Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2004, 04:24 PM   #361
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

GREEN DRAGON INN FACTS:

It is the 4th Age, year 12. By the Shire Calendar it is year 1433 S.R. (Shire Reckoning).

King Elessar is on the throne of the Reunited Kingdom of Arnor and Gondor.

Mirkwood has been reclaimed by the Elves and is now called Eryn Lasgalen.

Paladdin Took, Pippin’s father, is Thain of the Shire. (Thain is an honorary title for the military leader of the Shire. The title has been held in the Took Family since the position was first established in 3rd Age 1979 with Bucca of the Marish as First Thain.) Paladdin Took dies in year 13, and will be succeeded by his son, Peregrin, ‘Pippin’, Took.

Samwise Gamgee is Mayor of the Shire, having succeeded Will Whitfoot in 1427 S.R.

The Innkeeper, in the Green Dragon Inn of this forum, is:
Aman – a young woman from Rohan.

Before her, the Innkeeper was Piosenniel, and before her it was Dwarin, the Dwarf.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Other ongoing characters in the Inn:

Ruby Brown, Hobbit – not married – server and maid

Buttercup Brownlock, Hobbit – not married – kitchen assistant and maid

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Ongoing characters from outside the Inn:

Halfred Whitfoot – local Shiriff from Bywater and Postmaster for this area of the Shire; his pony’s name is Dumpling.

Fredgar Hornblower – local Shiriff from Hobbiton – played by Fool of a Took

Please Note:

No 'SAVES' are allowed in the Inn.

With the exception of the Innkeeper and the Moderators, no OOC (Out Of Character) comments are allowed in the Inn.

Only the Innkeeper, Amanaduial, or the Moderators move the timeline for the Inn forward.

Visitors to the Inn will need to read the posts that come before theirs to get an idea of what time it is in the Shire, what the weather is like, and what is happening.

Please be familiar with the rules for the Inn and Games in The Red Book of Westmarch, the first topic in the Shire.

IT IS NOW LATE EVENING. THE WEATHER IS PLEASANT.

THE PARTY CELEBRATING THE REBUILDING OF THE INN IS IN FULL SWING - PLENTY OF FOOD, DRINK, MUSIC, DANCING!
Old 04-21-2004, 09:58 PM   #362
Archsage Isaac
Animated Skeleton

Archsage Isaac has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Archsage Isaac
"I'd keep him in my room, but I doubt that the inkeeper would appreciate us dragging a bleeding dog through the Green Dragon's eating quarters." Eleniel had said, trying her hardest to hide the worry in her voice. Isaac heard it quite clearly, he heard lots of things that nobody else did. He could almost sense the fear and anxiety in her voice. He'd been able to do that for as long as he could remember, never thinking anything of it.

The group reached the stables shortly enough, but Isaac was in quite a predicament. While walking he'd originally planned on using his blanket as a makeshift bed for Aarow, but hadn't brough his traveling bag with him. Before entering the stables, he turned to Eleniel and spoke. "Miss Eleniel, would you be so kind as to do me another favor. Beside the table where we were sitting was my bag. In it, directly on top, is a blanket and a small vial of liquid. Would you bring them to me, please?" Aarow began to whimper a bit again, Isaac ran his fingers through the dogs silver coat gently in an attempt to keep him calm.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:19 AM   #363
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Shield Willow

Willow glanced at Mira. "Well, then I guess we should keep going, even if we've lost half of our audience!"

She grinned wryly, and sighed. "But we're left to hold this open now, so come on, Mira. Let's get going. You start, if you'd like, and I'll try to follow along with whatever you come up with. Shouldn't be that hard."

Willow tucked her redish fiddle under her chin, and tried hard not to worry too much about what might've happened. She lifted her bow, and, and waited for Mira to start the song.

She looked around the Inn. So many of the people had chose to dash out, while others were still there, sitting, and waiting. It was such a different sight, so different from what Willow knew.

She smiled, and awaited Mira's start, so she could follow in with whatever song the other hobbit chose.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:41 AM   #364
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye Eleniel and Arrow

"Miss Eleniel, would you be so kind as to do me another favor. Beside the table where we were sitting was my bag. In it, directly on top, is a blanket and a small vial of liquid. Would you bring them to me, please?" Isaac asked her once they had reached the stables. Eleniel nodded.

"Of course," she said. Running back to the Inn, she found the bag Isaac had spoken of. It felt strange rummaging though someone else's things. As he had said, the blanket and strange vial were directly on top. She gathered them in her arms and returned to the stable.

"Here you are," she said. "What's in the vial?"
Old 04-22-2004, 11:22 AM   #365
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril Aman

Aman, curious and a little irritated by the sudden rush out, decided to follow.

Although quite a number had gone outside, many were drifting back in now, and most were unconcernedly continuing, as the music continued - two of the group had vanished, but Aman was fairly sure most of the partygoers hadn't really noticed, and the little jig Willow was playing was most agreeable, lively and cheerful. Aman was able to slip ot quite easily.

"Excuse me...excuse me..." Aman slipped to the front of the crowd deftly until she was in front of Eleniel. "Excuse me, ma'am, may I ask what is the matt-" her eyes fell on the dog and she gasped a little. "Good grief..."

"We have help," the woman replied steadily, her voice only shaking a little as she couldn't resist a glance in the direction of the dog's bloody bulk.

"You are sure?" A nod answered the Innkeeper and she pursed her lips, then murmured regretfully, "I would let you into the Inn to tend to him, but there are certain standards..."

"I understand, Aman. The stables..."

"Absolutely," the Innkeeper agreed quickly, glad this girl was using her head even though it was obviously her dog and had shaken her quite badly. "There are a few spare stalls near the front. I ask only that you do not go too far down - the horses are easily panicked, and that the main bulk of people could stay outside. Oh and...did you see who did this?"
Old 04-22-2004, 03:43 PM   #366
Archsage Isaac
Animated Skeleton

Isaac waited patiently as Eleniel returned, blanket and vial in hand. He nodded and smiled. "The vial contains a draught that, when consumed, induces a numb state on the entire body. Aarow won't feel the pain from his wound, that is, if you want me to give it to him." Isaac said as Eleniel began to speak will Aman.

Aarow looked up at him, still wagging that tail of his. "You'll be ok soon, just stay calm for now." Aarow rested his head once again on Isaac's arm, breathing heavily. Isaac turned to Eleniel once again. "Hey, Eleniel, when you're done talking would you please place the blanket in one of the front stalls if you would."
Old 04-23-2004, 09:30 AM   #367
ArathorofBarahir
Wight

ArathorofBarahir has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

(My name is Hamfast Baggins, I am the son of Rudigar Baggins and Pearl Took, sister to Peregrin. I have brown hair and eyes, green pants a brown button up collared shirt and a tan vest. My voice is somewhat deep but not extremely deep. Now most hobbits are between the heights of 3 foot 4 and 3 foot 9, me on the other hand am 4'2 just a little shorter than your average Dwarf. I was born in the year 1400 (S.R.) and will soon be celebrating my coming of age birthday.)

As I enter the inn I feel all eyes upon me, and then they left I slowly make my way up to the bar. I find a seat and take it, looking around at all of the people in the Inn.

"I like a pint of ale Aman." I said She quickly gets my drink poured and hands it to me. "Here you go good sir and thank you for coming to the Green Dragon." she replied I nod and slowly start to listen to the tedious gossip of others and tune into the conversations around me. I try to take in all that is happening when suddenly a beautiful hobbit girl walks through the door and our eyes meet and I quickly turn around and ask Aman if she has any rooms available for the night. She replies that they do and she hands me a room key. I give her my mug take the key clumsily and head for my room. On my way to my room I run into the girl.

"My my you seem to be in a hurry. My name is Esmerelda Boffin. Ahh I know you you're Hamfast Baggins, you live just down the road from here across the way from me don't you?" She asked

"Yes I do, now if you'll excuse I've had a long day and I need some rest, it was good to see you Esmerelda." I replied

I made my way to room took off my pack shirt and vest and laid down in the bed. I began to drift off trying to sleep but the only thing I could think of was Esmerelda....

Last edited by ArathorofBarahir; 04-24-2004 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:51 AM   #368
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye Eleniel and Arrow

"There are a few spare stalls near the front. I ask only that you do not go too far down - the horses are easily panicked, and that the main bulk of people could stay outside. Oh and...did you see who did this?" The inkeeper was talking to her now. When the woman had first approached her, Eleniel was worried that she had caused too much of a commotion and that Aman was here to tell her off. She gave a mental sigh of relief as she realized the innkeeper wanted to help. Eleniel ran her fingers through her hair, which did little to help considering that she was wearing a braid.

"Thank you," she said. "And no... I did not see who..." her voice caught as she looked at her dog. "I didn't see who did this." She swallowed hard. "Although I assume it was a carriage."

She looked to Isaac, still holding the dog. She blushed, realizing that she had left him holding a very heavy and wounded animal while she was off chatting with people.

"Sorry about that," she said, spreading the blanket on the ground. "You did not have you use your own blanket, you know. And yes, I think Arrow would appreciate the contents of that vial." She gave a little laugh. "Sorry, I'm not making much sense right now. I'm just... overwhelmed."
Old 04-23-2004, 01:48 PM   #369
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
"Nay, my lady, you need not pay me for my services." Elkamia told Eleniel, after she had run to get the man's requested phial and blanket. "I am a warrior more usually, and have spent many years out in the field. My healing and herblore I give freely to those who need it, as a way of repaying for all the lives I take as a warrior. I would not allow you to pay me." That was true, sometimes she killed men rather than orcs, and quite often regretted doing so.

She knelt beside the dog, where he had been layed. The man who had carried him there was there beside the dog also.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Old 04-23-2004, 02:12 PM   #370
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Lily had followed the group into the stable, still unsure if she could help or not. The dog, Arrow, was laid down in a stall a fair way away from the horses so they wouldn't get spooked. Lily watched all this, and in case anyone was paying attention to her, she said, "I'll be back in a minute." She had decided to take this opportunity to make sure her pony was housed properly. She wandered down the aisle to where the horses were at and found her chestnut pony toward the end.

"Hey, Clover, how ya doin'?" she murmured to him. The pony nuzzled her affectionately and Lily let herself into the stall. She saw that he had fresh water and clean straw and seemed to be doing all right. Lily whispered to him, "Do you like this place? It's been a while since you were housed in a nice stable like this." Clover gave a low nicker, and Lily took that as a yes.

"I'll come back later, okay?" Lily said. She let herself out of the stall and walked back down to where the injured dog lay. She could see that Daisy wasn't doing anything either, so Lily said to her, "I don't think our help is needed. Arrow will be all right, and that woman seems to know something about healing." She inclined her head to where the Elf was kneeling near the dog. "Maybe we should head back to the inn so Willow and Mira don't get too worried about us." Lily waited to hear what Daisy would say about her proposition.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:04 PM   #371
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
Mad Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Mira

Mira hesitated, searching her mind for a song. Suddenly her eyes lit up and she said quietly to Willow, "Do you know this tune? It is quite common." Putting her flute to her lips, she began to play a merry, fast song. Willow recognized it soon enough and her bow danced over the strings on her fiddle. The pair of hobbits soon forgot all about the scream of pain as they were embraced and lost in the music.

The remainder of the crowd that had not rushed outside danced and cheered, clapping their hands in time with the music. Two young hobbits began to jig merrily. The crowd roared even louder, clapping their hands as one and egging on the jigging hobbits. Mira paused playing, grinned, and resumed happily. She loved playing her flute; her heart soared when the music lightened others' spirits.

The tune went on, and when it finished Mira sucked in a long breath. She turned to Willow, saying, "There, that certainly lightened the mood! You choose the next song." She looked over her flute, making sure it was not damaged in any way, and waited for Willow's choice.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:12 PM   #372
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Daisy watched as the poor dog lay limp on the floor of the stables. She felt quite helpless and very useless in the midst of these very able healers. She knew that there was nothing that she could do now that would help this poor dog except hope that he would be alright. Daisy looked around and saw that Lily was patting her own pony, a beautiful little thing. Lily left her pony's stall and saw Daisy standing behind the small group surrounding the dog. "I don't think our help is needed. Arrow will be all right, and that woman seems to know something about healing. Maybe we should head back to the inn so Willow and Mira don't get too worried about us."

Daisy nodded and glanced back at Arrow. She was sure he'd be alright though she was curious who could have been so careless to knock the poor dog over in the first place. "I agree. Come on, lets get back into the inn." Daisy hesitated in telling the group of elves and men that they were going back inside, they seemed far too preoccupied with Arrow and she didn't want to disturb them. The two hobbitlasses slipped out of the stables silently and made their way back into the inn.

It was quite late by now and Daisy yawned widely. As the two hobbits got closer to the main building of the inn they could hear that Mira and Willow were doing a fantastic job with the music. Daisy could see people clapping and cheering inside. She caught a glimpse of the two hobbit lasses on top of the tables, they looked like they were having a great time; dancing and playing their instruments.

Lily and Daisy pushed open the old door and headed straight back to the table where Mira and Willow were performing their song. It was a great dancing song and Daisy was tempted to start dancing right where she was, knowing quite well that no one would be able to see her if she did. However Lily dragged her along and they clambered back up onto the table top.

Mira and Willow finished off their song and Daisy said, "Looks like you to have been doing mighty well with this audience. Look at them!" She glanced over the crowd, almost all the faces had a smile and some where still tapping their hands along with the beat of the last song. She smiled at the two hobbit lasses who were grinning broadly already.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:21 PM   #373
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Shield Willow

Willow grinned at Daisy. "Yeah, I think we're doing fine here. It's not bad once you get used to it..."

She grinned broadly. "Well, come on now, get up here, and lead everyone in dancing, Daisy! And as for you, Lily... well, do you know this song."

Willow thought hard, and quickly, and a fast one came to mind: Reilly's Reel. She began the faster song, and hoped that she wouldn't mess up, as it was a trickier little piece, in her mind.

Her bow flew over the strings, and Willow was hardly aware that Daisy and Mira had joined up to lead everyone in dance.

Third finger... open A... Willow's mind was all arush as she recalled the song, and the fast tune from the depths of her mind. And she played, hearing Lily pick up fairly fast, and play along with her.

Willow didn't worry, she trusted that Lily could do okay on this song, the other hobbit was as skilled as she in the violin.
Old 04-24-2004, 04:34 AM   #374
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Elkamia knelt over the silvery dog on his blanket, and inspected how hurt he was. She looked up. "I need my full supply of herbs. If somebody could go down to the horses, you'll find a large silvery mare in one of that stalls. Hooked on the wall is my saddlebag, my herbs are in there if somebody could fetch the bag."

She hooked up her long skirt, and tied it in a knot at the side of her leg, pulling it out of the way. 'I don't care if it looks stupid, I don't want to fall and trip on top of the dog, just because I fell over my skirt. I'm just glad this dress doesn't have long sleeves.' She returned her thoughts to the task at hand, and hoped that someone had got her saddlebags.

Old 04-24-2004, 07:34 PM   #375
Archsage Isaac
Animated Skeleton

"I think Arrow would appreciate the contents of that vial." Eleniel told Isaac as he layed Aarow on the blanket. "Sorry, I'm not making much sense right now. I'm just... overwhelmed."

Isaac gave a slight laugh when Eleniel laughed. He removed the top from the vial and began to speak to Aarow. "Come on, open your mouth, Aarow." he coaxed. After repeating this several times, Aarow lifted his head and opened his mouth. Isaac poured the contents down Aarow's throat quickly so that Aarow could rest again. "There. It will take a few moments for the syrum to take effect, but as I said it will numb his body."

Isaac stood from his crouched position and walked to the back of the stables. Finding the mare that Elkamia had spoken of, Isaac grabbed the saddlebags and walked back to the stall Aarow had been placed in. "Here you are, Elkamia." said Isaac, offering the saddlebags to the elf.
Old 04-24-2004, 08:16 PM   #376
Memory of Trees
Haunting Spirit

Location: Here! Over here!!! Behind that rock. Yes, that is I...
Memory of Trees has just left Hobbiton.
Kyria was a little startled when Elkamia jumped up from the table. "Excuse me," she called over her shoulder as she hurried away. It seemed as if a dog had somehow been injured, and the elf maiden believed she could help. Kyria, while sorry for the animal, decided to stay out of the way.

I don't heal, she thought. She grimaced as the thought pained her. No, I can't heal. But she didn't want to dwell on the thought. Not tonight, when the stars shine so brightly, and she should be happy. Still...

Kyria pushed away from the table. "Please excuse me, also," she said, rising and nodding to her new-found friend. "I have some unfinished business that would require my attention now. Thank you for your company, Tiruviel. It is always good to see a friendly face when you are a stranger in a strange place. I hope we shall see each other again. Soon! I should like to talk of many things." She stopped, and smiled. Then Kyria was gone, stealing across the room like a silent white shadow.

He was coming.

She must be ready.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:49 AM   #377
nynnd1
Haunting Spirit

nynnd1 has just left Hobbiton.
Bredan walked into the room that Miss Aman had given him, and she was right, the view was amazing. He had expected the shire to be nice from what he had taken from the stories, but he was not ready for the feeling that the place gave you, he really felt home. He had always listened to stories when he was a child, but his favourites were of the adventures of Frodo nine fingers and Sam the brave, Sam was his favourite of all the hobbits. Bredan had decided to study Hobbits, though study was completely the wrong word, he had more of a fascination of the race, he was amazed how Hobbits could live in what seemed to him to be a peaceful quiet land then suddenly they were fighting orcs and saving the world, Bredan had always wanted to know more about them. That was the reason he had decided to make for the Shire when he had to leave Gondor, he had not wanted to leave but he had no other choice that he could see, Bredan of Gondor had not been ready to leave.

"I wasn't ready to meet miss Aman as well,” Bredan thought out loud.

His thoughts then went to that strange Snaveling he did not like the look, or reputation that he seemed to have. Nobody seems to like him and they cannot be blamed for what I have seen already, confrontation was not what he wanted at all though, so he tried to forget that thought, but he seemed to trouble Miss Aman, and disturb this peaceful place, both were traits that Bredan did not like.

He heard a noise coming towards his room and drew his sword, it was better to be safe and someone might be chasing him from home, but where was home for Bredan, not sure if he could still call himself Bredan of Gondor or if Bredan of Middle Earth would more suit his current status. His sword shook in his hand, he had no cause to use it since he had been attacked by the men who had took his horse.

"Is there anything you want sir?"

It was Aman's voice, and Bredan was relieved, he wanted to spill out all his troubles and tell her why he was here and what he was running from, but it was not appropriate. He also had a strong temptation to ask about that Snaveling fellow but he thought that perhaps it would be better to ask someone else from the area, as he could not guess at what the connection was between snaveling and the lovely Aman.

"No, I am ok for the moment my lady, I thank you again and if there is anything I can do for you? I am here."

Last edited by nynnd1; 04-26-2004 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:09 PM   #378
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Deva found himself growing tired and Isaac had long since left him for a new companion. He looked around the crowded inn and the band was still playing and couples still dancing. He couldn't see Peony, but he guessed she was still with Aldor.

"Well, I guess it's off to bed for me." He said to no one in particular. He looked into his empty mug and sighed. He was tempted to get one more ale before turning in for the night, but he changed his mind.

Deva climbed up the stairs and entered the dark room. There were two beds, one had his bags on it and the other Peony's. He threw his stuff aside and laid down to get a nice long rest.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:14 PM   #379
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye Eleniel and Arrow

Eleniel watched as Isaac brought forth a bag of herbs for the elven woman who was now kneeling at Arrow's side. The dog seemed more preoccupied with the numbing sensation taking over his tongue than the elf's slender fingers touching his wound. That was good.

The elf hiked her skirts up around her knees to avoid tripping over the dog. Eleniel was impressed. This woman was a warrior, a healer, a graceful elf, and a sensible thinker. She knew several people who would have worried more about their personal appearance than the well-being of a mongrel that they had never seen before.

"Again, I don't know how I can thank you both enough," Eleniel said. "I speak for Arrow, too." Hearing his name, the dog wagged his tail, although still fascinated with the lack of feeling that was spreading across his body.

Apparently, Eleniel would be staying at this Inn longer than she had anticipated. She found that she didn't particularly mind.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:17 PM   #380
Archsage Isaac
Animated Skeleton

Isaac was relieved of the saddlebags once Elkamia took them from him. He didn't stick around for the actual healing part. He merely kneeled down and scratched Aarow's nose. "Stay out of trouble out here, okay?" Isaac said. Aarow wagged his tail in agreement and Isaac stood and walked off. Before leaving he looked at Eleniel. "I'm going to go back to the inn, if you requre added assistance on my part, you'll know where to find me." he said. He slightly nodded and smiled before exiting the stables completely.

The front of Isaac's shirt had several small stains of Aarow's blood. Unfortunate. That's the third time this week he thought, slowly reaproaching the inn. A rather strong gust of wind had blown through and wreaked havoc on his appearance. Without too much thought, he smoothed out his hair and drew his cape around him in order to cover the blood stains. Isaac approached the inn doors once again. Slowly he pushed them open.

The sound of the music rushed over Isaac once again. Almost immediately he found himself in a better mood. He smiled to himself upon seeing the most peculiar thing. An elf, drunk as far as Isaac could tell, dancing in the center of the room all alone. I've not seen anything like that in my journeys, that's for sure... he thought as he made his way to where he'd been sitting before. This time when he sat down, the chair did not nearly break under his weight. Isaac sighed from relief at this fact before crossing his arms infront of his chest and watching the others.

Last edited by Archsage Isaac; 04-27-2004 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:40 AM   #381
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Cree
Cree walked out of the tree line to see that the party had already gotten under way. She hadn't see Grimm all day and thought it would be good for her to try to find someone to talk to. Avalon rested on Cree's shoulder and the two of them walked towards the inn. On their way Cree say what looked like two figures standing there with a dog? Cree decided that going into the inn could wait a little bit. She wanted to investigate on this matter. As she got closer she saw the dog and some people talking. "Good evening?" Cree said as she got in speaking distance. Avalon let out a screech and Cree thought the dog was going to kill itself trying to get away from Avalon. "Sorry about that. I am Cree from Eryn Lasgalen and I believe that dog is the one you two are calling Arrow. That is if I'm wrong."

The look on Avalon's face only could tell that to the white crow it was only to be called dinner. Cree gave a scolding look to Avalon telling her to calm down. Cree had been in the woods all night trying to find Avalon some mice to eat. Yet her search had failed. Her black hair was loose around her face and every now and then it blocked her vision. Cree tucked her hair behind her ears and looked at the two people. They introduced themselves as Issac and Eleniel. She noticed that Aduthondiel was there with them. She hadn't seen her since the day she talked to Hama. "Adu where is Hama at this day?" Cree didn't know what to think when the elf said that he was gone to Rohan. Cree missed his company but not as much as she missed Grimm. "Well it is nice to talk to someone. That is if Avalon can calm herself down."

Cree walked over and got each one of them a mug of ale. Avalon still perched on her shoulder the two of them decided to hear the stories the two would have to tell. Perhaps even Adu would tell them a story.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:32 PM   #382
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye Eleniel and Arrow

"Good evening?" The voice startled Eleniel. She turned and found herself looking into the hungry eyes of a large white bird. Arrow gave a yelp as it clacked its beak at him.

"Sorry about that. I am Cree from Eryn Lasgalen and I believe that dog is the one you two are calling Arrow. That is if I'm wrong," said the woman holding the bird. She appeared elven.

Arrow eyed the large bird warily, but wagged his tail in greeting.

"Pleased to meet you, Lady Cree. What brings you to the Green Dragon?" asked Eleniel, nodding graciously as the woman handed her a mug of ale. "This is indeed my dog, Arrow. May I introduce Lady Elkamia?" She gestured to the elven woman tending the dog's wounds.

"Stay out of trouble out here, okay?" Eleniel turned again to see Isaac scratching the dog's nose as he left the stable.

"We'll try," said Eleniel, "But we cannot promise you anything." She looked down at him. "Ugh, sorry about your shirt." It was spackled with little red dots from carrying the injured dog. He shrugged and smiled before heading back inside. The sounds of music drifted through the door as he opened it.

The white bird cawed noisily, bringing Eleniel's attention back to the woman behind her.

"Pleased to meet you, too, Avalon," she said with a laugh.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:39 AM   #383
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Aduthondiel
Adu noticed that Cree was there. She was about to tell Cree about Hama going back to Rohan but Avalon shrieked to get her attention. Adu laughed and ran her hand down the crow's neck. Adu still didn't know why she persisted in drinking more ale when it seemed she had already had to much to start out with. She noticed that Issac was looking at her funny. What is his problem? You would think he had never seen an elf before in his life. He doesn't look at Cree in the same manner. So why me?

Adu looked at him, "Can I help you with something?" She thought her words was going to frighten the man. Adu wasn't used to being looked at in any way than as a warrior from Rohan. She knew it was not natural to see "a drunken elf" but the celebration called for a better mood.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:01 AM   #384
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Eye

Elkamia knelt over the dog, checking the wound with long, gentle fingers weatherworn by years in the field, years of archery and swordfights. It was quite clean, as wounds went, cleaner than one from an orc-sword, at least.

She rooted through her saddlebags, and found a phial of clear, faintly purple liquid. She sprinkled a little on the wound. It looked fairly clean, but the liquid would make sure it stayed that way. It would have stung like nothing else, had Arrow not been under the influence of the numbing liquid. For that she was glad, as she collected together some other herbs from her bag, and a large bottle of water, from the special pool deep in the depths of Eryn Lasgalen. Healing water, she'd learnt a lot from the forest's healers.

A long strip of cloth emerged from her bag next, and she bandaged her gloopy mixture of herbs to the wound. Again, it would have stung if not for the numbing liquid. Yet again she thanked Isaac silently for that as she worked. Arrow seemed fine in himself, once she was finished she checked his eyes to make sure his head hadn't been affected.

Satisfied that she couldn't do too much more for him at the moment, she sat back on her heels. She laid a hand on the dog's head, and spoke softly in Elvish, a poem she once learnt. It soothed Arrow, and slowly his eyes drooped and he fell asleep. Elkamia looked up at Eleniel, surprised to see another elven woman with what looked like a crow standing beside her. She shook her head at her own folly and smiled, when she focussed on something properly, everything faded out of her mind entirely. She stood up and adressed Eleniel first.

"He'll sleep for a while, but I think he'll be fine. He'll be warm enough out here, I'm sure, with the horses around in here." Her attention slided to the elf with the crow. "My apologies if you or Eleniel here adressed me and I ignored you, I do not mean to be rude. I have a habit of concentrating on one thing when it requires all of my attention, then I fail to notice anything of what is happening around me. It has put me in danger occaisionally. May I enquire as to your name? You seem familiar somehow, though I cannot place it. Are you from Eryn Lasgalen?" She paused for a moment to let her skirt back down, from where it was tied by her leg.

Old 04-28-2004, 01:18 PM   #385
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
The newcomer mumbled something inaudible in response to Snaveling’s uncharacteristically friendly tone, and he quickly looked away. Feeling the snub, Snaveling turned his attention back to Toby and addressed the elder hobbit’s question, too long unanswered.

“You are right, my friend, we should attempt to regain our happy mood. But I am a dour and uncompanionable sort, and those who take up with me must endure it.” Toby laughed with delight and took another swallow of his ale. His face was thoroughly flushed now and his eyes had begun to wander in slightly different directions. As drunk as the little fellow was it was nothing compared to the state the larger Man would be in had he been matching Tobias drink for drink. Not for the first time, Snaveling marvelled at these Halfling folk and castigated himself inwardly for so badly misjudging them when he first arrived at the Inn.

He turned to Galadel next and bowed his head slightly. “I am glad you have rejoined us My Lady.” Silently he sent her thanks for her aid earlier in the evening. Without her support, he would never have found the courage to confess to Aman, and all the good that had come of that would never have been. Even as he formulated the thought, he felt her silent acknowledgement. But at the same time, he could feel her renewed curiosity about him pushing at the edge of his consciousness. Once more, he closed off that part of himself which he had forever kept hidden, but this time he did so as one would close a door behind a departing friend, and not violently as he had before. Galadel smiled and he knew her mind: Very well, Man of the South, keep your secrets. For now.

Indeed, it was those secrets that now consumed Snaveling. He could tell from the reaction of Roa and Galadel that his amulet and the tale he told of it had put him into an entirely new light with them – a potentially dangerous new light, although who was a danger to whom was unclear to him. In his youth he had heard many tales of his ancestor, the exiled heir to the prince, and of the enchanted island in the West where Men did not die, and over whom there ruled a King so powerful that he had vanquished and humbled the Nameless One himself. Snaveling had always put aside such tales as trifles meant to calm children before bed, or to mislead the foolish. But now…he began to wonder if there could be any truth to the tales. And if so, how could he profit from them…?

Toby clapped Snaveling on the back and suggested another drink. Snaveling smiled and remarked, “I have already had more than enough drink for one evening” and his face flushed with immediate shame at the thought of what he done that night while under the influence of the alcohol, “so I shall forgo any more. However, a nice cup of tea and some of that food would be more than welcome right now.” He rose with Tobias to fetch something, but at a thought, he turned to Roa and Galadel and asked, as courteously as he could, if they wanted anything from the table.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:49 PM   #386
Archsage Isaac
Animated Skeleton

"Can I help you with something?" Aduthondiel asked Isaac. Isaac scanned her over and then looked into her eyes and smiled. He thought for several moments about what to say, and finally just decided to introduce himself.

"Hello, I am called Isaac. A pleasure to meet you, Aduthondiel." Isaac said, offering his hand and a chair for each Adu and Cree. "I merely thought it strange that you were dancing alone, nothing more." As he said this, he thought about ordering up some more drinks, as he had already finished the one that Cree had gotten for him. "And I never did thank you, Cree, for getting me that drink. So, thank you." he added as he awaited the two to either sit or continue the conversation while standing.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:37 AM   #387
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cree
"Elkamia, perhaps you might remember my father a little better. Eruniel, he was called before his dreadful death. Thats why I left Eryn Lasgalen, I blamed myself for his death. Avalon, I'm not sure where she came from but she has been my good friend since I arrived here." Cree knew that it wasn't her fault but still she blamed herself for not doing anything about it. She remembered when she was told that everyone missed her back home and that she should go back. Perhaps it was better if she went back to put everything to a final rest.

Avalon released her hold on Cree's shoulder and flew to the seat beside Isaac. "She likes you, Isaac. Thats something it takes her a while to do. Avalon isn't the type to make friends easily." Cree noticed that Adu had taken a seat and was now sipping on a mug of ale. Cree laughed at how Adu was acting. It seemed to Cree that perhaps Adu had had one to many mugs of ale. For Adu was setting there tapping her foot on the wooden floor of the inn. Cree noticed that the inn looked alot better now since it was finished.

The music began to get slower and slower. The room was getting blurry. Cree knew what was happening to her. Even though she had thought it was over for a long time, Cree needed to face that fact that until her questions were answered the episodes would continue to occur. Adu's face was distorted and it began to frighten Cree. Avalon shrieked and Cree could barely hear that. She wished Grimm was there to catch her when she fell but knew that was only a wish.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:17 AM   #388
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
White Tree Galadel

"Would either of you care for something to drink?" said Snaveling courteously, turning quickly in mid-stride.

Galadel stretched her sore limbs, and place her hands behind her head. Then she leaned back a little, chair and all, and looked over, only with her eyes, at Snaveling.

"I was wondering when you would remember your manners, Snaveling," said the elf crossly, but then she winked at him and grinned, "Of course I'd like something, if you too wouldn't mind," but she did not wait for either of them to answer, and continued to speak, "I'd like some tea, please. And maybe something to eat as well. I'm not exactely sure what there is to eat, but I do know that the food here is always good, so, really anything will do."

Glancing over at the woman sitting next to her, Galadel smiled. "What would you like, Roa?" said the maiden, "I'm sure that these two very, polite gentlemen wouldn't mind getting you something to drink or eat as well." Galadel grinned, and winked at the ranger, and then turned to smile at Tobias and Snaveling, who were standing by the table, grinning, as she waited for Roa to respond.
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Old 04-29-2004, 09:42 AM   #389
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye Eleniel and Arrow

Eleniel patted the dog's head as Elkamia dressed his wounds with the contents of several vials. Eleniel was not a healer: that was not one of the gifts that her mother passed to her. She had no idea what the liquids were supposed to do to Arrow, but she trusted Elkamia.

"He'll sleep for a while, but I think he'll be fine. He'll be warm enough out here, I'm sure, with the horses around in here," the elf said as she finished. Arrow's eyes closed and he began to snore loudly almost immediately. Eleniel's mouth curved into a smile.

"Thank you very much," she said. "I wish there was something I could do to repay you for your help." She began to mentally scan the contents of her own pack, resting on a chair back in the Inn. She was a merchant collecting goods, for crying out loud. There had to be something in there that would serve as repayment.

Beside her, Arrow's legs began to make running motions as he chased some creature through a hazy dream. Eleniel laughed.

"So, what brings you to the Green Dragon, Lady?" she asked, turning back to Elkamia with a grin.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:24 AM   #390
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Roa chuckled at Galadel's generous offer. Thinking for a moment, and eyeing Toby catiously she made up her mind. "I think tea sounds like a good idea. And I believe there are some pastries available. I must confess to having a rather large sweet tooth," she said with a returning wink in her friend's direction.

Snaveling and Toby nodded and stood up and walked off in search of provisions. The newest member of their table excused himself as well. Roa followed him with her eyes as he crossed the room, taking note that his position provided an excellent veiw of their own table.

Brushin git aside, she turned to her confidant. "Well, my friend, we seem to be in a bit of a difficult situation. He seems to have no idea what that amulet means."

"Yes," said the elf-maid, "And it is perfectly fine for it to remain that way. For now we should do nothing but wait. It is really all we can do." Roa nodded. Silently she wondered what would become of her promise to Snaveling to bring him to her King. Surely she could not do so now, yet she had given her word. Sensing her distress, Galadel rested her hand on her arm and said, "Do not fear. I sense that in the end, all will be righted. For now enjoy yourself." Roa calmed under the elf's influence. Letting her mind rest, she smiled brightly as Snaveling and Toby returned with the promised items, and she was able to fully enjoy the sweets provided.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Old 04-29-2004, 03:23 PM   #391
Archsage Isaac
Animated Skeleton

Isaac looked at the white bird that had landed beside him. It was as white as the snow in his first memories. "She likes you, Isaac. Thats something it takes her a while to do. Avalon isn't the type to make friends easily." Cree had told him before laughing at Adu's behavior.

What's that all about? Isaac thought to himself. He was getting a strange feeling. He shook it off though, that is until Cree began to look ill. "Cree, are you ok?" Isaac asked her. She looked around the room slowly. Avalon began to shreak and Isaac's feeling returned. Cree was starting to fall. Isaac lunged forward and barely caught here just before she hit the floor. "Unconscious..." he muttered, before turning to Adu. "What's wrong with her?" he asked, obviously concerned.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:37 AM   #392
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Aduthondiel
She noticed that Cree began to fall but Isaac barely caught her. "What's wrong with her?" She heard Isaac say. It seemed to her that Cree had one of her episodes again. "Isaac, its nothing unusual. Cree has these episodes, sometimes they are worse than this one." She told him about the time Cree's side began to bleed from a cut that was obviously there but wasn't sure how she got it. "Theres nothing we can do right now. It will have to wear off."

Though Adu didn't know Cree very well, Cree reminded her so much of her younger self. Cree and Avalon shared a bond like Count and herself. Adu took a sip of her ale and looked over at where Cree was. The child is still very young yet for some reason these episodes come and go at their own will. There has got to be something I can to help her. There just has to be. Adu drifted off into space. It seemed like she was back at home in Rohan. Dorian was there beside her and for some reason she saw Isaac. She thought she had noticed Isaac from some where else before.

She quickly snapped back to reality. "Isaac, where did you come from? You just seem so familar. Have you ever been to Rohan before?" She noticed how his features hadn't changed since the last time she saw him. She wondered why she hadn't seen it before. Cree began to move, and Adu focused her attention to the elf. Cree took a drink of ale and it was as if she went back into a sleep. What is going on with her? Adu turned back to Isaac who now seemed stunned. "Isaac are you ok?" He nodded his head. "Now will you answer my questions." She placed her hand on Avalon's head and began to drink the rest of her ale.

She began to think back to when she was back in Rohan and had all her friends there with her. Everything was peaceful back then. Crystal was still a little girl and had alot to learn. Yet now everything was different. Crystal's own father had basically turned against her. She was left to fend for herself. The painful past was enough to make Adu want to throw up and forget about it. Yet the only good thing about Rohan was that Hama was on his way there. "General Hama." The words were like air coming out of Adu's mouth. "Move swiftly Hama for you never now when the enemy is following." She snapped back to reality and apologized to Isaac for not paying him any attention.

Last edited by Witch_Queen; 04-30-2004 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:24 AM   #393
Archsage Isaac
Animated Skeleton

"Isaac, where did you come from? You just seem so familar. Have you ever been to Rohan before?" Adu asked him. He had forgotten to tell her his story. Before answering he made sure that Cree was ok. She seemed to be. He turned his attention to Adu and her questions.

"Firstly, I will answer any questions you have about me, anything at all. As my first answer, I don't know. I don't remember anything before a few years ago. Not one thing. Though I do know what you mean, you look familiar to me as well. I wish I knew why though." he said, slowly taking a drink of his ale. "Allow me to question you, Adu. What do you mean that I look familiar?" As he said this, he began to try and think of any possible way that he and Adu could know each other, but could think of nothing.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:03 AM   #394
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

This incarnation of The Green Dragon, Part 10, is now closed to posting.

We have reached the limit for pages in the Inn. You may continue posting now in The Green Dragon Inn - Part 11.

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-03-2004 at 10:23 AM.