The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2017, 06:38 AM   #121
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
True. We don't necessarily know who's evil but let's be honest if the wolves are manipulating the "good evil reveal" lists they can easily put all the baddies up top as empowerment contenders. I'm not entirely sure why they haven't mentioned it(full disclosure I haven't read the living thread since yesterday.)

There are what? 5 of us here? Pervinca is gone that leaves ten with four baddies and one in reserve. I forget if Kuru confirmed that the EW number wise counts for innocent.

They're either at 7/3 or 6/4 getting a wolf and having one resurrected or added only gives them 6/3 or 5/4.

I'm just not sure a reveal will help them. I think it's safe to say we're all prey. I realize there's no guarantee of that.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:52 AM   #122
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Yep. I am ordo. I mean I assume they wluld have told me if I were a visitor.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:06 AM   #123
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

So much chatting while I was asleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Was there a clarification about whether the village will know who was empowered or] not if that person doesn't vote?
There wasn't, but the empowered person is always called out whether they vote or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Yep. I am ordo. I mean I assume they wluld have told me if I were a visitor.
It depends on which Visitor you are. The Visitor Who Leaves comes immediately to the Dead Thread at the end of the NIGHT phase. But the odds are that there would be two people missing from the Living Thread the next DAY giving some indication as to what happened...unless there was a Ranger save.

The Visitor Who Dies isn't told anything until they are resurrected to the Living Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
I forget if Kuru confirmed that the EW number wise counts for innocent.
The Evil Wizard counts for the Evil Team.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:06 AM   #124
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
So yeah, They're at 6/4

So today is do or die. If they get a wolf and EW makes a new one and the night kill is successful that's actually.... that's game isn't it?

6/3 wolf lynched
5/4 wolf made
4/4 Night kill.

If I'm doing the math right pretty much the baddies have already won. Unless there's a ranger save.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:42 AM   #125
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh no. Don't tell me I mighg have to go back? Oh noooo.. oh well I can tell them they are screwed less obliquely.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:02 AM   #126
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

If I were a visitor then it might indicate someone who knows me pretty well being the Good Wizard... which is encouraging. I need to have a look back with this in mind. Reminds me of this sketch.
https://youtu.be/nKzaHilb7Vc

I'm not a wizard, I am not the ranger, pretty sure I am not the Secretary of the Eriador Dragon, Balrog and other Winged Creature Preservation Society...

Old 07-17-2017, 09:19 AM   #127
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
If I were a visitor then it might indicate someone who knows me pretty well being the Good Wizard... which is encouraging. I need to have a look back with this in mind. Reminds me of this sketch.
https://youtu.be/nKzaHilb7Vc

I'm not a wizard, I am not the ranger, pretty sure I am not the Secretary of the Eriador Dragon, Balrog and other Winged Creature Preservation Society...
Can't watch the video "in my country". At this point, the best a Visitor could do is confirm mine and Lottie's innocence anyway.

I'm still looking to see if they've updated their preference on our empowerment.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:27 AM   #128
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh it is a couple of executives on a plane and one asks the other what he does and he says he hasn't a clue - he just flies around the world having meetings with other men who look like him so they try to work it out "I am not a baker or I'd have one of those hats, I am not prime minister, a chocolatier, a special needs class room assistant and I am fairly sure I am not secretary of the Scottish Country Dance Association." and so on. Funnier than that sounds. Armstrong and Miller "What do I do?"

Old 07-17-2017, 09:29 AM   #129
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Looks like they swapped Steve and Nog, but didn't touch the Prey section, so our options haven't actually changed.

I'm getting worried about Legate and Nog as packmates. Nog worries me in general, but looking at Legate's attitude towards him, I could see him as a wolf laying down baseline suspicion, but then pulling out of the vote at the last minute to throw off the numbers...

I do think Eomer and Nerwen's analysis of the narration makes sense. It's been nice having you, Mith, if you do turn out to be the Visitor Who Leaves.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:35 AM   #130
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Just in case Should we collate a list of things we would like to say to them? I assume the Visitor should not read the dead thread while they are revenant.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:39 AM   #131
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Just in case Should we collate a list of things we would like to say to them? I assume the Visitor should not read the dead thread while they are revenant.
I don't think they can read this thread after they return, til they expire permanently.

I can't think of anything useful I could tell them.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:39 AM   #132
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
There's just not that much to tell them yet...Zil and I are innocent, we are assuming the Night kills are but haven't checked them, and we think a whole host of you living are shady. Not actually that helpful.

What we really need is a good Weeeeezard's Dueeeeel. Knowing who the EW is would allow us to speculate on who they would pick as wolves. But Wizards will do what Wizards will do.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:18 AM   #133
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh that I can manage... I was thinking we might want to tell them their mother was a hamster and their father smelt of elderberries...
Anyway it might not happen. I think it is more fun here anyway. They are interested in the buzzing. Kuru did something with itching last time...

Old 07-17-2017, 11:21 AM   #134
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Oh that I can manage... I was thinking we might want to tell them their mother was a hamster and their father smelt of elderberries...
I mean, I am not opposed to this message!
Old 07-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #135
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

And that we don't want their stupid plan because we have already got one and it is vairy naice.

Basically we want them to build a large wooden badger AND give us a shrubbery. But it better be a nice one.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:33 AM   #136
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Fun fact. I have Jury Duty. And I'm doing WW while at Jury Duty. Very Meta.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:35 AM   #137
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Basically we want them to build a large wooden badger AND give us a shrubbery. But it better be a nice one.
If it isn't a nice wooden badger why even build a wooden badger like do they not understand the point of Building A Wooden Badger. Those Living.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #138
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Fun fact. I have Jury Duty. And I'm doing WW while at Jury Duty. Very Meta.
Oh wow that's fitting
Old 07-17-2017, 11:39 AM   #139
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Also I know we're not 100% on Nerwen, but since she's already voted for Nog, who I personally highly suspect, and is in the Lottie is Prey group, I would not be opposed to empowering her toDay.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:50 AM   #140
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think that's a good idea.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #141
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Also I know we're not 100% on Nerwen, but since she's already voted for Nog, who I personally highly suspect, and is in the Lottie is Prey group, I would not be opposed to empowering her toDay.
If we must.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:46 PM   #142
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lol.

I think revealing the EW is the most important thing right now. And a ranger save
Old 07-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #143
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

A hunter taking out a baddie would work too I suppose because that doesn't necessarily change the numbers.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:51 PM   #144
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Yeah I thought Nog's insisting that it wasn't as dire as Nerwen made it seem was a little suspicious. Of everyone, Nog should have realized that it could well be end game already.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:08 PM   #145
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Thing is there are a lot of role in this game and they are actively chosen rather than randomly allocated and it is inconceivable that a player like Nerwen who is very cool under pressure and grasps strategy wouldn't be a wizard choice if she isn't a wizard, so I hope she is on our side. I rather hope an innocent Nogrod wouldn't have wasted so much time yesterday.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:18 PM   #146
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Thing is there are a lot of role in this game and they are actively chosen rather than randomly allocated and it is inconceivable that a player like Nerwen who is very cool under pressure and grasps strategy wouldn't be a wizard choice if she isn't a wizard, so I hope she is on our side. I rather hope an innocent Nogrod wouldn't have wasted so much time yesterday.
And she hasn't attracted very much attention thus far. She could even be a possible Wizard, of either flavor. But if she was chosen by a wizard, I would believe her as a Gifted just as easily as I would believe her to be a wolf, so I'm not sure what to do with her.

It may also be the case that Nerwen was too tempting a target, and both Wizards left her alone because they both assumed the other would have gotten there first. But that's just speculation.

Another question that might be worth asking is, if Mith is a Visitor, who did the wolves try (and fail) to kill last Night? Either the Ranger and EW targeted the same person or that the EW hit upon the GW, in which case, we might be close to the EW knowing who the GW is. I don't know that the EW would call the Duel yet, though, not without losing a wolf first (and therefore being able to use their final wolf pick).
Old 07-17-2017, 02:17 PM   #147
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Wow, slow day.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:20 PM   #148
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Wow, slow day.
Really. Have the innocents lost the will to live?
Old 07-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #149
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Really. Have the innocents lost the will to live?
The Dead are more lively by far. The silence is...disheartening,
Old 07-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #150
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
The Dead are more lively by far. The silence is...disheartening,
The Living are dying to come here.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #151
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Just reading through and have horrible thought that Boro is a wolf. IIRC he tends to give a clue to his role in his opening post and he says he feels denned up. And I am not sure that the deathwish is a contraindicator. He likes doing his own thing,

Old 07-17-2017, 02:33 PM   #152
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Just reading through and have horrible thought that Boro is a wolf. IIRC he tends to give a clue to his role in his opening post and he says he feels denned up. And I am not sure that the deathwish is a contraindicator. He likes doing his own thing,
In that case, his deathwish Day One could point to Nerwen as EW, for the same reason it pointed to me. And he would have then backed off later because he'd had a chance to build trails to his packmates and the EW, so there's now a risk associated with his role being revealed. I'm worried about that, too.

Last edited by Loslote; 07-17-2017 at 02:33 PM. Reason: deathwise -> deathwish
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:58 PM   #153
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
In that case, his deathwish Day One could point to Nerwen as EW, for the same reason it pointed to me. And he would have then backed off later because he'd had a chance to build trails to his packmates and the EW, so there's now a risk associated with his role being revealed. I'm worried about that, too.
If that's the case, and if they don't alter the Empowerment plan further toDay, how does that affect out vote?
Old 07-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #154
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm still ok with empowering Nerwen.

Frankly I'm crunching the numbers and I only see getting the EW Revealed as the only strategy because it throws the numbers off.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:09 PM   #155
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Is Shasta an alternative? Has he posted.. I know he has been ill. I recall his judgement saved the day the last time I played. But there could be a lot of wolves active now

Old 07-17-2017, 03:16 PM   #156
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
If that's the case, and if they don't alter the Empowerment plan further toDay, how does that affect out vote?
Quote:
Is Shasta an alternative? Has he posted.. I know he has been ill. I recall his judgement saved the day the last time I played. But there could be a lot of wolves active now
Shasta said he might vote for Legate. I'm certainly wary of Legate, but I think I'm more suspicious of Nog. I don't know that anyone has talked much about Nerwen or Boro toDay as a voting option, so we may have to stick to the options in front of us, that is, Nog and maybe Legate.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:17 PM   #157
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I'm still ok with empowering Nerwen.

Frankly I'm crunching the numbers and I only see getting the EW Revealed as the only strategy because it throws the numbers off.
I'm really crossing my fingers that the GW can scry the EW and call the Duel...I'd prefer getting rid of the EW to getting another Visitor, if it comes down to that, and I agree that the EW needs to go asap.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:22 PM   #158
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
1. Why,why, WHY did Nogs throw in what looked like a 'wasted' vote for Eonwe after deadline when his own neck was on the line along with that of Lottie and Boro?
2. Is there any possible way Eonwe and Nogs could be on the same side?
3. Why do both Nerwen and Eomer trust Eonwe' innocence so much?
4. Why are Sally and Shasta so damn quiet?
5. Wouldn't Brinn have been a great candidate for wolf conversion?
6. Am I being real airhead by vaguely trusting Nerwen and Legate to be innocents?
7. How has Boro survived this long?
Bet you the pack is Lal, Nerwen, Legate and Nog. Here Lal is trying to suggest that Nerwen and Legate are, and probably should be, presumed innocent, and also trying to tie together Nog and Steve, probably assuming that Nog is lost and hoping to get people thinking that Steve is the packmate rather than herself, Nerwen, and Legate - who pulled back at the last minute yesterDay and saved him.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:23 PM   #159
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Shasta said he might vote for Legate. I'm certainly wary of Legate, but I think I'm more suspicious of Nog. I don't know that anyone has talked much about Nerwen or Boro toDay as a voting option, so we may have to stick to the options in front of us, that is, Nog and maybe Legate.
Oh I meant as empowerment vote rather than Nerwen to indicate your status.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:24 PM   #160
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Bet you the pack is Lal, Nerwen, Legate and Nog. Here Lal is trying to suggest that Nerwen and Legate are, and probably should be, presumed innocent, and also trying to tie together Nog and Steve, probably assuming that Nog is lost and hoping to get people thinking that Steve is the packmate rather than herself, Nerwen, and Legate - who pulled back at the last minute yesterDay and saved him.
Further speculation, I think Lal was the most recent convert. I bet Nerwen is EW, Legate was first pick, and Nog was second. If I'm right, I expect my grave to be *littered* in flowers, people.