Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #2561
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
I will hopefully have a post up for Wynflaed tonight. Should have enough free time to manage that at least...
Old 04-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #2562
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Foley & Dury: In the situation between the three I'm not willing to make any more decisons on your behalf. Lord Athanar takes the initiative now but only by asking them what's going on. You should react before I continue.

If you want to write any more forwards I can say that lord Athanar would naturally be annoyed he had been not told the facts immediately (if the two or either of them will talk) but he woud be easily persuaded to understand he hadn't given them too much time to say anything. And his basic leaning towards the two is positive; Coen for his expereince and trust on him and Thornden because he thinks he's a good man (with the little experience he has of him) and because he needs to be in good relations with him - having Thornden rebelling would be disasterous...
Old 04-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #2563
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm sorry, I've been very busy. I have two weeks left in the semester. I will try to post as soon as I can.

If you want to move on, not a big deal obviously. If you want to just make Coen say that he thinks Lithor may have been involved, you can do that, but I know no one necessarily wants to handle that.

I realize I needed to make the move here to continue it but I just haven't had the time, sorry.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:34 AM   #2564
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eorl, 1). Wynflaed is meeting Saeryn in the hall, not the kitchen. So I don't know what's going on with Kara now, but maybe she should be interacting with the women who are still there.

2). Wynflaed has a firm step, not a silken tread. A small thing, I know, but it can speak volumes about the character.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #2565
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
If you want to move on, not a big deal obviously. If you want to just make Coen say that he thinks Lithor may have been involved, you can do that, but I know no one necessarily wants to handle that.
That I think would leave it up to you Foley. So if Coen isn't offering the insecure speculation (insecure to him) about Lithor actively (if I read Dury right), then it would be up to whether Thornden would like to say something or not...

If you Foley think Thornden would say nothing, just post something or tell us here he will turn on his heels and go. If he will say something though, then feel free to use lord Athanar in your post along the lines I specified in my earlier post here in the admin thread - or PM me for any responses you'd like to have from lord Athanar.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:08 PM   #2566
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I sent Durelin a PM telling her that Thornden would say nothing, so it's really up to Coenred to mention Lithor, if anyone does at this point in time. Since what Coen will say will have so much affect on my character, I'd rather not decide if he says anything or what he says. I plan on having Thornden say nothing at all, but those plans might change, depending on what Coenred says, or what Athanar asks, etc....this is a place where it would be lots of fun for all the characters' writers to write. Hopefully Durelin will have some time to post eventually. I'm willing to wait...I just got impatient because everyone was absolutely silent for days.

As for Thornden, he is ready to go and do what Athanar told him - get a couple small search parties to search the marshes and then oversee a search over the immediate vicinity.

Mnemo, I'll post for Saeryn hopefully later today.

-- Foley

EDIT: I realized that sounded too authoritarian. I didn't mean that. ... We can continue, if you want to, Nogrod, I just don't want to write for Coenred.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #2567
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
EDIT: I realized that sounded too authoritarian. I didn't mean that. ... We can continue, if you want to, Nogrod, I just don't want to write for Coenred.
Don't be embarrassed. You just said what you thought and which were the limits you'd feel comfortable of going... no problem here I think. On the contrary. It's good to know how you feel about the situation.

Quote:
I sent Durelin a PM telling her that Thornden would say nothing, so it's really up to Coenred to mention Lithor, if anyone does at this point in time.
Let's give Dury a chance to write a post then - and really Dury - you could just make one to three sentences where he either says something or goes to accomplish the mission. We can then take it up from there if you are busy.

Quote:
As for Thornden, he is ready to go and do what Athanar told him - get a couple small search parties to search the marshes and then oversee a search over the immediate vicinity.
So he has decided not to tell lord Athanar where the two had gone to secure their escape? That's actually quite okay as we need to get them out of the story and so any chance of the people of the MH actually getting hold of them would be a bad idea... and there's always the possibility that if we had no other tensions at one stage of the story (now it looks highly unlikely, but if) then we could make lord Athanar learn that Thornden knew where the two were heading (and that they were the two of them) and start to think why didn't he tell him about it!

But I think we have enough things to settle without that twist right now, or what do you think?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:11 PM   #2568
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
So he has decided not to tell lord Athanar where the two had gone to secure their escape? That's actually quite okay as we need to get them out of the story and so any chance of the people of the MH actually getting hold of them would be a bad idea... and there's always the possibility that if we had no other tensions at one stage of the story (now it looks highly unlikely, but if) then we could make lord Athanar learn that Thornden knew where the two were heading (and that they were the two of them) and start to think why didn't he tell him about it!
Yes, he's decided not to say anything in order to secure their escape. I hope my last post for him on the gamethread kind of said that...in a round about way. lol. Yes, I do see it as a future encounter. I figured that in order for Groin's plan to have them escape to work, Thornden would have to decide to remain silent, since Groin also wrote about Lithor seeing Thornden and practically telling him fair well, from a distance. But I like it this way.

Quote:
But I think we have enough things to settle without that twist right now, or what do you think?
Yeah, I plan on waiting until this game day has ended. It'll be a few weeks RL time at the least before Athanar knows anything about Thornden's ... deceit, if it must be called that.

But, on the other hand, things MIGHT turn out that Thornden is forced into saying something. One never knows when you play with multiple players.

I'm willing to wait for Dury. I'm really excited again.

-- Foley
Old 04-30-2010, 12:18 AM   #2569
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Eorl, 1). Wynflaed is meeting Saeryn in the hall, not the kitchen. So I don't know what's going on with Kara now, but maybe she should be interacting with the women who are still there. 2). Wynflaed has a firm step, not a silken tread. A small thing, I know, but it can speak volumes about the character.
Ah, okay. +dutifully trudges off to make the necessary changes and to rewrite the post to include conversation with Frodides+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley
Yeah, I plan on waiting until this game day has ended. It'll be a few weeks RL time at the least before Athanar knows anything about Thornden's ... deceit, if it must be called that.
But in an hour or few weeks, how would Lord Athanar EVER know of Thornen's... ah... closemouthedness?
It's not like anyone else has seen Thornen see Lithor ride off, as they would have then seen the direction Lithor and Erbrand ride off as well.
Unless Thornen confesses himself, (which would NOT be a prudent move), I don't see how anyone could ever get wise to what Thornen had seen of Lithor.

Last edited by Eorl of Rohan; 04-30-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:07 PM   #2570
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eorl of Rohan View Post
But in an hour or few weeks, how would Lord Athanar EVER know of Thornen's... ah... closemouthedness?
It's not like anyone else has seen Thornen see Lithor ride off, as they would have then seen the direction Lithor and Erbrand ride off as well.
Unless Thornen confesses himself, (which would NOT be a prudent move), I don't see how anyone could ever get wise to what Thornen had seen of Lithor.

Don't be so boring. the time hasn't come yet to decide what happens. We'll cross that bridge when we're ready.

-- Foley
Old 04-30-2010, 01:12 PM   #2571
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I got a post up for Saeryn, and it's actually half way decent. I went back to read my previous post that I'd written for Saeryn for when Erbrand left, and I saw there that I had mentiond that Saeryn had seen Lithor riding away, too, so Thornden is not the only one who knows that Lithor has deserted.

Mnemo, it's your go.

Nogrod, you good to post next with the men in the courtyard, or do you want me to say anything?

-- Foley
Old 05-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #2572
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nudging it just a little....

Okay, so what needs to happen here? Mnemo can post for Wynflaed. Lommy or I can post for the kiddos. Someone could post for Frodides in the kitchen (I'm considering doing that myself so that Loslote and Eorl can write something). Nogrod or Dury can post something with the Thornden, Coen, and Athanar triangle, or if no one wants to say anything further, one of us can get the search parties under way. Lommy can post for any one of her characters... Legate is kind of held up waiting for the search parties to start.

I don't know where any one else's characters are, so if you're around, but I didn't mention you, and you would like to post, fire ahead.

-- Foley
Old 05-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #2573
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry, things got really busy here IRL. I'll be able to post on Wednesday at the earliest.

~Mnemo
Old 05-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #2574
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Nogrod or Dury can post something with the Thornden, Coen, and Athanar triangle, or if no one wants to say anything further, one of us can get the search parties under way.
I've been waiting for Dury to post as in a sense my posting there last time already forced the situation for you two's characters (lord Athanar making guesses meant the two hadn't voluntarily or fast enough brought the subject forwards - which is in a sense important as it makes them reluctant to open the issue) so I'd hate to force things on your characters another time (finalising the fact that given a possibility to speak they both decide to keep their mouths shut). But if Dury isn't posting in a day or two I think we should call it off and the search should begin - and thus make it a fact neither of the two wished to speak their minds to their lord.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #2575
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh...Nogrod...Durelin did post. She squeezed something in there. It surprised me because she had thought she couldn't post for a while, and it ended up that she could. So, unless I'm mistaken, you can go ahead and write something.

-- Foley
Old 05-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #2576
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Oh...Nogrod...Durelin did post. She squeezed something in there.
Heh, my bad...

I squeezed something in as well, but I don't want to make the decisions on behalf of Thornden. So it's up to you now Foley.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #2577
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Gee thanks, Noggy. Just the question Thornden wanted put to him. I'll post as soon as I can. Thanks so much for continuing.

-- Foley
Old 05-12-2010, 09:34 AM   #2578
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Should be able to post for Wynflaed tonight. Smack me if I don't.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #2579
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Aweseom, Mnemo. I'm not quite sure how I'll smack you if you can't get around to writing it, though.

I posted for Thornden.

And sometime earlier, someone asked, "How will Athanar ever find out that Thornden HAD seen Lithor and Erbrand running?" and the answer just came to me. When Lithor stopped and looked down at the drill, he paused for a long time, unsheathed his sword, and dropped it, before riding away - all while making eye contact with Thornden. Therefore, any one of the soldiers might have seen him, and, if they had looked, also seen Thornden. I can really picture Quin seeing it, but if anyone (like Legate's character) wants to have their character observe it, that would work, too. The only problem I see with having Legate's character see it is that he would say something NOW and put the search parties on the right track, whereas Quin may be completely oblivious, not even know that who he saw was Lithor and that they're searching for him, and end up not saying anything until later, after Erbrand and Lithor have had a chance to make their escape.

What do y'all think?

-- Foley
Old 05-13-2010, 02:57 AM   #2580
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Hmm... it would be most interesting if I could come up with a reason for Hilderinc not to tell the truth in this situation as well, or not at least from the beginning and pretend to be just stupid or oblivious. I don't see it as completely impossible, but it will certainly be a challenge for me to think of a way to make it make sense.

One way how to "save it" would be if only Thornden approached him (and Coen would e.g. just go ahead to quickly rouse the rest of the men, leaving Thornden to explain to Hilderinc and appoint them to gather search parties on their own or something), that way, Hilderinc only would talk to Thornden (I could make Áforglaed react to the news and then just briefly take a look at Scyrr, so he'd be out of the way too). It might be then up to Thornden to either convince Hilderinc not to tell anything (ai, ai? If you, Folwren, want a challenge, then this would definitely be one; we also could make it a co-post) or to somehow avoid the question "but sir, didn't Lithor actually talk to you or something?" It would be an interesting thing if it could be done, like, how much it takes to convince Hilderinc that Erbrand is harmless and he should be let alone and whatnot, or if Thornden is going to outright lie (somehow I pity him, he got into this horrible situation and it seems he just cannot stop lying... that's exactly how this web of lies forms and spreads)...

But if it does not work, we can leave it be and make some other soldier notice.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-13-2010, 07:57 AM   #2581
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ooo, Afo's dropping in, does this mean that Scyrr has a chance of posting?

PS. By the way, Foley, our roleplay thread 'Homeward Bound' is only waiting for your character bio in order to start!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #2582
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eorl of Rohan View Post
Ooo, Afo's dropping in, does this mean that Scyrr has a chance of posting?
Who's Afo? [Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. Yes, it probably means Scyrr has a chance of posting.]

Quote:
PS. By the way, Foley, our roleplay thread 'Homeward Bound' is only waiting for your character bio in order to start!
Ha! Nice way to be convincing and guilt trip me into fulfilling my promise. Okay, I'll take the hint. I sent you a PM yesterday, though, and can't really get my bio written until you answer.

Legate, I don't quite know if I understand you, but I am quite up to a challenge and would love to do a combined post with you. We should start sooner than later. I'll work on my bio for Eorl's game, and then I'll see about starting a PM post and sending it to you. By the time we finish writing it, Nogrod and/or Durelin may have posted and gotten Thornden and Coen on their way away from lord Athanar. Unless....Nogrod and Durelin, do you mind if, after a while, one of you haven't posted, can Legate, Eorl, or I move things along out there?

-- Foley

Last edited by Folwren; 05-13-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #2583
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Hey, everyone, just wanted to apologize for being so busy over the past couple of months. All my writing time has been devoted to working on my screenplays and short scripts for grad school, but I may have more time this summer. We'll see. At any rate, please feel free to use Crabannan in any way that fits with the precedent I've established for him, and I'll be back at some point in the future.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:39 PM   #2584
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I moved the time to nightfall; if anyone had something that they intended to do while it was still day, then please tell me, and I will redo my post.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #2585
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hum. Wynflaed, I believe, was going to talk to Athanar, with the possibility of Saeryn tagging along.

On the one hand this should be resolved...

On the other hand, this is my last day with guaranteed computer access *points at sig* and when I'm back I'm not sure if Nog will be in the area.

So I'll leave this to other people's hands. I certainly see no problem in moving Scyrr's timeline forward as long as the rest of us (the search party comes to mind) can catch up later.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #2586
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Exactly. There is certainly a lot which should happen today, starting with the search party and continuing with whatever could happen after that.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-18-2010, 12:48 PM   #2587
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yes, to give Scyrr a chance of being played, that timeline can be moved forward. Hopefully, others can post and get these other characters moving at the current time.

I wrote half a post and then sent it to Nogrod to see if he could continue it for the scene in the courtyard, just so that Legate's characters could become mobalized.

Legate, did you want to do a PM co-written post? What's your plan of action on that?

-- Foley
Old 05-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #2588
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Yes, that was the basic suggestion, although now I am not so sure anymore about my free time in the upcoming days... but I think I should find a few moments to write every day if nothing else. So, effectively, yes - if you want to do it, you may go ahead and start something and we can put something together...
Old 05-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #2589
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
We should get stuff done, I think. The nightfall post was a good reminder of that. I'll check if my characters can do anything to make the storyline go further and post before next week...
Old 05-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #2590
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

We're in the process of making a co-post with Folwren, and I assume there might be something else underway... but yes, a bit more activity would be nice There are many places where something can happen...
Old 05-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #2591
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Is anybody around? Legate and I have written a post together and it's been done for a while now, but we're waiting on things to move forward a little on this game thread first.

I also thought I should tell you that tomorrow evening, I am leaving for staff training, so I will be gone from tomorrow evening until Friday evening, so if anything DOES happen in my absence, just know that's how long I'll be gone.

That means, Legate, that if something happens and our post is able to be posted, you can go ahead and put it up.

-- Foley
Old 06-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #2592
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, seems this has frozen a bit. I haven't been around for a few days and e.g. Lommy (and I assume Nogrod too, for partially similar, partially other work reasons) have been more or less busy too lately... I am going to be around now for a while, though, I assume we might find the summer time to be rather chaotic for the RPGs' development... as it always is. But if we can move ahead, yes, I suggest everybody can slowly post just how it goes, if there is not anything they should wait for...

That said, I second Foley's question (or appeal) - we have our post ready, so just waiting e.g. if Athanar will dismiss the commanders with some more instructions or if something else happens...
Old 06-06-2010, 05:22 PM   #2593
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

As Legate said... I have been more or less killed by my work. But for now I should have some freedom at last - until our Grand Tour begins...

It's late now but I will check the thread tomorrow and post something to get things moving from Athanar's part.

Sorry about being away but it has been quite an incredible rush the last few weeks.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #2594
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Looks like things are waking up a little again. Great.

I'll be leaving in about five hours and won't be returning until Friday. Legate, feel free to post the post if it's time. I'll hopefully write something this weekend if it's time for me to write something.

-- Foley
Old 06-08-2010, 05:09 AM   #2595
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
*waves* Still alive...

I will read both this thread and the actual thread and write something for all my characters before June 17th... but then there'll be a long silence from me.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #2596
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay. Finally back...

Let me know if I have used Thornden, Coen, Wynflaed or Saeryn incorrectly.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:29 AM   #2597
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Looks nice

I have posted my and Folwren's co-post (I think it fits well, but if you want to edit in something, Foley, just tell me). Now I assume it is time (in the soldiers' storyline) when all who play for some soldiers can post their inner thoughts on the matter (I could post something too), or for Coen to announce the departure, or we can make a cut and jump right to the pursuit (and possible inner thoughts of the soldiers could fill part of their ride).

Also, now that I had Áforglaed looking at Scyrr, that could have been a good chance for a brief half-delirious dialogue, if Eorl wished. If not, then Scyrr of course can be just unconscious and that's it.

In any case, if anybody is around, I guess quite many people have now open chance to post - basically everyone, I think.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #2598
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'll try to post this weekend before heading back to camp. I'm SO excited to see some movement!

If I do post, it will be definitely for Saeryn, possibly for Quin and Thornden.

-- Foley
Old 06-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #2599
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I could take on a random soldier as well, just to add some spice. Let's see.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #2600
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Well, I have Quin, but he's fairly laid back, so I doubt he'll add much spice. I'll see what can be done. I do plan on posting later today.

-- Foley