The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-29-2007, 02:43 PM   #81
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. There is about an hour to the official starting time. I may start the Day today a bit earlier as I'm getting pretty tired after a hard weekend...

I will not use the questionnaire so extensively as I first thought as I've had some second thoughts on it. I will be revealing the results of the poll in the end of the game anyhow.

If someone still wishes to add an occupation there is something like an half an hour time to do that.

Good luck and have fun!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #82
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Sorry. The narration got a little out of hand...

I'll try to be shorter on the following Days / Nights...

BTW. The Day started roughly at the right time.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:28 PM   #83
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Because of my work schedule (and me getting off work just as the day ends/starts) I'll be voting early, likely 7 AM my time, or 12 PM GMT. There is a very slim possibility that I might show up during the last hour, but don't hold your breath.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:59 AM   #84
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
My attendance is going to be very sporadic today as I have 6 lectures and cheerleading. I'll get about 3 hours on here altogether but at different times. My vote will probably be pretty early too though I might be able to get on for the deadline.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:38 AM   #85
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I won't be very much around toDay (Day1) as I have the famous lack of net-access, and I'm currently having the exam week, which means only few hours at school, no crafty breaks and not too much time to idle on the computer after school. Anyway, that only goes for toDay, since I will be spending the end of the week and the week-end in Noggie's place, which fortunately has a net access.

Means early voting too.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:56 PM   #86
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Since Lal has mentioned it - I was in the pub actually at lunchtime .. took the aged parent out since like so many serving girls I am currently "resting" from my normal employment. I couldn't get a library computer before but managed half an hour straight after and am now ensconsed in the cybercafe. I may be around more than I would have been since I didn't have access at my terminated assignment but it will be a bit unpredictable since I am reliant on the library with restricted availability until I get to the Cybercafe. Things may change since I hope a new assignment will come soon...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:22 PM   #87
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
So I just wanted to say that I work 8-5 in GMT -5 which makes it hard to be here. In case anyone is wondering.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:34 PM   #88
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
okay, just to get this out of the way

i have school 5 days a week, and i am there for 6 hours straight, so that is the reason why i may barely post because i am only on during morning and evening, i just want to state this and get the whole "he barely posts" factor out of the lynching because the past games i have indeed been lynched for being "quiet"

so to make the game fairer for myself, i just want people to listen to this and remember when writing against me.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:45 PM   #89
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Sorry my friends. The latest narration isn't the shortest one either, but there were such a host of things going on - and everything has not even been reported...
Old 01-31-2007, 04:11 PM   #90
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
*pouts* Aww, I was hoping to be around longer. I don't believe I've ever been a Night 1 kill before. This sucks. WHY COULDN"T YOU PEOPLE SUSPECT ME MORE?!?!

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:16 AM   #91
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
*pouts* Aww, I was hoping to be around longer. I don't believe I've ever been a Night 1 kill before. This sucks.
That happens even to the best of us...

Actually, when I think of it, especially for the best of us.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:08 PM   #92
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Notice about the Day2 ending.

The Day ends at the actual time ie 10PM GMT sharp.

I might not be able to stop the discussion in time as Lommy uses the very same computer as I myself and she surely has the priority right to my Day-ending stuff as she actually plays.

The narration may be a bit late too but I'll post the basic information as soon as I can...

Sorry. But it's still also lovely to have your daughter play your game in your place...
Old 02-01-2007, 04:08 PM   #93
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Peculiar to miss the deadline on Day 2 again...this time the trouble was technical lapse rather than an abysmal memory...
Old 02-03-2007, 01:56 PM   #94
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

As it seems that the votes are coming in somewhat slowly - and I understand why is that - the ending of the Day may be hard to get in time and the narration may be a bit later than usual...

We share a PC with Lommy again and of course she has the right to take the computer up to the deadine as she's the one playing.

I still hold on to the world clock and will not consider any votes given after 10PM GMT even though I might not be able to send in a message cutting the discussion at the right minute.

The narration will come pretty soon after it, but possibly a bit later than the previous Days as I can only start writing it after everything's over...
Old 02-03-2007, 04:16 PM   #95
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
1420!

That was just excellent you flippin' lot!

Seriously, I really enjoyed that! It was quite stressful at times having to use my brain so much but superb fun! A virtual pint for you all (or a real one if we meet, remember that!).

Didn't think I was going to get on at all this evening but it was worth it!
Old 02-04-2007, 08:46 AM   #96
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Notice!

I may not be able to end Day4 in time.

Macalaure will be doing it in that occasion. So he has the authority to end the voting and will reveal you the identity of the one you will lynch.

I may be able to do that myself, but I'm doubting it enough to have asked Macalaure to help me out with it.

So Macalaure coming in toMorrow is perfectly legitimate and right. Obey him!
Old 02-05-2007, 02:29 AM   #97
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'm back school, back exam week, back home with no net access... so I won't be as vocal as I was on Days 2 & 3, about as quiet as on Day1... But if there's a toMorrow and I'm still alive, I'll be a bit more active than toDay since I don't have an exam week anymore...
Old 02-05-2007, 05:20 PM   #98
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

I apologize for missing the vote today...my computer must of had a virus. It crashed and I had to trash everything and re-install it all. Hopefully it's good now. Again sorry for missing the vote.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:33 PM   #99
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

The game has ended!

All the information came in early and I have to wake up at six tomorrow (the actual deadline being midnight here) so thence the early ending. The village has won... Check the thread for deatails and/or any after-game comments.

PS. a short epilogue to deal with the fate of the village is coming there soon.