The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-29-2010, 12:01 AM   #521
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Half an hour left for voting.

Voting tally is still the same as last time.
Oh, I didn't know we got extra time toDay.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:01 AM   #522
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
How about Nog? And he's already got two votes...
I'd be willing to go for Nog.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:02 AM   #523
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I just got a big shock looking at the clock. I thought the deadline was still 2am, but the lack of incoming votes made me think it was earlier.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:04 AM   #524
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

And since I've got the time and you're here Nerwen. I know you have some concerns regarding me. So ask away and I'll answer your questions.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:04 AM   #525
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I didn't overlook it, of course. You overlooked that I commented on it.
The fact that you commented on it was meant to be part of the point - you're picking and choosing. You mention it for a matter of wording, then say that I didn't use the argument Day 1.

Quote:
Anyway, you said you would look for Nogrod depending on Eonwe's innocence. Eonwe did not get lynched, and your reasons for Nogrod toDay are independent of Eonwe's role, but are founded on Nogrod not voting for him. The case you presented toDay was readily available yesterDay.
No, I said that if Steve was proven innocent, we really needed to look at Nog. The fact that he wasn't lynched and proven innocent doesn't negate this, it simply makes it less obvious.

Quote:
You only picked this one item out of my reasons to suspect you. I usually do that when I'm a wolf: picking the few things I can defend myself against to discredit a whole analysis.
Alright:

Quote:
Loslote

I suspected her, but without really knowing why, so here's the analysis. She also seems to have been forgotten by everyone, so I hope this might change it a little.

She's the first to make actual points, which one could interpret as a wolf trying to look helpful and not banter too much. However, her following posts are rather "light" in points. A lot about roles etc. and a lot about people's possible hints.
Yeah, that's me. I'm rather silly. I'm rather okay with this.

Quote:
Her first actual suspicion is only on page 4 - erroneously thinking Nerwen's hint might point to her being Persephone. She believes the theory that Eonwe is the cursed, but doesn't want to lynch him (sensible opinion, I think).
Wait, by "only" do you mean I should have waited longer? Like, for instance, Nog, The Phantom, and you did?

Quote:
Makes a list which has everybody innocent except for slight suspicions towards me and Autume. (Not stepping on too many people's toes. However, it's just a mid-Day1 list.) Disagrees with me about Zeus's almightiness. (Being the most mighty and being almighty is not the same.) She agrees with me that we shouldn't lynch BG, and suggests me instead (and Autume). She keeps on stating to want to lynch me and her multiple times, and that I find very suspicious. In her list, Tum and me stood out as most suspicious, but it looked more like we were 2/10 in a sea of 1/10. Looking at #231, #234, #260, it really seems to me like she used the list to be able to justify singling out two and then being able to keep those around as prime suspects without having to answer any more questions about it.
I was partly trying to remind Tum that there were other options, something she adamently denies existed.

Could you explain the bold? I'm afraid I don't follow your argument or your example.

Quote:
She votes Eonwe since Tum and I are not going to be lynched, Eonwe is probably the cursed, and everybody else is still innocent. She notes that BG-voters need to be looked at. Sensible, but also convenient for a wolf who voted someone else. She covers the case of Eonwe being lynched by saying if he's innocent, we need to look at Nogrod (the unpicked cursed villager is an ordo in the tally. If the theory is right, we definitely would have lynched an innocent).
I was under the impression that he would be labled "Dionysis." The BeiGei voters, especially later on, were suspicious. Convenient? More like I thought that particular bandwagon was very ill-advised and wanted no part in it.

Quote:
ToDay she starts with suppressed anger and a new list, which looks suspiciously like the old one, except that Nogrod is suspicious now, too. She backs off me a little bit. She suspects Nogrod because he didn't vote for Eonwe. Not exactly a great argument, but alright, except that she could have made the same point yesterDay, after his vote, already. But yesterDay she was content to carry only Tum and me around.
Supressed anger, yes. Could have made the same point, yes. As it happens, I did.

Quote:
There are several things that could be both evil or good, but the way she handled her suspicions of Autume and me, talks about the BG-waggon and Eonwe's possible innocence (each on its own fine, but in combination it looks bad), and the reason for suspecting Nogrod look rather bad. Prime suspect now, since I lack other strong suspects at the moment.
Why is the combination particularly bad?

If I'm alive toMorrow, I'll have analysis, don't worry. I was pressed for time toDay, as I had stated explicitly more than once.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:06 AM   #526
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, I'd say that was a nice scene I just wrote, and...
people, people, people. Can't say I was wild over the original candidates, but this last minute scrambling isn't likely to do much good either... I mean, Nienna? Why her? You'd do as well to lynch me, and I already have a vote.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:06 AM   #527
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
I just got a big shock looking at the clock. I thought the deadline was still 2am, but the lack of incoming votes made me think it was earlier.
Yeah, me too.

Okay, what's the case against Nienna? I'm not going to vote her if it's just random.

After all, we probably will have to go through this again toMorrow if Steve lives.

EDIT:X'd since Mac.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:10 AM   #528
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Okay, but seriously, are we going to take a submarine shot or not? Because the only way it'll amount to anything is to pile on.
If it's Nienna you're piling on, count me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
By that time I was getting tired and wanted to go to bed and get some sleep. Yes I'm up later than I was yesterDay. However some nights I'm more tired than others. So I didn't stick around to see if someone else could get lynched.
Then why didn't you say that before? Your previous posts made it sound like you were desparing of any possible other option, rather than going to bed. There's a big difference. One implies not caring all that much, the other implies that you did care, but were prevented from that by RL. The fact that you waited this long to mention it kind of indicates that you're grasping at straws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
How about Nog? And he's already got two votes...

edit: Forgot that DL was in half an hour *is relieved that he didn't miss vote*
You know that I'd be more than fine with this.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:12 AM   #529
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
For that matter, what's the case against Steve... (and yes, I've heard the arguments, and still I ask...)

This day has been such a waste of time, for the most part. I'll be very surprised if any good comes of it.

You know, Mac seems to be directing all this "hey! Let's vote a random person instead of Steve!" business, which makes me think we may have been wise to lynch him after all...
Old 07-29-2010, 12:13 AM   #530
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Mod God Interferes Pt. 4

Sheez.....Did ANYONE read my message on the Admin thread last night?

Due to the fact that I had stopped the Night half an hour later, I changed toDay to 2:30am to make up for it.

HOWEVER, the Night will LOOSE half an hour as I will be starting the Day at the regular time of 2am (unless otherwise specified.

Sincerely,
Glirdanmod (ooo...Wilwa was right, I like that name too )
Old 07-29-2010, 12:14 AM   #531
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Another person than Steve wouldn't have been a problem in the first place, but to say the least, all this seems pretty unfocused.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:15 AM   #532
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Then why didn't you say that before? Your previous posts made it sound like you were desparing of any possible other option, rather than going to bed. There's a big difference. One implies not caring all that much, the other implies that you did care, but were prevented from that by RL. The fact that you waited this long to mention it kind of indicates that you're grasping at straws.
I mentioned it in my post when I voted for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98
So after making that post I think it's time for me to vote and go to bed.

++BG
Edit: x-ed with Rikae, Mod, and Rikae
Old 07-29-2010, 12:16 AM   #533
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Could you explain the bold? I'm afraid I don't follow your argument or your example.
The arguments you gave in your list against Tum and me were not exactly strong. That's fine for a mid-Day1 list, but to keep those two names around til deadline without considering voting anybody else, that's not good. And you didn't consider voting anybody else: you did not want to vote for Eonwe, you just didn't mind it. And while you talked about Nogrod, you didn't ponder voting for him, but maintained Tum and me based on little reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Why is the combination particularly bad?
Because it's a way to supply yourself with suspects for Day2 in a very convenient manner. If A dies we have to look at the people voting her, if B dies, the person creating the case against him should be looked at.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:16 AM   #534
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I mentioned it in my post when I voted for her.
Ah, I see. Okay then, scratch my last point. You were not grasping for straws with that last defense.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:19 AM   #535
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Voting somebody random instead of Eonwe? Not really. I asked around what people's options were, so that we would not consider lynching someone random, but one that is suspected.

Lottie and Nienna were the ones I was planning to analyse toDay, but time restricted me to Lottie. I can't offer any good points against Nienna, but I do remember having a bad feeling reading any of her posts.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:20 AM   #536
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I guess it won't work, though. It doesn't look like we'll be able to decide on one person...
Old 07-29-2010, 12:20 AM   #537
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Suspicion doesn't necessarily equal good reasoning, but you know that.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:21 AM   #538
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

At any rate, at least we'll be able to learn something from Steve's role, I'd guess.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:21 AM   #539
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
The arguments you gave in your list against Tum and me were not exactly strong. That's fine for a mid-Day1 list, but to keep those two names around til deadline without considering voting anybody else, that's not good. And you didn't consider voting anybody else: you did not want to vote for Eonwe, you just didn't mind it. And while you talked about Nogrod, you didn't ponder voting for him, but maintained Tum and me based on little reasoning.
That doesn't explain the bold, but okay. I did look at other people, but none jumped out at me as suspicious. Nog was not a vote option on Day 1.

Quote:
Because it's a way to supply yourself with suspects for Day2 in a very convenient manner. If A dies we have to look at the people voting her, if B dies, the person creating the case against him should be looked at.
I see your point. And I admit that it's a good one. But they were both suspicious. What would you prefer, I wrote them all off as being wolvish to pursue and wallowed about with no suspicions?
Old 07-29-2010, 12:23 AM   #540
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

I'm thankful for the more time we had toDay, and then this idea hits me. Why not lynch someone else, and have the Hunter go after Eonwe. If he dies than we know he's a wolf. The big flaw we'd have to pull this all of in nine minutes, and the Hunter would have to see this post. So basically a bad plan this late toDay.

Edit: x-ed w/several
Old 07-29-2010, 12:23 AM   #541
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Nog was not a vote option on Day 1.
Neither was Autume.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:25 AM   #542
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

The Tally:

Greenie ==> Mac
Shasta ==> Nog
Kath ===> Nog (2)
Lalaith ==> Eonwe
Nog ====> Eonwe (2)
Wilwa ==> Eonwe (3)
Nienna ==> Eonwe (4)
Inzil ====> Eonwe (5)
Rikae ===> Rikae

Yet to vote:
Sally, Mac, Phantom, Nerwen, Mira, Folwren, Lottie, Tum, Eonwe

Who is around:
Mac, Phantom, Nerwen, Lottie, Tum, Eonwe
Old 07-29-2010, 12:25 AM   #543
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I'm thankful for the more time we had toDay, and then this idea hits me. Why not lynch someone else, and have the Hunter go after Eonwe. If he dies than we know he's a wolf. The big flaw we'd have to pull this all of in nine minutes, and the Hunter would have to see this post. So basically a bad plan this late toDay.

Edit: x-ed w/several
The Hunter is not a "smart" Hunter. Whoever xe picks dies no matter what role they have. So all we really do is waste our Hunter and kill Steve anyway.

Also, I think we had enough people willing to vote Nog to swing a Nog-lynch.

++Nog

Make of it what you will, and follow it up if you want.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:26 AM   #544
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
And since I've got the time and you're here Nerwen. I know you have some concerns regarding me. So ask away and I'll answer your questions.
No new ground– just that you voted someone you believed innocent, when there was someone else you actually suspected. Now, toDay you explain this by saying it was clearly going to be either BG or Steve, and Steve was the one you wanted to save.

All right.

But you also seem more concerned about how you look than the rights or wrongs of the case:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tum
Now if Eonwe turns out to be a wolf then I know that will look REALLY bad. So I'm really hoping that Eonwe is someone good.
Are you saying you're hoping Eonwe is lynched and turns out innocent? Because that's what it looks like you're saying.

And then, you seem to be latching on to everyone's suspicions.

EDIT:X'd with everybody. And now I'm running out of time again (slow internet!)
Old 07-29-2010, 12:27 AM   #545
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thanks for clearing that up Lottie. So another reason that's a bad idea.

I'm going to vote for:

++Nog

Edit: x-ed with Nerwen
Old 07-29-2010, 12:28 AM   #546
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Unless anything major happens in the next 3 minutes, I'm voting for Nogrod.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:29 AM   #547
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Not going to go the Nogrod-way toDay.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:29 AM   #548
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
No new ground– just that you voted someone you believed innocent, when there was someone else you actually suspected. Now, toDay you explain this by saying it was clearly going to be either BG or Steve, and Steve was the one you wanted to save.

All right.

But you also seem more concerned about how you look than the rights or wrongs of the case:

Are you saying you're hoping Eonwe is lynched and turns out innocent? Because that's what it looks like you're saying.

And then, you seem to be latching on to everyone's suspicions.
I'll have to address this toMorrow if I'm around.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:29 AM   #549
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Notice 2.3

1 Minute left to vote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:29 AM   #550
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

You know what? Let's go with it. Perhaps it will tell us something.

++ Eonwe

If he's guilty then Nog will look pretty good, and Tum will not look good at all.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:29 AM   #551
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

++Eonwe
Old 07-29-2010, 12:30 AM   #552
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ok, there's no point in waiting any longer. This was going to be my vote since the beginning of the Day:

++Nogrod
Old 07-29-2010, 12:30 AM   #553
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
At any rate, at least we'll be able to learn something from Steve's role, I'd guess.
Yes, and there's also the fact that– as someone said– we'll just have to do this all again toMorrow if he lives.

Well, then–

++Steve

EDIT:X'd with a host, including a lot of vote-posts.

Last edited by Nerwen; 07-29-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:30 AM   #554
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

NOOOOOOO!!! *Dies*

Now go and lynch Nogrod.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:31 AM   #555
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Possibly an interesting war will develop tomorrow, eh? With, of course, Rikae, Nog, and I at the center, cutting at each other. Sounds like fun!!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:31 AM   #556
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Okay, Everyone stop posting.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:41 AM   #557
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Mortal Danger

The Gods gathered in the main chamber once more (Hermes's body had been removed earlier in the Day) to make a choice on who they were ready to single out of the group. Everyone was gun ho for taking out someone.

That is until Hades piped up. "What about that mortal? Where the heck did he go?" Everyone seemed to have forgotten about the mortal that somehow ended up on Olympus with Hercules. A quick scan of the room pointed him out, cowering in a corner, completely soiled, a look of petrification set on his face.

"What are you doing here mortal?" Zeus's voice rumbled out. "Or are you really a mortal? Perhaps you are another God sent to set the Twilight upon us!"

"No, no! I swear, I am just a measly little human! I have no idea how I got here!" The Gods began advancing on him, he scrambled away from them in fright. "Please, you have to believe me! I don't know anything about this Twilight you keep talking of." He kept backing up as the Gods advanced menacingly.

"How do we know you're actually telling the truth!?" Hera demanded scathingly.

"No, please!! I swear I don't know - AAAAAAHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh......." His voice echoed all around the Mountain as the Mortal fell to his untimely death.

Dead
Night 1 - Glirdan aka. Thanatos (Mod) - Scythe through the stomach
Day 1 - BeiGei aka. Aphrodite (Lover) - Suicide of a broken heart
Night 2 - Boro aka. Hermes (Seer) - Wings through the eyes
Day 2 - Eonwe aka. Only True Ordo - Plummeted to an untimely, mortal death

Alive
Wilwa
Kath
Mira
Zil
Lottie
Nienna
Nerwen
Folwren
Tum
Lalaith
Greenie
Rikae
Shasta
Mac
Nog
Phantom
Sally

IT IS NOW NIGHT 3

You all know what to do.

I would type it all out, but I'm exhausted and need to get to bed.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #558
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Midnight Scouring Pt. 3

The death of the mortal did not ease the Gods that Night, for they unwittingly murdered a purely innocent mortal (not that some of them cared) who worshiped and revered them.

Once again, Apollo was back in his regular trance and Pan was out on patrol. Zeus and Hera were once again locked in their bed chambers, awaiting the coming of dawn. Even Hestia was not herself, seeing things that she never dreamed she could.

Yet they all dreaded the coming of the Day, where they knew they wouldn't have any peace....

STILL NIGHT 2
Artemis and Eros need to send me a name
Also waiting for the Wolves to send me their pick.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:04 AM   #559
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

The Gods awoke the following morning, expecting the worst of the worst, and with good reason. After all, they congregated in the Dawn only to find that two of their own were slaughtered in the Night.

However, this dawning was different...much different. For one, when they congregated, a slight glimmer of sunshine peaked through the purple clouds to illuminate the Grand Hall.

Another great surprise was when Eros walked in the room with a fantastic announcement.

"I was able to keep one of our own safe last Night!" He went on to tell the tale of what happened. Apparently, four figures were approaching the room of one of the Gods (who's he could not guess) as he was patrolling the halls. He rushed in to stop them and engaged them in a very short battle. Whoever it was, gave up quite easily and scampered away in the Night.

The Gods shouted in delight at Eros's victory. But they weren't through the woods yet. The Gods separated, earnest to discuss the previous Day's events and the events of the Night.

RANGER SAVE NO ONE DIED!!

Dead
Night 1 - Glirdan aka. Thanatos (Mod) - Scythe through the stomach
Day 1 - BeiGei aka. Aphrodite (Lover) - Suicide of a broken heart
Night 2 - Boro aka. Hermes (Seer) - Wings through the eyes
Day 2 - Eonwe aka. Only True Ordo - Plummeted to an untimely, mortal death

Alive
Wilwa
Kath
Mira
Zil
Lottie
Nienna
Nerwen
Folwren
Tum
Lalaith
Greenie
Rikae
Shasta
Mac
Nog
Phantom
Sally

IT IS NOW DAY 4

Shirrifs may continue posting.
Everyone start posting.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:40 AM   #560
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Heh heh... I don't mean to get carried away after the events of the night, but- we've totally got this, guys.

Though we've found no WWs, we lynched the one and only Ordo, which is as good as you could hope for when you lose a good-guy. Our other lynch was a Lover, keeping the Wolves from gaining an ally.

And if I read the narration correctly, Hestia the Mytho is now a Seer. And then this morning our Mod actually told us which Ranger it was that had the successful protection, meaning that we essentially have a Seer dream in our pocket (Eros knows that person is innocent). And Athena knows one of the Gifteds, so that's sort of another Seer dream in pocket. If Hades has found Persephone and we kill him, she comes back with yet another dream for us, plus we have Demeter who knows who Persephone is (and thus can perhaps find Hades more easily). And if we kill Hera, Zeus comes over to us with an extra power. And we still have two Rangers, and a Hunter, and two Shirrifs, and a Unicorn.

So people- do not mess this up. In other words, don't leave without voting thinking you will probably be back. A random vote is better than getting yourself modfired.