The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-30-2007, 01:58 AM   #41
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Well, I must say that I don't actually remember Nogrod's version of the hunter.
Agreed ... any ideas on where one might go to find out about that? Or is it time for trawling through lorebooks?

So we're supposed not to rely on past suspicions. Very well. Boro, Eomer and morm are all innocent! That probably goes for Lommy, Volo and Roa too. And Rune and Gil. 'Course since I've listed half the village there at least one is bound to be innocent.

Does anyone have ideas on what exact use the questionnaire has? I know NoggieMod said he'd used it less than he first thought but I assume the people he pointed out in the narration had the most 'votes' within the questionnaires and he did say the narration held clues.

I have to go create some beautiful cloths (aka go to class), back before too long.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:47 AM   #42
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm always right? Good! :D

Reading what has been written so far, here are the ones I find suspicious:

1. Rune

Posts a lot, which is good, but says little, which is bad. Nogrod said he will hide hints towards the roles in the narration and won't try to lead the village astray, yet Rune said the part about the stronger wolf might just be a distraction. His answer to Firefoot irks me, too.

2. Celuien

The same. She's always nice, but she seems extra-nice toDay. Also, she spends a lot of time talking about the hunter, but little else.

Goodies so far: Firefoot, Rikae, Boromir88, Roa_Aoife.

Of course, this does not mean much right now.

Something else: I don't think discussing the stronger wolf or the one with the golden dagger will benefit us much. The hunter-or-whatever is on our side, and that is all we really need to know. Let the wolves try to figure him out alone. Like Roa said, for us, one wolf is as good as the other. There's no way we could distinguish one from the other anyway. Before they're dead, I mean.

Let's hunt some wolf, I say!
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:55 AM   #43
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boro, I'm not quiet on purpose, I've been asleep! I do hope we're not going to get into the quiet/loud thing so early! Or are we doing it because we have nowt to go on? Hmmm...

However, Ang and Gil-galad are very clever to pick up on Boro's quite vocal early suspicions of Celuien. Now I just can't quite decide whether this means they are correct and have pinpointed Boro as a wolf trying strong diversionary tactics, or whether Boro is right and Celuien is indeed a Wolf. Or if in fact this is a clever triple bluff and Anguirel and Gil-galad are both Wolves!

Rune's advice is good. Trust nobody apart from yourself! But then I do get strong feelings in this game - as I noticed last time I played and maybe over-analysing is not the way to go and gut feeling is better; had I trusted mine last time I'd have got the Wolf.

Now I'm going to go and hit a few folk with my inflated pig's bladder and see if they squeal or...whimper like dogs...
Old 01-30-2007, 03:26 AM   #44
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"I can tell you I'm innocent. It's all logical. Just see this.
1. Sheep fear wolves.
2. The sheep don't fear me.
3. Ergo, I'm not a wolf." Lommy turns to a little sheep. "Come here, Agnus, come to your mummy!" The lamb comes and Lommy strokes him. She starts singing: "Lommy had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb..."

"Who's the baddie then? Easy! We have a whole lot of pretenders here, I'm sure they're trying to hide something. Or what do you think of such unnatural beings as merry Anguirel, idiotic Lalwende and Mac who is always right? Such things do not exist! Thus, I'm rather confident, those are the wolves; who else would have a need to disguise his or her true nature?"
-----------------

More seriously now. That stronger wolf... I agree with Rune that it's probably stronger than normal wolves, not that the two others are weaker than normal wolves. This is just pure speculation, but the first thing that comes to my mind is that maybe the strong wolf is such that s/he can't be killed by the possible hunter? (I take the golden dagger as a hint of hunterdom, like so many others here.) Or that s/he has one lynch-protection meaning if we try to lynch him/her s/he does not die, but if we lynch him/her again, s/he dies?

About Nogrod's hunter, I believe I can help you. I co-modded with Noggie some time ago, and we had a hunter that was called "the logical hunter". The logical hunter can change his/her pick whenever s/he will. If s/he's lynched s/he can take anyone with him/her, but if s/he is killed, s/he can only take a wolf with him/her ie. if s/he has chosen a wolf, it dies, but if s/he hasn't, no one dies. (That's why it's logical, I mean, if three wolf-shaped beasts are attacking you, do you run to your neighbour's house and kill your sleeping neighbour because you suspect him/her?) Nogrod was rather fond of this idea and I wouldn't be surprised if he used it again.

Now, I'm back to reread the village again and with more care so I can actually comment something and I won't be very much around today. (I'll post an explanation in the admin thread, since that's the preferable way.)
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:15 AM   #45
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Just to clarify. Yes there will be hints and possibly even downright revelations in the narrations, but they will only concern the roles and how they work. There will be no hints to any one person having a specific role or not.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 05:22 AM   #46
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm so glad to see Roa back in werewolf. I know I should not trust her, though I generally am inclined - believe or not - to do so, but she really seems pretty genuinely innocent this far. And Rune seems quite innocent too... Argh! That poll should never had been made. I mean, I listed Roa as one I tend to trust and Rune as one I tend to sympethise with - and look what I'm thinking right now! This village's truly driving me mad!

Maybe I should take Firefoot's advice then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ff
My point is that everyone is going to come into the game with people they like to trust. As soon as you know who those people are, put them on your distrust list, too, because they're the people who are best going to be able to fool you.
It seems reasonable enough, and Firefoot herself seems pretty innocent too... And she was not on my sympathise or trust list! Admitted she was on my want to be in the same side with -list...

Curse you Nogrod, and your polls, you truly make me feel uneasy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I'm inclined to think the poll is going to be more a distraction than anything else.
I agree. We did think of such an idea with Noggie when we modded together last summer, but didn't do it after all. Back then, our main point was to cause confusion () and give more topics to discuss on Day1. Knowing Nogrod as well as I happen to know him I daresay that the later one probably is one of his reasons to do the whole poll, after all, he's always disliked Day1's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I detest quiet villages.
Me too. And after that horrendous last game of slip-under-the-radar -wolves I'd be pretty ready to lynch someone for the sake of not contributing and thus helping the village and such that might be a threat, because of no one knowing anything about him/her, later, unless I find some villager suspicious. But this far there has been no wolvish slips or too wolvish comments to go on... Except Kath seems a bit suspicious - her only post this far is just being nice and conversing pleasantly, in a way that makes me wary - but I always suspect her and I'm not right too often... And it's the stupid poll again! I said I tend to suspect her and see what I'm thinking about her...! I'm sure Noggie has made the poll just to drive us mad and make us watch our behaviour...
Old 01-30-2007, 05:44 AM   #47
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

There's a bit too much "Oh, so-and-so feels innocent!" for my liking. Suspicious. Boromir88, Macalaure and Thinlómien have all used this gambit so far, with nothing to go on.

As a Beekeeper, I am used to keeping to myself. No-one ever likes to visit me - what with the ubiquitous sickly scent of honey and the constant danger of stinging - and that's the way I like it. For this reason I appreciate the good sense of, though would not trust for even one second, Roa and Rune who preach of the traps of overconfidence.

The villager who speaks the most sense so far, however, is the good Mormegil, who urges a swift lynching. I agree totally. But who to choose? There are so many people here who cannot say they didn't have it coming.

(For those of you unfamiliar with beekeepers, they are notoriously cantankerous.)
Old 01-30-2007, 06:05 AM   #48
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I have to vote now, or I likely won't be able to vote at all. It's a shame there's so little here, but....

This is what I've found, with my personal thoughts on each post thus far.

Rikae Day 1

1st post - Points out that Mac is also useful to the village despite being suspicious, doesn't know what an evil Lommy would look like, thoughts on rangers: can't kill that wolves, but whoever has the golden dagger can, wishes we had a seer, thinks the pole is just a distraction, points out that the most dangerous wolves are also extremely useful to the village

(Definite response to "bandwagon," either Firefoot or Gil-galad did a good job of narrowing the discussion from the start, not sure what kind of point she's making about good wolves also being good villagers, good thoughts about rangers and golden dagger)

2nd post - Agrees with Celuien's guess about 3 hunters and one ranger

(Still no definite suspicions, being very non-controversial, and adding little except to dispel suspicions on others)

3rd post - Thinks Roa makes sense, but also thinks Roa may be trying to slip under the radar by being uncontroversial, wonders why Rune doesn't trust Cel, feels something amiss with Rune

(For accusing me of being noncontroversial and sliding under the radar, this is the first bit of suspicion from her, and it's vague and nondecisive- she's very keen on spreading out suspicion)

4th post - Find's Roa's explanation plausible, more wolf theory

(Her first mention of this theory, and she doesn't have much to say, except to agree again)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boromir Day 1

1st post - Innocent: Firefoot, Gil; Guilty: Celuien (for politeness?)

(Quite a bold statement from the start, with little if anything to back it up)

2nd post - posits theory about only one wolf knowing the identity of the others

(I really don't see where he's going with this, so far his posts have been short and filled with very little substance)

3rd post - Says his trust in firefoot and Gil and his distrust of Cel is feeling -based

(This is not the Boromir I know, but I could be wrong)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gil-galad Day 1

1st post - Seems to join Firefoots suspicion of Mac and Lommy, points out that would make him seem suspicious, points out that he wouldn't post it knowing he would throw suspicion on himself, but then points out that declaring that would make it more suspicious, etc etc

(Random, seemingly pointless, almost meant to be skimmed over and ignored as a waste of time, suspicious and defensive against suspicion at the same time. Pfft, back off- the septuple bluff is my prowess. Also, never states if he is actually joining the Mac/Lommy bandwagon, but manages to draw negative attention to Firefoot as well with use of the term "bandwagon")

Obviously there have been more posts from these people since I left, but the pretty much show the same thing. Except for Gil-galad's sudden return and attack on Boromir. I may not trust Boromir, but it's not as though he's actively pursuing Celuien. I don't know if Gil's sudden snapping was warrented. So, early in the day:

++Gil-Galad

Though it was almost for Rikae. Hopefully I'll be alive tomorrow with more information.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:08 AM   #49
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I have a problem. I'd like to vote some quiet or chatty (means "chatty" in the negative sense, ie nonsense poster) person to eliminate threats from further days and to let those who contribute stay for a while.

But, there is none. Gil maybe a bit, but he's been contributing more than usually and I wouldn't like to "punish" him for it, especially as he is not particularly suspicious.

Durelin's been only chatty too, but I wouldn't like to lose her this early, as she is usually quite helpful when innocent. (Means I wouldn't like to vote a good player I don't even suspect because of her first post as I have a reason to assume there will be more posts from her...)

Then there's a bunch of non-posters (and our possible slip-under-the-radar -wolves may very well hide among them), but I don't want to "condemn" anyone without hearing anything from them.

In any other game I would probably vote Kath (who is slightly suspicious IMO), but this situation being what it is I find it a not-so-pleasant choice. What if her general playing style is just something that makes me think her suspicious? Should I, because of that, overlook her slight suspiciousness and regard it as "normal"?

And I should vote soon...

EDIT: xed with Roa
Old 01-30-2007, 06:22 AM   #50
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Now there's a thought. Eomer agrees with Morm that a swift lynching is the way to go. But please chaps, take care, for a swift lynching and swift decision making usually results in bandwaggoning and an innocent is then killed. Note, Eomer, what you say about the good sense of Rune and Roa in preaching against overconfidence. Unless of course, there is a sinister intention to being overconfident and wishing for a quick lynch.........

EDIT - Lommy, we've not heard from a lot of people yet, that's true, but they may have been getting their beauty sleep when the game began last night and I'm sure they'll be on soon! That's not something which is swaying my lines of thinking this time* as I fear it's a red herring rather than a wolverine.

*like I'm an expert! It's only my second game!

Last edited by Lalwendë; 01-30-2007 at 06:28 AM.
Lalwendë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:25 AM   #51
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'll go with

++DURELIN

She posted only in-character nonsense in a phase that she could have commented something reasonable. That is slightly wolvish. Also, I hope that this vote serves as a discourager of nonsense-posting...

I'm aware that wasn't a very reasonable vote, but I had to vote someone.

I'll be keeping my eyes on Kath anyway, and you others too: I'm totally clueless about the wolves' identities this far.

To my comfort I can say that all the wolves may be among those who haven't said anything yet, and thus it's just understandable that I don't have a clue about their identities.

Tomorrow, when there's been more posts and points in this village, I hope I can be more helpful and intelligent, for the village's sake.

I'm leaving now...

EDIT: xed with Lalwende
Old 01-30-2007, 06:32 AM   #52
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë
Now there's a thought. Eomer agrees with Morm that a swift lynching is the way to go. But please chaps, take care, for a swift lynching and swift decision making usually results in bandwaggoning and an innocent is then killed. Note, Eomer, what you say about the good sense of Rune and Roa in preaching against overconfidence. Unless of course, there is a sinister intention to being overconfident and wishing for a quick lynch.........
Lal, you have a good point. I'd be tempted to vote Eomer solely based on that - my own suspicions being as feeble as they are - but I refrain from it, because that might be meant in a different way (see below) and I would probably feel very bad about voting Eomer again on Day1, especially if he happens to be innocent.

I think morm's not for a quick lynching, rather he's trying to provoke reactions. Whether Eomer really agrees with him here (which makes Lal's point half-pointless) or he really supports quick lynchings, is up to the reader. I find it always too difficult to distinguish humour and serious opinions in ww...

EDIT: add - now I'm really going
Old 01-30-2007, 06:39 AM   #53
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I do have to vote early today, but after this I should be voting closer to the deadline.

The two main people to have really caught my eye Gil-Galad are Boromir.

Gil-Galad - His whole first post is basically centered around the idea that he's saying something that people might find suspicious. He seems very preoccupied with that idea.

Boromir - I think he was too soon to assert the innocence/guilt of some people. It seems almost set up.

I'd like to go look a little more, but I really have to go.

++Boromir
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:52 AM   #54
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I don't have much time at the moment, but I'll try to catch up and I'll be back before the deadline to check for any new developments.

Roa, is it such a terrible thing that I prefer not to jump in, in the early hours of day one, with baseless accusations? It's always been my feeling that it's a good idea to spread suspicion around a little on day one, just to see how people react. As for good wolves also being good villagers, that should be obvious; a strong player is usually a strong player across the board. I was just saying I don't think we should lynch the ones we started the game fearing until they have given us some posts to analyse.

The Cel-Boro-Gil-Ang dynamic is a bit confusing. I originally interpreted Boro's suspicions of Cel as not really being serious, and thought Gil's vote was an honest misunderstanding or somewhat random. The fact that Ang jumped on board, though, is unsettling. I wouldn't expect him to do this, unless he's looking for lynch-bait.

I don't find Boro or Cel particularly suspicious; at this point I'm most uneasy about Ang, Rune and Roa. However, there are several people who haven't said much (or said nothing at all) yet, so I might be focussing too much on the early posters. I'll vote now in case I can't make it back before the end of the day, but I'll try to check in before voting closes.

++Anguirel

Last edited by Rikae; 01-30-2007 at 06:58 AM. Reason: typo
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:00 AM   #55
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lommy's point that Eomer may be trying to go for some humour is a good one and I am inclined to agree with it. So it's time to revise some of my views.

I don't agree with Firefoot that Boro set something up early. I think he was merely posting early on as he was up and not in his bed getting his beauty sleep; note he is not posting now as he will probably be busy brushing his teeth and getting ready for work. So I'm inclined not to go with this theory of Boro's guilt.

Which brings me back to Anguirel and Gil-galad and the 'triple bluff theory' I brought up earlier today. It was Anguirel who latched on to this after Gil-galad brought it up; of course this could be Ang double-bluffing, but if he really was an innocent taken along by Gil-galad's triple logic then this would further bolster that approach. I'll bet Gil-galad's quite pleased about that if he is guilty. So he is currently my Number One suspect.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:20 AM   #56
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
If there's anything I hate, it's day 1.

I think Boro was just trying to stir things up earlier, which doesn't really make me suspect him. Gil's vote for him, though, is also unsuspicious to me, since his reasoning is probably as good as anything that can be expected early on. And I agree with this from Lommy:
Quote:
I have a problem. I'd like to vote some quiet or chatty (means "chatty" in the negative sense, ie nonsense poster) person to eliminate threats from further days and to let those who contribute stay for a while.

But, there is none. Gil maybe a bit, but he's been contributing more than usually and I wouldn't like to "punish" him for it, especially as he is not particularly suspicious.
But no one is making me feel especially uneasy just now, so I'll hold back on voting for the moment.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:42 AM   #57
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wow. I've attracted 1 vote per post so far...wonder if I can keep it up...

Roa, just out of interest, why did you narrow down your voting list to Boro, Gil and Rikae? Because they've posted more than most?

I'm going to have to resist my habitual urge to humble the loud and the proud, as it caused some disastrous consequences recently. I may even have to give up my passion for duelling in Werewolf. So sad.

Celuien m'dear, don't be defeatist; I've often seen Day 1s bag villains by hook, crook or sheer blind chance. With retractable votes I hope this village will be able to react more quickly to trends. I suggest that everyone does their best to be present near the deadline with at least one vote in their quiver.

Lal suggests I was "taken along by Gil's triple-bluff logic". I don't think this was the case, though I know she meant it more or less in my defence. I was simply commenting on an undoubtedly interesting situation, and didn't make much of it, I must admit.

I see a general mood against Boro in the air; Rikae feels his behaviour is out of its norm. I don't see that that's the case. Forthright, trenchant, slightly abrasive, it all seems to be there.

I agree with Macalaure that discussing the poll, the swords, the Eagles or whatever won't yet help that much. Some people know what it means; at this early stage, I suppose they should be left to get on with it, though pooling resources might help later.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:49 AM   #58
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
On Gil, I'm not sure that his first post wasn't just a normal Day 1 post. Throwing an idea out without any substance just to get people talking. It could be some sort of bluff but I'm so pleased to see him getting involved I really don't want to lynch him. Waiting for evidence seems a good idea methinks.

I'm also feeling pretty good about Lommy at the moment. For all her lack of net access we've seen plenty of posts from her and that's generally a good sign.

Roa has gone straight for analysis, which seems almost an odd thing to do Day 1 but then this Day itself seems odd for a Day 1. The in-character banter barely existed with almost everyone going straight to talking about the narration and what it might reveal. In any case, I recall Roa's ancestors being very fact based people so this is most likely normal behaviour. Though of course that would protect her nicely from suspicion, I still think she's clear at the moment.

Lal seems a little defensive about the whole quiet thing. Not entirely sure what to make of that. She jumped on Lommy a bit for saying she wanted to look out for the quiet ones as well as replying to Boro on the same lines. Might keep an eye on her. Her relative newbieness as well as having seen the arguments over the loud/quiet thing last game might explain the worry but I think it's still worth looking out for.

What does feel off was Boro's question to morm about him wanting to stop the talk. I thought morm was just being his bloodthirsty Day 1 self and found it strange that anyone would take it too seriously. Besides Mac and ... ugh, someone else, I'll look later, have also suggested stopping talking about the narration.

I have to go again (damn lectures!) so I'm going to vote as I may not actually be back again toDay. Hopefully I will as I'd certainly like a lot more evidence that that which I've just stuck together up there to base a vote on.

++ BORO
Old 01-30-2007, 08:11 AM   #59
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Kath, I was just urging not reading too much into the loud/quiet issue as time differences must be taken into account.

However...I note that four of us have yet to comment: Naria, Volo, Farael and Mithalwen.

Flying under the radar? Unavoidably detained elsewhere? I certainly never remembered Farael as being naturally quiet last (first) time I played...

So, three votes for Boro so far? He emerges as a front runner it seems. I, however, have yet to be convinced of his guilt as I think he was simply a victim of time zones. And Gil-galad was the instigator of this campaign. If we take the hypothetical situation that Boro is innocent then Gil, Firefoot and Kath could be involved in a cabal against him? Or have one or more of these three been taken for a ride? Is Boro really innocent? Is Gil a wolverine mastermind?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:17 AM   #60
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
That's many votes for so early a day.

mormegil -> Rune (Rune 1)
Gil-Galad -> Boro (Rune 1, Boro 1)
Roa_Aoife -> Gil (Rune 1, Boro 1, Gil 1)
Lommy -> Durelin (Rune 1, Boro 1, Gil 1, Durelin 1)
Firefoot -> Boro (Boro 2, Rune 1, Gil 1, Durelin 1)
Rikae -> Anguirel (Boro 2, Rune 1, Gil 1, Durelin 1, Ang 1)
Kath -> Boromir88 (Boro 3, Rune 1, Gil 1, Durelin 1, Ang 1)

I'm not fond of this sight of an early Boro-waggon. His style is somewhat different (which is perfectly okay), but his tone isn't. Bad argument, but I think an evil Boro would act different. Don't give him your vote so lightly!

Gil is Gil, as far as I'm concerned. Durelin has only posted once. I have a good feeling concerning Ang, but that doesn't mean much since it's Ang we're talking about.

I'm not convinced enough yet to start a campaign, but Rune remains my top suspect.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:18 AM   #61
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Interesting, Ang is usually the one for my head on Day 1, now it's all different...

I guess since I don't post in character comments and I actually want to find people I'm going to vote for that makes me a wolf. Oh boy this is truly golden...er priceless.

Lal
Quote:
Boro, I'm not quiet on purpose, I've been asleep! I do hope we're not going to get into the quiet/loud thing so early! Or are we doing it because we have nowt to go on? Hmmm...
This I find strange...I just said I detest quietness. I wasn't saying anyone here was quiet, on the contrary today has been filled with chatter. I fully understand you run on a different clock. I'm surprised you took that as an attack by me.

Kath
Quote:
What does feel off was Boro's question to morm about him wanting to stop the talk.
I took morm's post as saying stop all the talk about the hunter and the 'strong' wolf. Which I personally think the more talk the better.
Quote:
I thought morm was just being his bloodthirsty Day 1 self and found it strange that anyone would take it too seriously.
Everything that's said I take seriously.

Edit: x-posted with Lal and Mac
Old 01-30-2007, 08:31 AM   #62
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Oh, shut up!

And how nice of you, dear Nogrod, to make me a cryptic lense grinder. Haha

Lommy is the ranger by the way, I saw her and Nogrod talking about WW.
Umm... in my dream.

But back to work. What do we have here? Chaos.

My own theories about the strange characters:

The "big" wolf has some extra ability that might or might not make the wolf weaker than the others. It might be something like the ability of the Hunter.

The "swordman" can probably be a Hunter.

The "wielder of the subtle dagger" might be an assasin of some kind. Something like "kills anybody at any time once in the game, might or might not die in doing so".

Rangers getting to know each other and gaining the right to chat:
I think that by protecting the same person the rangers will get to know each other and by successfully protecting the same person they will get the right to chat.

Back to the game: Feeling lazy today, I'll probably do a mormegil and vote for a random person, probably Durelin as I have a grudge against Durelin's family in my blood.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:33 AM   #63
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Why I'm Not Going For Boro's No Doubt Very Delicious Head

I tend to shy away from what most people are doing, especially early on when there's less to go on. So I'm avoiding the widespread suspicion of Boro.

But there is more to it.

I'm really enjoying the fact that, in fact, while he claims to avoid in-character posting every one of Boro's posts is in character, because they're all so serious...this is such an amusing paradox that I am unlikely to vote Boro for a while, without proper evidence anyway.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:34 AM   #64
Volo

By the way!? Why is Boromir88 going to die on Day1?

It's madness!

Better vote me on Day1, I bet Boromir88 is potentially more useful.
It's sad that he can't be left for the Seer...

Xd with Ang
Old 01-30-2007, 08:41 AM   #65
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
++ Naria

Mostly to try to stir up the quiet part of the village, and because I really don't like the idea of voting for anyone in the current field of vote receivers.

I'll try to return near the deadline for reevaluation, but I can't guarantee that I'll be able to.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:57 AM   #66
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Okay. I didn't really suspect anyone until the arrival of Volo.

Volo's behaviour ticks practically every wolf signal I know, and I will explain why. However, I'm still not sold on voting for him. Would it be a futile attempt to correct the errors of my last village? Am I just pursuing a feud? Nevertheless, he is suspicious because:

He's boldly explicit about his views on the special roles; a tactic which might look too risky for a wolf, though it isn't actually that dangerous.

He says he'll vote for a "random person, probably Durelin". A glaring contradiction, no? He's given up on theorising and started pursuing a grudge victim. The problem is, if I voted for him I might be guilty of the same crime. He cites morm as a precedent to authenticate his current course. This is what a wolf might very well do.

His shocked reaction to Boro's plight looks overdone. He also repeats his old saw about certain players being "left to the Seer" - which he last said as a Werewolf. There's no Seer now, Volo, so that comment is, at best, irrelevant and distracting.

Oh, and the "better vote me". Standard martyring.

It all fits. Perhaps a little too much so. It might still be good intentions mixed with uncertainty and a vague yen for revenge.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:59 AM   #67
Volo

I wanted to vote Durelin for a completely useless post, a grudge and to help Boromir, but now having read Boromir's posts better I see he's pretty suspicious.

He has been moderately nice, which is strange and there is something that makes me suspect him badly.

Anguirel's last post feels hairy. He is too calm and even if he doesn't vote Boromir, Boromir's half dead already.

Don't forget the fourth evil character! What could it be?
And are all the three Rangers alike?

EDIT: X:d with Ang, so "Anguirel's last post feels hairy." is the post #63.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:00 AM   #68
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well you have given me a lot to read .... and already I gather you want to kill Boro .... well I haven't read more than a couple of posts yet but my ancestors lived in villages with his ancestors and lynching him day one turned out to be a bad move... of course maybe third time pays for all but lets not be hasty...

I will go and catch up....... And we have a Seer? I thought the hints were Shirriffsa and Hunter .. but ... *stops* might be a good idea to read before I talk... (not that that stops me usually)

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:03 AM   #69
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
What's really strange is that I find all 3 who voted for me to be actually innocent, or I can't see any good reason to vote for one of them.

While those now defending me...Rikae, Celuien, Mac, Lal, Ang, and Volo (at least I take all their posts about me as a defense) to be a pretty large list, so large it's wolvish.

Of that list, I'm right now inclined to believe Rikae and Ang as innocent.

Rikae, believe me when I say this or not, doesn't matter...but most of my Day 1 stuff is based off of feeling, just like everyone else's. I don't have some secret formula put together to deduce who the wolves are.

It's a little odd Ang is now defending me, after all these times of wanting to kill me. But that's no reason for me to vote for him, even on Day 1.

Mac I'm unsure about, he did say a very wise thing that we should all take into consideration:
Quote:
Don't give him your vote so lightly!
And don't give anyone you vote so lightly! For today, Mac most likely won't be getting my vote.

Lal, Volo, and Celuien are the one's who kind of strike me as being suspicious of those who have defended.
Volo because of this:
Quote:
Better vote me on Day1, I bet Boromir88 is potentially more useful.
It's sad that he can't be left for the Seer..
I aint no saint...see me last village? I was completely and utterly destroyed. I'm not too fond of the last statement about the Seer either. A seer would be nice, but I actually kind of like it...we have plenty of weapons at our disposle to help us fight off the wolves (at night), but mind you what mac said...watch who the heck you vote for! You have these weapons don't waste them.

Anyway, though we have these weapons, it's up to us to actually find the wolves, there's no more relying one the Seer to do our work for us. We have weapons, let's be cautious...but we have to do our own work now.

Lal's response which I remarked before doesn't strike me the right way, but other than that she comes off as helpful and logical. Another odd thing is this:
Quote:
However...I note that four of us have yet to comment: Naria, Volo, Farael and Mithalwen.
I don't know about Naria or Farael, but you should well know Mith is in your same timeframe. I don't like that comment. Don't think I can vote for her, but don't take that as I'm going to ignore you Miss Lal.

Celuien, I just got a bad feeling about, ok so stone me.

Edit x-posted with Ang, Volo, and Mith
Old 01-30-2007, 09:08 AM   #70
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Okay. I didn't really suspect anyone until the arrival of Volo.
How very nice of you, isn't this like a grudge?

Quote:
He's boldly explicit about his views on the special roles; a tactic which might look too risky for a wolf, though it isn't actually that dangerous.
Well, what's so strange here. The special roles have been a topic for a longer period, I'm not the first to boldly point out their presence.

Quote:
He says he'll vote for a "random person, probably Durelin". A glaring contradiction, no? He's given up on theorising and started pursuing a grudge victim. The problem is, if I voted for him I might be guilty of the same crime. He cites morm as a precedent to authenticate his current course. This is what a wolf might very well do.
Haha, yes. As I hadn't analysed Durelin when I read that, I didn't have a reason to vote her, except for her being a Seer in the last game, so it would have been random.

Quote:
His shocked reaction to Boro's plight looks overdone. He also repeats his old saw about certain players being "left to the Seer" - which he last said as a Werewolf. There's no Seer now, Volo, so that comment is, at best, irrelevant and distracting.
I said that Boromir can not be left to the Seer.

Quote:
Oh, and the "better vote me". Standard martyring.
Yup, I'm the wolf, lynch me!

This "defence" is because it didn't take long to write it and Anguirel got things simply wrong.

X:d with Boromir
Old 01-30-2007, 09:09 AM   #71
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Alright, I have to say that, after several WW games, I have tried every playing style I could think of.

At first I was a suicide, like our very own Nilp.

Then I went with my gut feeling.

Then I tried using cold logic.

The only one that worked was my gut feeling... and this time, I've got a feeling for someone.

Now, I'm aware this will probably make me very unpopular, but there is something about Loomy that just doesn't sit right. Her little banter about the sheep, for example, was utter nonsense when the village had moved on from nonsensical posts already. That's always a red flag on my mind, if you don't make it by the start of the day when everyone is playing around, you don't usually post nonsense when there are actually things to comment on.

Then she spends some time bantering about the secret roles... I say, we have no way of knowing what those roles are for sure... and any guess is as good as any other right now... so what's the point of going in circles sayin g"oh, I think the roles are such and such" "oh, I agree" "no, I disagree" "well, I disagree with both of you"

To me this is screaming "HERE IS A WOLF TRYING TO SOUND HELPFUL WHILE ADDING VERY LITTLE!!"

She does clarify what Nogrod's hunter is like. Thanks.

We move on to her next post.

She agrees with Firefoot's comment on "do not trust anyone". That's clearly a wolfish ploy. While I don't propose "trust just about everyone", at some point you need to draw a line. Do your best to make your own theories and find your own suspects, but if we start suspecting "This person may be a wolf because I trust them too much" then we are done for. Odds are, if someone is making A LOT of sense, and there is no evidence at all that they are a wolf.... they will be innocent.

So again, another post that is not really helping the village.

She then talks about how the questionnaire is probably there to confuse us. True, but that still doesn't help us find a wolf.

Moving right along....

She makes a weak case on Durelin... not enough to vote for her, right? well, if we see the next post, wrong... she does vote for her, even though it doesn't even sound as if she was her prime suspect.

Then we go to the actual voting post, where as mentioned before, she votes for Durelin. She then sounds rather apoglectic, which is always a bad sign for me. If you believe someone is guilty (or guilty-er than the rest) then you should vote for them and pray for the best... if you think someone is innocent, then for crying out loud, don't vote for them!!!! No, no, there is something definitely wrong with Loomy

Her last post is a clear example on "how to say nothing in a lot of words".

First she picks on a comment made by Lalwende somewhat against Morm and Eomer defends Morm right away. That's alright. Then she mentions Eomer and basically says "he might be doing something... or he might be doing the opposite".

Now, given that there are two realistic choices on what Eomer meant (either he trully agreed with Morm's statement or he agreed with his intention of getting some accusations rolling) she's basically saying nothing what so ever about Eomer.

Again, she's writing, seemingly contributing... but She is saying little or nothing that adds to the discussion.

Add on top of that a weakly reasoned vote that somewhat contradicts what she's said before (although it's hard to tell what she's said before since she says very little and what she does say she tries to downplay it ) and you've got yourself a wolfish looking Loomy

Therefore, I must say...

++Loomy.

on another note, I might not be able to come back before the end of the day... I have a busy day today with some studying to do and an interview. I THINK (key word, think) I'll be able to come back once or twice, but I can't make any promises.

Edit: X-ed with everything after Celuien's vote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:16 AM   #72
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Volo can you be more specific about what in your 20 minutes between posts you found that changed Boro from being a mad target to suspicious. I have been on line 20 minutes now and have only seen a bit of day one stirring. And that IS like Boro....

Is this sincere conversion or are you just moving with the tide - something I find quite wolvish - after all any dead innocent is good for the wolves. And as Roa points out there isn't much scope for getting it wrong. So far I feel Boro is an ordo ... he is one of those players who does very well when he has the challenge of a special role but raises suspicions as an innocent ...

I have to go soon but will return after a short break until I hope up to the deadline. I know the timing is in the European's favour this time for being to wait before voting but please really think about this and don't bandwaggon if you are pushed for time. If nothing else a spread of votes gives us more ot look at in latter days....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:18 AM   #73
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Now, I'm aware this will probably make me very unpopular, but there is something about Loomy that just doesn't sit right. Her little banter about the sheep, for example, was utter nonsense when the village had moved on from nonsensical posts already. That's always a red flag on my mind, if you don't make it by the start of the day when everyone is playing around, you don't usually post nonsense when there are actually things to comment on.
The beggining of the first post is probably made up many hours before Lommy got herself in front of a computer. So it should be ignored the same way as any other first post in-character talk that doesn't mention anybody else.

Not that I'm defending Lommy, it is true that she hasn't contributed too much, but has anybody? She just doesn't feel as suspicious as many others.

Actually I would call Farael's post as "much talk about small news". The only thing that makes Farael seem innocent is the extreme boldness for which he will surely be suspected if Lommy is proven innocent.

EDIT: X:d with Mith
Old 01-30-2007, 09:25 AM   #74
Volo

Mith, I tend to see why people suspect Boromir. A gut feeling.

To say the truth, I'm extremely confused and would have already voted and gone away if I had a single person to suspect more than a little.

Now don't ask anymore questions, vote me better, just leave me alone while I think.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:28 AM   #75
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Why did you have to do that Mac? I have really tried not to be overly suspiciouse of you today. . .a thing I have a slight tendency of doing.

You go straight ahead and acuse me of posting a lot with out saying much, which is of course right. But I would hardly call it a just accusation, it was the start of the game, what was I supposed to write a long post about? I find it very weird that you chose to single me and Cel out, only Roa had posted anything of length at the time. . . I did post more than the others, but that was simply because I posted before thinking things through.

I guess now I will have to hear talks about me being over defencive, but if you have followed my recent history you will know that I have major issues with these kind of accusations and find them to be with very little merit.

Edit: Cross posted with Volo and Mith

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:41 AM   #76
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
The beggining of the first post is probably made up many hours before Lommy got herself in front of a computer. So it should be ignored the same way as any other first post in-character talk that doesn't mention anybody else.
Volo you are not helping your case here... maybe you know Loomy better than me, but why would the first part of the post be written before the game starts? I usually wait until I've read what has been said before making my first post... specially if I'm not around for the beginning of the day!!

no, this is all wrong... after we lynch Loomy we should go after you!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:50 AM   #77
Volo

Not writen... Made up in her head.
I myself usually write a short in-character thing in the beggining of my first post, because I find it funny.
All I'm trying to say is that it's a terrible reason to lynch somebody.

Well, I'm leaving now, for a few hours at least.

++Durelin

, for no reason at all.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:52 AM   #78
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I am very suprised about how sure you are that you have spottet two wolves already, Farael. . . Althought I can see how Volo is acting a bit strange, I do not see either of them to be very much more suspicouse than the rest of the people here. I guess you will write it down to your gut feeling.

I am not going to object to that kind of reasoning, after all I use it my self often. I still think it is odd how you are so sure. . .

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:55 AM   #79
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Not writen... Made up in her head.
I myself usually write a short in-character thing in the beggining of my first post, because I find it funny.
All I'm trying to say is that it's a terrible reason to lynch somebody.
Ok, then what about the OTHER reasons I mentioned? this is a really half-hearted defense... is she your wolf partner perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
I am not going to object to that kind of reasoning, after all I use it my self often. I still think it is odd how you are so sure. . .
You don't know me so well, do you?
Old 01-30-2007, 09:58 AM   #80
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Lal's response which I remarked before doesn't strike me the right way, but other than that she comes off as helpful and logical. Another odd thing is this:
Quote:

I don't know about Naria or Farael, but you should well know Mith is in your same timeframe. I don't like that comment. Don't think I can vote for her, but don't take that as I'm going to ignore you Miss Lal.
I was just responding to your early comment about 'detesting quiet villages' - which is a fair enough thing to say, but very strongly worded, and I simply thought it a little too early to be bringing up this loud/quiet thing. Now I know Mithalwen is also in my time zone, but I thought it a little odd that she had not commented so far as it was well into lunch time...however, I have absolutely no suspicions of Mithalwen right now and I am quite prepared that she may have been in a meeting.

Mithalwen is on my innocent list right now, as is Rune, who was quite endearingly eager last night to get into the game and who wisely pointed out the "trust nobody" line. Ang was gentlemanly without being florid so I place him here right now, and I may also place Eomer here at the moment as I'm prepared to accept him acting out of humour.

However I'm still wondering about this whole Gil-galad/Boro thing. Is it in fact one huge red herring set up by them? More analysis needed but like I say, I will trust my excellent gut feelings this time...