The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-01-2007, 08:26 AM   #241
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I have a few minutes before school.

To what Lommy said:
I was under the impression that the golden dagger guy was the hunter with a twist; most likely Boro. One reason is that list of three names he made before going out to kill Celuien; the other is the fact that he picked Celuien to kill. We know Boro suspected her.

That means we have two other secret roles. I think you're right that one would be on the side of the wolves; Boro's could either harm or help the village, so I'm guessing the third is an information-gathering role; possibly some kind of weaver?

I see Durelin voted for me, which makes her look less innocent; her attacks were based largely on misinterpretations of my posts or merely on the fact that I asked questions about the wolf-kills. Her case against me doesn't seem logical, and she still sticks to it.

Morm, if you're referring to my "I heard that" comment, it was a reference to the last game we played together, as well as to a TV show (apparently no one's seen). The implication was that you were alluding to me and my "floodposting". At any rate, it isn't just that you're posts have been few; it's that you aren't stirring up controversy the way I've seen you do in the past.

I'll be back after school to catch up.I'll cast a vote now, but could very well change it at the end of the day.

++Mormegil

EDIT: Crossed with Ang, Gil and Lal.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:33 AM   #242
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Rikae, while I still think this is a side issue, the villager with the quill and the villager with the dagger were definitely different people in the narration.

If you ask me, we have:

Hunter of some kind, involving a list -voila, Boro
Knife-wielding maniac, may or may not have just one kill
And a Cobbleresque nasty, who I personally suspect is Thinlomien, purely because she keeps talking about these issues and leaving less time for wolf-hunting.

Why I'm bothering with this is to emphasise my conviction that we have no Seer, Weaver or information gathering role. We really are on our own, I think, boys and girls.

Now to the votes...
Old 02-01-2007, 08:35 AM   #243
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
OK, I went back and reread the narration and you're right, Ang.
Wishful thinking on my part, I guess.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:21 AM   #244
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Something else I've observed in my catch up reading is I'm in agreement with Firefoot (I believe it was her) about Lommy. She seems too happy. I feel a sense of over confidence there with her. It's almost as if she really doesn't care what happens during the day because she's not going to die. This is s common wolf mistake and Nogrod discovered me thusly once. Lommy is simply too confident!
Old 02-01-2007, 09:25 AM   #245
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
some thoughts

As such I do not have any great theory. . .so everything is as it normaly is, but after a lot of reading and dividing people in to groups I have come up with some names of people that makes me un-easy.

Durelin
Mithlawen
Gil-Galad

Durelin:
Has seemed very eager to throw accusations around and at times pursuing a cause, even if it is the smallest of things. I am of course talking about when she got very caught up about Rikae's appology. It is alright that she felt that it was weird and started to think about it, but she pursued it as if it was a thing that would naturally reveal a wolf. I have always found "clinging to straws" to be very suspicouse and that is what I think Durelin did in this case, it has to be mentioned that there were more to her case, but she seemed to forget about that as soon as Rikae tried to explain her self.

Mithlawen: Is a person I have hughe doubts about, she is on my "feel good list" but I have no explaination for it. Reading through her posts has not provided me with an answer, in fact she has often left me confused after reading one of her posts. The one thing that speaks for her innocens in my view is her confusion over the roles, it was very convinsing and did not seem like an act from a wolf.

Gil-Galad: It is as I said before: Gil seemed like he wanted to survive, although his latest post was kind of weird. Anyways, before that post he has acted somewhat different from the innocent Gil that I have expirienced before. It is not much of a case, but enought for me to consider voting for him.

oh yeah and then there is Firefoot I really don't have a case at all against her, I just get a weird feel when reading over her posts. I suppose it is her case against Rikae, I don't really agree with most of what she says and that might me un-easy about her. She is however not likely to attract my vote today, as I feel a lot stronger about the others and this is just a small "weirdness"

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:30 AM   #246
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
For today, Lalwende, Anguirel, and mormegil all look pretty innocent to me. And I see no reason to vote for one of them. I feel pretty safe about Eomer so far as well.

I am particularly suspicious of Mithalwen and Firefoot who have been pretty quick to butter-up to me. Firefoot wanted me lynched, than suddenly changed and unconditionally accepted me as the hunter. Kind of odd, it came off to me as 'Oh you're the hunter. I'm sorry, time to change.' I would hope all the innocents can trust me, but I know that's virtually going to be impossible until some sort of proof can be provided. Therefore, those who are willing to trust me and yet approach with a bit of cautiousness (Lal, Rikae, anyone else I've missed?) Seem to me to be innocent.

Mithalwen I think looks worse than Firefoot, I really can't explain this outright staunch defense of me. It would be a bad thing for me to be lynched, but she was staunchly at my side even before I revealed I was the hunter. Looks like a wolf that's trying to get connected to an innocent. I believe it was Ang who said that Mith brought in this 'air of freshness.' One which at the time I agreed with, but that 'air of freshness' can be a dangerous weapon for a wolf; who can look fair but really be foul.

I'll be back to weigh in on everyone else (as I've kind of left those that I don't understand at this point). I will say Thinlo, there's no more need for us to dwell on the golden dagger, let us do our job, hopefully it will be good...if not than we have failed. But in the mean time let's do the job at hand, which is lynch wolves.

edit: x-posted with morm and Rune
Old 02-01-2007, 09:57 AM   #247
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
As the day has progressed I've found I'm now looking at Farael, Firefoot, Gil, Mithalwen and Mormegil. That Gil voted for Farael only adds to my suspicions as that would be a perfect cover-up following my ruminations. Plus I'm getting much more trust in what Boro says and he was the one laid out by Gil originally. Gil also went after Mac right at the beginning which adds up.

Perhaps the reason Farael went after Lommy is because either he or Lommy is one of those who simply cannot be a baddie - not all of the people I've identified as suspicious can be baddies, statistically speaking. Or perhaps the plot really is that baroque and it is indeed a smokescreen to hide them being in cahoots? I have the feeling that one of them might cop for it from the village because this is all so fishy.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:32 AM   #248
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Even though it seems like there would be a greater chance of getting Mith lynched than any other of my "suspects", I still find Durelin more suspicouse and will vote for her.

I will leave in 20 min. and not able to change my vote after that time, so unless something comes up that is how my vote will stay.

++Durelin

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:51 AM   #249
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Huh, turns out I missed Firefoot off my list of villagers earlier, so my apologies to her. She's on the 'can't get a feel on her' part of the list so I'll be taking a look at her too.

These aren't going to be in depth analyses by the way. I've decided to take a break from doing those because I'm doing far too many of them in RL!

Durelin
Nonsensical first post. Suspicion of Firefoot and Gil, think Volo and Boro innocent. Votes Gil even though she seems more suspicious of Gil. Refuses to protect Boro by lynching Volo since she's not suspicious of him, principles are good I guess. Now seems to be developing some suspicion of Volo, and thinks Rikae and Firefoot are wolves - no reason though.

Rikae
No actual decision over roles of either Mac or Lommy. Bit odd for a first post, most people just shout a suspicion and go. Talks a lot about the roles, but so did everyone at the time. Nothing very concrete, and seems to contradict herself a bit. Could be wolvish nerves showing through. Seems to have calmed down a bit, answering accusation with reason. Thinks Ang suspicious for jumping on the Boro-Cel argument, but then she did it too. Changes vote from Ang to Volo at the last minute as a revenge vote I think. It's sort of a fair point, no one likes to be insulted, but it isn't a great basis for a vote.

Eomer
Says very little. Mentions people as having good thoughts but immediately refutes any idea of trust. Looks at the theories of others, wants Volo lynched. I'm inclined to think this innocent as this is the way he normally plays. Suspicion of Firefoot for much the same reasons as I have. Wants Mac lynched (reasons?!?) and Boro to stay alive. Some mild defence of Volo, quite a flip flop there. Votes Volo (again flips, though apparently this is to protect Boro) and suspects Firefoot and Lommy (not sure where the latter suspicion came from).

Ang
Thinks Boro innocent with reason. Again says Boro is innocent, why keep reiterating it? Talks about what others think, not many original ideas. And again defends Boro. Jumps on Volo for being suspicious, but then, he was. Some ideas coming through now, and votes Volo for what at the time seemed good reason. Tries to get Gil and Firefoot to change their votes (he really was convinced of Boro's innocence, even before the revelation) and says if he can't get Volo lynched he'll move to Mac. Not a fan of that as if you vote for someone you should really believe them guilty and not be so happy to switch. Mentions morm is a little quieter and more bloodthirsty than usual. Guess I wasn't the only one to think so. Looks for Eomer's advice. Thought to change from Volo to Mac but would only do it if Eomer did. Why the 'trust' in Eomer? Considers that Volo and Mac are both wolvish and tries to rat Mac out by getting people to vote Volo. Wrong on both accounts in the end but it was a fair theory. Wandering about all over the place - lynch or no lynch. Actually pretty innocent behaviour. Changes from Volo to Gil after Firefoot votes Volo - bit suspicious as Volo's fate was pretty much sealed by Firefoot so changing meant there was still a good chance Volo would be lynched even if he changed.

Firefoot
First poster though that needn't mean anything. Mentioned Lommy and Mac but that's probably just random Day 1 suspicion. Bit defensive actually, demanding that no one trust anyone. Yes fair point, but the style feels off. Suspicion of Gil and Boro and votes Boro for his words being too 'set up'. I think she's giving Boro too little credit, or trying to set him up herself. Changes from Boro to Volo, says she's not doing this to jump on the bandwagon, but she is so that makes no sense. Tones down the defensiveness and suspects Farael a bit, but makes some very odd points about the Hunter. Says it would be silly for the wolves to leave the Hunter alive, whereas to me it would seem silly if they didn't. If Boro can take a wolf out if they try to kill him they're probably not about to try.

Rune <-- turns out I forgot him too, doing well toDay.
Mentions Mac and Gil. Mention of Mac odd as just carrying on from what others said. Role talk but as I said before, pretty normal right then. Not defensive, answers anything thrown at him calmly. Pretty pessimistic too. In fact he is very calm, is this normal behaviour for Rune? I can't recall. He strikes me as someone who would react more. Is this indicative of some kind of role? Suddenly goes defensive but I think almost out of defeat than anything else as he didn't want to suspect Mac and now, apparently, he must. Some suspicion of Farael for being 'sure', but Farael always is. Votes Mac though there's not much of a reason.

Well, from that I think Durelin and Ang are probably innocent. I was forcing myself to find suspicious things in Ang's posts and though I found some things that probably could be wolvish I don't think he is. Firefoot and Eomer I'm finding quite suspicious as they don't really have reasons for a lot of things which from Firefoot especially does look odd. Rune and Rikae flip flop so much I'm not sure what to make of them.

I'll wait a while on voting. I want to see more of what everyone says, and I still want to keep an eye on morm for a bit. He isn't hitting my radar and it's worrying me.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:55 AM   #250
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Actually no I am going to vote just in case.

++ FIREFOOT

For being overly defensive and switching when that was mentioned, and for the bandwagon thing mostly. Basically what I said in the other post.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:07 AM   #251
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well it is kind of flattering to be suspected .... and Boro ... next time I won't bother to defend you and you can getted lynched as an innocent Day one again.... If I were a wolf I would have been only too pleased to get rid of you - and you and Morm would have been lucky to survive the night.

I felt, on the basis of other situations that you were innocent and tried to stop and innocent getting killd ... so lynch me but I am not a wolf ... if I were I would have played like Volo or Lalwende ..... ie wild or uber cautious.

Anyway I am going to catch up.

But I want to see if there are any clues to what circumstances let the the surviving rangers PM. That would be a help ...I don't suppose the loss of Naria would be enough.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:14 AM   #252
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
[QUOTE=Lalwendë]I, is this a turnaround strategy from Mithalwen after I mentioned late on Day One that her vociferous support of Boro was very noticeable? Now I did suspect that something was very fishy indeed about this. It was so upfront that it went beyond bluffing. I suspected that Mithalwen could have been one of the Rangers at first, defending Boro (which made me feel at ease last Night because I'm still not onboard with that anti-Boro bandwagon), but now I am beginning to think that Mithalwen may be some kind of Cobbler? That would not necessarily mean Boro was a Wolf, but Mithalwen might think he is?
QUOTE]
This makes no sense to me.
What do you mean about the rangers? They defend at night not during the day! It would make sense if you thought I were a Seer....

It wasn't a bluff but it was a sincere belief based on experience rather than empirical fact.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:35 AM   #253
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Time for the scores on the doors:

Farael -> Lommy (Lommy 1)
Durelin -> Rikae (Lommy 1, Rikae 1)
Gil-galad -> Farael (Lommy 1, Rikae 1, Farael 1)
Rikae -> Mormegil (Lommy 1, Rikae 1, Farael 1, Morm 1)
Rune -> Durelin (Lommy 1, Rikae 1, Farael 1, Morm 1, Durelin 1)
Kath -> Firefoot (Lommy 1, Rikae 1, Farael 1, Morm 1, Durelin 1, Firefoot 1)

With votes still to come from: Lommy, Boro, Mith, Ang, Morm, Eomer, Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
This makes no sense to me.
What do you mean about the rangers? They defend at night not during the day! It would make sense if you thought I were a Seer....
Wouldn't a ranger defend during the day someone that they were going to defend in the night? Sorry if I've not grasped the concept of that yet, but I'd have thought that's what would happen? Or am I getting Rangers mixed up with Cobblers? I don't know.

It was a very noticeable defence though. Yes someone may defend based on pure gut feelings/experience but one thing I have noticed is that a vociferous defence never goes unheeded - Boro and Mac already picked up on some quite mild defences I staged early on.

There's just something about that Volo campaign...
Old 02-01-2007, 11:46 AM   #254
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

My friend is dragging me off to a talk on the underworld in Malta, or something of the kind, so I will vote early, probably sevenish.

I intend to examine the motives behind every vote cast yesterday.

1. morm for Rune
I did find this odd behaviour, even by morm's standards. He claimed it was business as usual, which it isn't, really. But I'm not seriously nettled by this impetuosity. Days have to start somewhere.

2. Gil for Boro
Based on Boro's suspicion, apparently in earnest, for Celuien. A wilful vote at an early stage, but not out of the ordinary for Gil.

3. Roa for Gil
A simple riposte.

4. Lommy for Durelin
Because of the latter's "nonsense". They've formed something of an alliance since.

5. Firefoot for Boro
Made Boro's lynching a real possibility. Her other candidate was Gil - who had voted for Boro! Seems lackadaisical, or maybe sinister. Divide and rule?

6. Rikae for Anguirel
Rather an inconspicuous vote, I suppose. Nothing much else against it, though she was quick to judge...

7. Kath for Boro
I say this with regret, as she's just posted very sensibly, I think, but this was a dangerous-looking vote, tearing Boro far into the lead. I would be very surprised if Kath and Firefoot were both wolves, but one might very well be.

8. Celuien for Naria
Pretty inconsequential now

9. Farael for Lommy
I forget who remarked that Farael was a parody of himself, but it was an astute comment. Kind of the opposite of morm, who claims to be deliberately pursuing an unusual strategy. His extension of his theory to Volo was bizarre and rather fickle. I think we may have the Cobbler-Thingy here.

10. Volo for Durelin
Based, I think, on quietness.

11. Rune for Mac
Revenge vote which made Mac drop his case. I don't think a wolf-Rune would have wanted to kill Mac soon after winning him over, but that may be a dangerous assumption.

12. Anguirel for Volo
An ill-thought out act. When faced with action or patience, I am inclined to choose the former (see later...). I think I allowed myself to be caught in a duel here.

13. Farael for Volo
As I said before, pretty strange, almost hyperactive.

14. Lalwende for Gil
Interesting that this was to spark a second bandwagon. I think Lal probably thought of it as something of a throwaway vote, as the Volo/Boro war was starting to be on the cards. I am vaguely suspicious of Lal.

15. Mac for Celuien
I'm going to start passing over the votes of the dead, actually.

16. Eomer for Volo
Helps Boro (who no one yet knew was a Hunter). Has similar forebodings to me about doing so, which was why I was interested in his thought-processes. With hindsight, this vote seals the two-horse race, and so is a bit worrying.

17. morm for Volo
Looks like genuine suspicion here to me, actually.

Some dead votes and then Boro revealed himself. The trend veered relentlessly towards Volo thereafter:

21. Boro for Volo
Self-preservation.

22. Mith for Volo
After sort of asking for my go-ahead. I consented, since I was in crackpot theory mode. I don't suspect Mith yet.

23. Durelin for Gil
Sort of a "rugged individualist declares the herd wrong" vote. She picked a quite credible bandwagon, though. She wanted Gil, not Volo dead with apparent genuineness. I just can't see how Gil looked more wolfish than Volo. Much of a muchness.

24. Firefoot for Volo
The big flip-flop! This is suspicious, especially if she suspected Gil would overtake on the inside. But might an innocent Firefoot have done this too - to save a Hunter? Changing her vote was laudable. And she could have placed it more suspiciously. I find this vote less bad than her first foray.

25. Anguirel for Gil
I made a fool of myself, not for the first or last time. I was expecting Mith to join me. I decided to do this by tossing a coin. I was so uncertain increasingly about Volo's guilt. But to be honest I didn't think much of the rival case for Gil either.

26. Rikae for Volo
Honour affronted, fair enough. How many wolves would slip onto the winning bandwagon? The answer, as ever, bold ones. Zzzz. A bit suspect.

I suspect on these bases Durelin, Firefoot, Kath and Eomer to an extent. Urgh.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:50 AM   #255
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
I'm sorry guys, I must admit I'm putting a half-hearted effort into this village... I think I signed up to one werewolf too many, but Nogrod's game was too tempting to resist.

Anyway, I don't have much to add at this point in time, other than insisting on this:

Loomy talks a lot... but how much does she really say?

Look at how she's ALWAYS moderated her accusations (even joking with Morm that she was being wishy washy after he'd called someone else on being so). I know that's normal for her, but this time I think there's something fishy.

And Morm two out of the three times I've suspected someone right off the bat, I've been RIGHT not WRONG... When I think about it too much, THEN I'm wrong.

Oh, and Rikae I just don't like you (no, just kidding, but must you suspect me every game we play?)
Old 02-01-2007, 11:52 AM   #256
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I don't actually think that achieved much. If I survive, I won't repeat that technique exactly. So many blasted votes...

A provisionary one of my own - ++DURELIN.

People are behaving as if her Auguring actually worked! Villager after villager is muttering "Well, I didn't suspect Anguirel much, but if Durelin says so, then...", even though her agreement was just a casual endorsement of Lommy's theory.

Debellare suberbos et parcere subiectos. Durelin is wielding quite a lots of influence and power at the moment, and I want to humble it.

I may consider voting Firefoot later if hanging her looks more feasible...
Old 02-01-2007, 11:52 AM   #257
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thinlo doesn't sit right with me. Most of her posts have been about hunters, roles, and stuff that we shouldn't dwell on for so long. Then there's something about these posts:
Quote:
Durelin's been only chatty too, but I wouldn't like to lose her this early, as she is usually quite helpful when innocent. (Means I wouldn't like to vote a good player I don't even suspect because of her first post as I have a reason to assume there will be more posts from her...)~Post 49
Thanafter Lal's post in Post 51 (not even 20 minutes later):
Quote:
++DURELIN

She posted only in-character nonsense in a phase that she could have commented something reasonable. That is slightly wolvish. Also, I hope that this vote serves as a discourager of nonsense-posting...

I'm aware that wasn't a very reasonable vote, but I had to vote someone.
Wanting to discourage nonsense posting? Rather quick change to go from, I'm willing to keep Durelin around, to I had to vote for someone. Especially when I take it as you found Kath to really be the most suspicious? Durelin would be a safe vote to make as well.

Edit: Mass x-post
Old 02-01-2007, 11:59 AM   #258
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Thinlo doesn't sit right with me. Most of her posts have been about hunters, roles, and stuff that we shouldn't dwell on for so long.
Quite true...which is why I can't be sure if she or Farael is a Cobbleresque being. Roles and stuff aren't the usual subject matter for a wolf...or really for Thinlomien usually. I've usually seen her as a discreet villager or a cagey Gifted in the past...all this garrulity about the village's shiny trinketry in the way of Rangers and stuff takes me rather by surprise.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:02 PM   #259
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

[QUOTE=Lalwendë]

Wouldn't a ranger defend during the day someone that they were going to defend in the night? Sorry if I've not grasped the concept of that yet, but I'd have thought that's what would happen? Or am I getting Rangers mixed up with Cobblers? I don't know.

QUOTE]
Since rangering is the gifted role I have been relatively successful in I would say no. The point of being a ranger is to protect those you think the wolves will kill. Boromir would have been a low priority at that point if someone has attracted suspiscion the wolves will hope the villagers will do the job for them. Later when Boro declared himself as hunter there might have been a case for protecting him long enough to pick a good target. And with 3 rangers the added dynamic Lommy pointed out comes into play - not only do you have to second guess the wolves but second guess the other rangers.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:10 PM   #260
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Hmmm. I'm turning the idea of a Durelin, Kath, Eomer triumvirate round in my mind. It seems quite convincing as a party aiming to get at Firefoot this eve. All three have been responsible for incremental suspicion aimed at her.

But then I'm very wary of Firefoot as well...
Old 02-01-2007, 12:14 PM   #261
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Farael's last post has got me confused. I'm pondering this question of whether he and Lommy could be in cahoots (coupled with rather baroque defences) or if they are indeed on opposing sides (see my earlier reasoning that they cannot both be baddies). Now, Farael's post has gone that far that I cannot now see how they could possibly ever hope to pull off something quite that outrageous. So I'm back to square one in thinking that one of them may be bad, but both cannot be. I may well leave both of them well alone for tonight, despite Boro's good observation. Lommy wasn't on my list of five anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself I think. Farael will remain on that list but he's got me confused and I will have to shelve him for now, but with a weather eye open.

Looking again at the original cabal I suspected, Firefoot looks more suspicious to me. As Boro and Kath point out she was disturbingly quick to switch votes, and thanks to Anguirel's analysis I now see that she was originally 'wavering' between Gil and Boro and plumped for Boro (as Gil had). Was the sudden switch to Volo a 'cover-up'? Was it due to Boro's 'revelation'? Either way, something's up there. It's all linked to the list of five? I don't know. But it's linked to Gil and I can't shake that feeling I picked up yesterday that something was going on.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:28 PM   #262
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

So Anguirel, sealing a two-horse race is suspicious, is it? But then, pushing Boromir further ahead in the votes would have been mightily suspicious. And voting for someone who already had 1 vote would have been suspicious on the grounds of starting up a three-horse race, right? Or maybe I should have thrown another name into the mix, because there's nothing suspicious about that!

I chose someone out of all the players who already had at least 1 vote. Volo looked the most suspicious to me; so what's wrong with what I did? It was, without question, the least suspicious thing I could have done.

Kath, the very accusation of me flip-flopping is downright ludicrous (nevermind that you said I did it twice). I found Volo suspicious; considered whether he was actually the best choice; and then decided to go with that original choice.

That's not a flip-flop.

As to my lack of contribution, we have so very little to go on, and basically all of it is flexible guesswork, that I feel no great need to speculate on loads of masterplans and conspiracies. I will try to 'feel out' wolf behaviour by studying posting behaviour. It could go either way. Just who do you think has contributed a lot?
Old 02-01-2007, 12:52 PM   #263
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Thinking about voting for Rune. He has come under a bit of suspicion but it's not that. Everyone can look suspicious at this stage (and indeed we all do in some ways). It's just, I feel like I could vote for anyone. I really want a fair reason to vote for someone, because it's not Day One anymore and we have certain decisions to discern the meaning of.

Roa is a famed player (as the intro showed) and it does not surprise me that the wolves were so eager to slay her swiftly.

Macalaure, meaning no disrespect ( ) has less of a 'fearsome opponent' reputation (though he is undoubtedly highly skilled, and pretty much everyone is less fearsome than Roa), and I get the feeling that he is the kill the wolves debated longest. He went after Rune strongly at the start of the day, but lessened his suspicion of him towards the end. It's possible that wolf-Rune yet feared Macalaure's prejudices and was happy to get this potential enemy out of his way. He could do this and no-one would really link Mac's death back to Rune.

Unless you've no idea who to vote for.

++RUNE
Old 02-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #264
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Dear gentlemen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
And a Cobbleresque nasty, who I personally suspect is Thinlomien, purely because she keeps talking about these issues and leaving less time for wolf-hunting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Thinlo doesn't sit right with me. Most of her posts have been about hunters, roles, and stuff that we shouldn't dwell on for so long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
Roles and stuff aren't the usual subject matter for a wolf...or really for Thinlomien usually. I've usually seen her as a discreet villager or a cagey Gifted in the past...all this garrulity about the village's shiny trinketry in the way of Rangers and stuff takes me rather by surprise.
Sorry! (Oooh, she apologises for something, she must be a werecreature! ) But I have a pretty clear idea of these roles (though I'm not sure, of course), and when everybody's so confused and keep disagreeing with me, I'll try to explain the way I see the matter, however side issue the issue happens to be. That's my way (be it good or bad) of doing things. I don't personally think I'm concentrating (meaning taking time from wolf-hunting to that) on the speacial roles - I've not pondered about this so much - but rather, I'm taking part in that discussion too.

~*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
4. Lommy for Durelin
. . . They've formed something of an alliance since.
??? I suspect Durelin, how can you say we're allied? I think she has fair points about you, that's as close as our relationship gets to "alliance".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lal
Now, Farael's post has gone that far that I cannot now see how they could possibly ever hope to pull off something quite that outrageous.
I disagree. If I and Farael were both wolves, wouldn't that be the perfect shield from your suspicions of our alliance, taking it even further? What if me-wolf actually did get lynched? Farael would be innocent in the eyes of village and could win the game based on that. Of course a wolf-Farael would be diminishing the wolves' kills numbers here and it might not be worth the trust he'd gain... But I will not dwell on this because the scenario is (from my point of view) pointless, since I know it can't be.

~*~

That was a pretty unconstructive post. I'll be back with more substance after I've reread the whole village - or at least Day2 - then I might have a clearer picture about this all. At the moment my suspicions are pretty much the same than they were earlier this day.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:18 PM   #265
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Anguirel -> Durelin (Lommy 1, Rikae 1, Farael 1, Morm 1, Durelin 2, Firefoot 1)
Eomer -> Rune (Lommy 1, Rikae 1, Farael 1, Morm 1, Durelin 2, Firefoot 1, Rune 1)

With votes still to come from: Lommy, Boro, Mith, Morm, Me.

I might be coming around to a decision soon though.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #266
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
If I and Farael were both wolves, wouldn't that be the perfect shield from your suspicions of our alliance, taking it even further? What if me-wolf actually did get lynched? Farael would be innocent in the eyes of village and could win the game based on that. Of course a wolf-Farael would be diminishing the wolves' kills numbers here and it might not be worth the trust he'd gain... But I will not dwell on this because the scenario is (from my point of view) pointless, since I know it can't be.
And then it would just have got even more thorny with your post here! Both of you cannot be wolves, it's just not possible to get that twisted without getting in knots and losing the plot. Now you have there put another idea in my head that it could be some mad Wolf plot which hung on one of you being caught out and the other looking good as a result - a risky one, but a fail-safe one for one of you to win at least. But I won't go with that as it's just too thorny and it makes my head hurt - maybe a few days down the line, but no way, not now. And I still suspect Farael to be one of my 'five'. No, you're in the clear Lommy as far as I'm concerned.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:31 PM   #267
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
Durelin is wielding quite a lots of influence and power at the moment, and I want to humble it.
This amuses me greatly. Power? Like...the power of suspicion?

Oh, okay, so here's your reasoning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
People are behaving as if her Auguring actually worked! Villager after villager is muttering "Well, I didn't suspect Anguirel much, but if Durelin says so, then..."
Do you even have any votes yet? No? So quit yer whining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
One interesting thing to observe is that yesterday the general mood seemed to be that Firefoot was suspicious. By this morning the general mood veers towards me, I get the feeling. Durelin was a loud proponent of both causes. Hmmm.
Loud? You said yourself that all I did was mention that I thought Firefoot made a good point.

So, basically I am suspected for having my own suspicions, rather than going with the lovely suggestions of others who you do not know the intentions of. Gasp.

Rune - I'm sorry if tossing around accusations offends you. If I were a wolf, I'd be shakin' too.

Please remember that I can still retract my vote... Just wanted to leave you guys with a little present and see how you reacted.

Rikae's reaction is interesting. The arguments she lays against me are much better than those she laid against morm...why didn't she vote for me? I'm also surprised she's not more "upset" with me... Maybe I'll keep my vote the way it is...maybe...
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:32 PM   #268
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

While wolves have been known to sacrifice each other - this is not a good game for it if they lose their second kill when one dies ..

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 02-01-2007, 01:34 PM   #269
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Why I'm bothering with this is to emphasise my conviction that we have no Seer, Weaver or information gathering role. We really are on our own, I think, boys and girls.
I fully agree! To have a seer and three rangers would make it horribly lopsided. What I think is that the GDB was a triffle bit foolish making a kill last night. The way I understood the naration was that they get one kill and only one. Granted it wasn't explicitly stated but it was the impression I received when Nogrod said something like "The GDB decided to make his kill tonight." Maybe I'll go back and get he exact quote.

Most suspicious to me are:

Lommy
Rune
Rikae
Old 02-01-2007, 01:37 PM   #270
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Due to meetings and the like (the day ends at 3PM my time so I'm still at work) I'm unsure if I'll be able to vote any later than now.

This has been tough because I really suspect all three equally and my vote could go either way

++Lommy

Seems the most strange to me.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:45 PM   #271
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Gah .. I should read the narratives more carefully ..I only really registered the dead ....

I suppose if the GDB thought they were likely to be lynched they might take a chance... and is it correct to assume that GDB isn't Boro?

Celuien is a really puzzling choice ....I didn't think she looked wolvish butmy initial notes record that she engaged with the special roles which might have hinted at giftedness....

Last edited by Mithalwen; 02-01-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #272
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

I was surprised by Celuien too, but I've gathered that there are a lot of hangovers from previous games so someone might have had one of those about Celuien?

Anyway, I can't/don't want to leave it any longer, so I'm going to try my hand tonight for:

++Firefoot

Based on the vote switching business and my suspicions about the possible bandwagonning group that I'm still trying to figure out - whether it is a correct deduction from yesterday. There's something fishy about her, and it's linked to Gil.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #273
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I forgot this from my previous post: Boro, you wonder my vote yesterday. I just realised that I had to give up the illusion of "not voting good players on Day1 if I have no good reason", since pretty much everyone nowadays is a good player. Losing innocent Durelin would have been no more bad than losing any other innocent, unless she's a gifted.

Again, the votes are getting pretty wide-spread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
Yes that is right Morm, I only write things I do not belive. . .
???

~*~

Quick notes on some people after a reread...

Lal, as has been pointed out, was all agreeing on Day1. After it was pointed out, she became a bit more "independent". Hmmm...? Also, she has a weirdobsession of the Volo-lynchers, and her obsession only started after I had remarked no one was concentrating on those bandwagoners...
And she also keeps using those horrendous british words!

morm has beautifully slipped under the radar for someone like him... I wouldn't be surprised if he was a wolf, all this "new tactics" talk and all...

I start to see why people are suspecting Firefoot, yet she does not ring the alarm yet...

If Mith's a wolf, she's a darn cunning one, acting out that confused, telling me the wolves seem to have three kills per night...

Kath seems quite innocent.

Anguirel, I feel, might be the cobbleresque thing (as he himself prefers to call it), since he pretty much throws suspicions and accusations in all directions and thus keeps this village in a state of confusion. He also speculates continiously about who the cobbler might be (keeps repeating it's me or Farael) and he was on admittedly suspicious-looking Boro's side on day1. Maybe he (as he generally keeps suspecting him on day1s) thought he was a wolf and tried to protect him. All his vote switching too, that would fit to the picture. A cunning and ambitious cobbler Ang might be, not someone to just make it all a big joke.

~*~
I'll probably vote morm toDay, but I may also vote Durelin or Farael.

EDIT: xed with everything since my last post
Old 02-01-2007, 02:04 PM   #274
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Lots of things happening!

I actually think that Dury's last post was pretty innocent-ish.

I'll leave now (to let Noggie work on the computer ) and to study some spanish for the exam, but I'll be back in an hour.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #275
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Anguirel, I feel, might be the cobbleresque thing (as he himself prefers to call it), since he pretty much throws suspicions and accusations in all directions and thus keeps this village in a state of confusion. He also speculates continiously about who the cobbler might be (keeps repeating it's me or Farael) and he was on admittedly suspicious-looking Boro's side on day1. Maybe he (as he generally keeps suspecting him on day1s) thought he was a wolf and tried to protect him. All his vote switching too, that would fit to the picture. A cunning and ambitious cobbler Ang might be, not someone to just make it all a big joke.
That's almost as absurd as my denunciation of Durelin! You can't blame the difficult situation we're in on my brilliant machinations. Everybody always assumes I'm good at this stuff. You've fallen for my scheming image. I'm actually deeply inept, occasionally lucky, and more usually chronically, cursedly unfortunate. I've occasionally done well through the inspiring effects of being partnered with the gorgeous Lalaith.

But I am serious about Durelin, you know. My vote stands. I think the smear campaign 'gainst Firefoot is more than circumstantial.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:21 PM   #276
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
You're trying to link me with the suspicion of Firefoot? Day 1, I was suspicious of her. She doesn't stand out to me anymore at all. Have I voiced any suspicion of her toDay?

Naturally, your evidence, like everyone else's, is circumstantial. You're making the assumption that Firefoot is innocent in order to say that I am guilty.

There's nothing wrong with that if you really feel I'm guilty, but just remember that you are making a specific assumption...one that I am making, as well, for the time being.

I'm also going to assume you're innocent for now, because I feel that you are. No, not because I want you to like me and therefore not vote for me.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:25 PM   #277
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
No, not because I want you to like me and therefore not vote for me.
Now that I can believe. Never fear, I like you anyway. I still think you ate Roa and Mac with artichoke hearts though.

But it might have been tartare sauce. Or, who can tell, zabaglione...

I've chucked the Malta talk, so I'm going to be hanging around quite a bit. Who knows, I might even change my mind. Not that I've ever been known for doing that before...

Next project - a List of Suspects and What I Think.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:35 PM   #278
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
But I am serious about Durelin, you know. My vote stands. I think the smear campaign 'gainst Firefoot is more than circumstantial.
I don't know whether it's right to comment after voting, but anyway...I'm wary of Durelin myself, she seems a powerful opponent you wouldn't want against you, but her defence of Volo was justified as he was just so outrageously gobby that he couldn't have been a wolf. I think you were doubtful yourself. Anyway, I'm going with the most solid thing I've seen so far in a big spongy quicksand of a game. And yes, Lommy, I do indeed have an obsession - that's because I have a hunch based on evidence. Who was it first pointed out that evidence of a link between Mac and Roa's deaths? Lommy suggests it in 214 and Eomer explicity in 221. I trust them both so I'll stick.

Time for my Swingometer:

Anguirel -> Durelin (Lommy 1, Rikae 1, Farael 1, Morm 1, Durelin 2, Firefoot 1)
Eomer -> Rune (Lommy 1, Rikae 1, Farael 1, Morm 1, Durelin 2, Firefoot 1, Rune 1)
Morm -> Lommy (Lommy 2, Rikae 1, Farael 1, Morm 1, Durelin 2, Firefoot 1, Rune 1
Lal -> Firefoot (Lommy 2, Rikae 1, Farael 1, Morm 1, Durelin 2, Firefoot 2, Rune 1)

With votes still to come from: Lommy, Boro and Mith. I have the feeling that it will be Durelin or Rune tonight.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:39 PM   #279
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Thinlo, if you are around...what do you think about Firefoot?
Old 02-01-2007, 02:40 PM   #280
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Side issue but anyone who thinks Boro is bluffing - check this post