The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-10-2006, 03:04 PM   #201
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
One other thing about Eonwe-the poor chap's male. Careful, Macalaure, we two who have known feminisation would not wish to inflict it on another, eh?

As some of you may remember, I far prefer being accused of being an evil fiend (which implies a measure of sadistic cunning) to being a Cobbler (which implies blundering imbecility.) I am deeply hurt and shall weep by myself in the dunce's corner.

Or I would if it wasn't for Maria Callas. What a woman! Never thought she would be such brilliant Werewolf music! Perhaps the excitement her voice is causing in me is destroying my ability to reason, hence the Cobbler accusations...
Old 06-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #202
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ang would you rather I just call you a Penguin? Would that make you feel better?
Old 06-10-2006, 03:14 PM   #203
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Yep. Thanks Valier, I know I can always rely on you to cheer me up.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:16 PM   #204
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

That's all we need around here is a cheerful Penguin
Old 06-10-2006, 03:17 PM   #205
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I know I'm flooding, but where is everyone? There is only 4o minutes left!
Old 06-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #206
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Jenny Summary

Day 1

1st post - points out that the cobbler is useless with out penguins, asks everyone to move away from cobbler discussion, some in character nonsense, supposed nonsense accusation of phantom.

2nd - Second nonsense accusation of phantom, makes a point about her innocense, asks people to move away from gifted talk

3rd - response to Boromir's mild suspicion of her, says she's trying to move the village away from the cobbler talk to penguin catching, thanks Boromir from moving his focus from the cobbler to penguins, says she missed Diamond quote, thinks Diamond should know better, remark about work

4th - nonsense response to Kitanna's nonsense accusation

5th - Corrects Mac's math, says that we shouldn't assume randomness in equations, says we are capable of analyzing who might be innocent, and who isn't

6th - Says she may or may not be back before deadline, claims retractions, vote phantom for "innocense tests" and poor reasoning

7th - Thinks she'll leave her vote where it is, doesn't like Roa's analysis of Boromir, thinks it makes Roa suspicious

8th - Decides Roa's attack on Boromir makes her either penguin or cobbler, changes vote to Roa

9th - Question's Roa's statement about Ang's assumption of innocense

10th - Pops in after Lal is safe "Way to go, guys. I'd have helped, but I already used my retractable."

11th - Says she'll be quiet today, is slightly tipsy, thinks Boromir's reaction to Mac makes Mac suspicious

12th - Says she won't be around, votes Mac, sites Boromir's reaction as reason for vote

Analysis

Several things stand out to me on this (and feel free to say that I'm being nitpicky or seeing something that isn't there, but I don't promise to believe you. :P)

First, twice in a row she gives silly reasons for suspecting phantom, now known innocent. This would be ignorable as nonsense, except that she voted for him later, simply for using a test to look for innocents. The fact that she singled him out early on, and later voted for him , seems like she's slowly trying to find a reason to "get" him.

Second, Boromir started off by being mildly suspicious of her, then changed his mind later on and moved her to his "innocent" list. This could be some touch and go wolf interaction, trying to make each other looks good.

Third, in her fifth posts she says that we are capable of discerning innocents for ourselves with out being random, but in her sixth posts she votes for the phantom because he was trying to discern innocents.

Fourth, she turned on me as soon as I started an attack on Boromir, going so far as to declare me a penguin trying to make up a case for an innocent and question my statements about other players.

Fifth, her "popping in" just after Lal is safe to say, "Oh, I wish I could have helped, but, you know how it is..." seems fairly pointless. I was around, talking making suggestions, when my help was very limited- I had already voted for Boromir, so retracting to him would help, and I couldn't vote Kitanna after her reveal, so I couldn't help by retracting to her. Others, such as Kitanna, also stuck around, even though there was little or nothing they could do. To me, it seems she's trying to preempt suspicion for not helping.

Sixth, she "popped in" again, and voted for Mac, someone who is very unlikely to be lynched today. Seems like a safe vote.

Seventh, there are her attempts to turn the conversation away from the cobbler, which I've seen in another cobbler named SPM, who wanted the whole village to believe the cobbler was dead.

And finally, her statement about being innocent- the last time I saw her make this statement she was a newly turned wolf.

So, the conclusion this leads me to is that she is either fowl or faker. (Read: penguin or cobbler.)

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:24 PM   #207
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

My afternoon engagement was shorter than I expected, so here I am again. I skimmed the thread again, paying especial attention to Boro.

As you know, feelings about people generally change every time you reread, so here's my new suspect list.

1) Valier- See here for my suspicions.

2) Eonwe- In rereading, I just didn't like the way Boro talked about him, and then ignored him while grouping him with his innocents.

I think it is likely that either Val or Eonwe is a Penguin. Unfortunately, I have a suspicion that if we find one of the two guilty, the other is definitely innocent.

I also agree that it might be a waste to vote for Eonwe at this point seeing as he will possibly get slain by the Mods.

3) Jenn- See here for my suspicions.

I won't list any more suspicions right now. I don't want things to be too muddled.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:28 PM   #208
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
but I say if he doesn't want to vote or contribute for days that he be Mod-God killed.
Oi! Yes, its true I'm not a top poster, but that's no cuase for a mod-god lynching! And I do want to contribute, but am just bideing my time.

Mac, yes I'd thougt of B88's lists, and hoped nobody would notice that. It does put me in a bit of a pinch, but I can't really defend myself, as I don't know what was happening in Boromirs mind.
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:29 PM   #209
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Hum. I'm not really feeling any less tired now than earlier, and since I'm not particularly concerned about dying before the next Day, I'm going to wait till then to post my thoughts. Sorry, all. For now you'll just have to take my word for it that I'm not voting randomly...

++Valier
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #210
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe, you do realize that if you don't vote today, you'll be removed from the game, don't you?

Old 06-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #211
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Wei-irrd. This is not Firefoot as I know her. She's possessed by some wack Bacchic demon. Or something. Exams, perchance? Pneumonia? Unrequited love?
Old 06-10-2006, 03:32 PM   #212
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
JennyHallu

Seems mostly banter and in character. Makes a comment about the Cobbler being useless without werecreatures.

Strange, this opening line seems more like an opening post opening line, but it's her second post. She again directs a bit of banter tp's way. Then makes the comment about getting past gifted talk which was later described and debated over as being a conversation squelcher.

Denies the squelching accusation, elaborates a bit on her stance. Refers to a Diamond quote and me knowing better... I assume it was about me talking about the Seer letting us know about the Cobbler.

Just a bit of banter, in response to someone's quote (not credited) which seems to be accusing her of the avian-flu.

Points out a flaw in Mac's math and says it makes him seem suspicious.

Votes for tp, based on his comment about Mac being innocent for undisclosed reasons.

Now finds Roa suspicious due to her Boro analysis.

Follows through with a vote and enteres into the analysis/summary debate of Roa and Boro.

Continues to poke holes in Roa's quotes.

Quite conveinently states that she'd have helped save Lal but for her usage-uppage of her retractable quota. This does seem a bit suspicious, especially since the way she used her retractions was a bit careless. (I should talk, I know.)

Says she won't be around because she's... drunk. (Tsk!) Returns to her early suspicions of Mac citing Boro's trust of him as all the more reason to suspect him.

Votes along these lines.

Conclusion:

I feel that Jenny is either a very preoccupied ordo or the Cobbler.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:33 PM   #213
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Eonwe, you do realize that if you don't vote today, you'll be removed from the game, don't you?
But of course. That happenins in 28 minutes, too!
Old 06-10-2006, 03:34 PM   #214
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Hi all. Sorry for my absence. I've been packing all day getting ready to move(RL).

As you all know Day ones are horrible and for me at least, Day twos aren't much better . I have to say though that in light of all the analyses done on Jenny she does look rather evil at this point. I have played in a couple of games with her now and she usually has a lot more to say. I found myself un nerved by her "pop" up vote for Mac with little reasoning(also another thing that she doesn't do) She usally has really good reasoning behind her thoughts and votes. She also has played in the manner that she is now(whilst being a wolf). She is crafty and can pull off a good bluff. That in itself is why I will be voting for

++JennyHallu
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:35 PM   #215
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

And so I shall vote, for there are but twenty-five minutes left, now.

++Valier
Old 06-10-2006, 03:35 PM   #216
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Since you're the Seer, Lalaith, and are certain to die tonight, just let me know if you want me to change my vote to someone else. I think that you should be allowed to give an order of two if you wish simply because of your position and the fact that this is your last chance.

Of course, you might not want to have a say in this. It's possible such a decision might be dumped on me tomorrow as the lone proven innocent, and I can already tell you that I'm not looking forward to it. So I can understand if you'd rather not order us around. It's up to you. I'm just letting you know that I'm willing to vote with you if you request it.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #217
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Now we have three analyses of Jenny...

Wouldn't it be better if those who follow just refer to the first one and point out where they differ and what they can contribute to it?
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #218
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Just out of interest: does anybody sympathise with my lone Audrey Hepburn position on Diamond at all? Am I just a soapbox-dwelling madman?

If the answers to the two questions posed above are respectively no and yes, then...I'll be even more convinced I'm right...
Old 06-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #219
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

And so, I shall vote as well:

++Jenny

I'll do the analysis of Ang tonight, and post it first thing in the morning. I'm also going to do Naria. Just because she's a werewolf Ninja.

Current vote count

Valier: 3
Jenny: 3
Mac: 1
Diamond: 1

Valier is currently in the lead as she reached three votes first. Unless I left someone out.

EDIT: bunch of cross posts

Old 06-10-2006, 03:40 PM   #220
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I've cross-posted with just about everyone on this page. I see that Roa and I are thinking along somewhat the same lines with Jenny. I think she's being a bit too odd to be avian, but then, that could be bluffing. My money, for what it's worth, is on her having a penchent for cute shoes.

Eonwe, really, if you vote toDay just to stay alive, without any intention of truly participating, I will more than likely try my best to get you lynched tomorrow. Sorry to sound nasty about it, but you're just not helping the village with this behavior.

Right now, of the people I analyzed, I feel that Spawn's posts were the most Penguinesque. I would really like to vote for her, and frankly am only stopped by the fact that she's gone toDay. I'm not sure what the vote count is at so I supposed I ought to have a look at that.

Since I have time enough at last (yay for getting four analysis done in 3 hours!) and bit of OT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
Or I would if it wasn't for Maria Callas. What a woman! Never thought she would be such brilliant Werewolf music! Perhaps the excitement her voice is causing in me is destroying my ability to reason, hence the Cobbler accusations...
My Werewolfing serende of choice is often the music of Muse. It's so wonderfully dramatic and frantic and filled with hysteria that it does wonders for fueling the feelings of paranoia.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:41 PM   #221
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thanks Phantom.
Actually, I am not sure how to vote, as I have no definite suspects. I think many of you innocents feel the same, which is why it has been quiet today. It is always thus, I find, after being given a bit of concrete evidence, everything else seems so nebulous.
Here are my thoughts on those unknowns that remain. Of course, I have told you all I know for sure so they are only the thoughts of a clueless innocent. But at least you all know that they are honest opinions.
Anguirel - Roa_Aoife - amber/red. Do not lynch either of these people yet, as they are too useful as innocents. But they do worry me, so please watch them. Roa especially. She was a toss-up with phantom in “who to dream about”. I can easily envisage a scenario whereby a WP-Roa would spot my attack on a WP-Boro, and then go for him herself in order to create “a row” (always off-putting to onlookers, especially on Day One).
Diamond18 – Valier, Macalaure -- flickering green straight to red. One minute I think they’re guilty as anything, the next that they’re innocent as lambs. Which makes me think that one of them is the Cobbler.
Encaitare – red. I don’t know why, she hasn’t posted much, but I’m getting bad, callous vibes off this one. I’d vote for her today if there was any point.
Eonwe - amber. Contributes next to nothing – would a WP be so non-committed? One thing I don’t like, he seems very sure that he’s going to survive, as he is going to get a better handle “in the next few days.”
Naria – amber/red. Would a WP make so many careless mistakes? Well, yes, perhaps a WP Naria would, trying to combat the Ninja-Naria image.
No light, because I don’t have a handle on at all: dancing spawn of ungoliant - JennyHallu. Firefoot. Of the three, I find Firefoot the most suspicious and Spawn the least.

Oh, and I asked about whether to reveal or not, for a reason. It was obvious that I should reveal. I wanted to see who agreed. Ironically, it was only phantom who gave a free and frank reply along these lines.

As for my Logical Hunter point, posted earlier: this principle, going by yesterday’s voting, makes Di and Mac look quite good (both voted for innocents at a time when they looked like they were going to be lynched), also Ang, as he switched his vote to an innocent, trying to get them lynched….but Valier does not great, throwing her vote away at a crucial time on someone very unlikely to get lynched.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:45 PM   #222
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Just out of interest: does anybody sympathise with my lone Audrey Hepburn position on Diamond at all? Am I just a soapbox-dwelling madman?
I sympathise with you Ang, and don't think you are a soap-box dwelling madman.

(Or maybe I just said that out of a sadistic Skittlesque desire to drive you even more crazy.)

Thank you for the vote count, Roa. I think I may vote Valier, since both she and Jenny are looking bad, but I feel Jenny is more Cobbler material, and Valier has been more sneaky.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:47 PM   #223
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

So this looks pretty bad for me right now You are all being misled! I am an Ordo and you'll be wasting a day of Penguin catching!! Please rethink this! I would hate to die on the second night with barely a good reason why!
Old 06-10-2006, 03:48 PM   #224
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Oddly, Diamond guilty had crossed my mind a few times. The only problem is that I've never actually seen her guilty. Has she ever been guilty? If it'll make you feel better, I'll run up an analysis on her, too.

Old 06-10-2006, 03:48 PM   #225
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well in the interest of saving myself for one more day...

++JennyHallu
Old 06-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #226
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
I sympathise with you Ang, and don't think you are a soap-box dwelling madman.
Oh, come off it. The answer to that second question is obvious...after all, I support the Conservative Party...
Old 06-10-2006, 03:50 PM   #227
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Well, on the likely chance that my computer will thwart me within the next 10 minutes, I'll go ahead and vote now.

+ + VALIER
Old 06-10-2006, 03:51 PM   #228
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
All that has been said about Jenny has only supported my suspicions.

++ JENNYHALLU
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:52 PM   #229
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Oh, come off it. The answer to that second question is obvious...after all, I support the Conservative Party...
Oh fine then, put me down as a Yes/Yes.

Last edited by Diamond18; 06-10-2006 at 03:54 PM. Reason: missing word
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:54 PM   #230
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
I support the Conservative Party
*Don't* remind me. I may decide to change your light to red, just to annoy you. Ha ha.

Anyway, I'm not completely happy about this but I think that of the two leaders, Valier is the more suspicious so I will go with her.
++VALIER

Do we get to find out the Cobbler when s/he dies, btw?
Old 06-10-2006, 03:55 PM   #231
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The only people left to vote are Spawn and Lal, and Spawn isn't going to be here today. So

Jenny: 6
Valier: 6
Mac: 1
Diamond: 1

Unless there are retractions, then Jenny is hanged.

Edit Corss posted with Lal and adjusted accordinly.

Old 06-10-2006, 03:56 PM   #232
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Do we get to find out the Cobbler when s/he dies, btw?
Yes you will. All roles are revealed after the death... as it stands in the rules.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:57 PM   #233
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Goodbye, elves, and good luck, may the Valar watch over you.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:59 PM   #234
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Good bye, Lal. Well done, and thanks for your help.

Old 06-10-2006, 03:59 PM   #235
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Oh be a sport, Lalaith, I just yearn for the days when politics was a jolly good show and Asquith and Balfour had dinner together...I'm a very benevolent sort of voter.

Which is why I don't intend to seal any fates now...I'm really not convinced of the innocence or guilt of either Jenny or Valier. I would vote for Jenny before Valier, if you want my opinion, but in this case I'm sticking to my crumbling Crimean guns.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:00 PM   #236
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Jenny's death coming soon...

Elves stop voting.

The Day2 has ended.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #237
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Lalaith opened the discussion of the Day noting that she had dreamt of an innocent last night. Then she went on to quote tales of old, trying to explain the others her suspicios behavior the last Day.

“Lal, if you think the person is likely to end up lynched, reveal them. Otherwise, it might be pointless.”, said Roa, Elenwë’s personal Guard.

Elenw’ës personal Chamber Maid, Valier echoed the Guard: “I agree I think you should tell us Lalaith who the Ordo is unless they are gifted. That will clear up at least something.”

“Tell us, Lalaith.”, insisted Ecthelion's hotheaded nephew and personal squire the phantom.

Turgon’s nephew, Macalaure, was a bit more hesitant: “Lalaith, whether you reveal the innocent or not, I don't think we will rally around him/her. Could be the cobbler, after all.”

Lalaith came forwards: “You, my dear phantom, I dreamt of you last night, and as I seem to have your permission, I reveal this now.” So the phantom was the known innocent amongst them.

Maybe it was because of Kitanna’s body – tied to a chair by now and looking at them with empty eyes – but they all seemed to feel gloomy and nervous in her presence. But no one had any better ideas to come up with her either. So the discussion for the most of the Day went on quietly, reservedly and at best analytically, and at worst elves defending their actions the last Day. The general feeling was very different comparing to the first Day. Many were drawn to the old stories, remembering what different elves had done in similar kind of situations before and whose elders had been doing what.

Macalaure tried to sum up the general feeling by saying: “I think I like nights, if only there wasn't this, well, bloodshed at the end of it.” That note was received with total silence.

Anguirel, annoyed by this overall silence, tried to change the mood: “"Oh, and, my friends, generally, speak up. Today is so quiet I'm suspecting we've lost more than one Cartesian soul..." But it was clearly deemed to not be a funny Day.

There were some suspicion raised over certain elves and then those very same elves being defended by others. At last Jenny informed that she would retreat and vote for Macalaure. Soon after, Anguirel presented a case against Dimwe and voted for her.

Turgon’s herald, Eonwe dropped in, “I'm gonna have to wait a few days, perhaps, before I can form any real suspicions. I like to let the evidence build up and look for inconsistancies.”

After his announcement the phantom made a case against Valier and voted for her. Encaitare the standard bearer defended both Roa and Macalaure, of which Macalaure went on voting for Jenny with his reasonings. The feeling was getting more tense by the minute.

The civilised demeanour of the elves was maintained only with an effort: “Would anybody bother to explain to me what that shoemaker is about?”, asked Macalaure. “The cobbler is just another name for shoemaker,”, answered Valier immediately. “Thank you, Valier. I still suspect you, nevertheless.” Macalaure returned the comment. “As I you.”, Valier snapped back. The general feeling was bent on mutual suspicion.

Jenny saw the votes piling up on her at the late hour and thought to herself: Surely I will be more at my home with these charming penquins anyhow. I’m going to get away, to the sea with these elegant creatures! Silently she slipped through the Assembly Hall to the great doors and took out from the building. There was just the sea around the small island. How far could I swim?, she thought and measured her chances. Not far, but I could try! Maybe these gallant creatures will carry me away to their haven, to peace and tranquility with them!

My gift of being unseen by the others has betrayed me!, she thought as she jumped in to the icy cold waters and started to swim away from the island. She had just heard the other elves gotten worried about her absence. “Where is she?” called Macalaure. “We should lynch her!”, yelled Naria. The others were already pouring out from the building. “There she is! She’s trying to swim away!” yelled Roa, “Kill her!”, she shouted. All the elves ran to the shore. Valier and Encaitare were the first to reach the shore. They took their bows and shot them, hitting Jenny to her back. The red stain of blood was barely visible in the oncoming darkness of the night. Roa, Naria and Macalaure sent one more patch of arrows to make Jenny’s death a definitive fact. Jenny’s body floated on the waves. There were a couple of penguins around, starting to carry her body away from them, out of their reach. She hadn’t changed into anything, but clearly was taken care by the penguins far away.

“So, the conclusion this leads me to is that she is either fowl or faker”, said Roa, watching the body being carried away by the Penguins.

”I feel Jenny is more Cobbler material”, Diamond rephrased her last words on the subject.

The cobbler she sure was.

~ The Dead ~
Nogrod - a troubadour, singer – mod, blowed up in the Big Bang on Night1
Thinlómien - a troubadour, harpist – mod, blowed up in the Big Bang on Night1
Boromir88 - The Mouth of Turgon – werepenguin, cast into a gorge on Day1
Kitanna - servant who empties and cleans chamber pots – ranger, body and soul separated by Cartesian Dualism on Night 2
JennyHallu - An Embroiderer, lost, not related – cobbler, shot dead in to the sea on Day2

~ The Living ~
Anguirel - Lalwende's semi-canonical lutenist and Findis's demi-canonical flautist
dancing spawn of ungoliant - animals' dung cleaning specialist
Diamond18 - Dimwë the half-wit second cousin of Elenwë
Encaitare - A standard-bearer
Eonwe - Turgon's herald
Firefoot- Aredhel's friend
Lalaith - Aredhel's tutoress
Macalaure - Turgon's nephew and part-time-repentant kinslayer
Naria - Family's goat herder
the phantom - Ecthelion's hotheaded nephew and personal squire
Roa_Aoife - Elenwë's personal guard
Valier - Elenwe's personal chamber maid

Night 3 begins now.

Werepenguins start PMing.
Seer and the penguins send your picks to Nogrod.
Hunter feel free to change your mind when you wish to (send your possible new pick to Nogrod at any time).

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-10-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:00 PM   #238
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

“So Lady Elenwë has taken this tutoress of Aredhel to be her mouthpiece, yes?” asked the Master, but didn’t wait for an answer. “I know exactly what to do with her now. But if the Lady herself is involved, I'll have her hindered, just to see that she doesn’t interfere too much with the Plan. You should mind the other Elves, as that is your part of the deal. And this Lalaith in particular, she must be dealt with tonight” said the Master, leaving no room for dispute.
“Sure, Master. What should we do?” asked the Emperor. The Chinstrap had braved to meet the Master the first time and was frightenedly nodding in agreement to everything that was said.
"When speculation paints its gray on gray, then has a form of life grown old, and those clinging to it are mislead. And that’s good! The gray on gray cannot be rejuvenated, but only known; the Owl of Minerva first takes flight with twilight closing in. We shall not let these Elves to gain any other knowledge than that given to them afterwards”, the Master made a rhetorical pause here, but then continued, “Lady Elenwë plays a dangerous game letting her petty folk know things beforehand. That must not happen again! Let her little darling feel the claws of real Wisdom, the ones of the Owl of Minerva herself! You know the statue of the Owl at the Assembly Hall? Call it with its true name and it will do your bidding."
“Surely Master, surely”, the Emperor answered and bowed down. The Chinstrap thought it wise to mimic the Emperor’s gesture, and almost tumbled to its beak.
“Sorry...”, it muttered but was sharply beaked by the Emperor.
“We’ll go now, Master. We well see to the Owl”, the Emperor said.

----------------------

“Lalaith...”
She woke up, hearing again the familiar voice calling her.
“My lady Elenwë?” she asked softly and got up from her bed.
“Come to me now...”
Lalaith wrapped her cloak tightly around herself and stepped to the corridor. She could hear the Lady’s words though they were hardly louder than a whisper.
“Come, I’m here in the Hall... I found you your information...”
Quickly but silently Lalaith started to walk down the stairs.
She was halfway through the stairs when she saw the Lady Elenwë in the other end of the hall.
“I must run, Lalaith, but I can tell you that my guard, Roa_Aoife, is...”
Her voice was muffled by the screaming and the wingbeats of the parrot, who had suddenly appeared from nowhere. Elenwë couldn’t do anything but try to defend herself from the flapping wings and the sharp beak and claws. The parrot forced her to retreat to a side corridor. Lalaith tried to run to her, but only then she saw a small penguin at the end of the stairs, looking up to her cheerily. Lalaith stopped, horrified. “They say your name is Laughter...”, it chuckled. Lalaith’s heart was bumping ever faster in her chest.
“...let’s see if you can laugh at this”, continued another, colder voice from above her. Instinctively, she turned around to see the speaker. It was a penguin, too, a bigger and a more majestic one. It was standing at the top of the stairs, blocking her way back to her room. She was trapped.

Then she heard the loud and slow pounding of a huge pair of wings from above. The Owl of Minerva was gigantic. She had never seen a flying creature like that before. It fell upon her with a force that was far beoynd the strength of her slender being. It tore her eyes from their sockets with just one light grip of its talons. Lalaith screamed and fell down a couple of stairs. The pain was too much for her to be conscious of anything else. Before she could rise up the heavy wings were on her again. The Owl ripped the right half of her face off with its talons and simultaneously tore a terrible cut to her left side. Lalaith went down the remaining stairs and rolled to the floor just to receive the third and the final attack. The huge bird landed over her, leaving her beween its massive legs. It bowed slowly down to her, and then in a flash hit her breast with its beak, scavenging her heart out from her chest.
“True wisdom comes afterwards, not before”, noted the Emperor coming down the stairs.
“Splendid, indeed”, echoed the Chinstrap, grinning maliciously.
The Owl of Minerva hopped away from Lalaith’s motionless body and turned to a statue once again, watching over the Assembly Hall from near the main entrance with eyes of marble.
“That should be enough”, said the Emperor.
“Yay, cool guy, that owl”, affirmed the Chinstrap as they climbed up the stairs to reach their bedrooms before dawn.

--------------------------

“What a mess! And I have to clean all that, I suppose”, said spawn, the animals’ dung cleaning specialist, noting the organs spread on the stairs.
“Hey, there’s a body downstairs!” Naria said, agitated.
“It must be Lalaith...”, Firefoot said, her voice trembling.
“Or what’s left of her”, put in Dimwë the half-wit.

A few of the Elves dared to descend the stairs to the mauled corpse that had once been Lalaith. “This is as we feared. Her eyes have been pecked out. We have lost our Seer”, the phantom said, turning away from the appalling sight.

They heard a voice from high up above: “Breakfast-time. Breakfast, anybody?”

~ The Dead ~
Nogrod - a troubadour, singer – mod, blowed up in the Big Bang on Night1
Thinlómien - a troubadour, harpist – mod, blowed up in the Big Bang on Night1
Boromir88 - The Mouth of Turgon – werepenguin, cast into a gorge on Day1
Kitanna - servant who empties and cleans chamber pots – ranger, body and soul separated by Cartesian Dualism on Night2
JennyHallu - An Embroiderer, lost, not related – cobbler, shot dead in to the sea on Day2
Lalaith - Aredhel's tutoress – seer, blinded, mutilated and torn apart by the Owl of Minerva on Night3

~ The Living ~
Anguirel - Lalwende's semi-canonical lutenist and Findis's demi-canonical flautist
dancing spawn of ungoliant - animals' dung cleaning specialist
Diamond18 - Dimwë the half-wit second cousin of Elenwë
Encaitare - A standard-bearer
Eonwe - Turgon's herald
Firefoot- Aredhel's friend
Macalaure - Turgon's nephew and part-time-repentant kinslayer
Naria - Family's goat herder
the phantom - Ecthelion's hotheaded nephew and personal squire
Roa_Aoife - Elenwë's personal guard
Valier - Elenwe's personal chamber maid

Day3 has now begun.

Penguins stop PMing.
Everybody start discussing.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:04 PM   #239
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Time is not on my side, so today I can do little more than cast my vote and leave it to your trustful hands to analyse that recent bandwaggonry.

The unlucky one would be:

++ Eonwe

Eonwe and Valier both are on top of my suspects list. I pick Eonwe because, in the case I am wrong, the loss of an innocent Valier would be worse in my opinion than the loss of an innocent Eonwe.

By the way: 4 people died an none of them an ordo. What are the chances for that?
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:07 PM   #240
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

They killed Lalaith? I'm shocked!