The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-13-2003, 08:05 PM   #1
Sillabub
Wight

Sillabub has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril GONDOR!!!!!!

Being myself, I have to bring up the topic of Gondor yet again. Does anyone else out there adore Gondor too?And does anyone know anything about Gondor? Here's SOME of what I know:
-Minas Anor is now Known as Minas Tirith
-The 2 'minas's have 2 different names; minas ithil=minas morgul, minas anor=minas tirith

So yeah. I don't feel like typing anymore right now. Anyone else out there who knows much about Gondor?
Old 07-13-2003, 08:09 PM   #2
Yavanna228
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yavanna228 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Reading the Return of the King or the Two Towers might clue you in a bit more, Sillabub.
Also, this might get moved to the N&N section.
Right, well, now I'll step back and let others answer. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Peace
Old 07-13-2003, 08:15 PM   #3
Sillabub
Wight

Silmaril

What's the N&N section? And I fell asleep while reading TTT, and I haven't been able to see the movie yet!Hmph. Waaaiiiit. Doesn't TTT take place in Rohan?
Old 07-13-2003, 08:31 PM   #4
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Gwanel, the N&N section is the Novices and Newcomers section. The Books section is for topics that discuss slightly "deep" topics in the books, and as much as we all admire Gondor, this isn't a very scholarly topic, if you know what I mean.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 08:37 PM   #5
Sillabub
Wight

Silmaril

Why?
Old 07-13-2003, 09:06 PM   #6
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Sillabub, that question is better put to the Barrow-wight. He's the one who made the site, not me. The Books forum are for serious discussions, and that's that. There's nothing more I can say.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 07-13-2003, 09:13 PM   #7
Sillabub
Wight

Silmaril

how do we ask the barrow-wight?
Old 07-13-2003, 09:18 PM   #8
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Just private message him dear. Look for one of his posts, and on the top little row of buttons above each post, there is one that offers you an option of private messaging him. Use that.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:49 AM   #9
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

This is a question that can give newcomers information and a chance to express their opinions, so I'm moving the thread to the Novices and Newcomers forum. Please continue to read and post there. Thanks!

You are welcome to send me a Private Message if you have any additional questions about the forum structure.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 09:22 AM   #10
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

I know a little about the Stewards. Being in love with Denethor does give me a tendency to go into research frenzy, but I haven't read/memorised down to each individual phrase everything about Gondor yet.

Last edited by Meela; 10-17-2004 at 09:35 AM.
Meela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 06:53 AM   #11
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

After writing a fanfiction set in Gondor I found myself becoming rather attatched to it. it sounds like a very grand, proud, beautiful place/ I always find that after I write about places/characters I find myself liking them more. That heppened the most with Boromir. Lol, I'll be your daughter-in-law Meela.
Here comes the shameless plug, if you want to read my fanfiction visit fanfiction.net and search for my user name (Daisy Brambleburr).
Old 02-02-2004, 12:32 AM   #12
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

rutslegolas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to rutslegolas Send a message via Yahoo to rutslegolas
Sting

gondor-the western kingdom of numenor was built by elendil-the tall .

they built three cities-one-minas arnor or minas tirth
two-osgilialiath citadel of the stars
three-minas ithil or minas morgul

these cities protected the west from the attack of mordor and its allies ,gondor in the war of the ring was rules by stewards

minas tirth -tower of guard was the main fortress of gondor .it had seven circles
and on the topmost circle the stewards resided governing the city
Old 02-02-2004, 06:18 AM   #13
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Sting

Well, I've got these. I know plenty more about Gondor, but these maps save me a lot of typing, so I'll put them up instead.

Minas Tirith

Osgiliath

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Kransha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 09:32 AM   #14
rudeboy
Animated Skeleton

rudeboy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Pretty sure Isildur & Anarion built Gondor, and Elendil built & dwelt in Arnor! The Arganoth are in the likleness of Isildur & Anarion. Osigliath was the main city (capital if you like). Minas Ithil was Isildurs and Minas Anor was Anarion's. Not that good with Gondor, but it seemed to be alot more organised than Arnor!
rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote