The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2020, 03:23 PM   #361
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ahey! Welcome, sister! I am selfishly happy about you joining us.
Old 05-11-2020, 03:25 PM   #362
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Welcome to the dead side. We have cookies!
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:25 PM   #363
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Now we can finally figure out a proper way to integrate Prolonged QT Syndrome into this game.
Old 05-11-2020, 03:25 PM   #364
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Ask Kit if it was pointless. ^.^
You gifted revealed, like any cobbler would, and got lucky. Still think you'd have been more use to the wolves alive in the late game ... but why don't you ask them?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:26 PM   #365
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hi Lhuna, welcome to the madhouse! This lot are all annoyingly in tune on who to vote for, so hopefully the rest of the pack send us someone who can get them squabbling and let your tie-breaker get to work.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:27 PM   #366
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
... but why don't you ask them?
Don't know about that, but she's been invaluable in preserving my lack of sanity in the QT.

hS
Old 05-11-2020, 03:28 PM   #367
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
You gifted revealed, like any cobbler would, and got lucky. Still think you'd have been more use to the wolves alive in the late game ... but why don't you ask them?
Or perhaps the Wolves thought I would be best used the way I was? Did that thought make its way into your considerations?
Old 05-11-2020, 03:29 PM   #368
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Welcome, Lhunatic! Happy to have you here on many levels!

I stand corrected today re: my hesitance to vote Lhuna. Well done, all!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:30 PM   #369
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Don't know about that, but she's been invaluable in preserving my lack of sanity in the QT.

hS
Old 05-11-2020, 03:34 PM   #370
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Or perhaps the Wolves thought I would be best used the way I was? Did that thought make its way into your considerations?
Obviously you thought they did. And I know why. And it's hilarious.
Old 05-11-2020, 03:36 PM   #371
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Obviously you thought they did. And I know why. And it's hilarious.
Or did I pretend I thought they did? You keep either underestimating or overestimating the thought process I put into the last bit of Day 1 when I came back to see I was on the block.
Old 05-11-2020, 03:53 PM   #372
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Or did I pretend I thought they did? You keep either underestimating or overestimating the thought process I put into the last bit of Day 1 when I came back to see I was on the block.
Old 05-11-2020, 03:55 PM   #373
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Old 05-11-2020, 04:10 PM   #374
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
You fell victim to one of the classic blunders,

the most famous of which is

“Never get involved in a land war in Asia,”

but only slightly less well known is this:

“Never talk to a cobbler, when death is on the line!”
Old 05-11-2020, 04:22 PM   #375
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
You fell victim to one of the classic blunders,

the most famous of which is

“Never get involved in a land war in Asia,”

but only slightly less well known is this:

“Never talk to a cobbler, when death is on the line!”
* Hey, look over there! Just behind you, over your shoulder! *

Old 05-11-2020, 04:32 PM   #376
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

"Boo! Boo! Rubbish! Filth! Slime! Muck! Boo! Boo! Boo!"

Old 05-11-2020, 05:52 PM   #377
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
1420!

I'm so happy to finally be in (what I believe is) the more fun thread!

If I had known I would wake up and find myself here, I would have given my greeting to sally in person.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 06:00 PM   #378
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

And putting this out there for those of us west of the Pacific:

THIS DEADLINE SUCKS

Old 05-11-2020, 09:31 PM   #379
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Caught up to the first half of the thread while totes not-working from home. Bad Lhuna.

Quote:
Actually, regardless of content, I wanna reach 2 pages of posts before Half-Day, just to make the GT wonder what the Angband is happening here.
*raises hands* I was tempted to comment about it on the living thread but was paranoid it might be used against me somehow. Apparently anything can happen in this game.

I'm dead now anyway, but I will have to admit that every now and then I checked the post count on this thread and wonder what's happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I kind of like the idea of you two hyper-posting and making the people in the Game-Thread super-curious. Let's just hope they can then hold on to their horses and resist the temptation to peek in.
Lucky we don't have a modmegil in the game (but I do wish morm were playing, though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Talking about referring to what others have said!
The Mod God had screencapped my post - my work here is done.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:29 PM   #380
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Aaand now I'm caught up.

Quote:
We could do a race. Can we add posts faster than Legate can catch up? Highly unlikely, given that there are only so many of us active at the moment, and our posts are not Walls of Text.
++WALLS OF TEXT to Mordor. I'm already loving this thread. <3

Quote:
The mention of Aoife in a werewolf thread gives me bad flashbacks. Who among the presently dead were already around to play with Roa of old? Kitanna, Nog? She was scary good at this.
*raises hand* That woman is unreal. Gurthang and his Good Side was decimated in DWW I.

Also Mac, I saw what you did with the permutations. Thank you for noticing.

Quote:
Seriously [or far from so], a request for Nog: if you could do a pretend ++Brin vote from the QT before saying it's actually ++whoever, that would make everybody's day. (unless it's actually Brin)
If it's not too much to ask, Noggie, can you do this with every QT vote until she joins us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
I'm also hoping to keep an eye on Lhuna. She's been raising alarm bells for me since end of Day 2
Genuinely curious, may I ask why? Mac, sally, and Leggie can attest (if they remember, that is) that I hate being evil and am always nervous and over-cautious when I am one. Except for this game. It was a relief to finally enjoy being a wolf, for the first time, but apparently evil Lhuna works better when she's nervous and guilty about being evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Indeed. Anyways, did Lhuna just make a slip? The part Lommy quoted.
What was it?

Quote:
10 posts per Day, max 280 characters each, each post can contain a single quote of no more than one sentence (not counted in length limit). Vote can be a separate post, not one of the 10, but most only contain your ++vote.

The setting: a Faithful hideout on Numenor during the height of the Dark Times. Everyone has to be quiet in case Sauron's priests hear.

hS, game theorist? Maybe not.
I would join this game - if you promise not to make me a baddie.

Quote:
The original setting was my very first game, modded by Mac, but it was unusually the other way around: the "Wolves" were the good guys. It was "The Isle of the Were-Faithful". The former queen Tar-Míriel was the Cobbler.
I think I was there, but I totally can't remember. You know you've been gone from the Downs for far too long when.

Quote:
Welcome to the dead side. We have cookies!
One of the reasons I wanted to get here as soon as I can.

Quote:
I had a chaos-inducing suicide plan that was anchored on the Cobbler being alive, but I'm not sure if that makes her getting lynched early a good thing or not.

Quote:
Now we can finally figure out a proper way to integrate Prolonged QT Syndrome into this game.
Isn't the fact that we can talk Day and Night already a manifestation of this?
Old 05-11-2020, 10:31 PM   #381
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quintuple posting, just because I can.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:12 AM   #382
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc
The original setting was my very first game, modded by Mac, but it was unusually the other way around: the "Wolves" were the good guys. It was "The Isle of the Were-Faithful". The former queen Tar-Míriel was the Cobbler.
I think I was there, but I totally can't remember. You know you've been gone from the Downs for far too long when.
Nope, I wasn't there.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:33 AM   #383
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Welcome, Lhuna!

Quote:
If I had known I would wake up and find myself here, I would have given my greeting to sally in person.
Well well, but imagine if you didn't. And now you also were the first

That being said: happy birthday, sally! Should we throw some party here?

Though to be fair, it should be the Infected posting this one, not me! But given how nicely I participated in lynching sally, I think I can consider myself qualified...

Quote:
What was it?
I think it was something in that whole discussion you and Lommy had about whether I would have dreamed of this or that if I were the Seer. I don't recall what this one thing was in particular, but I got the feeling that you were kind of writing as if you really actually considered I was the Seer (when, obviously, the moment I died it was clear I wasn't one).

Quote:
Nope, I wasn't there.
Yeah, I thought not in that one. I remember you played in the first game I modded, which was incidentally also CoH-themed, "Werewolves Among The Wolf-Men", and there you were a Wolf, if I'm not mistaken.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 04:53 AM   #384
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Yeah, I thought not in that one. I remember you played in the first game I modded, which was incidentally also CoH-themed, "Werewolves Among The Wolf-Men", and there you were a Wolf, if I'm not mistaken.
Yes, with Jay! For some reason, every now and then I still randomly remember "Androg stole Beleg's bow" (was that right?) in that game and have a little chuckle, even though I hardly recall its context.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:58 AM   #385
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Though to be fair, it should be the Infected posting this one, not me! But given how nicely I participated in lynching sally, I think I can consider myself qualified...
That's okay; you can be honorary Infected. All you have to do is vote with us.

hS
Old 05-12-2020, 05:01 AM   #386
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:

hS
Seconded.
Old 05-12-2020, 05:06 AM   #387
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

One can never have too much cake, plus here are cupcakes for everybody!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sally(cup)cakes.jpg (29.3 KB, 762 views)

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 05-14-2020 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Google stole the cakes away :(
Old 05-12-2020, 06:03 AM   #388
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Yes, with Jay! For some reason, every now and then I still randomly remember "Androg stole Beleg's bow" (was that right?) in that game and have a little chuckle, even though I hardly recall its context.
Ooh yes! I rememeber! The point was that there was Beleg (=Ranger), but also Andróg, a sort of semi-Cobbler, or rather a person who was simply out for themselves, and who could target someone every Night and if they targeted Beleg, they took away his bow (Ranger powers) and got it for themselves.

...wait. Wasn't it so that Beleg and Andróg were Mac and Rikae? Now I remember...!

Quote:

hS
Nah, you are very kind, but I think I'll pass on that one!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 06:13 AM   #389
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc
...wait. Wasn't it so that Beleg and Andróg were Mac and Rikae? Now I remember...!
Yes, it was.

Quote:
Nah, you are very kind, but I think I'll pass on that one!
Awwww. And we were getting along so well! *pouts*
Old 05-12-2020, 07:44 AM   #390
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
I have a vague memory of that ... what was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Oh yeah!
Old 05-12-2020, 08:01 AM   #391
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
Also Mac, I saw what you did with the permutations. Thank you for noticing.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:30 AM   #392
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
One can never have too much cake, plus here are cupcakes for everybody!

I really wanted to be evil this game so I could make evil puns on my birthday, but this is even better! <3

Thanks, folks!
Old 05-12-2020, 08:37 AM   #393
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
The mention of Aoife in a werewolf thread gives me bad flashbacks. Who among the presently dead were already around to play with Roa of old? Kitanna, Nog? She was scary good at this.

edit: MY EYEBALLS!
Oh yes, I remember Roa quite fondly as well! With all the people coming out of the woodwork for this game, I almost expected to see her, but alas, perhaps another time.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:55 AM   #394
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I really wanted to be evil this game so I could make evil puns on my birthday, but this is even better! <3

Thanks, folks!
You can still make evil puns, sallycupcakes.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:55 AM   #395
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Oh yes, I remember Roa quite fondly as well! With all the people coming out of the woodwork for this game, I almost expected to see her, but alas, perhaps another time.
I actually thought of asking her to join via Messenger, but then thought that she'll join if she has time / feel for it.

She really is one of the "All Time Greats".
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:37 AM   #396
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I have to apologize to me lovely infectors for not being able to participate as much. The way my schedule works this week, I will be available just before the QT DL, but that means I'll have a lot to catch up to from the bulk of the Day. I am very happy that I died before my schedule changed.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:40 AM   #397
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
I have to apologize to me lovely infectors for not being able to participate as much. The way my schedule works this week, I will be available just before the QT DL, but that means I'll have a lot to catch up to from the bulk of the Day. I am very happy that I died before my schedule changed.
Echoing whoever it was who said in the LT that too bad (xe might have said good thing, of course) you can't PM with us.
Old 05-12-2020, 10:40 AM   #398
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Echoing whoever it was who said in the LT that too bad (xe might have said good thing, of course) you can't PM with us.
I am there in spirit
Old 05-12-2020, 02:19 PM   #399
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Any bets on who will be joining us?
Old 05-12-2020, 02:25 PM   #400
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Any bets on who will be joining us?
I can't even remember who's still healthy. I keep being surprised to see Mac in the QT.

Here's hoping for the Seer!

hS