Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #3321
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I really regret holding people up, but I may not be able to post until tomorrow evening. There is a slight possibility I can post within the next thirty minutes, but if that does not happen, don't expect a response for another twenty-four hours or thereabouts. So sorry.

-- Foley
Old 07-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #3322
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I really regret holding people up, but I may not be able to post until tomorrow evening. There is a slight possibility I can post within the next thirty minutes, but if that does not happen, don't expect a response for another twenty-four hours or thereabouts. So sorry.

-- Foley
Don't sweat it, Foley. We all have real lives. A day or two won't hurt anything.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #3323
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hey, Firefoot...I kind of feel bad about having Quin high-tail it out of there like that, but I didn't know what to do. I felt really bad for him and Leof, and ... I lacked inspiration. Maybe I should not have posted at all until I thought more about it....I dunno..........

It occurred to me in a healthy situation, they would have sat and talked it out, but I felt that there would be hostility there that would be better left resting. At least, that's what Quin thought. If you would like to keep other men questioning Leof, I am willing to help you play that out, taking on random NPCs like Scyrr, etc.

-- Folwren
Old 07-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #3324
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
No worries, Folwren - I think that's great. Nothing like a bit of (un)healthy conflict.

Leof probably won't really stick around either, after he realizes just how badly his comment is going over. Or maybe he'll stick it out... this is where it would be good to either have more played soldiers, or more clearly defined NPC's... maybe I'll try making a couple more up.

For reference, here's Legate's write-up of some the NPC's he made up. Also there's Hylath. I think I made use of three more unnamed soldiers in my last post that involved a number of them.

I don't know. I'll think about it and read up on some of these soldiers and probably write something tomorrow night.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #3325
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

That sounds great, Firefoot. I like conflict. I figure that's probably pretty obvious.

-- Folwren
Old 07-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #3326
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hey Firefoot, sorry if I messed with things too much. If I need to edit let me know. But of course feel free to have some of the men stay -- Coen left right away and they might linger or those who don't really have specific duties might feel they can just stay. But I know he wouldn't want them to just keep hanging out there with the conversation going how it has been (not that he's been listening to all/most of it), so he had to say something.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #3327
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Durelin, your post is fine. Leof's response would have gone a bit differently if Coenred hadn't intervened, but this works too. Instead of getting it all out there, the bad feelings can just simmer for a bit...
Old 07-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #3328
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Firefoot, another amazing piece of writing. I'd rep you but I have to spread it around.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #3329
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Firefoot, where would Scyld go to work when Coenred gives the order to vacate the Hall?

Foley, where would Quin go?
Old 07-23-2011, 09:32 PM   #3330
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I think he's going to see if there's any manual labor he can do - is there any building going on that day? I think he'll pitch in with that.

-- Foley
Old 07-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #3331
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Thanks, Elempi.

Scyld would probably also go help out somewhere. I don't really have a good feel for what the day-to-day activities are for the men of the hall, and I'm really not sure what Scyld's going to be doing once the new hall is completed... he doesn't really have a trade.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #3332
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Thanks for your replies. My original thought was that Rowenna might go and find a couple of these men to talk, but I think her approach is going to be more subtle, having to do with meal times and the evening when labors give way to less strenuous and more enjoyable pastimes.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:38 PM   #3333
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'd like to put out there, for those of you who've read the post already, that I just edited my last post a little, adding something that Elempi wrote and then replying to it.

-- Foley
Old 07-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #3334
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Question for Nogrod: Is Athanar going to talk to Eodwine soon, and is he going to tell him what Saeryn said in the hallway?
Old 07-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #3335
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Folwren, sorry if it seems like Leof's going in circles... I just realized I left this post in much the same place as the last one. But maybe there's something new in there for Thornden to respond to.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #3336
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

No worries, there is. Leof needs to work some stuff out, that's all.

-- Folwren
Old 07-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #3337
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I expect to have a chance at some point to post for either Rowenna or Eodwine - Rowenna if Lhuna has no chance to write for Ginna beween now and then.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #3338
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Lhuna has been drowning in drugs and will continue to be for the next few days. Anyway, last I looked I thought Eodwine had been called away, or was I just imagining things? I'll get a post up as soon as I can.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #3339
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Lhuna has been drowning in drugs and will continue to be for the next few days. Anyway, last I looked I thought Eodwine had been called away, or was I just imagining things? I'll get a post up as soon as I can.
Nope, he's still waiting for Ginna to respond. He's getting talked about a lot, but that's it.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #3340
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Question for Nogrod: Is Athanar going to talk to Eodwine soon, and is he going to tell him what Saeryn said in the hallway?
Game-terms: he's not in a rush to do that; he has other worries (the coming winter and the preparations for it) + he thinks Eodwine should have time to settle down himself meeting all his friends etc. without him disturbing it. They'd have time to discuss later...

RL-terms: Squatter, Oddwen, Estelyn, Hookbill, Pitchwife, Shasta, Rikae, Macalaure, Kath & Skip are coming to visit us from Saturday onwards so I have little or no possibility of posting in the near future.

The Mead Hall: We'll have a big banquet in the evening (Athanar would have called for that as soon as he heard Eodwine is coming back) so anything preceeding that should be done now - as I see you're admirably doing. And don't hurry... the reunions are an important part of this story I think.

And I still hope to steal time to post for Stigend and Garstan to approach Eodwine as well.

Dury, Firefoot & Lhuna: so great to see you back onboard! Just love it!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #3341
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

You're having a regular party at your place come Saturday, aren't you? Hope ya'll have fun.

Your plans sound good regarding the Mead Hall.

I have a quiz for you all...is there a guard named Osmond at the Hall?

-- Foley
Old 07-28-2011, 08:35 AM   #3342
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Osmund, not Osmond. A quick search shows that he's in his young twenties, has a good sense of humor and a bit of a temper, and likes to flirt. He has a friend (another soldier) named Aethelstan, and he was pretty quick to make friends with Athanar's soldiers.

In case it's useful for anyone else, I used the forum archive... it's a lot quicker to search through the five pages of that than the 20ish pages of the Meadhall thread.

edit: more like 30ish. Even better.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:41 PM   #3343
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Thanks, Firefoot. I thought I remembered something along those lines.

-- Foley
Old 07-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #3344
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Hmm... seems I'm not getting email notification despite my personal settings. A little has happened and I didn't know. I'll catch up.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:25 PM   #3345
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

The internet is fried at my house and at my parents'. I got on today at my brother's house in the hopes to post, but I can't think of anything, Elempi, so I'm really sorry to leave you hanging still.

-- Foley
Old 08-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #3346
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hey, imp, are you trying to start a cat-fight between these two ladies?

May post tomorrow, I dunno. Internet access is still spotty.

-- Folwren
Old 08-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #3347
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Nogrod, when you get around to posting (no rush ), Leof's sending himself Athanar's way.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #3348
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Hey, imp, are you trying to start a cat-fight between these two ladies?

May post tomorrow, I dunno. Internet access is still spotty.

-- Folwren
Not necessarily. I'm trying to play Rowenna true to character. She's as convinced she's right about how to go about the kind of thing Saeryn is asking help for, as Saeryn that she is right. Nice little mess we have here, eh?
Old 08-03-2011, 04:31 PM   #3349
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yeah, pity I can't respond. Internet still acting up and typing is a something of a pain on this particular laptop. I can't figure out how to copy and paste stuff, you can imagine how annoying that can be.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #3350
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*sticks head in*

Quote:
I can't figure out how to copy and paste stuff, you can imagine how annoying that can be.
Try pressing Control+a (for all), to highlight all the text. Then press Control+c (for copy). Go to the post-reply page thingy, click on the box to put the cursor in (or whatever you call it...), and press Control+v (to paste it).

*ducks out*
Old 08-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #3351
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
*sticks head in*

Try pressing Control+a (for all), to highlight all the text. Then press Control+c (for copy). Go to the post-reply page thingy, click on the box to put the cursor in (or whatever you call it...), and press Control+v (to paste it).

*ducks out*
That's all very well and good for Microsoft Windows computer, but I'm on an Apple, and those commands don't work at all.

I was rather hoping you were arriving here to say you were joining our game. You may find you like it better than the WW stuff. I do.

-- Folwren
Old 08-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #3352
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*ducks back in*

Quote:
That's all very well and good for Microsoft Windows computer, but I'm on an Apple, and those commands don't work at all.

I was rather hoping you were arriving here to say you were joining our game. You may find you like it better than the WW stuff. I do.

-- Folwren
On Apples its some different button instead of Ctrl. Maybe Command. Or one of those on the bottom corners of the keyboard. I haven't been on an Apple for over a year, so I don't remember...

I like the game, and I am reading it. It would be an honour to join, though I don't think I'm quite that level yet. And that reminds me - I have characters in 3 other RPGs that are getting dusty...

*ducks back out again*
Old 08-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #3353
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I posted! Finally! Sorry it took forever - computer troubles, really. I disliked working in that Apple laptop and waited until I was on a desktop/tower computer.

-- Foley
Old 08-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #3354
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I edited something into the end of my last post, Elempi, after copying and pasting your little line from Rowenna.

I feel like we're going in circles with this conversation. Is there anything we can do about that?

-- Foley
Old 08-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #3355
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hello all! I am wanting to join the Meadhall in the near future, but as I have not yet finished my character bios I thought I'd introduce myself now, while I continue developing my characters.

So, hi, I'm Finduilas. I'm planning on bringing in three characters: a family, with the father/husband as a NPC, and I will take both the mother/wife, and the daughter. I will do my best to get the character bios up in a day or two.

I've done a limited amount of RPGing in the past (several years in the past) so I'm rather a newbie to this.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:50 PM   #3356
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Welcome, Finduilas! Can't wait to see you character bios.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #3357
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Foley, sorry but I must ask you to add yet another line to your previous post.

"First," said Rowenna, "I think you must make peace with him about what happened between you in the Hall, and then persuade him."
Old 08-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #3358
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Posted for Eodwine, Harreld, Falco, and Garreth - with a short aside to Thornden in the middle of it - you'll have to find it and deal with it at your leisure - should you have any non-WW type of leisure in the next little while....

A thousand pardons if my writing diction seems a little different for said post - just got done reading a Jane Austen novel and I'm afraid it shows a wee bit....
Old 08-14-2011, 08:16 PM   #3359
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

The post I just posted is a co-post written by me and Elempi.

-- Foley
Old 08-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #3360
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Elempi, I don't need to tell you I'm very much looking forward to the rest of that conversation. Can't wait to see Eodwine talk his way through all that stubbornness.

*goes back to studying*