think that is a good enough reason to vote for her. Gil may have been the first to vote for Lommy, but he did so only after tgwbs pointed out his suspicions of her. Gil seems suspicious to me, but too often the village lynches him and he turns out innocent, so I'm not so sure...

I could consider tgwbs, but I agree with Nogrod that if he is innocent, he could be good to have around. I will not vote for him toDay, but will examine him later.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:48 PM   #84
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Upgrading the vote.

Lommy -> Glirdan
Sixth -> Glirdan (2)
Glirdan -> Sixth (Glirdan 2, Sixth 1)
Roa -> tgwbs (Glirdan 2, Sixth 1, tgwbs 1)
Gil -> Lommy (Glirdan 2, Sixth 1, tgwbs 1, Lommy 1)
tgwbs -> Lommy (Glirdan 2, Lommy 2, Sixth 1, tgwbs 1)
Mac -> tgwbs (Glirdan 2, Lommy 2, Sixth 1, tgwbs 2)

Not voted: Brinniel, Nogrod, Mith, Legate, Rikae, Xyzzy.

I might indeed add Macalaure to my voting-list, but I'm afraid it's getting to the frenzy stuff which very rarely brings good results (it has produced them to be sure).
Old 04-03-2007, 02:48 PM   #85
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I don't want to leave this to a last panic. If noone is of the same mind then it fair enough. This is cruel but I would rather hang fire on TGWBS and take my chance - Brinniel we don't have later ...

++ Xyzzy

Old 04-03-2007, 02:52 PM   #86
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

If there is to be a Xyzzy vote, I might consider joining it as the other possibilities look quite problematic.

I might go more likely to Macalaure than tgwbs, but that's a hard decision as I would like to see both of them on our side. Somehow Mac's way of playing this evening has unnerved me. It's too clean and kind of disinterested, too self-securing... the marks of a wolf play.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #87
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right, seems this makes it clear to me. *glances at the clock*

Nogrod, from your last words, I'm gonna close an eye or two... quite daring for a wolf to post something like that... though I think you are very inventive one... but I'm returning to my early suspicion.

++Thinlómien
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:53 PM   #88
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Normally, when someone comes out as a gifted, we don't know if they're telling the truth or not, and all we have is that no one else is saying "No, they're lying- it's really me!" In this game, we don't know if we even have gifted, let alone being able to tell if a "revealed gifted" is lying or not. Remember- we don't have retractable votes this game. There won't be a last minute turn around or sudden random bandwagon. At least, such an occurance is highly unlikely. If someone is feeling pressure, gifted or wolf alike, they would have to do something well before the last minute. A gifted being suspected may choose to not risk waiting it out. At the same time, a wolf may do the same, banking on the fact that the pretended role may not even really exist. Yes, it would be risky for them to do so, but far less risky, since we don't know what we have and what we don't. The wolves may be planning on using that to their advantage, and I wanted to make sure that everyone was aware of it and on the look out.

Gifteds, if they are in this game, will just have to be more clever than that.
While at the surface, it seems Roa is trying to be helpful with this reasoning, I can just as easily see a wolf doing this to confuse people. In my last game, Roa was the cobbler and her comments were not the least bit helpful. This game, we don't even know if we have a cobbler, yet I do not doubt that a werewolf would use Day One to confuse. Roa could be innocent, but right now it is difficult to say. At this time, I am more inclined to think her a possible wolf.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #89
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Yes... I was thinking of him with his instant rejection of teh Xyzzy vote suggestion..of course he may just be a more noble person than me!!!!

Old 04-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #90
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Five votes left. Four if Rikae does not appear from somewhere... Three required for a lynch this far.

Mac anyone?

Or then Xyzzy?

EDIT: X'd with a vote etc...
Old 04-03-2007, 02:55 PM   #91
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Curse you last minuters ..I don't see that Lommy is supiscious and now we may lose her ..gah non retractable votes.... grrrrrrr

Old 04-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #92
Macalaure
Fading Fėanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I did an 'early' tgwbs-vote to get a waggon rolling. Obviously it worked the other way around. I don't care whether I'm suspected or not, but that current vote for Lommy is a shot in the dark which I would like to highly disencourage!
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #93
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sorry; I seem to have had the wrong time in mind as the deadline for some reason.

For reasons previously stated (sorry, I haven't had time to read the last few posts):

++Glirdan
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #94
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

but then ....MacIwouldhave needed to study..one for another day...... out of my hands...for now

Old 04-03-2007, 02:57 PM   #95
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I don't like Lommy going with such futile reasons.

Legate: you should be watched really closely from now on.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:58 PM   #96
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Noggin ...maybe you should save your daughter?

Old 04-03-2007, 02:58 PM   #97
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Six minutes to go...

I already said I would not vote for Glirdan, Lommy, xyzzy, and Sixth and I still plan not to.

If I had more time, I'd put more consideration at tgwbs, whom a lot seem to be suspicious towards. But he's not at the top of my list, so he will have to wait.

Gil is too often suspicious and ends up innocent, so I will not vote him toDay.

That leaves Roa:

++Roa

It probably won't make much of a difference at this point, but for me, she remains the most suspicious.

Last edited by Brinniel; 04-03-2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:59 PM   #98
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Nothing else to do now. Better to shoot at darkness with Glirdy than Lommy.

++ Glirdan

So bad. But we'll see toMorrow (those who see it) how this went and who were involved...
Old 04-03-2007, 02:59 PM   #99
Macalaure
Fading Fėanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Brinn!

Why vote Roa now?
Old 04-03-2007, 03:00 PM   #100
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I guess we got lots to think from these last moments for toMorrow...
Old 04-03-2007, 03:00 PM   #101
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well, if you said earlier, I might have voted for xyzzy. I hope I'm not wrong. The main point is, if nothing else, I stand elliminating one of my suspects. And at least the Lommy voters seem not wolves to me.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #102
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Cop out or conscience of course...time will tell which!

Old 04-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #103
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Whatever we tried to do, rumble still happened
Old 04-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #104
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Day 1 is over. Glirdan has been selected for lynching.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #105
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Because I think tgwbs may be as innocent as Lommy.

And I promised not to vote Glirdan.

EDIT: X-ed with Menel. Sorry...
Old 04-03-2007, 03:13 PM   #106
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

(That's quite alright, Brinniel. )

"Five goats... Six goats... This isn't working... Why couldn't they be sheep..."

"LYNCH HIM!"

Glirdan turned to see an angry mob of villagers coming after him.

"Lynch? What's going on? Why am I being lynched? Where am I? Who are you?" the hermit gibbered.

The villagers grabbed him and hauled him off to the gallows anyway.

When they were halfway there, however, something strange happened. Glirdan threw them off with surprising ease. The villagers looked on in horror as he grew taller and sprouted thick, dark grey fur along with yellowish fangs.

His transformation complete, Glirdan the Werewolf threw back his head and let out a terrifying howl. He charged at the villagers, enraged.

The villagers, fighting for their lives, picked up some large rocks nearby and started throwing them at the charging wolf. Luckily, one of them hit him in the head, knocking him to the ground. The villagers continued to throw rocks until they were sure he was dead.

The villagers started celebrating, as they had killed their first werewolf.

Alive:
Brinniel
Gil-Galad
Legate of Amon Lanc
Macalaure
Mithalwen
Nogrod
Rikae
Roa_Aoife
the guy who be short
The Sixth Wizard
Thinlómien
xyzzy

Dead:
Meneltarmacil (Moderator): Devoured by Wolves on Night 1
Glirdan (Werewolf): Stoned to death by Villagers on Day 1

It is now Night 2.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:03 PM   #107
xyzzy
Haunting Spirit

xyzzy is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Edit: What are you talking about? I didn't accidently discuss the game at night outside the thread at night.

A wizard did it.

Last edited by xyzzy; 04-03-2007 at 06:10 PM.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #108
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Xyzzy, please discuss issues of that sort on the admin thread. It's nighttime here, so players can't post on this thread right now.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:40 PM   #109
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

OK, I'm starting Day 2. Nobody has died. You may begin posting.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:55 PM   #110
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I have a suggestion. I hope you agree with it.

So how about we just make a deal that no one discusses the events of the last Night and uses none of the information s/he might have gained, direct or indirect, as evidence or reason to back up any of her/his views in-game?

The other possibility surely is that we exploit all there is, but I think that would not be wise if we wish to maintain something like a fair play here.

Surely everyone is allowed to make her/his deductions of things that have happened outside the game-thread - I have done a lot myself already. But let us try to not use them as arguments in-game and try to find other ways to make our points about suspicions and feeling easier about people?

Ok?
Old 04-04-2007, 04:16 PM   #111
Macalaure
Fading Fėanorion

Here are a few things I've been thinking about during the night. It doesn't take into account anything that happened around the deadline. It's mainly a look at the votes and a closer look at two suspicious ones.

So...

1. Lommy for Glirdan ~ Suspicious, more beneath.

2. Sixth for Glirdan ~ No way would a wolf have voted like this.

3. Glirdan for Sixth ~ -/-

4. Roa for tgwbs ~ I agree with her reasoning for tgwbs and would call it an innocentish vote, though with Roa you can never be sure.

5. Gil for Lommy ~ What can you say about this? I never know what to do with Gil. I'll leave him to you.

6. tgwbs for Lommy ~ If he's evil, then this vote would have been good move to save Glirdan. His reasoning isn't the best.

7. Mac, that's me, for tgwbs ~ I admit that, if Lommy is evil, then this vote looks really, really ugly.

Now it's Glirdan 2, Lommy 2, tgwbs 2 and the interesting part begins. I rule out the possibility that Glirdan, Lommy and tgwbs are our wolves. Their early Day One behaviour would've been too suicidal. I think it's quite possible that one of the latter two is the second wolf, which gives a high probability that the third wolf (assuming that is their number) was still out there at this time, thinking how he could save Glirdan and the other. Would you vote the innocent one and risk looking bad yourself later, or throw your vote away and hope the best?

8. Mith for Xyzzy ~ This looks like throwing away, but she was encouraging everybody to follow her vote. I think it looks quite innocentish.

9. Legate for Lommy ~ One could look at this as an attempt to save Glirdan, but his suspicions of Lommy seem honest.

10. Rikae for Glirdan ~ No wolvish vote, as it puts Glirdan back into the running.

11. Brinn for Roa ~ Suspicious, more beneath.

12. Nogrod for Glirdan ~ The vote looks good if Lommy is innocent, of course, and if we had a combo of Glirdan-Lommy-Nogrod, then he wouldn't have attacked my vote for tgwbs like he did. I regard his vote as innocentish, though I don't forget that the evil Nogrod has a history of backstabbing his comrades.

On Lommy: Her vote looks too smooth for my liking. I sense some wolf-on-wolf-action here. Lommy had to vote early, and if she's evil she had to put up a vote that would be defendable later on. For both, evil and good Lommy, voting Glirdan was the only real option. Also, it looks like she was voting him while disencouraging everbody else to follow her:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy, on different posts
He is suspicious, but I'm not sure if he's guilty.
He looks quite bad. (Though possibly he looks too bad to be a real baddie. )
I must say that the evidence against him is in a way quite feeble

On Brinniel: Her first post when she returned is a defence of Glirdan (and Lommy!), this especially looks not well:
Quote:
Glirdan: Yes, his behaviour earlier was a bit odd, but too often the ones who seem so obviously suspicious turn out to be innocent.
She then votes Roa, a throwaway vote, especially when there are no retractions. She doesn't want to vote Glirdan and Lommy. She says she doesn't want to vote tgwbs because she has no time and wants to examine him later. Wouldn't it have been better to look at tgwbs now and Roa later, given the vote count? Of course, this is only Brinn's second game, so this is really not definite evidence, but if Lommy xor tgwbs are a wolf, then Brinniel could well be the third.

Conclusion (concerning votes, not overall suspicion):

suspicious ~ Lommy, Brinn

somewhat suspicious ~ tgwbs

unsure ~ Gil, Legate

somewhat innocent ~ Roa, Rikae, Nogrod

innocent ~ Sixth, Mith
Old 04-04-2007, 04:53 PM   #112
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I must both agree and disagree with you Macalaure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
For both, evil and good Lommy, voting Glirdan was the only real option.
I think so too. But things being thus, I can't see it as an argument towards her guilt in any way. You say she discouraged others to follow her way. True in a sense. But that depends on how we interpret her "doubts" about her vote. I must say - had I been in her position - I would have done exactly the same: said that sadly I have to vote now and there are no other sensible candidates to vote but I'm afraid lynching Glirdy on Day1 doesn't normally produce good things.

That said, I wouldn't still say Lommy is an innocent. As I said, as forced to make the decision I wished to shoot in the dark with Glirdy more than Lommy (and miraculously it paid off!), but I hope there will be some light with Lommy toDay. There is too little of anything from her yet to make any balanced decision.

About Brinn I'd say the same thing, yes and no.
Quote:
She then votes Roa, a throwaway vote, especially when there are no retractions. She doesn't want to vote Glirdan and Lommy. She says she doesn't want to vote tgwbs because she has no time and wants to examine him later. Wouldn't it have been better to look at tgwbs now and Roa later, given the vote count?
You're right that her vote for Roa looks pretty weird. Probably too weird as any wolf would know that that kind of voting raises too many eyebrows? But your second point is a bit unfair I'd say. It looks like she was getting into looking at Roa about 15 minutes before the deadline when there still were 6 people who had not voted and two votes were the highest. So the vote count on that moment was not what it was when she voted two minutes before the DL (and honestly: do you think someone could "analyse" tgwbs in less than two minutes?). So I must say that your point looks a bit fabricated.

That said, her decision in the end to vote for Roa is quite odd. Here I do agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
tgwbs for Lommy ~ If he's evil, then this vote would have been good move to save Glirdan. His reasoning isn't the best.
This is a point with which I don't disagree at all! I must say I will be looking tgwbs much more closely toDay. He raised my suspicions yesterDay and this kind of stuff brings me back to suspect him even more. Good point.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:53 PM   #113
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dūm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Well hello fellow Were-wolvers! I am back once again a mere hour past the switch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
I would suggest to not be too strict about my companion in wizardry, the Sixth Wizard. It's not nice to lynch somebody on the first Day of his first game, especially when he's no longer there to defend himself.
Hark! A voice of reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
...Lommy: Voted for the one that was clearly (to my mind at least) the most suspicious-looking at the time of her vote. Were she a wolf she would admittedly have brains to do the same. But lynching on Day1 a player who could be of a big help later just because of that is IMHO very short-sighted. Proposing that is almost lupine...

...Glirdan: I don't like "retaliatory" voting at all and think it's a safe position to the wolves to hide as many tend to "understand" that kind of thing. But in the end - thinking of the cause of the villagers - it's pretty counter-productive as a villager should only try to get the wolves, not to retaliate....

...tgwbs: This I find somewhat suspicious or at least unnerving. He had time to play and took actively part in it but then decided to go for his first suspicion (quite weakly built case - and if one thinks of it - not an obvious choise of an innocent villager). Sad to say, but in the last game he was voting in a similar-feeling detached manner. I suspected him of that then and he turned out to be a wolf. . .
Speaking of shorty , we should probably now suspect those who were kinda agreeing with Glirdan. Reading back over the posts:

I don't think Thinlomien was using some wolf kill wolf strategy. I think that might just be a bit too open on the first day. Just my opinion.

TGWBS was suspicious against Lommy and Lommy was anti-Glirdan. Plus he was suspicious about me! (the nerve ) He then has a go at Mac, and Roa (innocents I think), and proceeds to vote for Lommy. I am pretty sure he's a werewolf, myself.

Legate probably not. But he does say TGWBS is honest, which I am sure he is not.

Gil-galad voted for Lommy but I don't think he's a werewolf.

Mithalwen seems to be one of the good guys. So's Roa.

Brinniel: I think this might be our wolf. In a vote for Roa maybe she's trying to take some of the heat off Glirdan. That's not very concealed, but it's her second game...

Nogrod, good guys. Rather a voice of reason. Gifted?

As you can see I am a great Thinlomien supporter I'm afraid.

So my opinions are that TGWBS, Legate(?) and Brin are the most likely in my mind to be werewolves at this stage in the game.
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #114
xyzzy
Haunting Spirit

xyzzy is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
...I'm startlingly confused.

So, TGWBS sounds dangerous. Who's Lommy? Is that the Thin-something-or-another-with-non-English-characters-thrown-in guy? Wow, I'm confused...

I think I'll probably vote for TGWBS, another individual with whom I'm not familiar, but not immediately, in case something new comes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sixth Wizard
Gil-galad voted for Lommy but I don't think he's a werewolf.
Which one - GG or Lommy?
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:26 PM   #115
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dūm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Sorry, Lommy = Thinlomien and I meant Gil-Galad
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:06 PM   #116
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

After voting Roa yesterday, I ended up kicking myself...hard. Yes, she was the most suspicious for me at the time, but after I posted, I realized how dumb and suspicious I was making myself look with a throwaway vote. My second choice probably would've been to vote Glirdan, and while I still thought him innocent then, I would've rather had him lynched than possibly innocent Lommy and tgwbs, who both could be very helpful if they are on our side. Yet, I already said I wouldn't vote Glirdan and I don't like changing my word without a good enough reason.

When I first started ww, I thought I'd be so good at sniffing out the wolves...how wrong I was. Glirdan reminded me of Manwe from the last game, who turned out innocent. I honestly did not think a werewolf would act so obviously suspicious. Apparently, I'm quite terrible at this...

Anyways, the lynching of a werewolf Glirdan, has indeed helped me come up with some thoughts:

Mac stated this early on in response to Legate:
Quote:
There are more stupid wolves than one might think
His comment points out that there are in fact wolves who do put out an odd behaviour and act suspicious. At a time when Glirdan was acting so obviously suspicious, I don't think a fellow wolf would point that out. This makes Mac seem more innocent to me.

Lommy was the first to vote for Glirdan, not followed long after by Sixth. While both had no choice but to vote earlier on, I do not think either would pull a wolf on wolf vote so early in the game when no one else has even voted. I feel pretty sure both are innocent. Of course, I've been pretty off so far, so who knows...

Yesterday, I felt pretty suspicious about Roa, but now I know that Glirdan was a werewolf, I think my suspicions were quite misguided. Early on, there was a misunderstanding between the two where Glirdan jumps on Roa, and Roa retaliates. Now, of course misunderstandings can happen between wolves, most certainly to misguide us innocents, but I do not think they would attempt this within the first few posts of Day One. Glirdan's attitude towards Roa and vice versa makes me think her much less suspicious than before, and unless something dramatically changes toDay, I do not think I will vote for her again for now.

Later, I will go back and look through yesterDay's posts and look for suspicious players.

Well, we're down one wolf...two more to go? Ah..that's the difficult thing about these mystery roles. Boy, will we be lucky if we catch another toDay. Already, I see the suspicions towards me coming, and so in my defense, I will honestly state that Day One was a completely misguided Day for me. Do not take my stupidity and poor judgements for werewolfery. And hopefully toDay I will be slightly (or rather, a lot) more accurate in figuring out who the werewolf might be...
Old 04-04-2007, 06:27 PM   #117
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
We got one!
What was that you were saying last night, Legate? ...

Since we have no kill today, I'm assuming the wolves' intended victim was protected? Kudos to our ranger - nice work!

I still find TGWBS suspicious, as I did yesterday. His vote tying Lommy with Were-Glirdan only makes him look worse, but more suspicious still is Brinniel, who starts off day one by posting an 'empty' post (not necessarily suspicious, as I've pointed out); promises not to vote for a wolf (along with a passel of others), and when the lynchee is definitely Glirdan, she posts this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
Because I think tgwbs may be as innocent as Lommy.
And I promised not to vote Glirdan.
EDIT: X-ed with Menel. Sorry...
What? As innocent as Lommy? I don't find Lommy especially suspicious, but we certainly don't know she's innocent...(perhaps Brinniel does?); and, now that the jig is up, she won't say she thinks Glirdan is innocent, no, certainly not "as innocent as Lommy" or "innocent as TBWBS"! Only that she promised not to vote for him.

I'm inclined to think Sixth and Nogrod are innocent because of their votes yesterday.

EDIT: x'd with Brinniel.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:43 PM   #118
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, I made it. Since 4 of the 13 villagers (by my count) voted Glirdan, I wonder if a wolf might not be hiding among them in a safe spot. I'm going to do an analysis on them, and if I have time, I'll be back with more.

IN the mean time, here's a list of who thought Glirdan was innocent, who expressed suspicion of him (not necessarily voting for him), and who ignored him all together:

Unsure/Innocent
Rikae
Thinlomien
Brinniel
Mith

Suspicion
Roa
Sitxh Wizard
Mac
Nogrod

Not mentioned
TGWBS
Gil
Xyzzy

Mentioned only
Legate

Back soon, hopefully.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:57 PM   #119
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Glirdan Voters-
Lommy, 1st vote, put Glirdan in running
Sixth Wizard, 2nd vote, gave him a definite lead
Rikae, 3rd vote, put Glirdan in lead again
Nogrod, 4th vote, changed no positions

Strictly by placement of the votes, Sixth looks most innocent (especially given Glirdan's reaction), followed by Rikae, then Lommy. Nogrod's vote doesn't make him suspicious, per se, but it doesn't clear him either, especially, since, as a wolf, he would be doing the safest possible thing he could do. So, I'll start with him and the move backward in my suspicion list, finishing with Sixth. *buckles in for a long ride* I'll be back shortly.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:11 PM   #120
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
my longest WW post...ever...

time for my math to come in now...

1. Lommy for Glirdan

2. Sixth for Glirdan

3. Glirdan for Sixth

4. Roa for tgwbs

5. Gil for Lommy

6. tgwbs for Lommy

7. Mac for tgwbs

8. Mith for Xyzzy

9. Legate for Lommy

10. Rikae for Glirdan

11. Brinn for Roa

12. Nogrod for Glirdan

Lommy, sixth, nogrod and rikae are the only ones to have voted for Glirdan, so by following the math, they obviously tend to be the more innocent ones then. what bugs me the most about yesterday is the irractic voting from alot of people, usually bandwagons spring up.

Mithalwen and Brinniel both voted for somebody that was not really under specualtion, it could be that they were confused vilalgers not knowing who exactly to vote for or desperate wolves trying to waste votes...

another thing that bugs me today, is Macalaures post, is it a conicendence that your inncoent list contains Mith and Sixth, which if i do math again, included your self will equal the remaining wolves? (i'm uncertain right now of how many wolves we have in the vilalge, is it three or four?) if it is indeed only 3 wolves then i will proabaly let this accusation slide. but if it is four then that would explain for sixth, trying to be sneaky on his first time. also, Glirdan vote for sixth, as a safety thing, would then draw suspicion off of Sixth who may be a wolf

in conclusion, here is my list... which i stole from mac's post

suspicious ~ Lommy, sixth

somewhat suspicious ~ Mithalwen, Macalaure

unsure ~ Tgwbs, Legate,

somewhat innocent ~ Roa, Rikae, Nogrod, Xyzzy

also, Glirdan vote for sixth, as a safety thing, would then draw suspicion off of Sixth who may be a wolf. i can't beleive i almsot forgot this, but it makes os much sense.

Glirdan = wolf

Glirdan voted for sixth after he himself received 2 votes, so he could try and save a fellow wolf by voting for them, thus drawing any suspicion off of sixth.

Sixth = wolf?

still to be determined, but i'm fairly certain my vote will be on Sixth... i don't like that tricky buisness glirdan has left behind for us to do...