The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Don't post here on 69.51.5.41!

Okay.

Sorry for the screaming header but I wanted to captivate your attention...

But it seems that the www.barrowdowns.com is in line with the front page of forum.barrowdowns.com (from which you can't navigate any further at the moment) and the newest posts change accordingly there. So there is a link between the two sites / entries.

Things posted here are not seen anywhere else but only here. So I'm afraid that everything posted here will stay only here and will not be seen in the forum after it is reopened...

I may be wrong but all indicates this is a separate (old) site that has a life of its own.

PS. Not that we shouldn't take the fun out of this as Rikae said...

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-08-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
It seems to me that the "www" Downs just got replaced by the "number" Downs. A new development in the war against technology?
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
It seems to me that the "www" Downs just got replaced by the "number" Downs. A new development in the war against technology?
That's true. I say we wait. It really seems the situation is that we can't trust anything. On the other hand, I'll be optimistic. Maybe this is a sign of change?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #4
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Is it wise to post anywhere at all?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #5
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Let us look on the bright side of things. I'm sure Hookbill will have an explanation for what's going on in next weeks Downer!

Even though this means we have to wait to play Legate's WW game.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I've noticed that The Barrow-Wight has been by here a few times since this cataclysm happened, as his name's showed up in "Who's Online", but I'm not sure why there hasn't been an announcement from him or the other admins yet. Surely the B-W ought to know about this already if he's been here since the problems happened?
Old 03-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #7
radagastly
Shade of Carn Dűm

radagastly is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The main site seems to be missing. "barrowdowns.com" used to yeild the main site, which could then be used to access the assorted games, encyclopedia, chat and the forum as a visitor (not signed in). Now it seems to reach the main page of the forum, and everything else seems to be gone. Even running a Google search and clicking on their link brings you to the forum, not the main page. What will I do without my "hanggobbit" or "Middle-Earth Magnets?"

I'm sure the Barrow Wight will provide an explanation eventually. Until then, you may wish to save your longer posts, just in case. I usually use Word for Spell-check on longer posts anyway. It just means saving them insteading of simply exiting when I'm finished.

. . .
And so, apparently, he now has explained it, just moments after this post.

Last edited by radagastly; 03-10-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: new information.
radagastly is offline   Reply With Quote