The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2017, 03:24 PM   #161
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Tbh Nogrod getting the two first votes like that makes him seem more innocent and those who voted him look guilty. It's like the evil team is setting him up for an easy lynch and I don't like it. If we have a choice, I'd rather not empower a vote for him.

As for Mith potentially being a visitor - which would be nice - well, the thing I personally hope the living would do would be looking at the whole picture. Thinking of possible teams. Thinking who can realistically be the evil wizard. There are not that many options that are very likely.

And that we should probably stop this empowerment communication soon because it's getting dangerous and it doesn't help us so much.

Edit: xed with the last four posts
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:25 PM   #162
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Bungs my Boro theory. But Lal is deffo something IMO she was fishing for my vote but I didn't think it appropriate to post it in the circumstances.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:26 PM   #163
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Tbh Nogrod getting the two first votes like that makes him seem more innocent and those who voted him look guilty. It's like the evil team is setting him up for an easy lynch and I don't like it. If we have a choice, I'd rather not empower a vote for him.
I'm guessing the wolves have written him off as too suspicious to save, and are trying to get him lynched so that they can pick a fourth wolf toNight before the Weeeeeezard's Dueeeeel.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #164
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Nog could be a bandwagon vote of wolves OR could be two innocents voting Nog and when it backfires the wolves can point at the innocents. If they last that long.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #165
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
And that we should probably stop this empowerment communication soon because it's getting dangerous and it doesn't help us so much.
Well, it doesn't help us in the slightest. But how much does it help the living?

I guess we do need to go ahead and let them know Lottie's innocent.
So, would that lead us to Shasta or Sally?

x/d with last three
Old 07-17-2017, 03:37 PM   #166
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Well, it doesn't help us in the slightest. But how much does it help the living?

I guess we do need to go ahead and let them know Lottie's innocent.
So, would that lead us to Shasta or Sally?

x/d with last three
We could also empower Boro's vote for Legate. I'm feeling better about Boro, especially with his vote post, and much much worse about Legate, so I'd be down for that.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:40 PM   #167
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
We could also empower Boro's vote for Legate. I'm feeling better about Boro, especially with his vote post, and much much worse about Legate, so I'd be down for that.
Whatever the consensus. Boro's definitely being weird, but it's hard to tell if it's an evil-weird.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:40 PM   #168
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
I'm back! And very suspicious of everyone.
Hard same
Old 07-17-2017, 03:44 PM   #169
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sally doesn't post til last minute and given she took and lost her dare with Kuru doesn't take voting seriously. I would prefer not to empower her on the whole.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:45 PM   #170
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Sally doesn't post til last minute and given she took and lost her dare with Kuru doesn't take voting seriously. I would prefer not to empower her on the whole.
I agree. So I think the question is, who do we *want* to see lynched? If Nog, then we have to chose Nerwen. If Legate, we can choose between Shasta and Boro. I'm happy either way, but I might be leaning towards Shasta or Boro, if only because I don't want to send the message that we trust Nerwen at all.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:46 PM   #171
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I agree. So I think the question is, who do we *want* to see lynched? If Nog, then we have to chose Nerwen. If Legate, we can choose between Shasta and Boro. I'm happy either way, but I might be leaning towards Shasta or Boro, if only because I don't want to send the message that we trust Nerwen at all.
Concur.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:47 PM   #172
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

From Shasta's latest, he might be following Boro anyway with his vote.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:59 PM   #173
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

For the record my vote last night was for Legate. I was spoilt for choice but I always feel it wolfy if people say stuff that isn't really true about you. I wasn't a submarine and to be bracketed with absentees. I was so hacked off with all the filibustering and then all those who had discussed the "plan" decided I was iffy....

But that is moot..

Old 07-17-2017, 04:05 PM   #174
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I'm happy with empowering Shasta, assuming he actually does vote for Legate. I'm heading home from work, but I'll be back before (and at) DL, so I'm going to hold off on voting for him until I get back, in case he decides to switch it up while I'm away.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:07 PM   #175
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I'm happy with empowering Shasta, assuming he actually does vote for Legate. I'm heading home from work, but I'll be back before (and at) DL, so I'm going to hold off on voting for him until I get back, in case he decides to switch it up while I'm away.
To make it easy on Kuru, we've been trying to not make our deal mesh too closely with the Living action. By 30 minutes or so til DL should be ok.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:23 PM   #176
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
++Shasta

I'm too tired and barely staying awake. Y'all make some good points.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:32 PM   #177
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Still in the middle of thinking about the empowerment vote (and yes I wanted to be off to bed half an hour ago but as Nog says we were watching Game of Thrones at his place and we kinda got stuck there ) and in the middle of reading the game thread, but feeling better about Lalaith and especially Eomer. Judging just by who the EW "should" have picked I'd look really long and hard at Lalaith, Nerwen and Brinniel, maybe Eomer too. Then again, the GW also gets to pick people...
Old 07-17-2017, 04:35 PM   #178
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Also Nogrod seems more innocent to me now (and Brinniel less so).

I don't really suspect either Nogrod or Legate so it kinda sucks those are probably our empowerment options...
Old 07-17-2017, 04:35 PM   #179
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Hmm. Lal's last actually makes me more wary of her.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
I've been putting the pieces of the jigsaw together in different ways and here's a quartet of evil that might fit together: Eomer, Eonwe, Shasta and Boro.

When I make Nogs a baddie, fewer pieces fit.

What is depressing is that even if Lottie was evil the EW could have made another wolf last night instead.
I feel very worried about our prospects, innocents.
That last bit: totally unnecessary.

x/d with Lommy
Old 07-17-2017, 04:37 PM   #180
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

And I've been feeling rather good about Brinn.

Yet another indication that we Demised are nearly as clueless as the Living.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:44 PM   #181
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I don't see a problem with empowering Sally. Mathematically we're as likely to accidentally cause a tie regardless of when the empowered person votes, and I would consider it a bonus to empower someone who might not vote at all, sice it still communicates our message but doesn't increase the risk of causing a tie as much.

Obviously someone who actually suspects Nogrod or Legate might see the situation differently. I'm not sure they're innocent or anything but I'm currenty much more worried about Nerwen and Brinniel, and possibly Lalaith.

But yeah maybe empower Shasta (or Boro) rather than Nerwen. We don't trust her and Legate is a bit fishier in my book than Nogrod.

I have hard time seeing the innocents winnng this game. I guess that it's good that I'm dead so I don't have to feel guilty about having such a loser attitude.

Important question: Kuru, if the dead players' empowerment vote ends in a tie, does no one get empowered or what happens?

edit: xed with Zil
Old 07-17-2017, 04:50 PM   #182
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

A tie would actually be sort of beneficial if the alternative is an innocent....
Old 07-17-2017, 04:51 PM   #183
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Nothing happens in case of a tie in either thread.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:53 PM   #184
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I don't see a problem with empowering Sally. Mathematically we're as likely to accidentally cause a tie regardless of when the empowered person votes, and I would consider it a bonus to empower someone who might not vote at all, sice it still communicates our message but doesn't increase the risk of causing a tie as much.
Personally, I don't at all mind empowering one who isn't likely to affect the lynch, if only because I feel rather in the dark about the pack.

Quote:
Obviously someone who actually suspects Nogrod or Legate might see the situation differently. I'm not sure they're innocent or anything but I'm currenty much more worried about Nerwen and Brinniel, and possibly Lalaith.
Brinn just hasn't been pinging my radar, but there's no reason whatever that I'm not completely fooled.

Quote:
But yeah maybe empower Shasta (or Boro) rather than Nerwen. We don't trust her and Legate is a bit fishier in my book than Nogrod.
I'm fine with Sally, Shasta, or Boro.

Quote:
I have hard time seeing the innocents winnng this game. I guess that it's good that I'm dead so I don't have to feel guilty about having such a loser attitude.
Yeah, over here the pressure's off, but it's still frustrating not to have gotten a baddie (unless by some sorcery you, Mith, or Morsul are).

x/d with Morsul and Kuru
Old 07-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #185
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuru
Nothing happens in case of a tie in either thread.
Thanks. Let's try to avoid a tie then, okay?

And btw, if Mith you are a visitor, maybe don't tell the living the rule clarifications we've got here? It's kinda beneficial if he evil team doesn't for example know that the empowerment is announced regardless of whether the person votes or not. (So they might currently work on false assumptions and place a person unlikely to vote in a communication category that suits them, thinking we won't dare pick that person for empowerment in case s/he doesn't vote.) It might be a stretch but I feel like that piece of information would be more valuable to the evil team than the good team.

++Sally

for empowerment. My second choice would be Shasta, then Boro, then Nerwen. But I trust you guys not to make this a tie either way. Good night!

Ps. My participation tomorrow might be quite limited, but I'll do my best.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #186
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Meh, I don't want to wait til the last minute, but I'm afraid that's what the Living are going to do.

I don't particularly trust Sally or Shasta, but I don't really distrust them either.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:11 PM   #187
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Meh, I don't want to wait til the last minute, but I'm afraid that's what the Living are going to do.

I don't particularly trust Sally or Shasta, but I don't really distrust them either.
I'm at least comfortable empowering either of them.

I really wish someone were voting for Nerwen or Lalaith...I'm just about convinced the two of them are evil. I think at least one of Nog and Legate are as well, maybe both, with someone like Brinn or Boro potentially taking up the last spot. But this is not going super well for us, no matter how you look at it.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:15 PM   #188
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I really wish someone were voting for Nerwen or Lalaith...I'm just about convinced the two of them are evil. I think at least one of Nog and Legate are as well, maybe both, with someone like Brinn or Boro potentially taking up the last spot.
Well, Shasta was saying Legate was dodgy, and that he agreed with Boro, who voted for him.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:19 PM   #189
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Well, Shasta was saying Legate was dodgy, and that he agreed with Boro, who voted for him.
Any objections to my voting Shasta for empowerment? If I do, it'll be two for him, and you and Mith would have to both vote for Sally to avoid a tie, so I wanted to double check before hand.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:21 PM   #190
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Any objections to my voting Shasta for empowerment? If I do, it'll be two for him, and you and Mith would have to both vote for Sally to avoid a tie, so I wanted to double check before hand.
I can go with Shasta. I can't stick around til DL anyway.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:22 PM   #191
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I can go with Shasta. I can't stick around til DL anyway.
Cool with me.

++Shasta
Old 07-17-2017, 05:22 PM   #192
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

++Shasta
Old 07-17-2017, 05:24 PM   #193
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

++Shasta

Best bet on whole

Old 07-17-2017, 05:43 PM   #194
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

So Nog is going after Nerwen, as far as I can remember, out of nowhere, as he is on the chopping block...trying to distance her now that he's at risk of being revealed?
Old 07-17-2017, 05:45 PM   #195
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
So Nog is going after Nerwen, as far as I can remember, out of nowhere, as he is on the chopping block...trying to distance her now that he's at risk of being revealed?
If Nerwen does turn out to be evil, I want flowers on my grave too.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #196
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
If Nerwen does turn out to be evil, I want flowers on my grave too.
Flowers all around, we dead are great at this.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:47 PM   #197
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Also, I hope they remember that we're going to empower someone, or else we could see an accidental tie
Old 07-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #198
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Deadline

Deadline has come...for what that's worth here...
Old 07-17-2017, 06:02 PM   #199
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ah so our empowering didn't do anything but that's ok if they're wrong they can't blame us.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:15 PM   #200
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots NIGHT Five

The residents were very busy indeed today!

They spent much time pondering questions regarding the nature of their existence and were keenly interested in the doings of the world of the Living. So much so as there were no puns this DAY.

They summoned their powers to make an impact!!!!

And...well, maybe they did in a way.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH...."I've never been so happy"....HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*plop*

And at long last Boromir88 achieved the state of which he had so long dreamed and so long wished to attain!

Would it do anybody any good, though? That was the question.

Living
Nerwen
Shastanis Althreduin
satansaloser2005
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Lalaith
Legate of Amon Lanc
Eönwë
Nogrod
Brinniel

The Dead
Morsul the Dark