The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #14401
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
By the way, glad to see you back, Guinevere.

O

'---/ ----/ -----/?' ... '---/ ---/! ---/ ---/ -/ -o--o----/ --/? -/ -----/ ----/ ---/ o----/ ------/ -o/ o--/! ---/ -o-/ ------/ -----/ --o--/ ---/ ----/ --/.'
Old 07-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #14402
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
E's, if you will.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #14403
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Indeed! Actually, it was funny, when Guinevere asked for O's, I started thinking about how you would ask for E's soon, probably, so I started filling out the E's before the O's! It was funny.

EO

'--e/ ----/ -----/?' ... '---/ -e-/! ---/ ---/ -/ -o--o--e-/ --/? -/ -----/ --e-/ ---/ o--e-/ ------/ -o/ o--/! ---/ -o-/ ---ee-/ -----/ --o-e/ ---/ -e--/ --/.'
Old 07-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #14404
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Indeed! Actually, it was funny, when Guinevere asked for O's, I started thinking about how you would ask for E's soon, probably, so I started filling out the E's before the O's! It was funny.
"Probably"???

(Well, true, maybe a couple times I asked for T's instead of E's...)

But it is pretty funny.

Anyways, may I have some N's, please?
Old 07-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #14405
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

ONE

'--e/ ----/ -----/?' ... '---/ -e-/! ---/ ---/ -/ -o--o--en/ --/? -/ -----/ --en/ ---/ o--e-/ ------/ -o/ o--/! -n-/ no-/ -n-ee-/ -----/ --one/ --n/ -e--/ --/.'
Old 07-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #14406
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

A please!
Old 07-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #14407
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dűm

MCRmyGirl4eva has just left Hobbiton.
R S T L N E ! Then it's Palantir of Fortune!
Old 07-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #14408
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm confused.

I'll take the first letter - "R" - and add that to my collection.

NO EAR

'--e/ --ar/ --a--/?' ... '---/ -e-/! ---/ -a-/ -/ -or-o--en/ --/? A/ -----/ --en/ a--/ o--er/ ------/ -o/ o--/! An-/ no-/ -n-ee-/ -----/ a-one/ -an/ -e--/ --/.'
Old 07-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #14409
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

S's pleasssse.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #14410
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

NO EARS

'--e/ s-ar/ --a ss/?' ... '---/ -es/! ---/ -a-/ -/ -or-o--en/ --/? A/ -----/ --en/ a--/ o--er/ -----s/ -o/ o--/! An-/ no-/ -n-ee-/ -----/ a-one/ -an/ -e--/ -s/.'
Old 07-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #14411
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Hmmm... T's, how about?
Old 07-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #14412
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

NO TEARS

'T-e/ star/ --a ss/?' ... '---/ -es/! ---/ -a-/ -/ -or-otten/ -t/? A/ ----t/ --en/ a--/ o--er/ ----ts/ -o/ o-t/! An-/ no-/ -n-ee-/ ----t/ a-one/ -an/ -e--/ -s/.'
Old 07-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #14413
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

It should have clicked earlier...

"The star-glass?" muttered Frodo... "Why yes! Why had I forgotten it? A light when all other lights go out! And now indeed light alone can help us."

Shelob's Lair, TTT. Frodo to Sam.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #14414
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Correct! Your go.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #14415
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

"-- / ------ / -- / ---------- /," said someone. "---- / -- / --- / -- / ---- / ------- / -- / ---- /. -- / ---- / --- / ---- / -- / -- / --------_------ /; --- / -- / --- / ----- / -- / -- / --- / ---- / -- / ---- / --- / ------- / --- / ----- /."

The underscore is a dash.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #14416
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dűm

R S T L N E (Please somebody understand it)
Wheel Of Fortune give you those letters and then you start guessing letters.
I would know, my grandmother watched it all the time
Old 07-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #14417
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
let's start with A
Old 07-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #14418
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

"-- / ------ / -- / -------a-- /," said someone. "--a- / -- / --- / -- / -a-- / ------- / -- / ---- /. -- / ---- / --- / ---- / -- / -- / -a------_-a---- /; --- / -- / a-- / ----- / -- / -- / --- / ---- / -- / ---- / --- / -a-a---- / --- / ----- /."

MCR, I looked it up, and these are the most commonly asked letters in Wheel of Fortune. But I still can't understand what you are trying to say. Here you only ask 1 letter at a time.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #14419
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dűm

White Tree

Yeah, I know. R-S-T-L-N-E; those are the five letters that they automatically give the person who reaches the bonus round. Then, they let you guess three consanants and a vowel, then you have to hazard a guess in under 30 seconds.

I know that you only guess one letter here; I was merely hoping somebody would appreciate the joke.

Now, the most commonly used letter in the English language: E

Sorry if I confused anybody, though. I just had to have a little laugh.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #14420
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

*high-fives MCR* E's are the way to go!

EA

"-- / -----e / -e / ---e---a-- /," said someone. "--a- / -- / --- / -e / -a-e / -e---e- / -- / ---e /. -e / ---- / --e / ---- / -- / -- / -a------_-a--e- /; --- / -e / a-e / ----- / -- / -- / --- / -e-- / -- / -e-- / --- / -a-a---- / --e / E-e-- /."
Old 07-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #14421
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dűm

*misses the high five due to severe lack of hand-eye coordination and gets smacked in the face by Galadriel 55* Well, that went well. LOL.

any R's?
Old 07-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #14422
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

*apologizes profoundly for the bruise on MCR's face*

ARE

"-- / ---r-e / -e / ---er--a-- /," said someone. "--a- / -- / --- / -e / -a-e / -e---e- / -- / ---e /. -e / ---- / --e / R--- / -- / -- / -a------_-a--er /; --- / -e / are / ----- / -- / -- / --r / -e-- / -- / -e-- / --- / -a-a---- / --e / E-e-- /."
Old 07-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #14423
crescendo.
Animated Skeleton

crescendo. has just left Hobbiton.
*Hugs Driel for assulting little sister* Don't worry about it... no real damage done.. in fact she looks better

May I have an H please?
- Chris Colfer
crescendo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #14424
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

HARE

"-- / ---r-e / -e / ---er--a-- /," said someone. "-ha- / -- / -h- / -e / ha-e / -e---e- / -- / ---e /. -e / ---- / -he / R--- / -- / -- / -a--h---_-a--er /; --- / -e / are / ----- / -- / -- / --r / -e-- / -- / he-- / --- / -a-a---- / -he / E-e-- /."
Old 07-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #14425
crescendo.
Animated Skeleton

An I please.

What book is it from, because we only have the Trilogy, the Hobbit, and The Sil
- Chris Colfer
Old 07-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #14426
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

A HIRE

"-- / ---r-e / -e / ---er--a-- /," said someone. "-ha- / i- / -h- / -e / ha-e / -e-i-e- / -- / ---e /. -e / ---- / -he / Ri-- / i- / -- / -a--hi--_-a--er /; --- / -e / are / --i-- / -- / -- / --r / -e-- / -- / he-- / --- / -a-ai--- / -he / E-e-- /."

It's from one of the books that you have. The quotes are usually from one of them. Once in a while there will be one from Children of Hurin (usually from me, since I adore that book), or from Unfinished Tales (a book that I don't have either). But mostly LOTR or TH, and The Sil.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #14427
crescendo.
Animated Skeleton

An "O" please
- Chris Colfer
Old 07-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #14428
crescendo.
Animated Skeleton

This is MCR.

I would like a U, just to polish off the vowels. Thanks! *Ducks cresendo's flying fist*
- Chris Colfer
Old 07-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #14429
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

You two post too fast for me to follow! As soon as I have something here I see a new post in the Novices sub-forum, and before I read that there's more here.... gotta learn how to type faster...

AHIREOU

"O- / -our-e / -e / u--er--a-- /," said someone. "-ha- / i- / -h- / -e / ha-e / -e-i-e- / -o / -o-e /. -e / --o- / -he / Ri-- / i- / -o / -au-hi--_-a--er /; -u- / -e / are / -oi-- / -o / -o / our / -e-- / -o / he-- / -ou / -a-ai--- / -he / E-e-- /."
Old 07-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #14430
crescendo.
Animated Skeleton

A "T" please

I know I do, lol, I can type almost 60 words a minute without using the homerow keys
- Chris Colfer
Old 07-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #14431
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Tea is served. ^^

AHIREOUT

"O- / -our-e / -e / u--er--a-- /," said someone. "That / i- / -h- / -e / ha-e / -e-i-e- / to / -o-e /. -e / --o- / the / Ri-- / i- / -o / -au-hi--_-atter /; -ut / -e / are / -oi-- / to / -o / our / -e-t / to / he-- / -ou / -a-ai--t / the / E-e-- /."
Old 07-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #14432
crescendo.
Animated Skeleton

I feel like I should know this one already, but it's not coming to mind

"W" please
- Chris Colfer
Old 07-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #14433
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

AHIREOUTW

"O- / -our-e / we / u--er--a-- /," said someone. "That / i- / wh- / we / ha-e / -e-i-e- / to / -o-e /. We / --ow / the / Ri-- / i- / -o / -au-hi--_-atter /; -ut / we / are / -oi-- / to / -o / our / -e-t / to / he-- / -ou / -a-ai--t / the / E-e-- /."

I guess it's a bit obscure... It's a LOTR quote.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #14434
crescendo.
Animated Skeleton

"Of course we understand," said Merry firmly. "That is why we have decided to come. We know the Ring is no laughing-matter; but we are going to do our best to help you against the Enemy."

Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring
Chapter 5: A Conspiracy Unmasked
- Chris Colfer
Old 07-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #14435
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Correct! Your turn!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #14436
crescendo.
Animated Skeleton

"---/-----/---/--/-----/," laughed someone. "------/-/-----/------/-----/---/----/---/--/---/----/."
- Chris Colfer
Old 07-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #14437
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Could I have my favourite E's?
Old 07-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #14438
crescendo.
Animated Skeleton

Why of course

E

"---/--e--/---/-e/-----/," laughed someone. "------/-/-----/----e-/-e---/---/--e-/---/--/--e/---e/."
- Chris Colfer
Old 07-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #14439
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Ok, one more for today and then hi ho, hi ho, to bed I quickly go... A's please!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #14440
crescendo.
Animated Skeleton

SNOW WHITE <3

EA

"---/--ea-/---/-e/-----/," laughed someone. "------/-/-----/----e-/-ea--/---/--e-/-a-e/--/--e/---e/."

(MCR: Hahaha, I can't guess, because I helped with this one)
- Chris Colfer