The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-20-2005, 05:59 PM   #1
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Tol-in-Gaurhoth revisited (aka Werewolf 2)

Darkness falls across the land
The midnight hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
And terrorise your neighbourhood

And whosoever shall be found
Without the soul for getting down
Must stand and face the Hounds of Hell
And rot inside a corpse’s shell …

Welcome to the second game of Werewolf on the Barrow-Downs.

The original rules may be found here. Additional rules for this game may be found here.

The players are:

Anguirel (Grim Blacksmith)
Feanor of the Peredhil (Village Healer)
Holybtlass (Old Farmer’s Wife)
Eomer of the Rohirrim (Rich Merchant)
The Barrow-Wight (Strong Stonemason)
the phantom (Landlord of The Phantom Inn)
Fordim Hedgethistle (Tall Sheep-Shearer)
Encaitare (Grumpy Old Lady)
Ainaserkewen (Village Innocent)
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Oddwen (Henwife - er - she keeps chickens)
Son of Númenor (Timid Carpenter)
Nimrodel_9 (Simple Farm Girl)

The Village comprises:
3 Werewolves
1 Seer
1 Cursed Villager
1 Werewolf Hunter
1 Guardian
6 Ordinary Villagers

The sun slowly sank below the horizon as the villagers reflected on the recent disturbing events. For several nights now, dreadful howls had been heard in the surrounding forest and each morning sheep and cattle had been found in the fields slaughtered and half devoured. Some terrible evil was afoot and the villagers feared for their very lives. They gradually fell into a restless sleep, hoping that they would not be next on the menu …

It is now the first NIGHT. The Werewolves should contact each other, and one of them should notify me of their intended victim. The Seer should notify me who they wish to dream about and the Guardian should notify me who they wish to guard.

This post is timed at 1AM GMT on Saturday 21 May. The first DAY will commence 24 hours from now (1AM GMT on Sunday 22 May), or earlier if all notifications are received before then.

Good luck!

Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 05-22-2005 at 03:38 AM.
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 04:30 AM   #2
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye Finger lickin' good ...

The village awoke. All had overslept, for strangely no rooster call had greeted the morning.

The villagers convened in The Phantom Inn for breakfast, fearful that the night had brought yet more slaughter in the fields. Yet it seemed that neither sheep nor cattle had been harmed that night and, as they talked, it became apparent that not one of them had heard the dreadful howls of the previous nights. Some ventured to suggest that perhaps the wolfish fiends that had been besetting the village had moved on. Yet there was one who was not present. And, as the morning wore on and she did not appear, the villagers decided to pay her a visit to check on her.

As they approached her small house, they were immediately aware that something was not quite right. It seemed quiet. Too quiet. The usual sound of clucking and crowing was noticeably absent. Looking into the henhouse, the villagers saw that it was empty. Perhaps Oddwen had decided to kill her flock in preparation for a feast to celebrate the end of the village’s wolfish woes.

But, on entering her house, they were confronted with a terrible sight. A large pile of feathers mixed (worryingly) with human hair lay on the table. Oddwen’s entire stock of chickens had been slaughtered, plucked and hung from the ceiling. But it was not that which drew the villagers’ attention. At the end of the row of chickens there hung another figure, much larger than the rest. Suspended by her legs, her head lolling at an improbable angle, there hung Oddwen. Her neck had been broken and all the hair had been plucked from her head. She had been plucked and trussed like a chicken, as if ready for some dreadful feast …

Living:
Anguirel
Feanor of the Peredhil
Holbytlas
Eomer of the Rohirrim
The Barrow-Wight
the phantom
Fordim Hedgethistle
Encaitare
Ainaserkewen
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Son of Númenor
Nimrodel_9

Dead:
Oddwen (Villager) - slaughtered, plucked and trussed like a chicken on Night 1

Score:
Werewolves: 3
Villagers: 9

DAY 1 has now started. It will end in 24 hours’ time (11.30AM GMT tomorrow), or earlier if a clear majority on voting is reached before then.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:29 AM   #3
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well it's terrible and all wot's 'appened to Oddwen, but ere's being thankful as it wasn't me...

Course, now I'm a-wondering who it might 'ave been who killed that lass and all her lovely chickens. Ooooh, how I would like a taste of one o' them right now; they always were the best things after a hard night with the bottle...

But who can tell about the folk in this cursed place? Some of 'em are not right, and that's for sure. That Phantom fellow and all: sure, he can pull a good pint, but what sort of a name is that to 'ave? I ask you? And Ainaserkewen: lookin' and actin' innocent all the day, but fair covers on foul books, I says...

*glower*
Fordim Hedgethistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 07:23 AM   #4
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
This town needs a gallows

"One thing is for sure," said the mason, pulling his fingers through his greying hair. "We're going to need to protect ourselves."

He looked around the room, first at the unfortunate victim and then, one-by-one, a long stare into the eyes of each of his fellow citizens.

"One of you, or maybe more than one, is a werewolf. I have no magic eye to determine which of you it is, so I'll cast no accusations so early in the morning. But I will prepare a place where you can be dealt with when we do discover who you are."

The mason walked through the door saying, "This town needs a gallows. I shall be in the square building one."
Old 05-22-2005, 07:26 AM   #5
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Poor Oddwen. We'll find the scoundrels who did this to you. And we shall be quick, yes.

Three of our own, but of whom do we have reason to suspect? Let us stare at each other with intensity; the guilty will crack before long.

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 06-01-2005 at 08:02 AM.
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 07:49 AM   #6
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
The healer looked with intensity at all who were present. Poor, poor Oddwen, she thought. Who could have... She trailed off, sleepy still. It was far too early after a late night out to be thinking so critically. Who says that healers don't dance? she thought with an amused smile. But alas, that isn't the point... we've a bloody lot of werewolves on the loose, without a single clue as to who they are.

She glared more or less equally at almost everybody, glaring slightly more forebodingly at Anguirel. The two had quite a rocky past, though not everyone was aware. If he tries any of that funny business this time...

"Fordim," she said worriedly, "what gives you the idea that the phantom is not as pure and innocent as the wind driven snow? Or that Aina might be more than she seems. Why those two, do you pick?"
Old 05-22-2005, 08:21 AM   #7
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

The Phantom welcomed everyone into the common room and brought them drinks.

"I assure you, Mr. Hedgethistle, I had nothing whatsoever to do with my name. It was given to me by my parents. Though I have come to love my name- since it refers to me," he ended with a wink.

The Phantom then turned to The Barrow-Wight. "Werewolf, you say? Where did you come up with that? I never even thought about it- figured it was just a pack of regular old wolves. Are you versed in werewolf lore and know certain things to look for? If so, you'd better let us know what we are dealing with here."

The Phantom raised his voice for all to hear. "I think we should wait for a few more people to arrive before we start coming to any sort of conclusion. Everyone try to remember if they've seen anything funny the past few days and then tell about it. As my father used to say, 'nothing like a room full of smart people talkin' to fix a problem'."

"I'll be back in a bit, hon," he said quietly to Fea. "I'm going to take a walk around town and look for tracks and such."
Old 05-22-2005, 07:36 PM   #8
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Oh words-I'm-too-prim-to-say... 'Tis nearly time for me to head off to bed, being the early riser that I've turned into out of necessity... I regret highly having to do this now, and without further evidence...

++Fordim Hedgethistle, I am sorry, but of all here, you are the only, and by that, I do most certainly mean only, villager to give me the slightest amount of a quiver in my soul, as well as many other poetic lines of near-nonsense that I'd rather not repeat. You accuse with evidence that would not hold up in the most scatter-brained of teenage girl lunch table debates. Also, you insinuated that I am a fool. Quite honestly, I am never going to let you live that down. Perhaps that's why I now have to vote for your life to end prematurely.

I only wish that I had more time, but I must to bed early this night, and to rise even earlier in the morning... Although I will certainly attend the hanging, you can be absolutely positive that I will utter no words. You can count on me to think long and hard tomorrow, and to inform you of my thoughts as soon as circumstances permit me to.