The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-28-2007, 12:54 PM   #81
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
Now, I don't want to be a pain, but am I the only one who thinks that adding an extra wolf is MUCH more of a disadvantage to the villagers than adding a couple extra villagers would be a disadvantage to the wolves?
That's what I was voting for *points up* I also believe so. But apparently, many people don't.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #82
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
If it was that difficult to nail a wolf, why would the villagers have won most of the games lately? I really wouldn't even mind if the wolves had a bit of an advantage this time, besides it forces the innocent to concentrate more and use their brains instead of treading the same old paths of thought....
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:05 PM   #83
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
You're no pain Farael. Indeed you are doing just the thing I had hoped people would hae done ie. coming forwards with ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
True, the wolves need to survive an extra day or two, but then they also have more people to hide among. The higher the amount of villagers, the less likely they'll stumble into a wolf by pure chance!!
But the more there are wolves the easier it is to stumble into one by pure chance...

And who plays with pure chance?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:09 PM   #84
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
But I'm kind of giving in a bit to the villagers and am bending towards putting the ranger in to help the seer. Thence the existence of the two gifteds will balance the fourth wolf.

Trust me. You are all good in playing this and the wolfspotting becomes easier Day by Day.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:13 PM   #85
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

btw. Lommy and the Might you should switch into invisible mode at some time soon... you can be seen now on Who's online...

I'm dealing a few last cards and will then start PMing your roles. I'll pick one ranger to begin with but will PM that person as the last if between now and then there emerges a strong reaction against the ranger. Then I will just inform her/him that s/he's an ordo.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:19 PM   #86
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
EDIT: I'll be Kuru Shrewthwacker
Am I the Shrew?
Old 11-28-2007, 01:31 PM   #87
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
But surely there's no hurry as the deadline is 1,5 hours from now? I just love seeing the green dot in my posts.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:37 PM   #88
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
If it was that difficult to nail a wolf, why would the villagers have won most of the games lately? I really wouldn't even mind if the wolves had a bit of an advantage this time, besides it forces the innocent to concentrate more and use their brains instead of treading the same old paths of thought....
But around summer I remember a trend of Wolves winning an annoying ammount of games in a row.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:48 PM   #89
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Er, yeah...

++ Four Wolves, Seer, Ranger

^ There's my vote.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:02 PM   #90
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay people, the roles have been sent and the game is about to start rolling. If someone has not received her/his role please PM me.

I'm going to update the Rules & Regulations in the game thread in a moment but here just to make clear the latest decisions.

- 4 wolves, a seer and a ranger.

- The seer has a dream already on Night1 - the wolves have no kill on Night1 (the moderator's blood will colour the grass as usual).

- Unlike in a few recent games the ranger can not defend her/himself which is the classical version of a ranger.

Night1 starts officially in an hour with a warm up narration but the wolves & the seer may feel free to get on with it right now if they wish.

Please check this thread every once in a while during the game as this is the place for announcements about absences etc.

Enjoy everyone!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:54 PM   #91
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh dear, this isn't good.

I have a trip I'm going on that starts Friday and ends Sunday, which means that I'll be missing most of Day 1. However, if the start of the game were to be rescheduled to about an hour or two earlier, I would have enough time to post for a little bit. I can delay leaving if I need to, but I'd rather not.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:55 PM   #92
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
Oh dear, this isn't good.

I have a trip I'm going on that starts Friday and ends Sunday, which means that I'll be missing most of Day 1. However, if the start of the game were to be rescheduled to about an hour or two earlier, I would have enough time to post for a little bit. I can delay leaving if I need to, but I'd rather not.
At least you'll solve your main problem: you don't get lynched on Day 1

..maybe
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-28-2007, 03:57 PM   #93
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Um, oops. It loooks like Night One has already begun, so I guess Day One is a full 24 hours earlier than I thought. Well, that's good for me.

Er, maybe not so good, considering what has been said...
Old 11-28-2007, 04:28 PM   #94
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Hmmm...so worried about going...probably a wolf.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:54 PM   #95
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might View Post
Hmmm...so worried about going...probably a wolf.
Let's not make these comments, please.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:27 AM   #96
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sorry for this incovinience.
As the smiley behind that shows I meant it as a joke and not in any way as a serious comment.
I'll try avoiding making any comments about the game outside the main thread.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:00 PM   #97
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dűm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Looks like I missed the boat on this one... Thanks for inviting me to play, Nogrod, and I'm very sorry I didn't get back to you sooner about my "maybe". I'll absolutely be on board for the next one. Have fun, all!
Old 11-30-2007, 01:49 PM   #98
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I do hope to see you soon Azaelia! This train just started rolling quite fast...

We, that is Greenie, Lommy & myself share the same computer today so I may be a minute late whistling the Day off - and I can only get into properly looking at the Day's events after that (I've read things over Lommy's & Greenie's shoulder only this far). So the narration may take a little time as I need to start it from scratch.

If it seems to take time more than half an hour I'll reveal the role of the dead before the narration...
Old 11-30-2007, 04:04 PM   #99
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Gst, Cmt... Pst?

Sorry folks, due to a timezone mishap (and a lab report that took longer than what I expected) I completely missed day one. I thought I had two hours, as it turns out I was an hour late xD

Just wanted to let y'all know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth (yet).
Old 12-01-2007, 11:07 AM   #100
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Due to an illness I've had to deal with, I wound up cancelling my planned trip over the weekend, so I'll be starting at the usual time today, assuming I'm still alive.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:58 PM   #101
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Im sorry, everybody, but something's come up and I'm going to have to drop out of the game. My sincerest apologies to everyone, and I wish I could stay - I hope to play with you all again soon.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:55 PM   #102
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Im sorry, everybody, but something's come up and I'm going to have to drop out of the game. My sincerest apologies to everyone, and I wish I could stay - I hope to play with you all again soon.
Hope everything's okay, luv.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:30 AM   #103
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Im sorry, everybody, but something's come up and I'm going to have to drop out of the game.
That's too sad indeed. I do hope as well it's nothing bad.

Quote:
I hope to play with you all again soon.
See you soon!
Old 12-02-2007, 01:55 AM   #104
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry to hear that Rikae. Hope everything's going okay dearie.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:56 AM   #105
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Hey, I absolutely missed that... I hope everything is alright.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:57 AM   #106
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sorry to see you go, Rikae. I echo everyone above me and hope everything's all right.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:00 AM   #107
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Thanks everyone - don't worry, it's nothing bad.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:08 AM   #108
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Oh, Rikae, what a pity. But good that you say it is not anything bad. As everyone, hope to see you some other time in WW!
Old 12-02-2007, 08:34 AM   #109
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Sorry to hear that, hope to see you soon in WW!
Old 12-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #110
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
All players please read!

As a mod I feel I need to post this:

There has been a few posts which I have noticed contain unnecessary asterics. Please remember that this is a family friendly site. Words which can be easily understood despite the asterics or adding what it means when the asterics appear is not acceptable. I have not edited them, yet. I request that those who have done these posts please edit them on their own. If you have quoted those posts please try to clean it up as well.

Please follow these rules laid out for us. I thank you all.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:38 AM   #111
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
As a mod I feel I need to post this:

There has been a few posts which I have noticed contain unnecessary asterics. Please remember that this is a family friendly site. Words which can be easily understood despite the asterics or adding what it means when the asterics appear is not acceptable. I have not edited them, yet. I request that those who have done these posts please edit them on their own. If you have quoted those posts please try to clean it up as well.

Please follow these rules laid out for us. I thank you all.

I may not be a child, nor do I have children, but I wholeheartedly agree. Thanks for posting that Morm, you read my mind.

Okay the actual reason for my post. My internet's acting up really bad the last couple days, so if I go quiet or if I can't post or vote please be patient, as I'll do the best I can.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #112
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

An announcement.

Legate will act as a co-mod on Friday and will end the Night5 (eg. open the Day5).

So please wolves do PM your pick also to Legate of Amon Lanc on Night5 - so not toNight but the next.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:17 AM   #113
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I and Aganzir will miss Day5 (if we're still alive, that is), because we are on our friend's summer cottage for the whole weekend. Our friend might be kind enough to take her laptop there and allow us to pop in and vote, but in any case, you can expect only minimal participation of us...
Old 12-06-2007, 02:32 PM   #114
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'm sharing the computer with Lommy today again so I can only read things over her shoulders at these last hours.

I'll try to end the Day in time and hope you will send your votes in time as well.

The narration will take a few minutes once again but I think it will be in half an hour - 40 minutes...

Sorry.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:25 PM   #115
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I just realized that I'll be away probably the whole Day5. Three players gone at this stage. Do you think it would be anyhow possible to move Day5 24 hours later?
Old 12-06-2007, 05:54 PM   #116
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay.

There are now 10 people in the game. After this Night there will be 9 of which three will be wolves.

We seem to have 3 people offline the Day5 - even if there's a possibility both Lommy and Aganzir may have a chance to at least skim the thread and vote and Volo says "probably".

So what say you others?

I'd say we just go on and take it as world bringing it down on us.

I wouldn't take on the topic otherwise but as we have a possible third of the village offline on Day5 I'm now ready to hear your calls.

To make it confidental I'd like to hear your views by PM - this far it has only been the would be "offliners" who have taken this up in the thread. DO NOT SPEAK YOUR MINDS HERE IN THE THREAD!

If there are 3 of you who are not away on Day5 and who wish to postpone the Day I will do it.

But you'd need to PM me before 15.30PM GMT as after that I will not be online myself (and Legate is supposed to start the Day).

So if there are 3 PM's in my inbox before 15.30 PM GMT which say let's postpone the Day5 I will do it and if not the Day will go on as usual.

Follow the thread...

~*~

Legate: I will inform you about the situation tomorrow!

PS: I'd like to get the no-votes as well...

Last edited by Nogrod; 12-06-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:06 AM   #117
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

You have an half an hour to vote for the postponement of Day5...

Just to inform you (and yes that's a bad deadline but I'm definitively offline after half an hour).
Old 12-07-2007, 09:30 AM   #118
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Important announcement!

Day5 will be postponed with 24 hours.

Day5 will start at 9PM GMT on Saturday 8th of December.

Wolves take your time... ordinary Shirefolk concentrate.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #119
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I promised Lommy to give you an announcement that Lommy and Aganzir will come back from their friend's cottage on Sunday afternoon GMT (+2) and will take part on Day5 only at the late hours.

Well... that obviously applies only to Aganzir now...