User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2003, 12:56 AM   #121
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hear ye, hear ye, oh good peoples of Evendim Hill ilk!

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Now that I have your attention, I thought I'd alert everyone that I will be forwarding our story along in 3 days time.

At such time, I will send off our party on their errand and move them along the trail.

If you have anything further for your character to wrap up between now and then, please do so as soon as you can.

My forwarding post will encompass the entire group of characters and move them at least two days into the journey.

If you have ideas that will be affected by this planned forwarding post, please drop me a P.M so that I can accomodate them for you.

So, 3 days to finish any current business of your character whilst at the Prancing Pony before dawn and the journey begins.

Just as a reminder, here is where we are at in the plot outline. It's a guideline that should help you come up with ideas for your character and the story. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Meetings - ALMOST FINISHED
  • Characters arrive at Prancing Pony - DONE
  • A party is formed of the disparite races, and the beginnings of both friendship and conflict begin. Not everyone will get along amicably. Each joins the party for their own reasons. Meneltarmacil is chosen as leader, and in that some differences emerge. - TO BE COMPLETED in 3 DAYS

Journey into the Wilds COMMENCING in 3 DAYS
  • The party sets out, provisioned, to search the surrounding lands, heading west and north towards the Hills. - FORWARDING POST WILL BEGIN THIS FOR ALL CHARACTERS
  • The party follows the Brandywine River, observing the ban on travel through the Shire, uncovering a disturbing lack of trail and signs. Doubt as to whether Falowik really saw what he did begins.
  • Whilst in the open land of the downs, the party undergoes it's first night attack. In the dark, chaos and confusion reign supreme. Doubt arises as to whether the source of aggression comes from within the group or from the mysterious men that were said by Falowik to have attacked Eodwine.
  • Falco suspects Falowik and his "cohorts" are responsible for the night attack but says nothing for the moment as he lacks proof. He resolves to watch even closer.

So, in short, in 3 days, dawn in Bree will arrive, the party will set out and the action will begin. I will get this going for us in my forwarding post.

If you've got any questions, feel free to P.M me or let me know here. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 11-12-2003, 05:51 PM   #122
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

I will not be able to post from Friday until late afternoon on Sunday, just to let you know.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:33 PM   #123
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Thanks for letting us know Meneltarmacil. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I shall be putting up the forwarding post tomorrow.

It will take all characters from dawn to the late afternoon, two days hence into their journey along the Brandywine River.

Last call for anyone wanting to wrap up night before posts at the Prancing Pony or let me know of any thing prior to the post.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 11-13-2003, 09:52 PM   #124
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pipe

Elora, please include in your forwarding post Falowik's acceptance of Thoronmir's offer to be second in command. Thanks! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2003, 12:09 AM   #125
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Done [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Alright, we are now on the second evening of the venture on the very cusp of the Wilds.

I thought we would pause there so that if any of you had plans for your character, discussions or observations and the like, you could do so.

Lets get moving again, and into some action proper. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2003, 02:11 PM   #126
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I have a question. Will our camp be attacked around the time Falco takes up his watch? If so, I was wondering if it would be ok if Esgallhugwen during or before her watch or perhaps even when Falco is on watch and she leaves the camp to see what the problem is. Anyway she becomes distracted by faint sounds coming from behind a boulder or a few trees (if there are trees where we are). This could turn out to be a wounded wolf cub or such. Perhaps left as bait (to lure one of us astray from the camp), a horrible fluke of nature, or someone with an incredibly sick sense of humour.

So me, Esgallhugwen, will take this wounded cub into her care, and it could bring up questions as to wheather their being watched or if it was just chance they came across this wounded creature.

It's just an idea that may help to bring about the night attack, bring up the question as to who attacked them, give Falco motive to think it was the Big Folk portion of their group who did the deed and so forth.

So please let me know what you think. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] That's just the simple version.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:40 PM   #127
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Good idea, Esgallhugwen. By all means go ahead with the wolf cub.

If the camp is to be attacked, it will not be on this night, as far as I know.

One of the things about this RP is that the baddies are surprise elements for us all to contend with. So as far as I know there is no plan to attack the camp tonight, BUT the group is heading into very dangerous territory and so may be attacked later on, as per the plot outline. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hope that helps.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:19 PM   #128
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Ok that's great I just wanted to clear that up, I wasn't too sure if any fighting would be happening that night or not. I suppose it's good that it doesn't for the sake of the wolf cub's safety and all. Besides I think we're still too much in the open land for them to be attacking us yet.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:13 PM   #129
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Alrighty, we've moved along again.

The group is now camped just outside of Fornost. This is the chance to decide if your character is starting to wonder about the rumoured ruffians which have been absent. It's also the opportunity to explore your character's expectations of what will be found at Fornost.

Let's get going folks. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2003, 09:55 PM   #130
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

LMP, I posted something with Gorby painting Falowik and I hope I didn't get his features too messed up...speaking of Gorby, is he hobbitish enough?

Acutally, speaking of my characters, please tell me if you have any problems with Lira...

Old 11-20-2003, 11:15 AM   #131
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I've done a post for Anson. Imladris, I hope his interaction with Gorby is all right. Just let me know if you think Gorby is at all out of character. I fear Anson has some serious misconceptions about Middle-Earth...
Old 11-20-2003, 11:44 AM   #132
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Nice to see you post, Nuramiel! I was afraid that I might get Anson all out of shape! No, you did a good job with Gorby and yes Anson does have serious misconceptions of Middle-earth...but it will provide food for thought for Gorby, if I can get the post crafted!

Old 11-21-2003, 03:13 PM   #133
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pipe

All of your posts have been quite intriguing lately. Good stuff! I've been able to use them as bouncing off points to do some character stuff with Falowik.

One other thing: we passed right by the place where Falowik witnessed Eodwine's capture - somewhere about half way between the last camp and Fornost. I'm about to post a flashback type post to include that. You all have been doing great with the "doubt Falowik or not" posts, so it actually dovetails pretty well! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2003, 03:20 PM   #134
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

I've just posted about the company's arrival at the outskirts of Fornost, and I think now would probably be a good time for our enemies to show up. (note the description of the hills)
Old 11-21-2003, 03:57 PM   #135
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

LMP, that was a very nice post, except that Corn is Lira's bird, not Eswen's. I was just wondering if you could fix that... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2003, 04:05 PM   #136
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Alatariel Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Alatariel Telemnar
Sting

Okay, Im all confuzzled... *decides she should read the posts more carefully*

umm, just ignore me... I get confuzzled all the time... I will understand... eventually...

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'
Old 11-21-2003, 06:44 PM   #137
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

True to form, Uien has gone a-wandering away into the twilight with heart and mind filled with all manner of things.

I have a plan for her. Stones hold memory and sometimes sing and lament in such a way that Elves can hear and sense it if close enough. Recall Legolas' words as the Fellowship travelled through Hollin, if you will.

Uien will hear snippets of lament in the stone ruins of Fornost that the group can use to unravel events at the place. However, as is often case, the true meaning of the stone's lament will not become clear until after a pivotal event.

In this case, it will be after the group stumbles on the other evidence of evil amidst the stones of Fornost that the full meaning becomes clear.

Great work everyone. Let's keep it up.
Old 11-21-2003, 07:50 PM   #138
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Elora , not meaning to try to rush over and steal your thunder, but wouldn't all the elves hear the stones? Unless Uien could hear it because she was alone... [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2003, 07:59 PM   #139
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Yes, Elves would hear the stones if they were nearby and it was quiet enough.

I reasoned that the stones whispered rather than rang out over the countryside. It is for that reason, that Uien will hear the stones of Fornost, for she is in their immediate vicinity and she is alone and there are no competing sounds to drown out their whispered lament.

When the other elves come to the vicinity of the stones, and should it be quiet enough when they do and they are paying attention, it is likely that they too will make out what is stored within the stone's depth by way of memory.

I am presently in the process of planning out in greater detail the events of Fornost, but rest assured, all will come to Fornost to hear and see what they will in good time.

Old 11-21-2003, 08:30 PM   #140
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

That's what I figured but I wanted to make sure...thanks!

Old 11-21-2003, 08:45 PM   #141
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Tolkien

Oops! Sorry, Lira. I will go fix.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:45 AM   #142
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

It's okay...I know how terribly confusing names can be...

Old 11-22-2003, 08:28 AM   #143
Lumiel

Lumiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Imladris, if I use your character in a wrong way, just tell me. I didn't put a lot of what Gorby did in my post because I didn't want to accidentally write it in a way that was out of character for him.
Old 11-22-2003, 09:50 AM   #144
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Tolkien

We have a couple continuity problems at the moment, nothing insurmountable but I thought I'd mention them so we can set them straight.

Elora: When Falowik withdraws into himself, and Uien slips away, and Gorby is drawing Falowik's face, they're all around the fire already, not riding horses anymore.

Imladris and Lumiel: Gorby's question to Lumiel if she likes the Shire is of course within his rights to ask, but it is a little naive of him as well, because the King's Edict is in effect, and Lumiel cannot have gone into the Shire, unless she did it in that special way Elves do, at night, in secret, in which case Lumiel would not find it any more warm and friendly than anywhere else - and I would suspect that this is not how Lumiel would move about anyway. So Lumiel can't really answer in the way she did, because she's not untruthful, seems to me. I still think you can have the two talk about it, but in a way that has continuity with the Edict.

Sorry to cause a fuss. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

LMP
Old 11-22-2003, 10:40 AM   #145
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

No trouble at all! How would Bree work? Gorby is fascinated with Bree so it wouldn't seem too out of place...I haven't read LotR for a while so I tend to forget small details like that... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I'm sorry...you'd think that after my reading it about five times or so in the last three years I'd remember more...

Edit: I'll change when I hear back from one of the game owners and Lumiel, Gorby was fine...the whole post was nice except that I got the subject content messed up...*chagrined blush*

[ November 22, 2003: Message edited by: Imladris ]

Old 11-22-2003, 05:37 PM   #146
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

LMP!

I'll do a quick re-work to fix that glitch up. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

As for Bree.... I see Bree as a conduit for the folk of the Shire and the larger world. The Edict would mean that the wider world has no way into the Shire. Bree would be the one place where they could trade with Hobbits, and Hobbits with them. So I see it as a bit of a commercial, mercantile centre, a cross roads of sorts that links the protected Shire to the rest of the world, for Bree lies not in the Shire.

Old 11-22-2003, 06:45 PM   #147
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Hence the reason for Gorby's fascination of it...I'm off to change it to Bree then!

Old 11-23-2003, 06:55 PM   #148
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Guys, just wanted to let you know that I will be gone from Wednesday through Sunday.

Why I'm writing, can elves talk to animals?? I'm just wondering and don't have time to do a search...

Old 11-24-2003, 06:34 AM   #149
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Thanks for the notice, Imladris. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

In my readings it seems to me that animals seem to respond to Elvish. Dependant on the animal's normal "intellect", all good beasts seem to understand a vibe that is inherent in Elven languages. It is one of the fundamental expressions of the affinity between Elves and the natural world around them.

Horses, naturally intelligent animals, seem to respond well. Asfaloth and Shadowfax are two good examples of that in Lord of the Rings. In the Silmarillion there are ample other examples, including hounds as well as horses.

Based on that, it is safe to say that Elves and animals seem to share an understanding, even if the animals cannot precisely understand the full subtelty and meaning of Elvish words.

Hope that helps. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2003, 01:30 PM   #150
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

That does, thank you... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: I did a little something with Lira and Corn. LMP or Uien, if it's not okay, please tell me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ November 24, 2003: Message edited by: Imladris ]

Old 11-25-2003, 07:08 PM   #151
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

That should be fine. A word to the wise... Lira may not wish to venture too far from the camp just yet. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Ok, I thought I should let all know of something in advance.

As of the 3 December (board time) I will be on my way to scamper through the state of Washington. I shan't be returning until 22 December (board time). I'll likely be fatigued and jet lagged and likely even more incoherent than usual. With Christmas upon us, I think I won't be able to say I'll be back any sooner than 26 December (Board time).

Now, I shall do my level best to check in whilst on my jaunt so as not to completely abandon my commitments. But, no guarantees that I will have the chance to do anything more than shoot of terse, abbreviated replies to simple questions and pm's.

I hope this won't present any difficulties.

One more notice. If you spot a blonde woman in a SUV with an Australian flag sticker on it's rump go hurtling down the wrong side of the road, cheering "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE", that's me. I suggest you keep a safe distance. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2003, 07:37 PM   #152
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

erm, will keep on the look-out for you Elora [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] the fact that Im not old enough to drive, I dont think I will be running into you though... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Have a good trip! when you do leave, that is... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

'Poor ye. Ye're tied to someone who's been photographed trying to shave their hand... My condolences.'
Old 11-25-2003, 09:39 PM   #153
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Uh, Lira will definitely not stray from the camp since she is afraid to and doesn't like to be alone, so no fears on that point! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

PS. Elora have a good trip!

[ 12:00 AM November 26, 2003: Message edited by: Imladris ]

Old 11-25-2003, 09:43 PM   #154
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

I'll be out of town and unable to post from Wednesday until Sunday. Sorry for the inconvenience. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

It seems that both Imladris and myself will be gone during the same time period...it seems like everybody's doing something this time of year...

[ 10:44 PM November 25, 2003: Message edited by: Meneltarmacil ]
Old 11-28-2003, 09:47 AM   #155
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Pipe

I wonder if it would be wise for us to just put a hold on the adventure until the new year? With so many of us called away so often, maybe that would be best. The Green Dragon is available for anyone who wishes to keep their hand in. Just a thought....
Old 11-28-2003, 10:54 AM   #156
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

Elora and littlemanpoet

This is certainly an option, especially since I know that Elora will be gone much of December.

Please let me know if you wish to do this, and I will lock the game and discussion thread.

You will then need to contact all your players.

~*~ Pio
Old 11-29-2003, 07:20 PM   #157
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

LMP and I are throwing this around at the moment. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Alatariel, could you please check your P.Ms.

Old 11-29-2003, 07:41 PM   #158
Alatariel Telemnar
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

If this is locked, when it is reopened... I may not be there, because I am moving and Im not sure how long it will take me to get hooked back up to the internet... its in a very desserted place... heh...

[ 11:10 PM November 29, 2003: Message edited by: Alatariel Telemnar ]

Old 11-29-2003, 11:39 PM   #159
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

If it is locked, I believe it will re-open in the New Year, 2004 ( [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] yipes, anyone else here the rushing of time whistling past their ears?).
Old 12-01-2003, 09:55 PM   #160
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Question: is Uien just being attacked, or is the camp also under attack?